• 139 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by gandalf3219 (183 posts) - - Show Bio
 I think Joker could beat Spiderman in a closed in building because things like joker venom Spidey could dodge because gas spreads and the gas would automatically kill Peter.
#2 Posted by AtPhantom (14461 posts) - - Show Bio

Give me a break.... Spiderman cannot lose this even if he wanted to...

#3 Posted by Omg chris (1607 posts) - - Show Bio

yea lol spidey wins unless you gave joker some preptime but even then i dont really see peter losing

#4 Posted by weapon x badazz (638 posts) - - Show Bio

This thread is a joke!

#5 Posted by gandalf3219 (183 posts) - - Show Bio

Why Batman is at least 8 times better than Spidey and maybe 4 times better without prep. Bats has trouble with Joker. So what makes you think Spidey wouldn't? Joker venom would kill Spidey easily I mean is Spidey immune to it or something; I doubt it . Yes and I'm supposing they have an hour of prep time. I shouldn't have to give that much to pursuade you.

#6 Posted by gandalf3219 (183 posts) - - Show Bio

You are ignorant to think Spidey can beat Joker.

#7 Posted by weapon x badazz (638 posts) - - Show Bio
@gandalf3219 said:
"Why Batman is at least 8 times better than Spidey. "

Are you on drugs or ad 2 much liquor?
#8 Posted by AtPhantom (14461 posts) - - Show Bio
@gandalf3219 said:
" Why Batman is at least 8 times better than Spidey and maybe 4 times better without prep. Bats has trouble with Joker. So what makes you think Spidey wouldn't? Joker venom would kill Spidey easily I mean is Spidey immune to it or something; I doubt it . Yes and I'm supposing they have an hour of prep time. I shouldn't have to give that much to pursuade you. "
: O

1. Batman is not 8 or four times better than spidey, spdey would demolish batman in a fight. Batman is human, spidey is not.

2. Batman doesn't have problems with the Joker other than dealing with traps and similar... Joker is not a factor when it comes to combat.

3. Joker venom makes people laugh, not die right? Either way Spidey is fast enough to beat Joker to the button any day of the week.

4. One hour of prep is not enough.
#9 Posted by Andferne (38808 posts) - - Show Bio
@gandalf3219 said:
" You are ignorant to think Spidey can beat Joker. "
LOL

@gandalf3219 said:
" Why Batman is at least 8 times better than Spidey and maybe 4 times better without prep. Bats has trouble with Joker. So what makes you think Spidey wouldn't? "
ROFLMMFAO!

I mean seriously?

Spidey wins in a enclosed area, or anywhere else these two square off at.

#10 Posted by gandalf3219 (183 posts) - - Show Bio
  1. Batman is said to be pretty much unbeatable with prep and even without it could beat Spidey with superior combat skills.
  2. He has problems with Joker even in close combat. Have you seen the Dark Knight? Plus besides movies in the comics Joker has landed hits on Batman such as The Last Laugh graphic novel.
  3. Joker venom kills people practically in an instant like the dust of death.
  4. Yes it is.
#11 Posted by weapon x badazz (638 posts) - - Show Bio

You must be high thn?

#12 Posted by Andferne (38808 posts) - - Show Bio

He is a troll, just leave the thread alone.

#13 Posted by AtPhantom (14461 posts) - - Show Bio
@gandalf3219: LMFAO. You cannot claim that Batman could beat Spiderman in a fight and be serious about it!

Second, Dark knight is not canon. You should know that. This is a comic site, not a movie site.

Third, Spiderman eats people like the joker for breakfast. Almost everyone of his rogues has a dgree of super strength, speed and durability. Joker is not even at peak level human. Spiderman will remove his head in a single punch.
#14 Posted by !!Abyss!! (60 posts) - - Show Bio

Spiderman takes this easily...to think otherwise ur just a silly fanboy....

#15 Posted by Korg (11931 posts) - - Show Bio

Spider-Man punches a hole through Joker's skull. Then we all laugh about it (except gandlaf3219 I guess).

#16 Posted by Fluke-buddha (644 posts) - - Show Bio

Yeah, Spidey would stomp the Joker.  Spidey is much much smarter.  Much much faster, much much stronger.  much much better offensive capabilities.  Joker would have no chance at all to win this fight.  As for the 'gas killing him automatically',  1) joker gas doesn't have that effect  2) Parkers Spider sense would warn him of any and all traps the Joker could hope to use against him.

Spiderman FTW...nuff said

#17 Posted by kennykiller29 (60 posts) - - Show Bio
@gandalf3219: dude spiderman could kill batman so easliy, batman is just a human at a physical peak, spiderman can lift 10 tons and is 15 times faster then a human, 
#18 Posted by Emperor Gonzo Noir (19709 posts) - - Show Bio

#19 Posted by gandalf3219 (183 posts) - - Show Bio

#20 Posted by .Spider-man. (3940 posts) - - Show Bio

Spidey for the Very easy win.

#21 Posted by Psyker star (3492 posts) - - Show Bio

Spider man owns joker he can dodge the Goblin's Pumpkin Bombs so joker has nothing on spider man

#22 Posted by gandalf3219 (183 posts) - - Show Bio

At far range no but with a close range wif of joker venom spidey couldn't possibly dodge. I still can't believe not one person has sided with me. I could see it happen both ways. But I see Joker winning this one.

#23 Posted by MOONKNIGHT-LANTERN (389 posts) - - Show Bio

spidey ftw

he will be to fast for joker to throw his gadgets and his spider sense will help him alot

he will beat joker in an hand to hand easily due to his superior strength and speed

spidey is also pretty good with prep and he is very smart as well

#24 Posted by Larfleeze (726 posts) - - Show Bio

Spiderman takes this easily...I love the joker but, he is overrated just like batman.

#25 Posted by Morpheus_ (29873 posts) - - Show Bio
No contest. I want even exert myself on stating reasons. It should be obvious.
#26 Posted by gandalf3219 (183 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't get it.   I should think at least someone should agree. 

#27 Posted by Aronmorales (9434 posts) - - Show Bio

I refuse to let Spidey lose to the Joker, although the fight would be epic.

#28 Posted by gandalf3219 (183 posts) - - Show Bio

At least your saying it's close Aronmorales;thats what I've been waiting for.

#29 Posted by harleyquinn12 (1767 posts) - - Show Bio

Joker is too unpredictable for sspidey.

#30 Posted by Fortified_Hooligan (1975 posts) - - Show Bio

in a FIGHT, joker goes down easy.

if he laid traps and whatnot all over the building or involved spiderman in some kind of evil plot to screw his brain that would give spiderman a big headache.

But he is absolutely no match for spiderman in a fight.

#31 Posted by mv (1876 posts) - - Show Bio
@gandalf3219 said:
"
 I think Joker could beat Spiderman in a closed in building because things like joker venom Spidey could dodge because gas spreads and the gas would automatically kill Peter.
"

YeahhhhhhhhhNO uhh no sorry mate
#32 Posted by EdwardWindsor (14026 posts) - - Show Bio

joker would be stomped so hard and i like joker , he has no powers hes agilty strenght etc are all human , and spidey would sence traps lol , he has no chance 1 on 1 with any person with a good power set

#33 Posted by Rothschild (1311 posts) - - Show Bio

Spider-Man has beaten guys like Venom... Venom would def eff up Joker quick.. Spidey would end Joker even quicker

#34 Posted by Matezoide2 (15994 posts) - - Show Bio

Spider-Man curbstomp

even traps wont work,since the spider-sense will alert him (in fact,Spidey has dodged traps without the spider-sense)
sorry dude,Joker is just outclassed here in every aspect

#35 Posted by gandalf3219 (183 posts) - - Show Bio

What about the aspect of sherr cunning and intellect sure Spidey is smart but can he outwit someone who has even outwitted the caped crusader,one of the smartest men on DC's earth next to Lex Luthor and Mr. Terrific.

#36 Posted by Simon Williams (4813 posts) - - Show Bio

Well based on knowledge Kraven is a way better hunter and trapper than Joker and Spider Man evaded and defeated him so I don't see how Joker's traps would work against Peter. Spider Man wins.

#37 Posted by .Spider-man. (3940 posts) - - Show Bio
@gandalf3219 said:
" What about the aspect of sherr cunning and intellect sure Spidey is smart but can he outwit someone who has even outwitted the caped crusader,one of the smartest men on DC's earth next to Lex Luthor and Mr. Terrific. "
Spidey can one shot the Joker before he can even react. Even with just using his webbing from afar. Joker is not strong enough to escape it. Sorry but writers and a plot device is the only one Joker has a chance.
#38 Posted by .Spider-man. (3940 posts) - - Show Bio

The facts are the Joker is a decent fighter, not even peak human in his physical stats. Spider-man is superhuman in all of his physical stats, plus he has a spider sense that warns him of any danger. He dodges bullets at point blank, can even wait until the last heartbeat to dodge them because of his agility and speed. His webbing is strong enough to where you need superhuman strength to rip out of. He outclasses the Joker in every aspect. Even with coming up with a plan and thinking on his feet. Spider-man is a genius in his own right. Smarter than the Joker is. He has created his own costume, web shooters, web cartridges for his webbing, spider tracers that hone in with his spider sense, as well as a built in light on his utility belt that he carries the extra cartridges in. The Joker is no where near his level in intelligence. or gadgets. All the Joker uses are a few poisons, and things like that. Same goes for his fighting ability. Spider-man is a more skilled fighter than the Joker is.

@gandalf3219: I hate debating topics in Pm's. Especially when there is a topic specifically made for that fight.

#39 Posted by Meteorite (3347 posts) - - Show Bio

As if Joker could escape Spider-Man's webbing!

#40 Posted by Ownerz (1122 posts) - - Show Bio

Spider-Man should win this

#41 Posted by Morpheus_ (29873 posts) - - Show Bio
Ah, yes. I remember this thread. Sheer paranoia. Joker vs Spider-man...Rhino vs Joker...Like the Joker is a credible fighter, or agile/fast enough to actually avoid being decapitated with one hit...
#42 Posted by Ziro (1352 posts) - - Show Bio

(Waste of space even typing it, but..) Spiderman.
#43 Posted by The Illusionist (1 posts) - - Show Bio

>< You guys don't understand the intricacy that is the Jokers mind. Half the time he makes sure the person is dead before he tells anyone they are gonna die. He defeated hush, by gathering an army of trained pigeons, trapping him and having him sedated then placing a pacemaker into his heart so he could kill him at will. In the mini-series Underworld Unleashed, the Trickster remarks, "When super-villains want to scare each other, they tell Joker stories."    The only reason Batman hasn't been killed by the Joker is due to the fact that the Joker defines his life as the struggle he has with batman. Besides everyone saying Spiderman has superpowers I havn't heard any other reasons here as to why the Joker would lose WITH PREP TIME. Does spiderman even know how to use prep time? look hand to hand, the joker would be beaten. But with prep time, the gas would already be in the room they are fighting in and the Joker would most likely have half his men die in the room with spiderman. The Jokers insanity is meant to be incomprehensible, thats what makes him scary, to say he will lose is proposturous because you can never actually know what he will do.
#44 Posted by The_Martian (36980 posts) - - Show Bio

Spider-Man easily.

#45 Posted by ThanosIsMad (2168 posts) - - Show Bio

Spider-Man wins.  This fight contains no prep, which means Joker has no chance.

#46 Posted by DedmanWalkin (2598 posts) - - Show Bio

Let me say this first, the Joker is always prepared. Every action is a part of a larger plan. Spiderman will not use lethal force, ever. Joker enters the building saying, "Well, if it isn't the friendly neighborhood Spiderman!" "Joker! What are you doing here?" Spiderman asks. Joker pulls out a detonator and say, "Did I ever tell you the one about the children's home and the 20 lbs of C-4? It's a blast, I tell you." Spiderman, the naive child, quickly gets the detonator away from him. "Oh did I say blast? I meant it's a gas. Hahahahaha!" The detonator explodes spreading Joker venom sending Spiderman laughing to his grave. He doesn't even need prep for that, he has all the components on him most of the time anyways. 

Keep this in mind, Joker Venom has affected Grayven the son of Darkseid and dozens of other supervillains. Even without the above scenario, Joker could immediately deploy gas and can fight in the gas because he is immune. Spiderman has no means of escaping the gas because they are in a closed in building, meaning little ventilation and few exits. Joker Venom wins the day.

#47 Posted by Morpheus_ (29873 posts) - - Show Bio

Stop copying and pasting the same answer in every single thread concerning the Joker. There is no scenario, no prep time, no building, no hostages, and no gas here. It's a straight fight, and we don't even know if CIS is on, or off. If it's off, Spider-man punches through the Joker's skull. Accept that the Joker can beat nearly no one in the battle threads, and spare us all the trouble.

#48 Posted by DedmanWalkin (2598 posts) - - Show Bio

Did you read the OP? He put the battle in a building, he gave me the use of gas, and he allowed me CIS. (It is always on unless otherwise specified in the OP, which it wasn't. Read the Battle Forum rules.)  As for the Hostages, that was a lie Joker told to get the detonator into Spiderman's hands so he could make sure to gas him.

Who are some of Spiderman's biggest defeats to? Is it the Rhino? No, it is to people like Kingpin or Doc Ock or Norman Osborne. Why? Because Peter Parker is dumb, whiny, and can't see the world beyond his own two eyes. The Joker is smart, never complains, and constantly sees the world beyond his two eyes. In a straight fight, yes, Joker would lose to Spiderman but when has Joker ever fought a straight fight? The answer you are looking for is never. 

I post the same thing in all the Joker fights because that is how the Joker operates. Why do you think that in the Injustice League, Joker was one of the ringleaders. How about Salvation Run, how did he maintain control over so many powerful villains without prep? What about Infinite Crisis, why was Alexander Luthor afraid of including the Joker? There are so many examples in DC Canon of the Joker being the most terrifying villain. Why? He is after all only human and everyone knows this but he still gets sent to Supermax prisons like the Slab. Stop underestimating the Joker, he is the best villain in comics right now.

#49 Posted by CAPiTA (1520 posts) - - Show Bio
@gandalf3219 said:
" At far range no but with a close range wif of joker venom spidey couldn't possibly dodge. I still can't believe not one person has sided with me. I could see it happen both ways. But I see Joker winning this one. "
Spidey would encase Joker in a cocoon of his own venom.

Spidey stomps this without even trying.
#50 Edited by Morpheus_ (29873 posts) - - Show Bio

Actually, he gave you nothing. He expressed an opinion.

@gandalf3219

said:

He never actually specified where the battle takes place, or what equipment does the Joker have. How far away from each other they start. If the building (if we actually assume they fight in one) is unpopulated, or not. How much prep time the Joker has to set traps, etch.  You assumed things, while all the man in the OP did was stating his mind. The fight is straight, whether you like it, or not. Just because the Joker does not usually fight like this, does not mean we will have to assume he is in a situation that is favoutable to him.

If you think Peter is "dumb" it is not for me to actually try and convince you otherwise. His comics do.

And please do not try and advise me on the rules. I am well aware. 

When these things are left out it’s generally assumed that characters are fighting to the best of their ability but still within the limits of their personality, using their standard gear, have no prep time, and are their current versions. Their starting distance is close and the setting is most often a city. But as I said, this is what is “generally assumed”, not what everyone thinks of. It’s always best to give as much information about the fight in the first post.

And as you see, the "rules" are not mandate, either. And the information (the what?) given in the OP is far from sufficient for you to jump into all the conclusions your scenario demanded.

Since you know so much about Spider-man, you will surely know that he never actually fights even at his personal 50%, let alone the best of his ability, as the rules (that you wish to follow) state he has to do here. It is not OoC for Spider-man to attempt and web up an opponent - he does it all the time. Especially against opponents he has no prior knowledge of. It is also a fact that Spider-man acting at the best of his ability, will utilize his reflexes (15 times faster than a normal human - you know, like the Joker), and use his webbing. The result? Instant incapacitation (the "rules" also state that the starting distance is close). No corny dialogue, no gas, no anything.  Not to mention, Spider-man is fully capable of holding his breath longer than the finest human ever would, and that is more than enough for him to approach, and KO the Joker anyway, even if the gas you treasure so much (and is not given in the OP, by the way) is employed. However you want to play it, the Joker loses.

I am underestimating nothing, and no one. How terrifying, or compelling he is, means nothing. This is a fight, not a contest for the best villain in history.