#1 Posted by WillPayton (9035 posts) - - Show Bio

John Stewart vs Kyle Rayner

.vs.

Random encounter. Both pre-52, standard versions (no ION, etc), bloodlusted, win by KO or death.

Who wins? Please give reasons and feats/scans if possible.

#2 Posted by Dredeuced (5287 posts) - - Show Bio

Pre-52 and New-52 GLs are the same characters, IIRC. Kyle's done more impressive things than John, so I'm going to go with Kyle.

#3 Posted by rpottage (839 posts) - - Show Bio

@Dredeuced said:

Pre-52 and New-52 GLs are the same characters, IIRC. Kyle's done more impressive things than John, so I'm going to go with Kyle.

Actually Kyle's different in New-52. His ring is actually capable of the entire spectrum; so he can manipulate the various constructs depending on his mood, not just the Green Will-Power.

For Pre-52 I'm going to go with John. He's the faster flyer, has more experience I believe, his constructs tend to be the strongest because of their complex inner workings (rather than being hollow), and he has the best for actual combat training; so I think he can take it.

#4 Posted by theDCkid (874 posts) - - Show Bio

I say kyle wins, just my opinion.

#5 Posted by ULTRAstarkiller (5750 posts) - - Show Bio

I thing john for this fight

#6 Posted by Nightflash (713 posts) - - Show Bio

Kyle should win his imagination is far better than most GLs and his willpower too.

#7 Posted by lilben42 (2487 posts) - - Show Bio

John. His military training and better constructs I think will give him the win.

#8 Edited by Vaeternus (9372 posts) - - Show Bio

Kyle murks John based off feats and will power alone...

#9 Posted by WillPayton (9035 posts) - - Show Bio

Anyone have scans of Kyle's best feats, without ION powers of course?

#10 Posted by spinningbirdcake (1430 posts) - - Show Bio

John because of his military background. He seems like he's the most efficient lantern of them all. Practical constructions. Black power.

#11 Posted by JohnnyGat (1561 posts) - - Show Bio

Depends Kyle has creativity and better potential but in terms of actual combat training John has more experience. I'd have to go with John on this one.

#12 Posted by drgnx (3547 posts) - - Show Bio

@JohnnyGat said:

Depends Kyle has creativity and better potential but in terms of actual combat training John has more experience. I'd have to go with John on this one.

Agreed, John and Guy seem to be more about will-power (unstoppable force and immovable object respectively) while Kyle seems to be more about imagination.

#13 Posted by shroudofsorrow (3153 posts) - - Show Bio

You know, Pre New 52 these two fought evenly while bloodlusted.

Just saying.

#14 Posted by JohnnyGat (1561 posts) - - Show Bio

@drgnx said:

@JohnnyGat said:

Agreed, John and Guy seem to be more about will-power (unstoppable force and immovable object respectively) while Kyle seems to be more about imagination.

That's the base of my reasoning too, I mean I'm not saying that Kyle can't win, creatively shaping your tool is a major advantage in its own right. But I mean especially since they're both bloodlusted one thing from my days in the army has taught me is that some of the combat things they taught me had become more like reflexes it became a part of me so I feel that even when bloodlusted John would have the advantage.

#15 Posted by JamesKM716 (1992 posts) - - Show Bio

Rayner

#16 Posted by mysoulz (259 posts) - - Show Bio

John Stewart

#17 Posted by Epicbeast3000 (956 posts) - - Show Bio

kYLE STOMPS

#18 Posted by Franchise1590 (297 posts) - - Show Bio

John Stewart

'Don't underestimate serious combat experience, it's a game changer. Plus John has as much willpower as any of the top tier lanterns just less stories written about him because of politics.

#19 Edited by spiderbuck (2414 posts) - - Show Bio

John Stewart, combat experience is the game changer here. New 52 Kyle would win easily though.

#20 Posted by Saren (25217 posts) - - Show Bio

They already fought and Kyle dominated Stewart. End of story. I have no idea why you people are pretending John's "combat experience" is going to make a difference.

#21 Posted by TDK_1997 (14418 posts) - - Show Bio

Kyle will take him out.

#22 Edited by drgnx (3547 posts) - - Show Bio

@JohnnyGat said:

@drgnx said:

@JohnnyGat said:

That's the base of my reasoning too, I mean I'm not saying that Kyle can't win, creatively shaping your tool is a major advantage in its own right. But I mean especially since they're both bloodlusted one thing from my days in the army has taught me is that some of the combat things they taught me had become more like reflexes it became a part of me so I feel that even when bloodlusted John would have the advantage.

Yeah, I'm thinking the recent events support Kyle being more about imagination, and less willpower since he mastered them all, in the sense that willpower is not his trademark for lack of a better term. It is complicated though as other lanterns have had other rings too, but that seems like it was in the sense of giving into another emotion and channelling that emotion more than imagination, granted it is hard tell sometimes.

#23 Posted by ShadowHuntR (389 posts) - - Show Bio

There's actually a reason why Kyle is the Torch Bearer after all... and part of the Honor Guards.

#24 Edited by Batman242 (4860 posts) - - Show Bio

I say Kyle for obvious reasons.

.....or not so obvious.

#25 Posted by Vaeternus (9372 posts) - - Show Bio

@Batman242 said:

I say Kyle for obvious reasons.

.....or not so obvious.