• 90 results
Avatar image for flashgreatersigneveryone
FlashGreaterSignEveryone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

i wouldn't say quasar's constructs are more powerful iirc john trapped fernus with one of his constructs

reaverlation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#52  Edited By reaverlation

The scan where Hal tagged Zoom, Zoom in the previous panel just finished blitzing Superman and Wonder Woman so Zoom was still moving insanely fast.

John was said to be faster on the draw than Superman. Especially since it was Superman's own words and admittance.

Lanterns have insane reaction speeds. To say they don't is just ignorance on Lanterns in general

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@reaverlation

The scan where Hal tagged Zoom, Zoom in the previous panel just finished blitzing Superman and Wonder Woman so Zoom was still moving insanely fast.

John was said to be faster on the draw than Superman. Especially since it was Superman's own words and admittance.

Lanterns have insane reaction speeds. To say they don't is just ignorance on Lanterns in general

Agreed

Kingant27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Quasar has just superior feats, and brings more things to this fight.

I don't get why people are saying Kyle is getting underrated in this, he is fighting an uphill battle and would loose.

reaverlation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By reaverlation

@kingant27: Says the guy who doesn't know who's fighting in this battle lol

Sy8000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't get why people are saying Kyle is getting underrated in this, he is fighting an uphill battle and would loose.

Kyle? This is John. It's already been agreed that Kyle beats Quasar and I agree, but that's another debate.

It's mostly that people are giving all the advantages to Quasar and think John is out of his league. I personally put John and Quasar even shmeven.

Experio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By Experio

Quasar.

mysoulz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kingant27 said:

Kyle? This is John. It's already been agreed that Kyle beats Quasar and I agree, but that's another debate.

It's mostly that people are giving all the advantages to Quasar and think John is out of his league. I personally put John and Quasar even shmeven.

How do Kyle beat Quasar?

DaredevilDD78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Quasar

mr_gone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

going with quasar

Sy8000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By Sy8000

@mysoulz said:

@highaccuser said:

@kingant27 said:

How do Kyle beat Quasar?

A lot more raw power and he can't be drained.

Avatar image for czarny_samael666
czarny_samael666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@highaccuser:

1.He has infinite source of energy and has very different feats than them. I generally see him on whole different level than other lanterns, beside Alan.

2.Hal created this shield when Flash was talking to him. So he had at least as much time as it takes to say these words. Hal was clearly looking on Flash then.

3.You're not understanding that You can't tell how fast Zoom was in the moment and that omnidirectional attacks aren't showing of speed. Most of his chains missed, which proves the point about his tactic mind, not speed.

6.Handling speedsters =/= having their level of speed. Speedsters in comics are running in one direction and can't stop themselves, that is how they are dealt with, but it doesn't mean that Hulk/Gilgamesh/Adam is FTL. This is ABC logic and would mean that whoever was able to dodge their punches was as much FTL.

7.How do You know that Superman was speedblitzing at the moment? There is no sign of it on panel nor in his speech bubble.

8.They really don't. That is why they lose so often. It was pointed in front of Flash and he couldn't stop nor change his vector, which means that he fall to standard anti-speedster attack: shield.

You have just shown another example of that: Flash is again running on Hal's construct (BTW, this is only Hal's imagination). I have shown You Blue Marvel blocking King Hyperion, Gilgamesh Makkari, Hulk Quicksilver and Sentry and I can show You Thor smashing Hyperion with his hammer, etc. That is not the point. If You would be right, then speedsters would win every single fight OR every character in comics would be speedster. They would need to be.

czarny_samael666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mysoulz said:

@highaccuser said:

@kingant27 said:

How do Kyle beat Quasar?

A lot more raw power and he can't be drained.

Wouldn't matter - no Kyle's attack would do anything to Wendell. He can't be drained to nothing, which doesn't mean that Quasar can't feed on his energy and energy constructs. Kyle can't really answer with the same.

Sy8000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

czarny_samael666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sy8000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's Your call. I am intresting only if You will defend Thor's/Hulk's FTL reaction as well.

I won't because it doesn't exist seeing as street levelers usually run in circles around them, which is not the case for lanterns.

reaverlation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

(Sigh)...

czarny_samael666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By czarny_samael666

@czarny_samael666 said:

It's Your call. I am intresting only if You will defend Thor's/Hulk's FTL reaction as well.

I won't because it doesn't exist seeing as street levelers usually run in circles around them, which is not the case for lanterns.

Quicksilver nor Hyperion were running in circles. Nor was Makkari, when Gilgamesh stopped him.

Sy8000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@highaccuser said:

@czarny_samael666 said:

Quicksilver nor Hyperion were running in circles. Nor was Makkari, when Gilgamesh stopped him.

It's funny how Thor fans use the quicksilver feat as an example. All that shows is Thor can't tag him without using shockwaves that he can't outrun. All Hyperion did was bullrush him with a punch once and return to normal speeds after that. I guess Gilgamesh does have FTL reactions, but IDK why he's being brought up here.

TrionAce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Idk Quasar can and will drain the crap out of John Stewart's ring. Not a good idea to pit any lanterns against someone like Quasar or Surfer. Could go either way but ill take Quasar

czarny_samael666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@czarny_samael666 said:

@highaccuser said:

@czarny_samael666 said:

It's funny how Thor fans use the quicksilver feat as an example. All that shows is Thor can't tag him without using shockwaves that he can't outrun. All Hyperion did was bullrush him with a punch once and return to normal speeds after that. I guess Gilgamesh does have FTL reactions, but IDK why he's being brought up here.

Lol, man... You mixed two different characters. Hulk stopped speedblitzing Pietro, not Thor. Thor blocked Hyperion...

Gilgamesh doesn't have even slight speedster abilities, just superspeed all Eternals have. That is why he is brought here.

Sy8000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@highaccuser said:

@czarny_samael666 said:

@highaccuser said:

@czarny_samael666 said:

Lol, man... You mixed two different characters. Hulk stopped speedblitzing Pietro, not Thor. Thor blocked Hyperion...

Gilgamesh doesn't have even slight speedster abilities, just superspeed all Eternals have. That is why he is brought here.

Hulk used Thunder claps, which pietro cannot avoid. Thor only blocked Hyperion once he returned to normal speed.

Then I guess the natural superspeed of the eternals is enough. If it helps, Makkari hasn't been nearly as fast as he was when he outran Runner, and even then he was only moving at lightspeed.

czarny_samael666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@czarny_samael666 said:

Hulk used Thunder claps, which pietro cannot avoid. Thor only blocked Hyperion once he returned to normal speed.

Then I guess the natural superspeed of the eternals is enough. If it helps, Makkari hasn't been nearly as fast as he was when he outran Runner, and even then he was only moving at lightspeed.

Again: You're mixing feats:

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/8/80103/2057551-1678238_hulk_vs_qs_super.jpg

I disagree, but I can leave it at that, considering that Thor on his own actually has microsecond reaction speed.

Natural speed of Eternals is not enough. I have read almost all comics with Gilgamesh and most with Makkari - first isn't even close to mach speed, second is FTL.

It happens too often to call it PIS, it is simply CIS for these characters.

Hubris_exe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mysoulz: well, Kyle IS the white lantern. He can just make Quasar drop dead at will :P

All jokes aside: If this WERE Kyle,I could see his Classic ION incarnation taking it. But IDK about anything else...

Sy8000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@highaccuser said:

@czarny_samael666 said:

Again: You're mixing feats:

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/8/80103/2057551-1678238_hulk_vs_qs_super.jpg

I disagree, but I can leave it at that, considering that Thor on his own actually has microsecond reaction speed.

Natural speed of Eternals is not enough. I have read almost all comics with Gilgamesh and most with Makkari - first isn't even close to mach speed, second is FTL.

It happens too often to call it PIS, it is simply CIS for these characters.

Hm. Doesn't change my stance. Ghostravage has made a case for Hulks speed before.

Microsecond if you look at his very, very highest showings and not when street levelers run in circles around him. Even then, he's a 1000 times slower than the many DC characters with nanosecond reaction time.

Makkari hasn't been FTL since he beat Runner from what I know. I suppose that's a low showing for one and a high showing for the other.

No it's not. Speedsters NEED to be able to react at the speeds they're moving. When Wally was scanning half a million faces in a pictosecond he was reacting at that speed. When Jay and Rival were fighting across the globe they were reacting at that speed. I don't know where you get the unfounded and incorrect idea that they don't.

mysoulz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76  Edited By mysoulz

Looks like Quasar wins. John may be more efficient in using imaginative constructs, but I don't see him effectively utilizing his capabilities if his ring is being drained. Lantern's power rings already had been getting depleted against Manhunters, Alpha lanterns, Agent Orange and so on. And Kyle's ring has been fully depleted at least twice (after Kyle stating he made some adjustments to it) and there were other occasions where Kyle's ring were being drained by his opponents, which will be no different from John. It's going to be hard for me to make a case for someone that has a limited source of energy against someone's energy that's nearly unlimited, comparable speed, great strength and similar replica abilities that power rings do.

@hubris_exe said:

@mysoulz: well, Kyle IS the white lantern. He can just make Quasar drop dead at will :P

All jokes aside: If this WERE Kyle,I could see his Classic ION incarnation taking it. But IDK about anything else...

Yea classic ION is a whole different story.

czarny_samael666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@highaccuser:

1.But not on this level, if we would go by YOur logic. QS is FTL - Hulk isn't.

2.Microsecond reaction isn't above his limits, he simply don't do that. The same with others. If we would go by every similar battle, we would have to say that almost every hero has it.

3.When Makkari was depowered? It is also not a low showing, it is common logic in comics, that is why we see it so often. Runners/flyers in top speed can be predicted and it is a way to take them down. Besides - by the sam logic I could say, that Flash running to wall of green energy is also a low showing. It is CIS, that almost all speedsters has. It is stupid, I know, but writers makes them in that way, so they wouldn't be the most powerfull foes for everyone. I am not saying that they can't react that fast in certain situation, but they don't in most fights. If they wouldn't, they would take out almost every villain that stands agaisnt JLA/Avengers/X-Men/TT.

MasterKungFu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 11

John

Darkgenex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Quasar.

Sy8000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@highaccuser:

1.But not on this level, if we would go by YOur logic. QS is FTL - Hulk isn't.

2.Microsecond reaction isn't above his limits, he simply don't do that. The same with others. If we would go by every similar battle, we would have to say that almost every hero has it.

3.When Makkari was depowered? It is also not a low showing, it is common logic in comics, that is why we see it so often. Runners/flyers in top speed can be predicted and it is a way to take them down. Besides - by the sam logic I could say, that Flash running to wall of green energy is also a low showing. It is CIS, that almost all speedsters has. It is stupid, I know, but writers makes them in that way, so they wouldn't be the most powerfull foes for everyone. I am not saying that they can't react that fast in certain situation, but they don't in most fights. If they wouldn't, they would take out almost every villain that stands agaisnt JLA/Avengers/X-Men/TT.

1. But Hulk clearly has mach speed reactions.

2. I have no clue what you're saying here.

3. I mean he'd been weakened since his classic days, or so I hear.

It's not CIS, it's not PIS, it's not anything. You're completely grasping for straws here. Lanterns tagging Flash by definition isn't a low showing because we know they have FTL reactions due to consistency. Also, "predicting their moves" is not what happened in most examples you've given.

czarny_samael666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@highaccuser:

1.I doubt about mach speed, but even then: not light speed.

2.I am saying that microsecond reaction isn't above Thor's limits. Thor just don't use it which is CIS.

3.Never seen anything suggesting that. Nor even opinion like that. Around time, when he lost in this race won by someone very similar to Barry Allen.

You're posting Lanterns tagging Flash, to prove that they are FTL. But tagging fast people isn't showing of speed. It simply isn't, becuase other characters did that as well. So You can't then say that they are FTL "because we know they have FTL reactions". Lol man, You just said that we know something, because... we know something, even while it would mean that almost ALL characters in comics are FTL. They're not. Tagging Flash doesn't prove it. They didn't exchange punches at FTL speeds nor used their power with nanosecond reaction speed. THESE would be that proves. Do You really want ever Hulk/Colossus/Magneto/ fan (and every other character that ever putted down a speedster like Gladiator, Quicksilver, Makkari or Hyperion) to say that their character is FTL? Do You know what it would cause?

Avatar image for deactivated-5dace575ce059
deactivated-5dace575ce059

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

How can you prefer Hal & Rayner before Stewart? Madness!

kidman560

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 27

@highaccuser:

2.I am saying that microsecond reaction isn't above Thor's limits. Thor just don't use it which is CIS.

3.Never seen anything suggesting that. Nor even opinion like that. Around time, when he lost in this race won by someone very similar to Barry Allen.

You're posting Lanterns tagging Flash, to prove that they are FTL. But tagging fast people isn't showing of speed. It simply isn't, becuase other characters did that as well. So You can't then say that they are FTL "because we know they have FTL reactions". Lol man, You just said that we know something, because... we know something, even while it would mean that almost ALL characters in comics are FTL. They're not. Tagging Flash doesn't prove it. They didn't exchange punches at FTL speeds nor used their power with nanosecond reaction speed. THESE would be that proves. Do You really want ever Hulk/Colossus/Magneto/ fan (and every other character that ever putted down a speedster like Gladiator, Quicksilver, Makkari or Hyperion) to say that their character is FTL? Do You know what it would cause?

but but but Magneto does move FTL because we know it

NimaMindTricks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Didn't Dr. Light drain or manipulate the light energy of a GL ring?

Quasar gets my vote.

Ultragreenboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85  Edited By Ultragreenboy

John

Sy8000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@highaccuser:

1. Actually Hulk was able to throw an object so fast it knocked silver surfer off course when he was going at high speeds. But Hulk is not relevant here.
  2. I doubt it. I just honestly think the instances where Mongoose, Wolverine and Spider-Man blitz Thor are legit. Besides, a writer once flat out stated Thor can't throw punches at super speed.

We can argue about all this crap forever. I'm just going to post this to end the discussion:

"Green Lantern's speed is only limited by his will-and it is mere nano-seconds before..."

Kingant27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Quasar

czarny_samael666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kidman560:

:-D

@highaccuser:

1.He is. Writers usual style matters, because it makes rules and creates character's way of using their powers.

2.And others shown he can and his creator also made him doing it. CIS. Not something that isn't known for Thor, after all. Different writers wanted to use different powers for him. Some used his strength (Stan Lee), some Mjolnir abilities (DeFalco), others anti-force blasts (Jurgens) or power of his lightning (Bendis). He rarely used most of his abilities in the same series, mostly in minis, like The Astonishing Thor, last Mighty Thor's annual or Thor:The Deviants Saga. But it doesn't mean that he lost any of these powers. Only power he lost is time manipulation. 3.You're using flying speed there. I can show You Thor flying FTL and catching Red Hulk without killing him near black hole (which means that he had to slow down to not kill him and instantly start flying FTL again to not be affected by black hole). Flying is different.

Sy8000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@czarny_samael666:

@kidman560:

:-D

@highaccuser:

1.He is. Writers usual style matters, because it makes rules and creates character's way of using their powers.

2.And others shown he can and his creator also made him doing it. CIS. Not something that isn't known for Thor, after all. Different writers wanted to use different powers for him. Some used his strength (Stan Lee), some Mjolnir abilities (DeFalco), others anti-force blasts (Jurgens) or power of his lightning (Bendis). He rarely used most of his abilities in the same series, mostly in minis, like The Astonishing Thor, last Mighty Thor's annual or Thor:The Deviants Saga. But it doesn't mean that he lost any of these powers. Only power he lost is time manipulation. 3.You're using flying speed there. I can show You Thor flying FTL and catching Red Hulk without killing him near black hole (which means that he had to slow down to not kill him and instantly start flying FTL again to not be affected by black hole). Flying is different.

1. Not sure what you're talking about here.
  2. If a more recent Thor writer says he doesn't have super speed, he doesn't have super speed. Thor has changed quite a bit since his classic days.
cdiddyman911

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

I'll back Quasar against all lanterns except Kyle were it's like 50/50 IMO. But Quasar should just drain John.