• Standard gear.

Who wins?

Floopay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

I've always sided with Quasar in the Lantern Battles, and I will again here.

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

Sy8000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

@floopay said:

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

Why? Tell me it's not draining. It's been established Lanterns can resist that with draining of their own.

Avatar image for czarny_samael666
czarny_samael666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@floopay said:

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

Why? Tell me it's not draining. It's been established Lanterns can resist that with draining of their own.

From someone like Quasar? Someone who used star to punch Watcher and was able to charge QB enough to give Ronan enough power to manipulate a star?

I would also like to see this resisting feats. Unless these guys weren't ealier drainning someone like Silver Surfer (Quasar did that), it has no value against Wendell.

Floopay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@highaccuser said:

@floopay said:

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

From someone like Quasar? Someone who used star to punch Watcher and was able to charge QB enough to give Ronan enough power to manipulate a star?

I would also like to see this resisting feats. Unless these guys weren't ealier drainning someone like Silver Surfer (Quasar did that), it has no value against Wendell.

Lanterns didn't resist well against Agent Orange, whose constructs were draining their constructs with absolute ease.

To top it off, Quasar is still faster, stronger, more durable, has a more limitless supply of energy, and is far more versatile.

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

thedailybagel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 thedailybagel  Moderator

Quasar

czarny_samael666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

kidman560

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 27

Quasar

boschePG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

@highaccuser: Quasar has shown more feats of higher end energy manip and feats

Avatar image for wavemotioncannon
WaveMotionCannon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Posted by czarny_samael666 (16834 posts) - 20 minutes, 9 seconds ago - Show Bio

@highaccuser said:

@floopay said:

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

^^^ THIS

SuperTroll

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Stewart.

Sy8000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@floopay: @wavemotioncannon: @boschepg: @czarny_samael666: a rookie GL drained a mind controlled Kyle dry in seconds, and in a canons crossover Kyle drained surfer of his power completely and later drained parallax when he had the whole GLCs power. Not to mention that quasar couldn't completely drain surfer when they fought and considering john has planetary+ feats I'd say his raw power is comparable to surfer. Also, draining the ring from 100 percent to 0 takes time.

I disagree with the notion that quasar is faster. John has great showings against Wally west and quasar is only around nanoseconds. I agree that quasar is more verse, but only because john doesn't use his versatility well. I'd say they're equals in durability if we're talking about constructs.

Anyhow, I don't know who wins. I consider them stark equal all things considered.

Avatar image for cosmicallyaware1
cosmicallyaware1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 46

rpottage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

John Stewart knocks Quasar out by blowing up a planet.

Avatar image for New_World_Order
New_World_Order

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Quasar is just the superior.

Avatar image for New_World_Order
New_World_Order

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rpottage said:

John Stewart knocks Quasar out by blowing up a planet.

Quasar can just drain the energy before it hits the planet or just put a construct around himself.

czarny_samael666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By czarny_samael666

@highaccuser:

1.Crossover aren't canon for Marvel characters. Even they are for DC, these are some alternative versions of 616's characters.

2.One Lantern drainning other doesn't support Your point. It supports our, becuase it means that even Rayner's energy could be drained by rookie Lantern. It tells us few things about their own energy drainning or rather relations between rings than ability to resist drainning.

3.Quasar didn't want to completly drain Surfer, becuase he understood that he was champion of wrong side. To that moment, Surfer was losing his energy.

4.Quasar almost instantly drained Jack of Hearts who to my memory has star level feat in his solo series. And even when drainning ring takes time, it means that Wendell's shields will get stronger.

5.You're suggesting that John is above nanoseconds? Lanterns on their own doesn't have super-reaction, they can command their rings to do some very fast actions, which is different. Also, You would need prove, that ring reacted to Wally when he was actually using nanos+ reflex.

6.John may have better constructs when it comes to large objects, but his constructs and shields surviving few planet busters coming striking it along with group class 100 or 100+? I have never seen him doing it and I have read dozens comics with Lanterns.

Floopay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@floopay: @wavemotioncannon: @boschepg: @czarny_samael666: a rookie GL drained a mind controlled Kyle dry in seconds, and in a canons crossover Kyle drained surfer of his power completely and later drained parallax when he had the whole GLCs power. Not to mention that quasar couldn't completely drain surfer when they fought and considering john has planetary+ feats I'd say his raw power is comparable to surfer. Also, draining the ring from 100 percent to 0 takes time.

I disagree with the notion that quasar is faster. John has great showings against Wally west and quasar is only around nanoseconds. I agree that quasar is more verse, but only because john doesn't use his versatility well. I'd say they're equals in durability if we're talking about constructs.

Anyhow, I don't know who wins. I consider them stark equal all things considered.

Quasar's constructs can cushion the blows from Galactus and take an assault from the entire Avengers Roster. Plus they have taken attacks that would shatter Earth to billions of pieces.

Plus, at his base, he can take planetary level hits, without his constructs. So overall, durability easily goes to Quasar.

Quasar has shown the ability to react to Makkari who was FTL, and can move/react at FTL speeds himself. On panel.

Plus he can take energy attacks and fling them back at their wielders at equal or greater powers. So there's that advantage.

To top it off Quasar can teleport, become a being of Quantum Energy, and can create shields specifically designed to protect him against certain wavelengths of energy. So even if we assume he can't drain a GL (which he can), he can still become nigh-impervious to their attacks.

Quasar is Marvel's top energy manipulator at his level.

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

Floopay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@highaccuser:

1.Crossover aren't canon for Marvel characters. Even they are for DC, these are some alternative versions of 616's characters.

2.One Lantern drainning other doesn't support Your point. It supports our, becuase it means that even Rayner's energy could be drained by rookie Lantern. It tells us few things about their own energy drainning or rather relations between rings than ability to resist drainning.

3.Quasar didn't want to completly drain Surfer, becuase he understood that he was champion of wrong side. To that moment, Surfer was losing his energy.

4.Quasar almost instantly drained Jack of Hearts who to my memory has star level feat in his solo series. And even when drainning ring takes time, it means that Wendell's shields will get stronger.

5.You're suggesting that John is above nanoseconds? Lanterns on their own doesn't have super-reaction, they can command their rings to do some very fast actions, which is different. Also, You would need prove, that ring reacted to Wally when he was actually using nanos+ reflex.

6.John may have better constructs when it comes to large objects, but his constructs and shields surviving few planet busters coming striking it along with group class 100 or 100+? I have never seen him doing it and I have read dozens comics with Lanterns.

He can instantly absorb any energy directed at him. This has been shown against multiple opponents, including Terminus and Thanos:

As for speed. Quasar/Surfer/BRB were stated that a single millisecond felt as if it was hours to them, when they were pushing their limits. He has the nanosecond feat, and he's moved hundreds of thousands of miles in the blink of an eye (0.1-0.2 seconds) by flying. This puts him in the FTL speed category.

Quasar can actually make VERY large constructs. He created a shield that was larger than the Earth itself, and was designed to keep out miniature black holes that were going to destroy the planet. He can also handle multiple Quasar-like characters simultaneously with constructs, and can instantaneously transform his constructs into something different (turns his shield into an omnidirectional barrage of projectiles):

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

reaverlation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dondave surprised you haven't commented on this

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By dondave

@reaverlation Never really cared for John so I never bothered to become competent on him.

reaverlation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dondave: I felt the same as well. More Hal and Kyle for you right?

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Floopay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Floopay

@dondave said:

@reaverlation Hal more so than Kyle but yeah.

The only Lantern I ever truly "liked" was Larfleeze. The original Agent Orange series was just awesome.

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@floopay His recent ongoing was awesome.

reaverlation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@floopay: Kyle is my favorite. How good is his current series if you're reading it?

Sy8000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@czarny_samael666: @floopay: I'd respond but...it is a thread I made so I can't look too biased. I just think John is getting massively undersold here given his high end feats are every bit a match for Quasars.

Floopay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@floopay: Kyle is my favorite. How good is his current series if you're reading it?

I don't read much Marvel/DC these days. I only know his original series, and a little of him in Blackest Night. I might look into it though.

I was gonna pick up the new Creeper, but everyone says it's terrible. Which is a shame, because he was easily my favorite DC character.

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

Sy8000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@czarny_samael666: And lanterns do have enhanced reactions. I have no clue why you think otherwise, but Hal, Kyle and John all have FTL reaction feats.

reaverlation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@floopay: I feel you.I would read things other than Marvel/DC but it's just hard for me to read other things.Funny how I just read Blackest Night again

That sucks for you dude.Hopefully it gets better

Floopay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@highaccuser: The problem is Quasar is going up against someone who has a limited supply of energy, and Quasar himself has a near limitless supply of energy. To top it off, he can drain any energy that's not magic or darkforce. Seeing as Lantern energy falls under a new and unique portion of the Electromagnetic scale (much like Power Cosmic, and Phoenix's Astral attacks). Which means Quasar can, definitively, drain it.

It also means Quasar can absorb any attack thrown his direction, can make himself all but immune to it, and can manipulate it on some level.

To top this off, Quasar has shown far more versatility, and is an extremely well trained martial artist. In close range combat, he should win (as John doesn't have much in the way of martial arts training as far as I know). In a construct battle, he is simply outclassed and outmaneuvered (Quasar can make living constructs, different objects with different consistencies, programmed constructs, and etc.). In a physical match he doesn't have the speed, strength, durability, or combat sense to fight Quasar. In terms of power comparison, Quasar can literally do anything John can, plus he can teleport, become intangible, and etc.

In terms of intelligence, again, Quasar has won a good portions of his battles through sheer cunning, and manpiulation. To top it off, he has cosmic awareness to grant him additional knowledge on opponents. Plus he's shown the ability to tap into energy sources, reprogram his quantum bands for a variety of effects, and etc.

And in terms of versatility, again, Quasar wins. He's immune to telepathy, can teleport, can cross dimensional borders, absorb energy, create energy, create armor/weapons for himself and others, become a being of energy, and so much more.

As stated earlier. He is the best energy manipulator at his power level.

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

Sy8000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@floopay: Look, I can't comment here and I didn't want you to comment on me.

I just think you're really, really underestimating John.

Floopay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Floopay

@floopay: I feel you.I would read things other than Marvel/DC but it's just hard for me to read other things.Funny how I just read Blackest Night again

That sucks for you dude.Hopefully it gets better

I've been reading the new Valiant series. Just finishing Shadowman now, have Harbinger coming in the mail, and have X-O Manowar coming as well.

Hopefully by then end of the week I'll have the three series finished and can move onto some others.

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

Floopay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@floopay: Look, I can't comment here and I didn't want you to comment on me.

I just think you're really, really underestimating John.

We'll see if anyone else agrees with that statement. But as for Quasar, I'm just getting started. ;-P

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

czarny_samael666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@czarny_samael666: And lanterns do have enhanced reactions. I have no clue why you think otherwise, but Hal, Kyle and John all have FTL reaction feats.

Based on? I have seen Hal and John commanding thier rings to do something very fast, but doing it by themselves? John was speedblitzed by Supergirl and lost his ring for example.

I know that people often bring Hal's fight with Zoom, but there is a difference since he used many chains and most of them missed.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

@dondave said:

@reaverlation Never really cared for John so I never bothered to become competent on him.

Same for me too. I'm more of an expert on Hal and Kyle too hence why I haven't commented yet. But Quasar seems to have the better feats and showings based on what Floopay has provided so he's the most likely candidate for winning here.

thanosii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Quaser is a tier above any unmped lantern

DwightSpitz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

How can you prefer Hal & Rayner before Stewart? Madness!

Sy8000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@highaccuser said:

Based on? I have seen Hal and John commanding thier rings to do something very fast, but doing it by themselves? John was speedblitzed by Supergirl and lost his ring for example.

I know that people often bring Hal's fight with Zoom, but there is a difference since he used many chains and most of them missed.

"Commanding their rings"? The hell does that mean? The Supergirl incident was written by Loeb.

Nanosecond reaction feats for lanterns:

1. Kyle stops a ship moving at 7 times the speed of light.
  2. Hal tags professor Zoom 3 times when they fought.
  3. Hal tags Zoom.
  4. Alan keeps up with Jays reactions.
  5. Alan easily beats a speedster.
  6. John beats Wally off-panel.
  7. John stops a blitzing Superman with Clark noting he's faster to the draw than Wally.
  8. John stops Kid Amazo when he was moving faster than Wally.

And it was never stated they had to "command their rings" Or crap like that.

czarny_samael666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@highaccuser:

They command their rings to do something, for example to place auto-shield against telepathy or to track something.

1.I know the scan, Kyle is different than other lanterns.

2.I don't recall that, do You have scans?

3.You mean scans in which he catches him in chains? He used many chains and one hitted. It isn't a feat of reaction, it was rather attack sedn on many directions.

4.Alan isn't normal lantern, he even uses different source of power.

5.As above.

6.Off panel as You say. Besides beating speedster isn't a feat on its own. A specially showing speed.

7.Scan?

8.As above.

Sy8000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@highaccuser:

They command their rings to do something, for example to place auto-shield against telepathy or to track something.

1.I know the scan, Kyle is different than other lanterns.

2.I don't recall that, do You have scans?

3.You mean scans in which he catches him in chains? He used many chains and one hitted. It isn't a feat of reaction, it was rather attack sedn on many directions.

4.Alan isn't normal lantern, he even uses different source of power.

5.As above.

6.Off panel as You say. Besides beating speedster isn't a feat on its own. A specially showing speed.

7.Scan?

8.As above.

1. No he isn't. Not then anyway.

2.Yes.

That's thwane disguised as Barry.

3. Um...no, it's a feat of him tagging an object moving at that speed. And none of the chains missed.

4-5. You never specified which Lanterns. Besides, Alans reaction time is probably the weakest of all Lanterns.

6. I think it implies a good degree of speed.

Handily reacting faster than someone with nanosecond reactions certainly puts him in the nanosecond range.

There's also the time when Hal tagged a parallax possessed Barry.

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#43 vance_astro  Moderator

John Stewart.

juiceboks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 juiceboks  Moderator

John is being very much underrated here. Though I would side with Wendell for a majority, John is skilled and powerful enough to make him work for it.

Quickfingers26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By Quickfingers26

Quasar

czarny_samael666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@highaccuser:

1.For example he had infinite energy in his ring. His ring was made differently. Kyle's and Alan's rings are different + each lantern should be judged indyvidually (but I remember how this started, no problem).

2.And what is impressive there? Flash went on Hal's shield and crashed.

3."None of the chains missed":

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/9/93477/2098244-2097403_zoom_gets_tagged.jpg

Only one hit.

4./5.Ok, in a way You're right, but we both know that they have different rings

6.It doesn't say anything actually. Hulk stopped Quicksilver with one slap. Gilgamesh blocked Makkari. Black Adam and Despero predicted Flash move. More: we know that speedsters were blasted, stopped with shields, catched by omni-attacks, etc. You can't say how Flash was stopped and non-speedsters catches speedsters through move I have mentioned.

7.? He waited to moment when they will stop moving. You have on panel words that they weren't moving, what is there to even talk about?

8.He didn't catch him. He created a barrier that was existing at the same frequency as Flash, that is why he was affected.

Sy8000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By Sy8000

@czarny_samael666:

1. None of this shows he has more power or reaction speed.
  2. The hell? It's very impressive. I have no clue what you're saying.
  3. True, but that changes absolutely nothing at all and I fail to see how it does.
  4. /
  5. Doesn't change anything. His reaction feats are sub par in comparision to other lanterns.
  6. Those are just really good feats for the characters who performed them.
  7. He waited AFTER John trapped him. Before he was going at Wally with full force.
  8. Not true, and it doesn't matter. He still needed the reaction speed to get it in front of him in time.
czarny_samael666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@highaccuser:

1.Different power source makes him different than others.

2.Nothing is impressive in running on green wall and taking damage from impact. Hal didn't manage to keep up with him, Flash simply ran with statue on Hal and crashed on his shields.

3.It changes everything - Hal used semi-omnidirectional attack and one of them hitted the target. It isn't a showing of reflex, but one of tactic. It shows that Hal can create a good tactic against another type of enemy.

5.Doesn't matter if he is similar in some ways, he is still different.

6.Their not, they are not speedsters. They never were and they don't use that level of speed.

7.Ok, I thought first time that it is John saying that. Yet, where it is said that Superman is using his speed there? Why Hawkman had enough to time to get in air and start attack? Fighting with fast people doesn't prove reflex, unless we have clear evidnece to what degree they used their speed. Sentry fought with Hulk, Glaidator with Thor, Superman with Mongul, WW with Doomsday, Supergirl with Darkseid, Hyperion with High Evo - none of the second ones have similar reflex/speed to first ones.

8.He created a wall and Flash ran into it. Where is there a reflex feat?

Sy8000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@czarny_samael666:

1. He doesn't have a different power source.

2. And Hal had to make the construct in time. What are you not understanding about that?

3. And you assume Zoom just stood there and let it hit him? And the attack wasn't omnidirectional.

6. They clearly have the speed to handle speedsters.

7.Superman had just blitzed J'onn into a teleporter, and he clearly went fast against Wally. Hawkman had time because he waited.

8. Kid Amazo(who's much faster than Flash mind you) could not react to the walls creation fast enough, which proves it was made at incredible speeds. Speedsters can react at the speeds they're moving you understand. That's why getting a wall in front one is so damn impressive.

Also this:

thedailybagel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 thedailybagel  Moderator

Quasar