#1 Posted by slacker the hacker (7810 posts) - - Show Bio

5 days prep

Knowledge

Fight takes place in the Vatican

No BFR

Morals on

To the death or knockout

Hellblazer #287
#2 Posted by difficlus (10679 posts) - - Show Bio

more on constantine please, the doctor is already called the destroyed of worlds/incoming storm and feared greatly by beings able to destroy all of reality itself.

#3 Posted by HowTerribleIsThat (349 posts) - - Show Bio

Five days prep? Oh wow. Doctor wins. 

#4 Posted by beatboks1 (6928 posts) - - Show Bio

@difficlus said:

more on constantine please, the doctor is already called the destroyed of worlds/incoming storm and feared greatly by beings able to destroy all of reality itself.

Constantine has bested the First of the fallen (most powerful entity of Hell) five times or more.

He made the triumverate of Hell heal him from his lung cancer

Made the Almighty (then now called Presence) do his bidding ( basically by saying he would take over Hell and the almighty didn't like the idea of someone with Constantine's shrewdness running hell (he had no problem believing he could take it over)

He made the Angel Gabriel (head of the angelic hosts and equal to Micheal and Lucifer) his slave and puppet

He's beaten just about every high demonic power he's encountered.

You'll find more discussion and evidence of what he's capable of (especially with prep) here and here

#5 Posted by Sideslash (5907 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm sorry, but with 5 days of prep, Constantine turns the Doctor into his slave.

#6 Posted by beatboks1 (6928 posts) - - Show Bio

@Sideslash said:

I'm sorry, but with 5 days of prep, Constantine turns the Doctor into his slave.

I'm leaning to Johnny for the win but not totally convinced. As a fan of Doctor Who from my youth/20's (70's/80's) I know how much of a plot device the Doctor can be. But then John's a walking plot device too.

#7 Posted by Sideslash (5907 posts) - - Show Bio

@beatboks1: Of course. Fight of the plot devices.

#8 Posted by Lokheit (492 posts) - - Show Bio

5 days for a time lord is too much time of prep!!

#9 Posted by Sideslash (5907 posts) - - Show Bio

@Lokheit: Also true for John.

#10 Edited by Lokheit (492 posts) - - Show Bio
@Sideslash said:

@Lokheit: Also true for John.

I don't know too much about Contastine, but does he have a TARDIS or something similar? If not, Doctor can cheat as much as he wants and 5 days of preparation for him would be too much setting plots and traps over the course of diferent moments in time to trigger during their fight. I'm assuming that even if he time travels he only have 120 hours of real action rather than days passed. If it's from date to date, then with just a minute he has all the time in the world. He could even go the mad route and change time (like the previous version did, which costed him a reincarnation but the Doctor itself was still alive) and prevent him from becomming who he is so he can't fight against him.
#11 Posted by beatboks1 (6928 posts) - - Show Bio

@Lokheit said:

@Sideslash said:

@Lokheit: Also true for John.

I don't know too much about Contastine, but does he have a TARDIS or something similar? If not, Doctor can cheat as much as he wants and 5 days of preparation for him would be too much setting plots and traps over the course of diferent moments in time to trigger during their fight. I'm assuming that even if he time travels he only have 120 hours of real action rather than days passed. If it's from date to date, then with just a minute he has all the time in the world. He could even go the mad route and change time (like the previous version did, which costed him a reincarnation but the Doctor itself was still alive) and prevent him from becomming who he is so he can't fight against him.

That first bit speaks volumes. With a few minutes prep Constantine could come up with a spell that makes time irrelevant to him with "knowledge" (as stated by OP ). The Doctor has beaten universal forces, Hellblazer has beaten forces far beyond that. Constantine has gotten the better of beings that are omnipotent and omniscient. He's done that with "random" encounters with no prep because he's always preparing for the worst. The Doctor is neither all knowing nor all powerful. Constantine uses the "rules of existence" against those who created them to get the better of them. With "knowledge" that the Doctor is a time traveler that isn't going to assist him here.

#12 Posted by difficlus (10679 posts) - - Show Bio

@beatboks1 said:

@Lokheit said:

@Sideslash said:

@Lokheit: Also true for John.

I don't know too much about Contastine, but does he have a TARDIS or something similar? If not, Doctor can cheat as much as he wants and 5 days of preparation for him would be too much setting plots and traps over the course of diferent moments in time to trigger during their fight. I'm assuming that even if he time travels he only have 120 hours of real action rather than days passed. If it's from date to date, then with just a minute he has all the time in the world. He could even go the mad route and change time (like the previous version did, which costed him a reincarnation but the Doctor itself was still alive) and prevent him from becomming who he is so he can't fight against him.

That first bit speaks volumes. With a few minutes prep Constantine could come up with a spell that makes time irrelevant to him with "knowledge" (as stated by OP ). The Doctor has beaten universal forces, Hellblazer has beaten forces far beyond that. Constantine has gotten the better of beings that are omnipotent and omniscient. He's done that with "random" encounters with no prep because he's always preparing for the worst. The Doctor is neither all knowing nor all powerful. Constantine uses the "rules of existence" against those who created them to get the better of them. With "knowledge" that the Doctor is a time traveler that isn't going to assist him here.

basically either can give themselves as much prep as they want.

i think the universe explodes in awesomeness of this fight...

#13 Posted by Sideslash (5907 posts) - - Show Bio

@Lokheit: Exactly. You should read more of Johnny boy. He constantly trumps uber powerful forces.

The Presence, First of the Fallen, Gabriel (I think), Many uber powerful demons, the list is endless. I'm sorry, simply due to the prep time, Constantine wins IMHO.

#14 Posted by The_Soverighn (1813 posts) - - Show Bio

con job takes it

#15 Posted by Strider92 (16022 posts) - - Show Bio

If they have access to anything they want then most likely a stalemate. I still want to say the Doctor though due to more feats.

#16 Posted by Soothing_Sounds (1718 posts) - - Show Bio

These are two different types of prep masters, personally think John is the best at what he does (prep for demonic/angelic entities) while the Doctor has been bested before (doesn't make him any less beasty at prepping for universal like beings and species). So i guess John should take this, besides isn't magic supposed to always be superior to science.

#17 Posted by Sethlol (1296 posts) - - Show Bio

Outright, Constantine.

With prep is a toss up but maybe the Doctor.

#18 Posted by ComicStooge (11768 posts) - - Show Bio

Online
#19 Posted by Sideslash (5907 posts) - - Show Bio

I was going to ask you why you bumped this thread just to post that.

However, reading that little comic strip, you are entirely forgiven.

#20 Edited by ComicStooge (11768 posts) - - Show Bio

I was going to ask you why you bumped this thread just to post that.

However, reading that little comic strip, you are entirely forgiven.

I couldn't help myself.

Online
#21 Edited by Scoop316 (157 posts) - - Show Bio

Bumping 'cause that comic is too golden.

#22 Posted by those_eyes (4723 posts) - - Show Bio

Stalemate

Online
#23 Posted by The_Imperator (1839 posts) - - Show Bio

That comic is amazing. I love it.

#24 Posted by JwwProd (8439 posts) - - Show Bio

Could go either way.

#25 Posted by Cjdavis103 (8307 posts) - - Show Bio

This is a stalemate both make realty their bitch and I shudder at what either of them could do whith 5 days of prep time.

That said I would love to see these guy engage in a verbal battle that would be awesome

#26 Edited by Jmarshmallow (3266 posts) - - Show Bio

That comic strip made my day lol.

Jmarshmallow

#27 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (32047 posts) - - Show Bio

Anybody else got anything to say about this battle?