Any thoughts?

Thewhiteronin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By Thewhiteronin

As interesting as Ocelot is, he stands absolutely no chance against Preston's gun kata.

Preston should win in H2H, too.

Preston pretty much stomps.

Loading Video...

Silverrings

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thewhiteronin Thanks for the comment. You think Preston wins that easily even under these circumstances? He only has one gun with six bullets, remember?

Thewhiteronin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@silverrings: True, but will Revolver Ocelot be able to make those shots? Preston was able to dodge bullets from 10+ automatic rifles in a narrow hallway, then dispatch the guards at 3:34 in the video that I posted.

Silverrings

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thewhiteronin Yeah, i've seen the film, Preston is a beast with guns, but he's never fought under these particular conditions before. Ocelot, however, almost always fights with a six shot revolver, as is an absolute expert with it, being able to ricochet bullets off of things to hit his target and whatnot. Still, you make a good point, Preston is very good at not getting shot while shooting other people.

renamed040924

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

As interesting as Ocelot is, he stands absolutely no chance against Preston's gun kata.

Preston should win in H2H, too.

Preston pretty much stomps.

Loading Video...

To be honest I didn't really see anything in this clip that so concretely puts Preston above Ocelot. He's just really flashy with stylish directing; it's entertaining, but when you get down to it he's really not being too skillful. I mean, taking down swarms of unskilled canon fodder who can't move, can't shoot, and can't fight more than one at a time isn't really anything big, no matter how fast Preston was when he did it. Meryl and Johnny pretty much accomplished the same thing Preston did in any of those scenes at the end of MGS4, and they wouldn't even be a threat to Ocelot.

Loading Video...

I feel like you might be overrating Preston's skill just based off flashiness, and also disregarding some of the crazier feats Ocelot has. In the below scene he was able to draw his gun from it's holster and kill six Marines who had him surrounded all with their weapons trained on him at point blank range before a single one could fire back.

Loading Video...

That's a lot faster than Preston was in that clip you posted, and in terms of accuracy Ocelot regularly toys with the likes of Solid and Naked Snake, both of whom have tagged actual speedsters with their gunfire. Ocelot can also ricochet bullets off of almost any surface with ease, so safe to say he has the advantage in the range game.

In CQC all Preston has is speed. Again the fight scenes are entertaining, but he's not actually showing a great amount of skill, using the same moves over and over again against nameless fodder who just stand still. By comparison, Old Snake was able to defeat seven armed and trained PLA soldiers all at once non-lethally, using realistic, practical techniques and tactics.

Loading Video...

Compare this to any of the scenes from Equilibrium, whereas Preston is just exaggerated, Snake is actually skillful. His opponent's are competent soldiers and he has to use practical techniques and tactics to win, not just smack them around while they stand still, yet he's skilled enough to do so easily. Yet in this same chapter of the game, when it came to CQC, Ocelot absolutely humiliated Snake.

Loading Video...

So I'm on the complete opposite side of the spectrum compared to you, just going off that clip you posted, I'm gonna have to say Ocelot is the one who stomps. Preston doesn't seem to come close to his level of skill and intelligence.

Silverrings

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Silverrings