JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 16

#101  Edited By JediXMan  Moderator

Hal should win.

PS: How did this turn into Superman vs Wonder Woman?

Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#102  Edited By Static Shock

@Zoom: All I'm saying is that here are better examples to use than that. Wonder Woman isn't even that weak, anymore.

The story still being canon doesn't take away from the fact that Wonder Woman, at the time, was weaker than she was during Post-Crisis continuity.

Zoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#103  Edited By Zoom
@JediXMan said:
"Hal should win.PS: How did this turn into Superman vs Wonder Woman? "

"Screw the OP.  I have been things to talk about."
velle37

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#104  Edited By velle37

@Zoom said:

" @Silver2467 said:
" @Zoom said:
" Superman is the 2nd fastest Justice Leaguer, the 2nd smartest, the strongest and the toughest.

He can take out the Manhunter from Mars by looking at him. Green Lanterns can't keep up with him. Wonder Woman is a decent fight for him but he frankly outmuscles her by a significant margin considering she's hurt herself punching characters that Superman has punched into unconsciousness. The only member of the Justice League that beats Superman more often than not one on one would be the Flash, who is significantly less durable than Superman to the point where Superman can easily beat the Flash via ambush.

If he clocks the Flash and blasts the Manhunter in the initial attack, then he's only got to beat Wonder Woman and Green Lantern, which I think he can do a little more often than not.

I don't see any of the other Justice Leaguers taking out Superman and the Flash before the other reacts and I don't see any of them beating Superman or the Flash one on one once they realize they're in a fight. I honestly don't think a Green Lantern can beat Superman even if they get the jump on him. Poke him in the eyes? He's still got super hearing and in a well written story where he isn't amped by Parallax, John would learn the hard way how well his constructs hold up against a guy who can pull the moon moving at the speed of light.

"
The Manhunter can just phase through his heat vision (he has done this before), can match power output on his heat vision (he has done this before too), and can withstand it (Martians have done this before as well). J'onn has matched Superman's combat speed before, has shown FTL travel speed, and has comparable reaction feats. Superman is not much faster, and the Martian can one-shot him by phasing through him (Fernus beat him this way, and J'onn has one-shotted Kryptonian-class characters this way before also). He could also just wreck Superman telepathically (he has done this as well, as have other Martians), use his shape shifting to beat him physically (done this), and combine several other powers to beat him. As well, J'onn has already proven able to handle punches from Superman and characters stronger than him while also trading punches with them and demonstrating similar strength feats (lifting ice caps, throwing colossal ships, helping to move the moon, helping to move the earth, etc.). Like I said, Lanterns have shown the reaction time to contend with Superman. They also have greater durability via shields, far more versatility, and superior destructive capacity. As for moving celestial bodies, Lanterns have done that as well. Numerous times. There is also the matter of Kyle generating a shield that contained Ultraman for hours, as an example, and Lanterns have fared well against Superman before, as I mentioned above. Wonder Woman is not that much weaker than Superman is. He has better strength feats, sure, but hers are comparable (she has aided in moving the moon twice and helped move the earth). As for durability, he is more resilient against energy attacks but not so much in blunt force trauma."
The point was that Superman could take out the Martian before they knew they were fighting. Green Lanterns do not have reaction time to contend with Superman. Not even close. Wonder Woman is significantly weaker than Superman to the point where a Green Lantern cannot make up the difference in a fight between the two."

It doesn't matter if a human doesn't have the reaction time of a Kryptonian..........

No Caption Provided

He can set his ring to do that for him........................

@Zoom said:

"@Velle Perhaps I'm misremembering. Were Hal's powers internalized? Because before Parallax was a giant space bug, the power was all Hal's. I still don't see how Green Lantern is supposed to beat the Flash (when he's gotta worry about Superman, Wonder Woman and Zatanna). Flash wasn't caught off guard. John flew after him and shot at him and when it cut back to John, Wally was down. I just don't buy it. It doesn't fit with the previously established trend of the weakest Flashes stomping people that are around John's power level. Parallax was influencing John but it's still very obvious to me that he was amped. I don't see any member of the Justice League soloing the rest of the League save Superman and the Flash. Martian Manhunter, Wonder Woman and Green Lantern are powerful people and they could probably take out any one member of the League by sucker punching them but I don't see any of them capable of beating Superman or the Flash in a straight fight and unless you can take down Superman and the Flash at the same time, if you attack them together, you're gonna have to beat at least one of them."

Parallax's powers were always internalized in Hal, he's never had rings...

I have the issues (48, 49 50) at home, where Hal flies to Oa defeating every GL in his path, beating Kilowog, killing Sinestro, then killing Kilowog, going inside the battery absorbing it's power, coming out and crushing his old ring........................

I guess we'll just have to agree to disagree about GL beating the JLA, despite that there is no evid3ence of John or anyone else being influenced by Parallax, being amped.....

velle37

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#105  Edited By velle37

@Zoom

If anything GLs are weaker in this state, since tIf anything GLs are weaker in this state, since they are susceptible to yellow again.............

(sorry about the continuous reply, computer was acting up)

Zoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#106  Edited By Zoom

I'm interested to see if any GLs have actually used that power as opposed to just saying they're using it.

Because in actual battles between Lanterns and speedsters, Lanterns don't do so hot.

Also, Emerald Twilight was a really bad story.  It started out cool with Hal trying to will Coast City back into existence but quickly spiraled downward as Hal went crazy and killed everything in sight for the purpose of changing the title hero.  It's every worse now that the entire thing is a big space bug and most of the characters that Hal kills aren't really dead, etc.
Silver2467

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#107  Edited By Silver2467
@Zoom said:

The point was that Superman could take out the Martian before they knew they were fighting.

That would only be possible if this was an ambush, and on top of having super senses (9 of them besides his sight), J'onn has said it is difficult to sneak up on him because of his TP.

Green Lanterns do not have reaction time to contend with Superman.  Not even close.

Wonder Woman is significantly weaker than Superman to the point where a Green Lantern cannot make up the difference in a fight between the two.
"
@Silver2467 said: 
Not true. Superman had to use all of his strength to break through John's constructs at one point, and GL shields have sustained attacks far worse than Superman's blows. In fact, Kyle has tanked a punch from Superman and practically laughed it off before, and has fought powerhouses in his weight class several times. Hal has done the same; so has Guy. Guy shrugged off a hit from Captain Marvel once and was basically manhandling the JLA, which consisted of Captain Marvel, Martian Manhunter, Mister Miracle, Blue Beetle/Ted, and Black Canary (Batman and Doctor Fate were members also but arrived at this later). Kilowog has beaten on Superman before as well. As for speed, Lanterns have demonstrated the reaction time and combat speed to contend with Kryptonians on numerous occasions. Kyle alone has shown FTL reflexes twice just that I can name off the top of my head. Even low-tier Lanterns have shown nanosecond operational speeds before. And, Zoom, come on, Wonder Woman is not beating a top tier Lantern. She had enough difficulty with Procanon Kaa, whose constructs were hindered by his current emotional state, and he has virtually no feats. She does not compare to them at all. 

I am not disputing the idea of Flash beating Lanterns or even that Superman would be altogether incapable of it, nor am I saying that John soloing the League is legit. But you're not giving them enough credit.    
Wonder Woman is significantly weaker than Superman to the point where a Green Lantern cannot make up the difference in a fight between the two.
"
What? Superman is not beating a top tier GL and Wonder Woman at the same time. He has enough trouble with either one individually. And she is not that much weaker either.

@Static Shock said:

Superman does have Wonder Woman somewhat outmatched, but I'm not sure how this statement matters, considering that Wonder Woman has never hurt herself punching Superman. Besides, Pre-Crisis Wonder Woman is weaker than Post-Crisis Wonder Woman.

This.

@Static Shock said:
" @Silver2467: I think the kryptonite she used was insignificant. When she tried to use it, it looked as if it didn't do anything. A second later, he hits her with a haymaker punch that sends her back to Earth. It was as if the kryptonite had no effect on him at that given moment. "
Fair enough.
Zoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108  Edited By Zoom

The original point that was being made was that just because John Stewart attacked the Justice League out of the blue doesn't mean that he could beat them without the power amp he got.

Someone said that almost any Justice Leaguer could beat the rest of the Justice League if they just jumped them.

I said no, only Superman or the Flash could do that.

So yes, for the purpose of this debate, Superman is not only ambushing the Martian Manhunter but the Manhunter has no reason to believe that Superman is even fighting him.  This is Supes speedblitzing his team out of the blue, similar to John Stewart's attack during GL Rebirth, which was obviously amped by Parallax (who was possessing him at the time) because John couldn't just beat the Justice League under his own power, which is the point I was trying to make but it got lost in the clutter.
Silver2467

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109  Edited By Silver2467
@Zoom: Alright. In that scenario, sure, Superman could beat some of them, but I still greatly question his ability to beat the entire League. Even if he was able to drop on some of the, the only members he could one-shot are Flash, Aquaman, and Plastic Man (depending on the roster, as obviously these characters are not current members), and the rest, he would have enough trouble with individually. Some of them could solo if they survive the initial attack. The Manhunter might be able to with a surprise attack just by TPing everyone, but Lanterns can generate psi-shields. Most of them would be incapacitated though, and he has fought the JL before. I am on the fence about a GL soloing the JLA by a surprise attack. It may be feasible if they made proper use of their shields, reaction time, intangibility, invisibility, and energy bursts (as well as creating kryptonite). Flash, I could see soloing the League in that scenario. 

@Zoom said:
which is the point I was trying to make but it got lost in the clutter.
Part of that is my fault, because I questioned your analysis, but I wanted to understand your reasoning better. 
velle37

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110  Edited By velle37
@Zoom said:
"The original point that was being made was that just because John Stewart attacked the Justice League out of the blue doesn't mean that he could beat them without the power amp he got.

Someone said that almost any Justice Leaguer could beat the rest of the Justice League if they just jumped them.

So yes, for the purpose of this debate, Superman is not only ambushing the Martian Manhunter but the Manhunter has no reason to believe that Superman is even fighting him.  This is Supes speedblitzing his team out of the blue, similar to John Stewart's attack during GL Rebirth, which was obviously amped by Parallax (who was possessing him at the time) because John couldn't just beat the Justice League under his own power, which is the point I was trying to make but it got lost in the clutter.
"

A well written MM would not be blindsided by Kal..........

Like Silver said MM has 9 senses, plus telepathy, shapeshifting, intangibility, etc......

Supes' speed, and strength isn't very much higher than MM's own, Supes wouldn't take him out "by looking at him"...........

MM himself is more than a match for the JLA under non-PIS/WIS/CIS circumstances............. 

velle37

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111  Edited By velle37
@Zoom said:
"The original point that was being made was that just because John Stewart attacked the Justice League out of the blue doesn't mean that he could beat them without the power amp he got.

"

Another thing is that GLs are capale of FTL movement (all GLs are seen doing this), intangibility (John went intangible every other comic right before the Mosaic arcs, Hal did this as well arouind this time), telepathy (Hal and John have multiple showings of this), among other abilities that should put them way above what they are currently portrayed as.....

I don't think you're giving them enough credit.............

entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#112  Edited By entropy_aegis

Screw this,Batman solos all.

velle37

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113  Edited By velle37
@entropy_aegis said:
"Screw this,Batman solos all. "

HolySerpent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114  Edited By HolySerpent

going with hal for this fight.

also think superman can take on the enitre justice league

Silver2467

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115  Edited By Silver2467
@entropy_aegis said:
" Screw this,Batman solos all. "
This.

LOL.
Mr Creesy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

#116  Edited By Mr Creesy
@Zoom:  John wasn't "amped up" in those scans I posted. John's will exceeds the power of his ring normally so imagine if John had hit the league with all the will power he had?

Can Flash fly? I'm not sure if he can, but if he can't then Flash shouldn't be able to beat ANY GL.

John's ring can rapid fire at light speed so that's how  Flash got defeated. Any GL could beat Flash in this same fashion.

John wins this fight against Hal. If he wanted to he could snipe Hal from over three sectors away. No mess, no fuss.
Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117  Edited By Static Shock
@Mr Creesy said:
"John wins this fight against Hal. If he wanted to he could snipe Hal from over three sectors away. No mess, no fuss. "
You make it sound simple for John. 
Mr Creesy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#118  Edited By Mr Creesy
@Static Shock said:
" @Mr Creesy said:
"John wins this fight against Hal. If he wanted to he could snipe Hal from over three sectors away. No mess, no fuss. "
You make it sound simple for John.  "
Not as simple as it would be for John taking out the Flash, but still simple never the less. The OP says they are blood lusted. John is a military man, a Marine to be specific. I'm a military man myself so I can relate. John wouldn't just rush into battle to slug it out with Hal. Why would he do that when he has the best sniping skills of all the GL's. In the Army they taught us "one shot, one kill".  I'm sure John received the same training as I did and would be looking to finish this fight early. I believe he can do it and here's why I think this.

1. John is the best flier in the Corps. Hal said this himself, so a fight in the air is favoring John.
  2. John's will power should be unquestioned. If it came down to a battle of will power between John and Hal, John would win. Until another lantern will power exceeds the capabilities of their ring. No other Lantern is going to slug it out with a blood lusted John.
  3. John is the better strategist imo. John was a Marine before he was a GL. Marines are the best trained soldiers in the world.  All they do is come up with new effective ways to kill. Place the power of a GL in the hands of a veteran Marine (who has incalculable will) and the victor becomes clear.
Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#119  Edited By Static Shock
@Mr Creesy: Just because they are both bloodlusted doesn't mean that it's going to be simple for John. Hal and John have both fought before, and it was never, ever, simple simple for John. Using his ability to snipe would only matter if they are quick a distance from each other and Hal was unaware of his presence. The battle doesn't even have those stipulations.

Being the best flier in the Corps doesn't take away from the possibility that Hal could keep up with him. If his willpower exceeds his ring's capabilities, that's fine, but it doesn't take away Hal's ability to fight John. Not saying he can't win, but to say that it would be easy for him is absurd, in my opinion.
Mr Creesy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#120  Edited By Mr Creesy
@Static Shock said:
" @Mr Creesy: Just because they are both bloodlusted doesn't mean that it's going to be simple for John. Hal and John have both fought before, and it was never, ever, simple simple for John. Using his ability to snipe would only matter if they are quick a distance from each other and Hal was unaware of his presence. The battle doesn't even have those stipulations.

Being the best flier in the Corps doesn't take away from the possibility that Hal could keep up with him. If his willpower exceeds his ring's capabilities, that's fine, but it doesn't take away Hal's ability to fight John. Not saying he can't win, but to say that it would be easy for him is absurd, in my opinion.
"
I never said being blood lusted makes this a simple fight for John to win.

They fought before but not under blood lusted condition so mentioning their prior fights is a mute point.

The OP doesn't state how far they are away from each other at the beginning of the fight so I took it upon myself to place John in a well placed sniper position. ; ) It only makes sense that John would snipe Hal in this scenario because

A) he wants to kill Hal
B) beacuse he really good at sniping 

Fighting Hal head on doesn't make sense to me. John's a soldier and a sniper so logically he would use these skills to his advantage. Sniping Hal is simple  in the sense that it will only take one shot to end the fight. How John sets that up, I don't know. What I do know is that John's background and abilities would allow him to pull off a victory just the way I said it would go down.
Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#121  Edited By Static Shock
@Mr Creesy: Yeah. You took it upon yourself to place John in a position where Hal would have a disadvantage and be unaware of his opponent.
Mr Creesy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#122  Edited By Mr Creesy
@Static Shock said:

" @Mr Creesy: Yeah. You took it upon yourself to place John in a position where Hal would have a disadvantage and be unaware of his opponent. "

Don't roll over and play dead now Static. Even if I didn't place John there, my point is that John will still get to his sniping position. Whether he teleports there or he flies there. He is still going to get there.

Sniping positions aside, I believe John can beat Hal toe to toe. I also believe Hal could beat John toe to toe. So rather than saying its a stalemate, I looked at other angles John could beat Hal. Which sniping would be the easiest, most logical and effective way of winning.
Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#123  Edited By Static Shock
@Mr Creesy: No one is playing dead. Your motive is clear. You're putting John in a position where Hal would be unaware of him and at a disadvantage.
Mr Creesy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#124  Edited By Mr Creesy
@Static Shock said:
" @Mr Creesy: No one is playing dead. Your motive is clear. You're putting John in a position where Hal would be unaware of him and at a disadvantage. "
Well if I can "put" John there and no one is disagreeing that John can get there without me putting him there, then what's the problem? What I see in this battle are a lot of post saying Hal wins because "he has more feats" or that Hal is superior to John. I made a case for John. In seven pages of battling I have yet to read a legit description of how Hal beats John...indulge me.
Mr Creesy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#125  Edited By Mr Creesy
@Static Shock said:
Your motive is clear. You're putting John in a position where Hal would be unaware of him and at a disadvantage. "
I wouldn't call it a motive, more like common sense.
weaponxx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#126  Edited By weaponxx

Great match... I think I would go with Hal with the majority of the time, but I can see John pulling a few wins.

The "More will power than the ring can handle" thing is pretty impressive I must say!

Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#127  Edited By Static Shock

@Mr Creesy said:

""Well if I can "put" John there and no one is disagreeing that John can get there without me putting him there, then what's the problem? What I see in this battle are a lot of post saying Hal wins because "he has more feats" or that Hal is superior to John. I made a case for John. In seven pages of battling I have yet to read a legit description of how Hal beats John...indulge me. "

Kinda hard to indulge you when I'm sure as to who wins. I just think your reasoning of the battle could be better, and a bit more fair. That's all.

@Mr Creesy said:

"
I wouldn't call it a motive, more like common sense. "

Or more like an attempt at orchestrating the battle in a way that only John can win. Nowhere near common sense.

Zoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#128  Edited By Zoom
@Mr Creesy said:
" @Zoom:  John wasn't "amped up" in those scans I posted. John's will exceeds the power of his ring normally so imagine if John had hit the league with all the will power he had? Can Flash fly? I'm not sure if he can, but if he can't then Flash shouldn't be able to beat ANY GL.John's ring can rapid fire at light speed so that's how  Flash got defeated. Any GL could beat Flash in this same fashion.John wins this fight against Hal. If he wanted to he could snipe Hal from over three sectors away. No mess, no fuss. "
He was clearly amped up.  He was under Parallax's control and he was beating up multiple characters that are more powerful than him at the same time.  Go down to the store and buy yourself a clue because it's freaking obvious.  That's what Parallax does.  He boosts lanterns and makes them go crazy.  And look!  There's John with Parallax boosted and going crazy.  This isn't hard.

Flash can't fly but it doesn't matter.  Barry's beaten Hal before, too, which puts GLs at 0-4 against speedsters while not under the influence of Parallax.

I agree with Static that you're modifying the scenario to help John.  It's entirely unfair to put John 3 sectors away, knowing where Hal is and looking to kill him while Hal is unaware of John's location.
Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#129  Edited By Static Shock
@Zoom:
John was possessed by Parallax? What issue was this?
entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#130  Edited By entropy_aegis
@Static Shock: GL rebirth.
Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#131  Edited By Static Shock
@entropy_aegis said:
" @Static Shock: GL rebirth. "

That was Hal's return, right?
entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#132  Edited By entropy_aegis
@Static Shock said:
" @entropy_aegis said:
" @Static Shock: GL rebirth. "
That was Hal's return, right? "
Yeah
Mr Creesy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#133  Edited By Mr Creesy
@Static Shock said:

Kinda hard to indulge you when I'm sure as to who wins. I just think your reasoning of the battle could be better, and a bit more fair. That's all.

I can respect that.

Or more like an attempt at orchestrating the battle in a way that only John can win. Nowhere near common sense.

Orchestrating? More like envisioning John's battle plan. If Hal can't stop John before he gets into position, then John can win via assassination.  That's all I'm saying.

"
Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#134  Edited By Static Shock

@Mr Creesy: If this is your interpretation of the fight, then I can't tell you any differently.

@entropy_aegis:
I may have to take a look at that, then. Thanks.

entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#135  Edited By entropy_aegis
@Mr Creesy:
Your scenario requires one guy to be completly prepared while the other is a sitting duck,that's not how it works.
@Static Shock
said:
"

@Mr Creesy: If this is your interpretation of the fight, then I can't tell you any differently.

@entropy_aegis:
I may have to take a look at that, then. Thanks.

"
Your welcome.
Mr Creesy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#136  Edited By Mr Creesy
@Zoom said:
" @Mr Creesy said:
" @Zoom:  John wasn't "amped up" in those scans I posted. John's will exceeds the power of his ring normally so imagine if John had hit the league with all the will power he had? Can Flash fly? I'm not sure if he can, but if he can't then Flash shouldn't be able to beat ANY GL.John's ring can rapid fire at light speed so that's how  Flash got defeated. Any GL could beat Flash in this same fashion.John wins this fight against Hal. If he wanted to he could snipe Hal from over three sectors away. No mess, no fuss. "

He was clearly amped up.  He was under Parallax's control and he was beating up multiple characters that are more powerful than him at the same time.  Go down to the store and buy yourself a clue because it's freaking obvious.  That's what Parallax does.  He boosts lanterns and makes them go crazy.  And look!  There's John with Parallax boosted and going crazy.  This isn't hard.

John did nothing in that scan that he normally couldn't do. His will exceeds the power of his ring so that blast that he gave the league (and your precious Flash) was not all that he had. So what your implying is that Parallax some how depowered John, cause he certainley didn't empower John or boost his stats because there is no proof of it. Only your word.

Flash can't fly but it doesn't matter.  Barry's beaten Hal before, too, which puts GLs at 0-4 against speedsters while not under the influence of Parallax.

PIS

I agree with Static that you're modifying the scenario to help John.  It's entirely unfair to put John 3 sectors away, knowing where Hal is and looking to kill him while Hal is unaware of John's location.

You can agree with Static all you want. For all I know, Static may have mind control over you the same way Parallax did John.
"
Mr Creesy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#137  Edited By Mr Creesy
@entropy_aegis said:

" @Mr Creesy:
Your scenario requires one guy to be completly prepared while the other is a sitting duck,that's not how it works.

If your going to tell it then make sure you tell it right. My "scenario" doesn't require that Hal be unprepared or be a sitting duck. All I know that if I was John, I would get to a safe spot and go for the easy kill. Like it or not, my scenario is logical. If the creator of this thread wanted a long drawn out battle then they should have specified some specific rules. Under the current rules, John can win via assassination.

I already said that toe to toe either John or Hal could win.
entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#138  Edited By entropy_aegis
@Mr Creesy said:
" @entropy_aegis said:

" @Mr Creesy:

If your going to tell it then make sure you tell it right. My "scenario" doesn't require that Hal be unprepared or be a sitting duck. All I know that if I was John, I would get to a safe spot and go for the easy kill. Like it or not, my scenario is logical. If the creator of this thread wanted a long drawn out battle then they should have specified some specific rules. Under the current rules, John can win via assassination.I already said that toe to toe either John or Hal could win. "
Whatever,if i were John or Hal i would'nt fight i would try to talk.Unless specified the 2 start by facing each other directly,and Flash>>>>>>GL
Zoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#139  Edited By Zoom
@Mr Creesy said:
" @Zoom said:
" @Mr Creesy said:

John did nothing in that scan that he normally couldn't do. His will exceeds the power of his ring so that blast that he gave the league (and your precious Flash) was not all that he had. So what your implying is that Parallax some how depowered John, cause he certainley didn't empower John or boost his stats because there is no proof of it. Only your word.

PIS
" "
He beat up Superman and he tagged a Flash.  Those are things John normally can't do.

There's no PIS.  Flashes are just more powerful than Green Lanterns.  Barry's just got more skill than Hal but skill doesn't even enter into it that much because rookie Kid Flash and rookie Professor Zoom pantsed him too.
Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#140  Edited By Static Shock
@Mr Creesy said:
"You can agree with Static all you want. For all I know, Static may have mind control over you the same way Parallax did John. "
-_-
velle37

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#141  Edited By velle37
@Static Shock said:

"@Zoom: John was possessed by Parallax? What issue was this? "

He wasn't......

Sinestro was using Parallax through the rings to manipulate Kilowog, Guy, and John........

John just so happened to be near the JLA, and took them down..........

Kilowog went after Ganthet and was trashed......

I forget what Guy did............

@Zoom said:

" @Mr Creesy said:

"

When has Parallax amped GLs (plural) and make thme go crazy? You make it sound like this is a continuous happening, with many instances to support your claim...

When in fact Parallax was supposedly only the parasite in Hal's mind, with the majority of it's power coming from Hal's absorbtion of the energy in the Central Power Battery...

Parallax is seen trying to influence the Spectre because of his power, then leaves Spectre for Ganthet when he hears about how powerful Guardians are..

The only instance he appears to increase power on his own is when he influenced Kyle, and even then not by much because John blasted Parallax Kyle right in the face, with visible injury..

Not only that, but this is the first instance Parallax is seen influencing multiple people (because Guy Kilowog, and John are without fear, Kyle was unnafected because he feels fear), none of which showed amped stats, only altered mentality. Same thing as what's going on now with the War of the Green Lanterns, only it's the whole GLC being affected the exact same way (by the same writer) and none of them seem amped (else surely 12 "amped" GLS could take down Hal, without him escaping so easily right?)..

With the impurity restored the first time, GLs were susceptible to yellow temporarily, but had to "feel" the fear and overcome it to beat the weakness.

Like I said, if anything Parallax in this instance makes GL's weaker, because of the yellow impurity, though their morlas are removed, but there is no evidence of GLs being amped, only your opinion on what GLS should be capable of..

Somehow you think a speedster like Professor Zoom (who didn't have his time travel powers at the time, only speed, which GLs also have) can beat on Hal who can fly, basically simulate any ability any Flash has, go intangible, invisible, use telepathy (sounding a little like Martian Manhunter here :P), split the planet in half, and progrqam his ring to attack automatically, and many more abilities, and qualify that as a viable win and not PIS/WIS/CIS?..............

But on the same principle a GL with these abilities cant take down an unsuspecting JLA?................

I respectfully disagree with that perspective...................    

Silver2467

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#142  Edited By Silver2467
@velle37: Guy took down the JLA members at the watchtower who were tending to his condition. This included Dr. Mid-Nite, Mr. Terrific, Martian Manhunter, and a couple others, I think. 
Zoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#143  Edited By Zoom

I'm not making this up, Velle.

Flashes beat up GLs every time they face each other except this one time when John was under the influence of Parallax and instead of getting beaten by the best Flash, he managed to beat Flash, Wonder Woman and Superman all at the same time.

That's inconsistent.  Fact.

You can call it bad writing.  You can call it the entire JLA being hung over.  Or you can make the logical jump that when a guy is under the influence of an amping entity and shows ability far beyond what he's normally capable of, that the amping entity is the cause.

Fact of the matter is that GLs never use time travel, never use invisibility, never use autofire rings or any of the things you're saying should allow them to beat on Justice Leaguers.  I don't know whether it's because that takes too much willpower or if (in the cause of autofire) some of those powers are just bluffs but we didn't even see John use that when he took down the League.  He just manhandled them with constructs, something he logically shouldn't be able to do unless he was amped.
Mr Creesy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#144  Edited By Mr Creesy
@entropy_aegis said:
" @Mr Creesy said:
" @entropy_aegis said:

" @Mr Creesy:

If your going to tell it then make sure you tell it right. My "scenario" doesn't require that Hal be unprepared or be a sitting duck. All I know that if I was John, I would get to a safe spot and go for the easy kill. Like it or not, my scenario is logical. If the creator of this thread wanted a long drawn out battle then they should have specified some specific rules. Under the current rules, John can win via assassination.I already said that toe to toe either John or Hal could win. "
Whatever,if i were John or Hal i would'nt fight i would try to talk.Unless specified the 2 start by facing each other directly,and Flash>>>>>>GL "
The OP states that they are blood lusted so you would fight in this situation.
Mr Creesy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#145  Edited By Mr Creesy
@Zoom said:
" Mr Creesy said:

John did nothing in that scan that he normally couldn't do. His will exceeds the power of his ring so that blast that he gave the league (and your precious Flash) was not all that he had. So what your implying is that Parallax some how depowered John, cause he certainley didn't empower John or boost his stats because there is no proof of it. Only your word." "

He beat up Superman and he tagged a Flash.  Those are things John normally can't do.

First of all John didn't "beat up" Superman. He said " every structure has its weakness..." and preceded to give the Man of Steel a green facial. Thus putting him down.  Hal says John's raw will power burned them all, not John amped up by Parallax burned them all. Read it for yourself.

Read it and weep Zoom. John's raw WILLPOWER burns them all....
 Read it and weep Zoom. John's raw WILLPOWER burns them all....

There's no PIS.  Flashes are just more powerful than Green Lanterns.  Barry's just got more skill than Hal but skill doesn't even enter into it that much because rookie Kid Flash and rookie Professor Zoom pantsed him too.

Flash in not more powerful than Hal or any top tier lantern for that matter.
"
Zoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#146  Edited By Zoom
@Mr Creesy said:
"Flash in not more powerful than Hal or any top tier lantern for that matter."
Flash beat the tar out of Hal when he was 17.
Mr Creesy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#147  Edited By Mr Creesy
@Zoom said:
" @Mr Creesy said:
"Flash in not more powerful than Hal or any top tier lantern for that matter."
Flash beat the tar out of Hal when he was 17. "

No Caption Provided
Don't get me wrong. I like all the Flashes. I really do, but none of the Flashes are more powerful than a green lantern.
Zoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#148  Edited By Zoom

Where's the rest of the fight?

Mr Creesy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#149  Edited By Mr Creesy
@Zoom said:
" I'm not making this up, Velle.

Fact of the matter is that GLs never use time travel, never use invisibility, never use autofire rings or any of the things you're saying should allow them to beat on Justice Leaguers.  I don't know whether it's because that takes too much willpower or if (in the cause of autofire) some of those powers are just bluffs but we didn't even see John use that when he took down the League.  He just manhandled them with constructs, something he logically shouldn't be able to do unless he was amped. "
Okay enough is enough...

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

What are you saying Zoom? Nothing you post is backed by facts. John was only influenced by parallax. Issue 65 Green Lantern, War of the Green Lanterns part four states this.  He did not get a power amp up as you put it. Hal himself says that "John's raw willpower burns them all."  in reference to John defeating the Justice League. What more else needs to be said?
Zoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#150  Edited By Zoom
I say that Green Lanterns never use a power (this is an exaggeration but I think we're all aware that I mean Green Lanterns hardly ever use said powers) and you respond by posting scans from the 60s of GLs using those powers?  You're making my argument for me...

And catching the Flash =/= beating the Flash.  There's no reason he can't just vibrate out of that construct.  Barry's not even hurt.  It's hardly a win, as opposed to the Flash actually incapacitating Green Lantern, like so.

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided
Without Superman catching Barry in the next panel, the Flash would have suffocated Hal.  Barry still manages to evade the League for awhile before passing out.  GL scans his body and finds that Barry's been drugged with enough PCP to put down an elephant (I have no idea how much this is).

So yeah.  Even when he's drugged up, the Flash can handle a Green Lantern pretty easily.