• 55 results
#1 Posted by KalTheHokage_2007 (651 posts) - - Show Bio

Captain America has come to Gotham City, and is trying to bring the Clown Prince of Crime to justice. In this scenario, Joker has several battles with Captain America is fully aware of Cap's abilities. Joker has had about three weeks prep time. PLease, when arguing, no crossover material.

#2 Posted by _slim_ (13075 posts) - - Show Bio

Depends on what Joker does with his prep time.

Still backing Cap.

#3 Posted by DedmanWalkin (2598 posts) - - Show Bio

The Joker kills Captain America outright.

The Joker lives to corrupt the incorruptible. In the Joker eyes, Captain America is already corrupted thanks to the multiple kills that he doled out during WWII. Someone who is corrupt is no fun to play with so the Joker just discards him like so much trash.

#4 Posted by _slim_ (13075 posts) - - Show Bio

Heh.

#5 Posted by Deranged Midget (17599 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't know... giving Joker 3 weeks prep might be the deciding factor. Cap simply doesn't have the tech and gadgets to counter the things Joker would conjure up in 3 weeks time.

#6 Edited by _slim_ (13075 posts) - - Show Bio

And what does Joker bring to the table?

#7 Posted by Nefarious (20284 posts) - - Show Bio

The Joker wins with time to prep.

#8 Posted by BigCimmerian (8305 posts) - - Show Bio

And what he can do with prep?

#9 Posted by The Stegman (24353 posts) - - Show Bio

With prep, Joker wins, he can just sniper cap in the head from a far like what happened at the end of Civil War

#10 Posted by _slim_ (13075 posts) - - Show Bio

=/

#11 Posted by KalTheHokage_2007 (651 posts) - - Show Bio

I chose Cap because he's the relative Marvel equal of Batman. note I said relative. that does not make him the perfect equal, by perfect meaning general methodology, not in terms of abilities. I'd go with Captain America because, if he's fought the Joker, he has something of a knowledge of what to expect. Because of Cap's training as a soldier, he'll most likely come prepared. But this is just what I think.

#12 Posted by royale_with_cheese (747 posts) - - Show Bio

Ha! Joker has had several battles with Captain America and survived? Fail.

#13 Posted by Band Lone (1789 posts) - - Show Bio

Joker wins.. Cap will only see a fool in front of him and will underestimate him.. Thats all it takes for Joker to squirt a bit of acid on Cap's face or drop a little canister of Joker venom onto him

#14 Posted by GhostRider29 (2673 posts) - - Show Bio

I think the Joker is insane enough to take on Cap with stupid little traps set up.

#15 Posted by DrRenekton (256 posts) - - Show Bio

Captain america takes this joker Is nothing compared to what he has fought in the past.

#16 Posted by Ferro Vida (34678 posts) - - Show Bio
@DedmanWalkin said:

The Joker kills Captain America outright.

The Joker lives to corrupt the incorruptible. In the Joker eyes, Captain America is already corrupted thanks to the multiple kills that he doled out during WWII. Someone who is corrupt is no fun to play with so the Joker just discards him like so much trash.

And how, pray tell, would Joker have any idea about Cap's time in World War 2? Cap is in Gotham, but that doesn't mean his history transferred over too. And Cap is a completely noble soul. He was able to wield Mjolnir, he has had Gods take a knee before him, and when he died in an alternate timeline Thor turned his soul into a star.
#17 Posted by Andy Steven Summers (5234 posts) - - Show Bio

@Band Lone said:

Joker wins.. Cap will only see a fool in front of him and will underestimate him..

This could not be further from the truth. Completely out of character for someone like Cap.

#18 Posted by Joygirl (19922 posts) - - Show Bio

Joker takes this... Cap is good but he won't have the detective skill to see through Joker's tricks and traps -- and that's if Joker leaves him any clues to follow. With three weeks prep Cap will likely end up walking into a restaurant and having a giant rocket clown shoot directly up his *** as soon as he sits down to get some pie.

#19 Posted by majestic99 (8637 posts) - - Show Bio

@Joygirl said:

Joker takes this... Cap is good but he won't have the detective skill to see through Joker's tricks and traps -- and that's if Joker leaves him any clues to follow. With three weeks prep Cap will likely end up walking into a restaurant and having a giant rocket clown shoot directly up his *** as soon as he sits down to get some pie.

This!

#20 Posted by KalTheHokage_2007 (651 posts) - - Show Bio

You all make Cap too naive. He'd probably fall for a couple of Joker's traps, but he could probably put a good fight. I maintain that I believe Cap would win, but not without a fight. As I stated before, he and Joker have met before, so it goes without saying that Captain America has learned from his past battles with Joker, so he has some picture of what to expect. Also, as part of his training as a soldier, Captain America has good tactical sense and the ability to see deception to an extent. Don't get me wrong, the Joker would put on a spectacular show, and perhaps even get him a couple times, but I think the Star Spangled Hero will take the fight.

#21 Posted by KalTheHokage_2007 (651 posts) - - Show Bio

I do enjoy all the feedback to the thread.

#22 Posted by Joygirl (19922 posts) - - Show Bio

He only needs to fall for a single trap to be dead. Cap isn't the Bat. Joker will be playing hardball, not trying to guide him to anything or make a big point. He notoriously uses tricks he knows Bruce can escape because he doesn't want him dead.

#23 Posted by jeanroygrant (20191 posts) - - Show Bio

@_slim_ said:

Still backing Cap.

#24 Posted by Andy Steven Summers (5234 posts) - - Show Bio

@jeanroygrant said:

@_slim_ said:

Still backing Cap.

#25 Posted by DedmanWalkin (2598 posts) - - Show Bio

Nobility means crap to the Joker, Ferro. Batman is not noble, so what makes you think it matters to the Joker?

You forget that the Joker has prep, has fought Cap on multiple occasions, and is as good a detective as the Bat. He'll do his research on Cap like he did on the Bat which when combined with his previous fights will tell him all he needs to know.

#26 Posted by progenitor (7541 posts) - - Show Bio

This happens.

#27 Posted by Beerhappy (283 posts) - - Show Bio

Cap Stomps the Jokers teeth out, then turns him into the local police.

Cap is not an easy mark as many of you think he is.

#28 Posted by nomed666 (116 posts) - - Show Bio

yeah captain america isnt batman but his above batman in physical caperbilities , as soon as it gets person to person joker is going to get his teeth broken

#29 Posted by zackattack529 (1404 posts) - - Show Bio

id say joker gets this win. joker has had 3 weeks in advance to prep AND he has home-field advantage!

if cap doesnt know his territory or enemy he's screwed.

#30 Posted by nickthedevil (12409 posts) - - Show Bio

Captain doesn't hold back as much as Batman does. if he hears about everything Joker has done the numerous times he has escaped Arkham and tortured and killed people. i see Cap will not hesitate to beat him to death.

or

AVENGERS ASSEMBLE

#31 Posted by Om4zd (920 posts) - - Show Bio

@KalTheHokage_2007: The disadvantage for Cap is that he doesn't know Joker at all. Joker is in fact highly intelligent and skilled in chemistry and engineering. He has very creative and effective inventive skills. He is a master of psychology, a master strategist, master manipulator and actor. Cap is one of my top 10 heroes but I doubt knowing the Joker well enough can lead to his downfall.

#32 Posted by batfan1939 (364 posts) - - Show Bio

Hmm... I say Cap. With his shield absorbing any explosions, and his resistance to gases, and his chainmail to protect against any cards, that leaves Joker's CQC weapons... and we all know how that turns out. I agree about The Joker holding back with Batman -- a few times, he's even walked away from an unconscious Batman -- but I think, with several battles, Cap would win.

#33 Posted by capfan80 (348 posts) - - Show Bio

Captain America is supposed to be the master strategist of Earth's heroes. He provides the leadership against cosmic level threats like Thanos and you don't think he can plan an attack on the Joker. Cap crushes Joker.

#34 Posted by ArturoCalaKayVee (11570 posts) - - Show Bio

People need to realize that joker gets THREE WEEKS of prep time and Cap gets none. The things joker can do with three weeks prep is extremely deadly if he's targeting a single thing. Joker wins. Cap is strong, yeah, he's a great warrior, but he doesn't have the tech or armor to stop the joker.

#35 Posted by Greenflashlight (183 posts) - - Show Bio

Cap wins Joker would get a few shots in but Cap will smash Jokers teeth in with one shield punch and joker would break down because her cant smile any more

#37 Posted by KalTheHokage_2007 (651 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm sorry, I thought I looked up this fight before I posted, but apparently not. Again, very sorry.

#38 Posted by Video_Martian (5645 posts) - - Show Bio

With prep, Joker.

#39 Posted by SlimJ87D (9898 posts) - - Show Bio
@KalTheHokage_2007:  
No problem, there are 2 ways to search with comic vine. 

1. Upper left search bar. Click the settings and tick only topics. Type in your selection.  

OR 

2. Google " ____ vs ____ Comicvine" the first ex: Superman vs Batman Comicvine comes up with. Best method in my opinion.

https://www.google.com/webhp?sourceid=chrome-instant&ix=seb&ie=UTF-8&ion=1#hl=en&output=search&sclient=psy-ab&q=Superman%20vs%20Batman%20comicvine&oq=&aq=&aqi=&aql=&gs_sm=&gs_upl=&gs_l=&pbx=1&fp=e50b7ed8b228eb18&ix=seb&ion=1&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.r_cp.r_qf.,cf.osb&biw=587&bih=479 

Then click where it says " More results from comicvine.com

You will see 7 topics already made, 1 based off of a single scan alone, another just their morals pitted against each other. 
#40 Posted by DedmanWalkin (2598 posts) - - Show Bio

@batfan1939 said:

Hmm... I say Cap. With his shield absorbing any explosions, and his resistance to gases, and his chainmail to protect against any cards, that leaves Joker's CQC weapons... and we all know how that turns out. I agree about The Joker holding back with Batman -- a few times, he's even walked away from an unconscious Batman -- but I think, with several battles, Cap would win.

Cap will die if he breathes any of the Joker's Joker Venom. It works on people up to Grayven son of Darkseid so Cap will have no resistance against it. The Joker is likewise immune to the effects of his Venom thanks to his blood being full of it and as such can walk completely carefree through his own gas. Cap will have no defense against the Joker if he decides to gas him.

#41 Posted by KalTheHokage_2007 (651 posts) - - Show Bio

good point, never thought about the Joker Venom.

#42 Posted by nickzambuto (13651 posts) - - Show Bio

While he certainly has the physical qualifications to tackle anyone Joker throws at him, Cap doesn't have the detective skills to actually stop Joker from doing what he wants.

#43 Posted by redhood21 (815 posts) - - Show Bio

@KalTheHokage_2007 said:

You all make Cap too naive. He'd probably fall for a couple of Joker's traps, but he could probably put a good fight. I maintain that I believe Cap would win, but not without a fight. As I stated before, he and Joker have met before, so it goes without saying that Captain America has learned from his past battles with Joker, so he has some picture of what to expect. Also, as part of his training as a soldier, Captain America has good tactical sense and the ability to see deception to an extent. Don't get me wrong, the Joker would put on a spectacular show, and perhaps even get him a couple times, but I think the Star Spangled Hero will take the fight.

ohhh reginald! I Agree!

#44 Posted by kiyava (60 posts) - - Show Bio

Captain America is actually pretty smart, and is also physically stronger and skilled combatively. Joker loses.

#45 Posted by TheBatman586 (6316 posts) - - Show Bio

@nickzambuto said:

While he certainly has the physical qualifications to tackle anyone Joker throws at him, Cap doesn't have the detective skills to actually stop Joker from doing what he wants.

#46 Posted by nickzambuto (13651 posts) - - Show Bio

@kiyava said:

Captain America is actually pretty smart, and is also physically stronger and skilled combatively. Joker loses.

He IS smart, no ones denying that, but if you wanna tackle the Joker, you have to be a specific kind of smart, that of a detective, which Cap sadly is not.

Seriously, Batman is "The Worlds Greatest Detective" and can barely figure out just what the **** Joker is doing most of the time, so Cap, with no detective skills, won't really be able to do anything.

#47 Posted by grimlock (1571 posts) - - Show Bio

@KalTheHokage_2007 said:

Captain America has come to Gotham City, and is trying to bring the Clown Prince of Crime to justice. In this scenario, Joker has several battles with Captain America is fully aware of Cap's abilities. Joker has had about three weeks prep time. PLease, when arguing, no crossover material.

How did the joker survive "several battles" with Cap? LOL. OK This is my theory. Since these guys have fought several battles Cap knows abit more about the Joker's insanity as much as Joker knows Cap's abilities. this makes them even so far. the only difference is that the Joker has 3 weeks of prep time and so what is he gonna do with the 3 weeks? not learn martial arts...its not enough time to learn how to take cap in a h2h battles...he's never shown interest in martial arts anyway. so 3 weeks are going to be used devising mind games against cap....probably trying to drive him insane. as long as the Joker plays that from far, he might pull a win here BUT the moment his sorry a**** comes within cap's proximity...game over!

#48 Posted by Aero_gt (840 posts) - - Show Bio

Apparently in this scenario, Joker survived many fights with Captian America, so Joker will just trick and kill him with his preptime. Cap isn't on par with the big things Mister J is likely to plan for him. Cap will probably be looking to finish him once and for all, but Joker would never sacrifce everything in a big climatic fight.

#49 Posted by DedmanWalkin (2598 posts) - - Show Bio

If Joker gets close to Captain America, the Joker deploys his gas and kills Cap. Cap can't do crap against Joker Venom.

#50 Posted by nickzambuto (13651 posts) - - Show Bio

@DedmanWalkin said:

If Joker gets close to Captain America, the Joker deploys his gas and kills Cap. Cap can't do crap against Joker Venom.

Batman has resisted it before, and Cap's immune system is far more powerful then his, and his will power is easily equal.