Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Jokergeist

Another message for 'Wolverine'

See Part 1

Dear Wolverine,

Good work. You have successfully terminated you impostor. Ready for your next step? You will momentarily be transported to your next targets..........perhaps you know them. Their identities go by Blindfold, Qubit, and Forge. You will be given 30 minutes of preparation before initiating the attack. Bring your friends.

Sincerely,

Anonymous

Elsewhere, a girl named Ruth Aldine has a vision of the future...

Ruth Aldine, aka Blindfold, precognitively envisions Wolverine's planned ambush. She alerts her allies Forge and Qubit, and The Preemptors immediately prepare for battle.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

These grounds are the starting point for @esquire's team The Preemptors. See the Golden Gate Bridge in the background? The furthest end of the bridge is the starting point of @sovereign91001's team Ninja Meets Samurai. They will need to travel across the bridge, which is approximately 8,981 feet (2,737.4 meters) long, in order to reach their opponents. Or they could swim.

Battle Conditions

• Given 30 minutes of prep (scouting, battle-planning, exchange gear, set up ambushes, etc.)
  • Fight to the death.
  • In-Character

The Teams

Sovereign91001

Ninja meets Samurai

• Wolverine
  • Kakashi - kunai, shuriken, explosive tags, summon scroll, smoke bombs
  • Psylocke
    • Goodie Bag: The Mystery Bag
    • Perfect Teamwork, Full Knowledge, Morals Off

VS

Esquire

The Preemptors

Esquire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jokergeist@sovereign91001 There were complaints about using Jeffries in the last round, so would you mind if I switched him out for Qubit from Irredeemable? He has a similar powerset and will work just as well for my purposes, but he doesn't have the large-scale feats that were an issue with Jeffries.

Jokergeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@esquire: *flips coin* Heads. Yea sure go ahead.

Sovereign91001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#4  Edited By Sovereign91001
Sovereign91001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@esquire: Let's rock dude.

Psylocke will link my guys up and using her TK will move us down the bridge at a high speed. Despite (what I feel) is my team's significant stealth advantage Blindfold's particular ability renders it somewhat moot, so my guy's will forgo the stealth plan and move to a frontal assault. Using the link to our advantage Betsy will render the team invisible to any of Blindfold's telepathic scans.

You're team is formidable given enough time to create stuff to the problem here is I don't believe there is enough distance between us and or enough time to let your guys get entranched and build an army or robots or w/e.

Knowing my team has two mutants on it Forge will likely go for his nuetralizer gun and or attempt to build a null field or something. If he tries to build one. Betsy will use her TK to try and crush your team's heads. Likewise her TK should protect her from Forge's Nuetralizer gun and or allow her to disarm him before he can get a shot off. Kakashi can relieve him of the gun and or take out anything tthat was created via his Kamui which would be unaffected by any nuetralizer Forge would have on him.

I don't want to go to deep in on a strategy as this is only the opener but that should be a start.

Esquire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Esquire

@jokergeist: Important question: Can I build things during my prep?

@sovereign91001

Prep:

From my Goodie Bag, Qubit will take the Journeyman's Boot, Blindfold the Penetraitor, and Forge the Flight Ring. During the 30 minutes allotted, Blindfold will use her precog and retrocog to examine your team and the battle ahead. This will give me an accurate picture of who I'm facing, and what their powers and tactics will be. From that information, Forge and Qubit can make a plan and think up tech to effectively combat your team. Forge will begin work on a power neutralizer as soon as Blindfold determines that your team has mutants. Qubit will whip up some telepathic blockers for Forge and Blindfold. Qubit himself already has powerful psi-shields implanted in himself, so he won't need any. He'll then help Forge with his nullifier, using his technokinesis and incredible genius to help things along.

Qubit will set up his Teleportals to intercept your team once they're most of the way across the bridge, and teleport Kakashi and Psylocke to separate parts of the farthest edge of the battlefield, and teleport Wolverine to a powerful electromagnet they've set up as a trap. Qubit's been able to set up portals to catch and redirect a bullet multiple times in the middle of combat, so he should have no trouble setting this up during prep, especially since Blindfold can tell him exactly where your team will be. (I'll make scans soon.)

Battle:

While your team is running across the bridge, Qubit will use his teleportals to remove their gear and dump it at the bottom of the river. He's been able to teleport an enemy's hand off, so this shouldn't be an issue.

Your team should take several minutes to cross the almost two miles of bridge, and then take much longer to get back once they've been teleported away again. This cycle can continue long enough for Forge to complete his Neutralizer with the help of Qubit. This will then be used on Wolverine, and then Betsy will be teleported over and neutralized. This leaves Kakashi, and he can be incapacitated in a variety of ways using tech he can't even imagine.

Jokergeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Jokergeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sovereign91001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sovereign91001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@esquire: I'm doubtful of Blindfold's pre-cog as she lost half her powers to her brother, so I'm unsure how much she'll be able to tell your team about mine. My team is not running across the Bridge, Psylocke is flying them so manuvering around your teleporters shouldn't prove a problem given Betsy's flight speed.

No Caption Provided

Even at worse case and they are unable to avoid the traps, Kakashi can use Kamui to teleport my team back together. And even barring that Psylocke can simply fly up and use her TK to disassemble your gear faster than you can make it. I don't think you can come up with a counter for her TK.

Barring a TK crush for the victory, my teams superior h2h should grant them a victory up close and I believe we have more than a few ways of getting my guys where they need to go.

If I get in range Kakashi's Raikiri should deal fatal blows to any member of your team; likewise he may be able to catch your guys with genjutsu for a quick KO.

Realistically my team's speed and travel options should have them all over your guys while they are still setting up to build stuff.

Jokergeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Jokergeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Jokergeist
Sovereign91001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Esquire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sovereign91001: Dangit, CV ate my post. I'll have a response up in an hour or two.

Sovereign91001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Sovereign91001
DeadPoker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By DeadPoker
renamed040924

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Stop calling me for things I don't care about!

KnightOfZero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

i dont know. there isnt enough information here for me to make a good call.

Esquire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sovereign91001: @pokergeist: Sorry I didn't get back to this. Comicvine ate my post three times in a row, and I couldn't bring myself to type it up again. :P

mr_ingenuity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 mr_ingenuity  Moderator

@esquire said:

Sorry I didn't get back to this. Comicvine ate my post three times in a row, and I couldn't bring myself to type it up again. :P

Comicvine demands an offering. :P

DeadPoker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

kidman560

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1