#1 Posted by Owie (3876 posts) - - Show Bio

The Punisher has traveled back in time to the late 1800s. He is set to fight Jonah Hex in a small but populated mining town in Colorado. They are in character. Both believe the other is responsible for a mass murder in the town. Hex wants to collect the reward, Castle wants justice for the dead. Win through any means.

They meet at high noon in the middle of the main street, but after letting go with their first volley of bullets, they can run and fight from cover.

Neither one is familiar with the town, and neither one has any prep in terms of setting traps or anything like that.

The Punisher does not have any modern weapons or armor. They are both armed with 2 six-guns, a lever-action rifle, numerous bullets for the pistols and rifle, and a large bowie knife.

Who wins? Why? Please explain your answer, thanks.

#2 Posted by Falcor (131 posts) - - Show Bio

I would think Jonah has an advantage due to it being his time period. He would be more familiar with the weaponry and would know what to expect in a typical small mining town, even one he's never been to, more than Frank would. On the other hand, Frank has better hand to hand (fighting has evolved greatly over the years, Jonah, sorry) and I'd wager knife fighting skills as well, though that one is more in the air. So if Jonah keeps his distance, he wins. If Frank makes it close quarters, he wins.

I'm gonna say Jonah simply because of the "familiarity" advantage. Damn good fight though.

#3 Posted by Joygirl (20153 posts) - - Show Bio

Punisher. I was never impressed with Hex.

#4 Posted by Superskrull86 (1831 posts) - - Show Bio

Jonah Hex

#5 Posted by Erik (33329 posts) - - Show Bio

In the first three issues of his new series, Hex has done nothing to suggest he is more of a marksman than Frank. Frank would win but Hex is a much better character.

#6 Posted by Billy Batson (58271 posts) - - Show Bio

look at the post above
BB

#7 Posted by thanobomb1124 (2016 posts) - - Show Bio
@Erik

In the first three issues of his new series, Hex has done nothing to suggest he is more of a marksman than Frank. Frank would win but Hex is a much better character.

And cooler
#8 Posted by gravitypress (2069 posts) - - Show Bio

Punisher would off Jonah's horse then him.

#9 Edited by krilling (2488 posts) - - Show Bio

Punisher would win when they fight unarmed. He's been trained by the army. Also he knows more technics in this than Hex.
But when it comes to a high noon like we know it from the movies..he'd fail.

#10 Posted by Erik (33329 posts) - - Show Bio

@thanobomb1124:

Yup.

#11 Posted by nickthedevil (13656 posts) - - Show Bio

Punisher.... maybe? not sure with Hex though, his aim is pretty good.

It's pitting two wild cards against each other. this is a hard one.

#12 Posted by Fetts (4518 posts) - - Show Bio

Close call. Giving Punisher old fashioned weapons that he's never used might give Jonah Hex the edge. At the same time I'm pretty sure Frank is smarter. So I'm going to go ahead and say draw.

#13 Posted by Mr. Dead Pool (2625 posts) - - Show Bio

Hard to say but what's a showdown without some good old western music?

#14 Posted by JediXMan (31250 posts) - - Show Bio

From what I've seen, Hex might be faster on the draw than Punisher. But I don't know of Punisher's feats.

#15 Edited by ThexX (1576 posts) - - Show Bio

Frank would win.

#16 Posted by beatboks1 (7415 posts) - - Show Bio

Repeater rifles and 6 shot revolvers from that era were a lot less accurate than modern firearms. Frank will probably be surprised that his first shots miss. Hex has displayed great marksmanship with these over the years. Hex FTW

#17 Posted by Nefarious (21959 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm going with Punisher just to pretend I know alot about Hex.

#18 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (34359 posts) - - Show Bio
@Fetts said:
Close call. Giving Punisher old fashioned weapons that he's never used might give Jonah Hex the edge. At the same time I'm pretty sure Frank is smarter. So I'm going to go ahead and say draw.
Did you say draw?  
#19 Edited by THORSON (2511 posts) - - Show Bio

punisher. he uses advanced weapons and abilities.

hex probably still uses powdered ammo.

#20 Posted by IRS (458 posts) - - Show Bio

@thorson said:

punisher. he uses advanced weapons and abilities.

hex probably still uses powdered ammo.

Way to not even look at the OP.

Hex wins because Frank isn't used to the inaccuracy of the old weapons.

#21 Posted by King_Namor (649 posts) - - Show Bio

HEX

#22 Posted by lifeofvibe (3513 posts) - - Show Bio

i say hex

#23 Posted by Blackdog2009 (1874 posts) - - Show Bio

@joygirl: JH is the baddest man in the DC universe, just so happens he lived in the earlier times. He stomps Frank really bad...really bad!

#24 Posted by Joygirl (20153 posts) - - Show Bio

@joygirl: JH is the baddest man in the DC universe, just so happens he lived in the earlier times. He stomps Frank really bad...really bad!

Oh, two-years-ago-Joy disagrees.

Then again, so do I.

#25 Edited by IndieComicsFTW (3253 posts) - - Show Bio

@beatboks1 said:

Repeater rifles and 6 shot revolvers from that era were a lot less accurate than modern firearms. Frank will probably be surprised that his first shots miss. Hex has displayed great marksmanship with these over the years. Hex FTW

I know its a year old Beatboks, but I had to comment. I shot a Winchester Copy before, and was hitting bulls eyes at the same distance that I did with the M-16. That rifle is insane accurate.

Also I own Revolvers from 1930s, I shoot better with the revolvers than I do with the clunky M9 Berreta of today's military.

IMO it will not make a difference to me.

#26 Posted by beatboks1 (7415 posts) - - Show Bio

@indiecomicsftw: I've hit bullseyes with old rifles as well but to do so you have to take more time to steady and aim the shot than you do with more modern higher powered ( less likely to drift course) guns that have better sights. Also man a 1930's revolver is Sooooooo much better than and 1880/90's one. you may as well compare those revolvers to a flint lock musket

#27 Posted by IndieComicsFTW (3253 posts) - - Show Bio

@indiecomicsftw: I've hit bullseyes with old rifles as well but to do so you have to take more time to steady and aim the shot than you do with more modern higher powered ( less likely to drift course) guns that have better sights. Also man a 1930's revolver is Sooooooo much better than and 1880/90's one. you may as well compare those revolvers to a flint lock musket

Yeah true.

#28 Posted by The_Red_Viper (4167 posts) - - Show Bio

Hex wins more often than not.

#29 Posted by Woodchuck799 (37 posts) - - Show Bio

Jonah has drawn on 6 men at once before they could even draw. I honestly don't think Punisher would expect something like that. Jonah wins in my opinion in that area. If it was to come to close combat. Punisher wins.

Proof of the 6 men killed thing