Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By willpayton

Movie Khan (Into Darkness) vs Movie Ozymandias

No Caption Provided

vs

No Caption Provided

Random encounter, H2H, standard equipment. Fight among the rubble of a destroyed city block. No civilians around. Win by KO or death.

Who wins?

never give up

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By never give up

bump

rdskns4eva

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By rdskns4eva

Ozymandias stomps. Stronger, faster, more agile, better fighter, smarter, just as brutal. Ozy took on two people who were DAMN good fighters in their own right and made them look like rookies. See the video below. Ozy has the skill to not let John touch him at all if he wanted. Movie Ozymandias is just in another league.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kbnGA8uu8T0

Avatar image for deranged_midget
Deranged Midget

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 4

It's debatable, Ozy barely has any feats whatsoever, with his best one being a smackdown of an exhausted looking Comedian. Khan on the other hand single handily wiped out an party of Klingon's with little effort and embarrassed Spock in hand-to-hand combat. If I remember correctly, Vulcans are several times stronger than humans are physically as it was evident with Spock being able to keep up with Khan through London.

Hand-to-hand though, Khan seems to be quite skilled and is a brilliant tactician. He has an impressive healing factor that allowed him to tank a few stun shots. Ozy on the other hand made a fool of Nite Owl and Rorschach and is stated to be one of the smartest men on Earth in his universe.

willpayton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's debatable, Ozy barely has any feats whatsoever, with his best one being a smackdown of an exhausted looking Comedian. Khan on the other hand single handily wiped out an party of Klingon's with little effort and embarrassed Spock in hand-to-hand combat. If I remember correctly, Vulcans are several times stronger than humans are physically as it was evident with Spock being able to keep up with Khan through London.

Hand-to-hand though, Khan seems to be quite skilled and is a brilliant tactician. He has an impressive healing factor that allowed him to tank a few stun shots. Ozy on the other hand made a fool of Nite Owl and Rorschach and is stated to be one of the smartest men on Earth in his universe.

Yeah Khan was impressive. I think he tanked at least 5 or 6 stun phaser shots. It was really after that that Spock was able to get the upper hand on him.

never give up

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

bump

willpayton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By willpayton

bump

Surprised there's so few posting on this. Khan is sort of Trek's version of Ozy... genius-level intelligence, above peak human physical stats, able to easily take out teams of street-levelers...

King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I will take Khan here... but it could be a decent battle still.

never give up

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@never_give_up said:

bump

Surprised there's so few posting on this. Khan is sort of Trek's version of Ozy... genius-level intelligence, above peak human physical stats, able to easily take out teams of street-levelers...

Just helping you out lol. When you use different characters you don't get as much people.

ElijahSnowFall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think this is a fantastic match-up. It'd be even more interesting (to me, anyway) if they did have prep time.

I don't know what counts as "standard" equipment for these guys. Can anyone help with that? If Khan has access to 23rd century tech, that could be a problem.

Ozy is able to (reputedly) catch a bullet. I don't know if he has in the comics, but it's stated in the movie that he thinks he could. Khan can dodge disruptor fire. Which, I assume moves at light speed. Khan did this from multiple assailants and directions.

I would give the edge to Ozy in a fistfight for skill (probably speed?), but the problem is that I don't think he can keep Khan down. Khan's cells regenerate so fast he could heal a little girl with future cancer and nigh-resurrect a super irradiated Jim Kirk. Also, tribble resurrection. I think Khan will take more punishment, but he can take that punishment.

I think Khan can wear him down over a long slugfest. The question becomes, how fast can Ozy end the fight?

Avatar image for betatesthighlander1
Betatesthighlander1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

rdskns4eva

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By rdskns4eva

I think this is a fantastic match-up. It'd be even more interesting (to me, anyway) if they did have prep time.

I don't know what counts as "standard" equipment for these guys. Can anyone help with that? If Khan has access to 23rd century tech, that could be a problem.

Ozy is able to (reputedly) catch a bullet. I don't know if he has in the comics, but it's stated in the movie that he thinks he could. Khan can dodge disruptor fire. Which, I assume moves at light speed. Khan did this from multiple assailants and directions.

I would give the edge to Ozy in a fistfight for skill (probably speed?), but the problem is that I don't think he can keep Khan down. Khan's cells regenerate so fast he could heal a little girl with future cancer and nigh-resurrect a super irradiated Jim Kirk. Also, tribble resurrection. I think Khan will take more punishment, but he can take that punishment.

I think Khan can wear him down over a long slugfest. The question becomes, how fast can Ozy end the fight?

All this is true, but Khan isn't Wolverine. He doesn't heal instantaneously and he can be damaged/knocked out. His greatest physical attribute is his ability to absorb blunt force trauma and his extremely high pain tolerance. We don't know how much pain Ozy can take because he wasn't hit once in the movie due to his fighting ability, quickness etc.

If we broke down their physicals

Strength - Toss up - slight edge to Ozy since he showed more feats

Quickness/reflexes - Ozy, he never even got touched in the movie

Skill - Ozy, he can block attacks without looking at them

Durability - Khan, insanely high pain threshold

I still think Ozy will win. The only thing Khan has over him is pain threshold and a mild healing factor. I think the skill displayed by Ozy is just way to much to overcome.

batnorris

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By batnorris

why do you say he did it with little effort? the mask covered his face so you really cant tell if he's pushing it or taking them out casually.the rest i agree with. also, khan is very ruthless having crushed that guys skull instead of just knocking him out.

willpayton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Khan's durability was very impressive. He could take a lot of hits with little effect, and not be stunned even after 4 or 5 phaser hits on stun setting. Of course Ozy hits much harder than a normal human. He was able to pick up men and throw them 15 feet with little effort, and same thing for his kicking and jumping ability.

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Khan ftw

ElijahSnowFall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By ElijahSnowFall

@rdskns4eva: I completely agree with your breakdown. Perfectly valid. But I think that Khan's ability to take a beating shouldn't be undersold. He took 4 or 5 stun phaser bolts, a Vulcan neck pinch, and an engaged Vulcan's best shots (which I believe are 3x stronger than humans). Any one of those should have leveled another man.

It's easy to see Khan quickly realizing that he can't hit Ozy and taking a different tactic. Maybe playing dead. Strangulation won't kill him since he doesn't need oxygen. I'm sure he can survive a host of other injuries that would make Ozy think he was dead. I just don't see Khan not adapting his strategy if Ozy is simply more effective in a fistfight.

Khan fought Spock after crashing a starship into 2 large buildings...from orbit. And then all of the other stuff I mentioned before about being shot and nerve pinched. Nothing about Ozy makes me think he's close to that tough.

He's really gonna have to open up a keg of whuppin on Khan like he never has had to before in order to put him on the ground. Without the 5 phaser shots to rattle his central nervous system and the damage from crash landing an ocean liner sized object from orbit....it'll have to be a serious beating. Can he do that without being tagged? Can he take the hit if he does?

Ozy has the speed and skill advantage. But I argue Khan's durability advantage is demonstrably so enormous, it just can't be ruled out as a possibly decisive factor in this battle.

MErulezall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bump, fight could very well go either way.