• 61 results
#1 Posted by tuananhxu99001 (96 posts) - - Show Bio

Joker vs Bane on

- Intelligence

- The ability to bring fear

- Who's a better villain ?

We all know that Bane kicks Joker's ass in Hand Combat as he was trained by the League of Shadow

But let's compare other abilities

Who would win in a fight of intelligent, using their army and bringing fear to Gotham ?

And i'm not talking about only the movie version here.

I want to hear everyone's opinion !

#2 Posted by joewell (6248 posts) - - Show Bio

@tuananhxu99001: really good for ur 1st post

1: ehhh i dont know, tie?

2: Joker, well to me any ways. but thats because clowns scare the sh!t out of me

3: i'd sat joker, he's a classic

#3 Posted by TERMINATORXX (3899 posts) - - Show Bio

Been done several times and Bane stomps

#4 Posted by Deadcool (6809 posts) - - Show Bio
  1. Bane
  2. Bane
  3. Bane

Bane would win, the Joker is just a crazy dude with clown make up that I don't know why people obey him...

#5 Posted by The Stegman (23031 posts) - - Show Bio

Comic Wise, Joker wins all three

#6 Posted by britsera (204 posts) - - Show Bio

1. Depends on how you measure intelligence. Bane is focused and more "classically" intelligent. Joker is unpredictable and insane. You'd be more scared of Bane with 50 guys behind him than Joker, since Bane would know how to command those guys to wreck havoc. But I bet Joker could find more malicious ways to use a rubber duck.

2. I think Joker's scarier.. you can negotiate with someone rational like Bane.

3. I'd judged this on being iconic, and Joker has more iconic moments. If you removed one of them from existence, which Bat Family would be happier?

#7 Edited by nickzambuto (12871 posts) - - Show Bio

Joker in all 3.

1.) This is certainly arguable, but I'll always back Joker. He's one of the few people to regularly pull one over on the dark knight, and his unpredictability gives him an edge.

2.) Joker stomps here. Not much of an argument.

3.) Arguable again, but Joker is more iconic.

@TERMINATORXX said:

...Nooooo.

#8 Posted by TERMINATORXX (3899 posts) - - Show Bio

@nickzambuto said:

Joker in all 3.

1.) This is certainly arguable, but I'll always back Joker. He's one of the few people to regularly pull one over on the dark knight, and his unpredictability give him an egde.

2.) Joker seriously stomps here.

@TERMINATORXX said:

...Nooooo.

Joker hides behind guns too much...In H2H Bane kills him...something Batmans been to scared to do...

#9 Posted by nickzambuto (12871 posts) - - Show Bio

@TERMINATORXX said:

@nickzambuto said:

Joker in all 3.

1.) This is certainly arguable, but I'll always back Joker. He's one of the few people to regularly pull one over on the dark knight, and his unpredictability give him an egde.

@TERMINATORXX said:

...Nooooo.

Joker hides behind guns too much...In H2H Bane kills him...something Batmans been to scared to do...

Yeah no sh*t Bane wins H2H. To bad the OP literally says they're not fighting hand to hand.

#10 Posted by joewell (6248 posts) - - Show Bio

@nickzambuto said:

@TERMINATORXX said:

@nickzambuto said:

Joker in all 3.

@TERMINATORXX said:

...Nooooo.

Yeah no sh*t Bane wins H2H. To bad the OP literally says they're not fighting hand to hand.

the op says there not fihting at all

#11 Posted by TERMINATORXX (3899 posts) - - Show Bio

@joewell said:

@nickzambuto said:

@TERMINATORXX said:

@nickzambuto said:

Joker in all 3.

@TERMINATORXX said:

...Nooooo.

Thats why I replied to it as if they were fighting I guess because I didnt read it close enough * smacks head *

Well after rereading it, this doesnt look like it belongs on the battle forums so a mod needs to move it somewhere else.

#12 Posted by karetaker (1565 posts) - - Show Bio

@Deadcool said:

1. Bane
  2. Bane
  3. Bane

Bane would win, the Joker is just a crazy dude with clown make up that I don't know why people obey him...

joker is a genius. he is also sadistic and demented and wont hesitated to commit terrorist attacks against the general populace.

i say he takes all three

#13 Posted by nickzambuto (12871 posts) - - Show Bio

@TERMINATORXX said:

@joewell said:

@nickzambuto said:

@TERMINATORXX said:

@nickzambuto said:

Joker in all 3.

@TERMINATORXX said:

...Nooooo.

Thats why I replied to it as if they were fighting I guess because I didnt read it close enough * smacks head *

Well after rereading it, this doesnt look like it belongs on the battle forums so a mod needs to move it somewhere else.

It's a battle. We're comparing who's smarter and scarier.

#14 Posted by TERMINATORXX (3899 posts) - - Show Bio

@nickzambuto said:

@TERMINATORXX said:

@joewell said:

@nickzambuto said:

@TERMINATORXX said:

@nickzambuto said:

Joker in all 3.

@TERMINATORXX said:

...Nooooo.

That is still not a battle.. A Battle is a fight, not judging whos scarier, smarter, more stupid or any of that....becase of that im flagging this thread if my flag button works.

#15 Posted by nickzambuto (12871 posts) - - Show Bio

@TERMINATORXX said:

@nickzambuto said:

@TERMINATORXX said:

@joewell said:

@nickzambuto said:

@TERMINATORXX said:

@nickzambuto said:

Joker in all 3.

@TERMINATORXX said:

...Nooooo.

That is still not a battle.. A Battle is a fight, not judging whos scarier, smarter, more stupid or any of that....becase of that im flagging this thread if my flag button works.

A battle is not just a physical fight. A battle is a conflict or struggle. Judging who's smarter fits that description. Not to mention there are dozens of battles just like this that the mods never locked.

#16 Posted by YoungJustice (6666 posts) - - Show Bio

There is no reason to flag this thread. Just pm a mod to have it moved if you really don't want it in the battles section.

#17 Posted by TERMINATORXX (3899 posts) - - Show Bio

@nickzambuto said:

@TERMINATORXX said:

@nickzambuto said:

@TERMINATORXX said:

@joewell said:

@nickzambuto said:

@TERMINATORXX said:

@nickzambuto said:

Joker in all 3.

@TERMINATORXX said:

...Nooooo.

A battle is not just a physical fight. A battle is a conflict or struggle. Judging who's smarter fits that description. Not to mention there are dozens of battles just like this that the mods never locked.

Well my flags have all been used up for the day so I wasnt able to flag this.

Well one time I made a Pinhead vs Freddy krueger battle, it got moved to the off-topic catagory, then I made an arm wrestling battle, got moved to the off-topic catagory and the mods excuse for moving it there was

" It's not a battle " or something along those lines, so im assuming this isnt either.

#18 Posted by nickzambuto (12871 posts) - - Show Bio

@TERMINATORXX said:

@nickzambuto said:

@TERMINATORXX said:

@nickzambuto said:

@TERMINATORXX said:

@joewell said:

@nickzambuto said:

@TERMINATORXX said:

@nickzambuto said:

Joker in all 3.

@TERMINATORXX said:

...Nooooo.

Well my flags have all been used up for the day so I wasnt able to flag this.

Well one time I made a Pinhead vs Freddy krueger battle, it got moved to the off-topic catagory, then I made an arm wrestling battle, got moved to the off-topic catagory and the mods excuse for moving it there was

" It's not a battle " or something along those lines, so im assuming this isnt either.

That's BS. The mod shouldn't of moved it.

#19 Posted by TERMINATORXX (3899 posts) - - Show Bio

@nickzambuto: I agree, but they did...

#20 Posted by MFrenzy11 (467 posts) - - Show Bio
Joker is the better villain he's crazy and evil and likes it and when those two mix u get a very unpredictable person he could just pull out an m16 start shooting him u never know
#21 Posted by ChaosBlazer (3930 posts) - - Show Bio

@britsera said:

1. Depends on how you measure intelligence. Bane is focused and more "classically" intelligent. Joker is unpredictable and insane. You'd be more scared of Bane with 50 guys behind him than Joker, since Bane would know how to command those guys to wreck havoc. But I bet Joker could find more malicious ways to use a rubber duck.

3. I'd judged this on being iconic, and Joker has more iconic moments. If you removed one of them from existence, which Bat Family would be happier?

#22 Posted by They Killed Cap! (2243 posts) - - Show Bio

Joker for all three

#23 Posted by Matezoide2 (15994 posts) - - Show Bio

Bane 
Joker
Joker

#24 Posted by MyonKuro (83 posts) - - Show Bio

Joker vs Bane on

- Intelligence

1. Bane of course. He's smart and tough, he has brains to create venom and break Batman's back. Joker's just Unpredictable (sometimes, not much).
2. Joker because of his Paralyzing laughing gas. That can bring a lot nightmares.
3. Bane definitely. The only reason Joker kicks Batman's Arse at times is, Batman almost makes it too easy for joker. Arkham Asylum is a horrible Jail Cell for joker since he ALWAYS escapes.
Myon
#25 Posted by MB25 (335 posts) - - Show Bio

The Clown Prince of Crime all 3 rounds

#26 Posted by ohgodwhy (96 posts) - - Show Bio

Intelligence: Bane

Ability to Bring Fear: Joker will really mess you up

Better Villain: Bane's still the only one to break the Bat's back but Joker takes this for me because he's far more memorable.

#27 Posted by jokesonyoubats (9 posts) - - Show Bio

mr j all three

#28 Posted by 4donkeyjohnson (1622 posts) - - Show Bio

Intelligence is a broad subject: Bane is book smart and on bar with Batman whilst the Joker is intuitively smart (he can make bombs out of hairspray & chewing gum). Bring Fear: Most people in the DCu are scared of the Joker because he is b@$#it crazy, he's like Kaiser Soyze. Bane IS scary but that really only works when he's standing in front of you about to break you in half. Better: I like the Joker, I also like Bane. Both have had great stories and both have been written like chimps (Joker's Last Laugh for example). I'd like to see Joker ON venom.... hmmmm :)

#29 Posted by Soul_Rebel (1074 posts) - - Show Bio

1. hmmmmmm, i guess they're could be considered equal, yet work on two different playing fields

2. Joker. I would sh!t my pants seeing Bane face to face, but i would sh!t my pants just knowing that Joker is on the loose...

3. I personally think Jokers the better villain. Breaking the Bat is impressive, but not as impressive as killing the Bat multiple times after tricking a reality warper out of his powers.

#30 Posted by entropy_aegis (14214 posts) - - Show Bio

Bane maybe

Depends on who you are,as an ordinary person I would be much more afraid of the Joker,but if I were a superhero or vigilante then PIS AND CIS aside Bane

Joker.

#31 Posted by peacemaker310x (3 posts) - - Show Bio

joker if they are doing a battle of wits because he is SMART when it comes to evil plans and stuff but bane if it comes down to the two of them unless joker can hold one more trick up his sleeve like in arkham asylum when he almost killed batman also know that my info on these guys doesnt come from just video games and movies comic books too

#32 Posted by peacemaker310x (3 posts) - - Show Bio

oh forgot to say Joker wins intelligence ability to bring fear Joker Better villain Joker so Joker all three

#33 Posted by FourthDeity (2234 posts) - - Show Bio

Wasn't a full powered Joker a reality warping planetary threat?

Bane hasn't even come close to that.

#34 Posted by Floopay (8598 posts) - - Show Bio

@tuananhxu99001 said:

Joker vs Bane on

- Intelligence

We all know that Bane kicks Joker's ass in Hand Combat as he was trained by the League of Shadow

But let's compare other abilities

Who would win in a fight of intelligent, using their army and bringing fear to Gotham ?

And i'm not talking about only the movie version here.

I want to hear everyone's opinion !

Joker for both.

Bane is cold and calculating. He can draw on many resources and cause havoc with no real issue. He is methodical, well trained, and has the h2h and strength to match his intelligence. He studies his opponent, and takes every variable into consideration. He weaves a web, and watches as everything falls into it, then leaps in to consume his opponent.

Joker is unpredictable and calculating. He is reactive, and he is chaotic. With Bane, it was a matter of stopping his next move, outsmarting him in a game of chess. The Joker however, it was more than just stopping him. If you countered him in one scenario, you never knew if he wanted you to defeat him, or if you actually stopped his plans. Even if they did stop his plans, it was completely impossible to know how he would react. Would he retreat, would he fight back, seek vengeance, or just play more mind games.

In the movie, Bane spent a long portion of time playing the dark. Keeping everyone unaware of his existence and hiding in the shadows. Then, he exploded and became a tyrant in a city thrown into chaos. The Joker was the opposite. He gave people choices, and relied on them to create their own chaos. At the same time he was always playing his own little scheme underneath all the chaos, and the more Batman tried to stop him, the more the Joker would play on the minds of others.

In the comics it was almost the same. You never knew who the Joker would ally him self with, you never knew what weapons, what facilities, what gangs, drug lords, policeman, or whatever he would bring.

Bane relied on tearing down the world around Batman. He corrupted, intimidated, and maneuvered his way to his goal. But in the end he lacked the insanity, the true fear caused by chaos that the Joker has.

To me the Joker will always be one of the comic world's greatest villains, because he is the entity of chaos and insanity.

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

#35 Posted by Floopay (8598 posts) - - Show Bio

@FourthDeity said:

You mean Emperor joker? He had Mxy's powers if I remember correctly.

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

#36 Posted by HBKTimHBK (5240 posts) - - Show Bio

Intelligent: Could go either way

Fear: The Joker

Better villain: Bane

#37 Posted by Deadcool (6809 posts) - - Show Bio

@britsera said:

@karetaker said:

joker is a genius. he is also sadistic and demented and wont hesitated to commit terrorist attacks against the general populace.

i say he takes all three

In your humble opinion, thing that I don't share, if the Joker was a sadistic and demended man, Bane was a cold and calculating beast, the Joker had an objective and Bane was given an objective, if both had the same objective Bane would do it in a more efficient way.

#38 Posted by entropy_aegis (14214 posts) - - Show Bio

@FourthDeity said:

Please dont mention that Jeph Loeb crap.

#39 Posted by jeanroygrant (20191 posts) - - Show Bio

@Deadcool said:

1. Bane
  2. Bane
  3. Bane

#40 Posted by sandiego008 (3283 posts) - - Show Bio

1) Bane but arguable b/c Joker does things on the fly and is more chaos and unpredictable which makes him the perfect villian for the man that wins w/ prep ... as you can't prep for chaos.

2) Bane. Only because as mentioned above ... bane causes fear joker causes chaos.

3) Joker ... for reasons mentioned above.

#41 Posted by Primebonnick (1734 posts) - - Show Bio

Joker in all 3 imo. Bane is a scary guy especially if you are first laying eyes on him, but through reputation man i just don't want to fuck with joker, atleast bane brings chaos as a means to an end either for money, power or revenge. Joker on the other hand simply lives by his philosophy that everything burns a psychopath with a dangerous ideology like that is tooo dangerous to keep alive. Atleast with bane one can partner with him.

#42 Edited by venomsapprentice (631 posts) - - Show Bio

Joker, I would think.

#43 Posted by MasterM0r0n (333 posts) - - Show Bio

1. Joker is unpredictable but tactically Bane would be smarter.

2. Joker, he paralyzes and kills people by implanting a smile on their face through some gas. Scary X_X

3 .Joker is Batman's arch-nemesis, I would think he's the better villain.

#44 Posted by slayerking (25 posts) - - Show Bio

1 I'd say Joker is a better mastermind and scheming kind of guy. He manages to always be 3 or 4 steps ahead of batman. From what I know about Bane, his strategies aren't particularly complex or unpredictable, just hard to stop once put into motion. Ban is more intelligent in the way that I'm sure his IQ is much higher than Joker's. However if the two of them were given equal forces and resources and were told to battle it out in Gotham city Joker would likely win. He is a strategist in the way that he never takes on his strongest enemies head on. He traps them or gets them into a compromised position. Joker would actually be a Grade A military general.

2 Joker. It's scary how big and fast Bane is but Joker is scary on another level. Joker is scary because you can't predict him, negotiate with him, or out-smart him.

3 Joker again. I'd say this mostly because he tends to be seen as Batman's perfect opposite. However I think Joker is one of the best villains because he doesn't rely on raw power or his own capabilities to deal with his enemy. Also because Joker is much more evil than Bane. Bane may have some bad goals but Joker's goal is just destruction for the sake of destruction.

#45 Edited by Sylvain (1640 posts) - - Show Bio

- Intelligence

-Bane

-Joker

-Joker

#46 Edited by pein2010 (94 posts) - - Show Bio

@deadcool said:
  1. Bane
  2. Bane
  3. Bane

#47 Posted by Alexander505 (2144 posts) - - Show Bio

Really tough to choice who's better and why...

- Joker

- Bane

- Bane

#48 Posted by morefun22 (77 posts) - - Show Bio

@deadcool: You would be more scared of Bane than Joker? Seriously?

#49 Posted by Joygirl (18476 posts) - - Show Bio

Joker, spite.

#50 Edited by leonkarlen123 (3836 posts) - - Show Bio

Bane invented venom who makes him 20x stronger. What did Joker made that smart?. I'm more scared of Bane because in dark he is scary as hell and got an screamy voice-