Jokergeist's Party! R1: Esquire vs Betatesthighlander1

• 120 results
Esquire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

@betatesthighlander1: You're exactly right. His power is possession. It's not mind-control, it's possession. You said it yourself. You do realize that this is who Proteus has been since his introduction? He isn't using his mind to control other minds, his spirit is entering host bodies and using them as conduits for his power. He eventually burns out the body and has to possess a new host. This has been his power, and the driving force behind his character, for most of his career. He spent House of M and much of Exiles searching for the perfect host body, because his consciousness has to possess a host to be at its most effective. It has never been telepathy, it's always been his disembodied consciousness possessing others. Seriously, you can even just read his Comicvine entry or something. But the debate is over, so I'll let you believe what you wish. This is purely up to the voters now.

Avatar image for betatesthighlander1
Betatesthighlander1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

@esquire: that is actually quite similar to what EE did to that guy

No Caption Provided

so their's that

Sovereign91001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

My vote goes to @esquire; he was much more in tune with the debate as a whole as opposed to @betatesthighlander1 who got so bogged down in minute details that were imo ultimately irrelevant to the discussion. I feel Esquire gave a strong preformance and despite some controversies made the more solid argument. I also feel there was a bit of character misrepresentation on beta's part. Whether it was intentional or not I don't know and won't comment on, I will say however that bogged down his debate as well.

Betatesthighlander1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

YoungJustice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#106  Edited By YoungJustice

Esquire.

Betatesthighlander1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sovereign91001: since you went through the trouble of tagging me

I would wonder what minute details you refer to, and what you mean by character misenterpretation

Sovereign91001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@betatesthighlander1: I tag both participants in a debate if I'm saying something about their debating points S.O.P as far as my voting goes. To answer your question character misrepresentation of both yours and Esquire's teams abilities. You seemed more focused on the minutia of the debate and playing tit-for-tat with Esquire instead of focusing on the bigger picture of establishing a solid strategy in my opinion.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e8a1f5fafc4e
deactivated-5e8a1f5fafc4e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

My vote goes to @esquire; he was much more in tune with the debate as a whole as opposed to @betatesthighlander1 who got so bogged down in minute details that were imo ultimately irrelevant to the discussion. I feel Esquire gave a strong preformance and despite some controversies made the more solid argument. I also feel there was a bit of character misrepresentation on beta's part. Whether it was intentional or not I don't know and won't comment on, I will say however that bogged down his debate as well.

I agree with sovereign. Esquire always kept his strategy solid, his style of debating was more favourable, and wasn't caught up on minute details like Beta.

Betatesthighlander1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for deactivated-5e8a1f5fafc4e
deactivated-5e8a1f5fafc4e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

@i_like_swords: @sovereign91001: your being really vague, I don't understand what your trying to say

It was just in general, the way he would structure a long argument or strategy, and you'd counter with a question about one detail and offer no counter. Too much of that swayed my vote in esquires favour. He didn't waste anything either in terms of utilizing all of his teams abilities, not saying you didn't, but this was also a plus.

Betatesthighlander1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@i_like_swords: so your mad because I countered what he said?

or because my strategy focused on just attacking?

I'm seriously not getting what your trying to say

Esquire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@betatesthighlander1: He's not angry. If I'm understanding correctly, he feels that during the debate I would write a paragraph making several points, and you would only address one of those points, leaving a few of the points not countered.

Betatesthighlander1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@esquire: so in the future I should try to lead more?

Avatar image for thedarklordpandamonium
Thedarklordpandamonium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@betatesthighlander1:

I vote for you.

And I have a really well-structured list of reasons why you more or less dominated except for a few details.

I agree, you did make a lot of tiny little pokes and questions here and there.

But the points that you made got through to me.

And here goes.

Telepathy: Not entirely sure whether Esquire was being deliberately obtuse or just didn't understand what you were getting at, but I did. No offense to him but it was...really obvious.

Charge/Sniping: Jetpack, Dead Onez, teamwork, charging through...tons of firepower to bring to the table and basically esquire is turtling...under a flimsy roof which he himself said was flimsy when the Rain of Death has killed an army? While you didn't execute the actual running bit well at all, the Jetpack and all made it irrelevant.

Esquire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@betatesthighlander1: Don't know what you mean by 'lead.' Clarify?

@thedarklordpandamonium Can you please explain why his telepathy would be effective? Because I genuinely don't understand why Ernie would have success when much more powerful telepaths have not. Maybe I'm missing something obvious, but that was never clear to me.

Thedarklordpandamonium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@esquire:

Her bio says she's vulnerable to possession

She has been possessed

Evil Ernie possesses people

Or SOMETHING like that. Don't want to read it all again.

Esquire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thedarklordpandamonium: Beta didn't bring up Ernie truly possessing anyone until after the debate was over. He only referred to a 'psychic attack.' And as far as I know the only time Blindfold has been possessed is the Proteus instance, which isn't telepathy and was by a character who's dozens of times more powerful than Ernie. Beta didn't bring up true possession until after the debate was over, anyway. And when Ernie possessed Commissioner Stone, Smiley had already infected the victim and made him vulnerable, and Ernie needed thousands of dead spirits to help him with the takeover. It seems the confusion was that you interpreted Beta's argument as possession, whereas I never understood him to make any such claim during the debate. But it's whatever, I'm not asking you to change your vote.

Thedarklordpandamonium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@esquire:

I actually understood the point in the middle of the second page. :x

Also, you kind of started the debate again after voting...

Betatesthighlander1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Esquire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#121  Edited By Esquire

@thedarklordpandamonium: And I didn't understand it, but I'm readily willing to admit that I may have simply missed something obvious. Again, I'm not asking you to change your vote. I appreciate you taking the time to read the debate and explain your position to me. Thank you.

@betatesthighlander1 I demanded voting long before you tried to pass Proteus off as a generic psychic. The only new thing I brought up was that your counter to me claiming that Blindfold had never been taken down telepathically was her being possessed by a spirit, not mind-controlled telepathically, and therefore not a valid counter. I don't mind TDLP voting for you, I merely wanted clarification on his position because he seems to understand your meaning better than I do on a particular point.

Thedarklordpandamonium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@esquire:

Aw, thanks for being polite! ^_^

Now either go vote on this or tell Diredrill you're not voting. XP

Jokergeist

Forum Posts