#1 Edited by Nerx (15088 posts) - - Show Bio

Question: superman is shown to be damaged by beings on equal strength

Drill looks like this BTW

can his face handle the continued exposure to an adamantium drill?

1. time duration for one year
  2. only his head is in use (but activation of heat vision or his breath power will result in feedback)
  3. body absolutely sealed in silver age earth-1 supermanium
  4. Will the drill eventually penetrate or will the man of steel survive
  5. a daxamite is steadily pushing the drill into his skull

can he take it?

#2 Posted by venomoushatred1001 (12334 posts) - - Show Bio

Superman dies.

#3 Posted by OmegaDynasty (9190 posts) - - Show Bio
#4 Edited by The Man of Yesteryear (5502 posts) - - Show Bio

I was going to say he makes it until I saw 5.

#5 Posted by jeanroygrant (20191 posts) - - Show Bio

@venomoushatred1001 said:

Superman dies.

@OmegaDynasty said:

This

#6 Posted by vuviper (5531 posts) - - Show Bio

Is Adamantium really more durable than his skull? I thought I've seen it broken before.

#7 Posted by Nerx (15088 posts) - - Show Bio

@The Man of Yesteryear: how long would it take though?

I mean his face took some heavy hits from doomsday

#8 Posted by OmegaDynasty (9190 posts) - - Show Bio
@Nerx said:

@The Man of Yesteryear: how long would it take though?

I mean his face took some heavy hits from doomsday

Drilling vs Blunt Trauma 
Think Drilling is more effective. 
#9 Posted by Nerx (15088 posts) - - Show Bio

@OmegaDynasty: It wouldn't be in one day though (i dunno, supes has good showings)

#10 Posted by termiteone4ever (7216 posts) - - Show Bio

Supes survives.

#11 Posted by Nerx (15088 posts) - - Show Bio

@termiteone4ever: will he keep his face though?

#12 Posted by Strider92 (16291 posts) - - Show Bio

I just saw the title of this and laughed. The image you put in my head was hilarious, thanks for the laugh man!

In regards to the actual question I think Supes loses his face.

#13 Posted by CaptainRodgers (1656 posts) - - Show Bio

This is a complicated subject it terms of forces and hardness and things like that.

#14 Posted by Killemall (18559 posts) - - Show Bio

IF wolverine has easily been able to cut through people as durable as superman with simple one swipe i dont see why adamantium drill wouldnt work.

#15 Posted by Nerx (15088 posts) - - Show Bio

@Strider92: wbt his life?

#16 Posted by Strider92 (16291 posts) - - Show Bio

@Nerx said:

@Strider92: wbt his life?

Does Supes have a Deadpool-like healing factor? (I don't follow Superman so I don't know his abilities very well)

#17 Posted by Petey_is_Spidey (2819 posts) - - Show Bio

@OmegaDynasty said:

#18 Posted by DrinkUrPruneJuice77 (1598 posts) - - Show Bio

Supes would survive. Hyperion took on Wolverine's claws and didn't get a scratch on him.

#19 Posted by SpidermanWins (3982 posts) - - Show Bio

Time to pay my respects...

#20 Posted by Monarch_Chronicle (905 posts) - - Show Bio

Superman might survive but Lois's love for him would not...i see his face looking more like Hex's by the end of this.

#21 Posted by sesquipedalophobe (4708 posts) - - Show Bio

This is certainly better than my idea of tickling Superman to death.

#22 Posted by Nerx (15088 posts) - - Show Bio

@Monarch_Chronicle:

I think it would look like arseface
#23 Posted by Bo88gdan (4397 posts) - - Show Bio

Rip Superman.

#24 Posted by Superlad93 (46 posts) - - Show Bio

New 52 Superman has a healing factor that is instantaneous (as seen in Action comics #2) this healing needs no sunlight to work plus this was a Superman who's powers were still forming and who had just been hit by a bullet train going 200 mph. 

Now just think about all that but with a current power level Superman who has every last aspect of his being powered up. 

So yes he lives through it with no lasting damage at all.       

#25 Posted by gethere (164 posts) - - Show Bio

@DrinkUrPruneJuice77: I think you are talking ultimate power when ultimate wolverine fight earth-712 Hyperion. From my understanding the ultimate version of adamantium much is weaker than the it mainstream counterpart.

#26 Edited by Thirteen13 (415 posts) - - Show Bio

@gethere: Also, the force behind the Adamantium implement should be a major factor as Wolverine's strength level is around 2 tons at the maximum whereas I believe Daxamites have Superman level strength. IMO Adamantium drill FTW.

#27 Posted by YoggSaron (812 posts) - - Show Bio

Because it's a Daxamite operating the drill, it goes through, but may not necessarily kill Superman. If it was a human behind the drill, it won't break through his skin.

#28 Edited by venomoushatred1001 (12334 posts) - - Show Bio

@DrinkUrPruneJuice77 said:

Supes would survive. Hyperion took on Wolverine's claws and didn't get a scratch on him.

@termiteone4ever said:

Supes survives.

#29 Posted by czarny_samael666 (17174 posts) - - Show Bio
@Killemall said:

IF wolverine has easily been able to cut through people as durable as superman with simple one swipe i dont see why adamantium drill wouldnt work.

It is PIS. He would have to have greater strength then they have. 

@vuviper said:

Is Adamantium really more durable than his skull? I thought I've seen it broken before.

He survives, becasue drill is weaker than his head's muscles.
#30 Edited by termiteone4ever (7216 posts) - - Show Bio

@Nerx said:

@termiteone4ever: will he keep his face though?

I am pretty sure he does superman has fast healing .

now if you had said Kyyptonite drill now that would RIP . Didnt you guys see a Kryptonite bullet exploded in supermans brain and he survive

#31 Posted by silverlord90 (221 posts) - - Show Bio

@jeanroygrant said:

Superman dies.

@OmegaDynasty said:

This

That

#32 Posted by HolySerpent (12519 posts) - - Show Bio

Superman survives with ease

#33 Posted by nickzambuto (13429 posts) - - Show Bio

If it's a Daxamite, Supes gets pwned.

#34 Posted by Nerx (15088 posts) - - Show Bio

@termiteone4ever: he is drilled continuously for the period of one whole year btw

#35 Edited by SlimJ87D (9701 posts) - - Show Bio

@CaptainRodgers:

The drill is a very special tool that is made to dig and extract through its flutes. It is very effective at cutting through material due to the small fine point being focused on a very tiny area millimeters in a square area.

That being said, what effects a drill bit the most (but not the least) is hardness, as long as it is harder than the material it is cutting through it will cut.

Assuming ideal feed rates (in RPMs) and the right technology, it all depends if Superman's skin and bone is tougher than adamantium.

#36 Posted by czarny_samael666 (17174 posts) - - Show Bio
@Nerx said:

@termiteone4ever: he is drilled continuously for the period of one whole year btw

What does it matter? Drill will broke when it will hit his head. Like Wolverine should be only able to scratch Colossus skin, but not to cut of his head, because he isn't strong enough to break his body in his hands. Similar here: drill's strength isn't great enough to break Superman, so it's "power" won't be much greater. Try to use normal drill on stone, sooner or later it should break.
#37 Posted by emperorznb (1673 posts) - - Show Bio

Still unsure but if a Daxamite was the one who is drilling then it might deal some significant damage to Supes...

#38 Posted by The Stegman (24017 posts) - - Show Bio

A Year?? with a Daxamite doing it, he won't survive an hour

#39 Posted by batkevin74 (10608 posts) - - Show Bio

@Nerx: It does depend on which side of the coin you like better but let's say that here in Comic Vine Admantium, Kryptonians & lightsabers are equal in toughness; I'd say Superman dies because mainly there's a being of great strength pressing down a thin, sharp point into Superman's brain. All that strength on a small focal point that has a razor sharp point.

RIP Superman, the victim of the Daxamite Driller

#40 Posted by Nerx (15088 posts) - - Show Bio

@czarny_samael666: Primary adamantium breaking agains't superman's face? are you listening to yourself talking dude?

#41 Posted by theguyyouwishyouwere (44 posts) - - Show Bio

@silverlord90 said:

@jeanroygrant said:

Superman dies.

@OmegaDynasty said:

This

That

I already sent in my RSVP

#42 Posted by EpitomeofCool (2779 posts) - - Show Bio

Superman dies.

#43 Posted by 0blivion_ (623 posts) - - Show Bio

@vuviper said:

When?

#44 Posted by OmegaDynasty (9190 posts) - - Show Bio
@theguyyouwishyouwere said:

@silverlord90 said:

@jeanroygrant said:

Superman dies.

@OmegaDynasty said:

This

That

I already sent in my RSVP

#45 Posted by spiderbuck (2452 posts) - - Show Bio

supe's is finished.

#46 Posted by Killemall (18559 posts) - - Show Bio

@czarny_samael666 said:

@Killemall said:

Why should it be PIS when it is something that has happened constantly. He has been able to make Gladiator bleed and has been able to hurt Trion Juggernaut, the latter is more durable than Superman. The very defination of Adamantium, according to marvel is a metal capable of cutting anything. Its not like Wolverine has ever been able not to cut through anything.

#47 Posted by czarny_samael666 (17174 posts) - - Show Bio
@Killemall said:

@czarny_samael666 said:

@Killemall said:

Why should it be PIS when it is something that has happened constantly. He has been able to make Gladiator bleed and has been able to hurt Trion Juggernaut, the latter is more durable than Superman. The very defination of Adamantium, according to marvel is a metal capable of cutting anything. Its not like Wolverine has ever been able not to cut through anything.

It doesn't matter how often it is happening. It is simply imposilbe or in other hand, it is a prove that Wolverine is easily 100 tonner. 

@Nerx said:

@czarny_samael666: Primary adamantium breaking agains't superman's face? are you listening to yourself talking dude?

Adamantium won't break. But drill will stop functioning.
#48 Posted by Killemall (18559 posts) - - Show Bio

@czarny_samael666 said:

It doesn't matter how often it is happening. It is simply imposilbe or in other hand, it is a prove that Wolverine is easily 100 tonner.

Firstly, i dont understand why you are trying to bring science into this because if something constantly happens in comics, we assume it would happen in the fight. Its like me saying Zoom should break his hand everytime he hits someone harder than FLT because of the impact, it doesnt happen doesnt mean he is durable enough to withstand that kind of impact.

So unless you have a good reason to the contrary i stand firm on my initial assessment, wolverine's history shows he has been able to hurt people as durable as superman with his adamantium and hence unless someone shows me an evidence to the contrary i see no reason why it wouldnt drill right through superman's face.

#49 Posted by Deranged Midget (17599 posts) - - Show Bio

People always hating on Superman...

#50 Posted by Kal'smahboi (3509 posts) - - Show Bio

Even if the drill bit doesn't break, the drill would.