One Week Prep

Both Have Access To All There Magical Artifacts

In Character

Outside Help Allowed

Win By Death, K.O or Surrender

Fighter

Opponents

#2 Posted by The_Soverighn (1813 posts) - - Show Bio

Both Of These Guy A Really Tricky But My Monies On Johnny Boy.

#3 Posted by Sethlol (1296 posts) - - Show Bio

Constantine imo.

#4 Posted by slacker the hacker (7844 posts) - - Show Bio

Con Job makes Loki his puppet.

#5 Posted by Pwok21 (2459 posts) - - Show Bio

Constantine is on a whole other level of prep than Loki.

#6 Posted by DocFatalis (1419 posts) - - Show Bio

Con John. He beat the Devils (yep, all three of them) , so a Scandinavian devil is just going to be an addition to his score.

And please buy me an other pack of Silk Cuts while you're out Lûv.

#7 Posted by BigCimmerian (8710 posts) - - Show Bio

Loki for the win.

#8 Posted by Needlebay (1948 posts) - - Show Bio

Constantine.

#9 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (34370 posts) - - Show Bio

@slacker the hacker said:

Con Job makes Loki his puppet.

#10 Posted by Scarlet_Spyder (120 posts) - - Show Bio

This is actually a really good battle here. I am undecided, but I approve of this thread!

#11 Posted by The_Soverighn (1813 posts) - - Show Bio

Have Any Of You Guys Read Gillen's Journey into the Mystery Loki Has Everything In Control In The Nine Realms @Pwok21: @Pwok21:

#12 Edited by Jonny_Anonymous (34370 posts) - - Show Bio

@The_Soverighn: Constantine has beaten satan and stalemated The Presence with prep. Both heaven and hell are scared of him so much so that he sold his soul to all three of the devils so that none of them would let him die encase the other got his soul

#13 Edited by Strider92 (16771 posts) - - Show Bio

Going with the British guy! He may even be more mischievous than Loki himself!

#14 Posted by Hyperlight (6335 posts) - - Show Bio

I dont know much about constantine so someone should educate me. But considering what they both are I would give the millenia old asgardian magic user win the win over the mortal human magic user. Loki has been manipulating magic long before most humans have. He is physically superior in every way as well.

I hear he is boss in the trechcoat brigade

#15 Edited by Strider92 (16771 posts) - - Show Bio

@Hyperlight: Loki is definitely his physical superior but Constantine never fights like that. He is a master of deception and manipulation. The stuff he does with just his wits are insane. He talked the Presence (yep the Presence) out of sending him to hell and tricked multiple lords of hell into ressurecting him. There isn't much he can't manipulate his way out of.

#16 Posted by BringnIt (3809 posts) - - Show Bio

How did Constantine trick the Presence?

#17 Posted by Skaddix (3119 posts) - - Show Bio

That is what we call Jobbing.

#18 Posted by Pwok21 (2459 posts) - - Show Bio

@The_Soverighn:

Doesn't matter, Constantine has feats which make that look pitiful.

#19 Posted by Phylos (2682 posts) - - Show Bio

Constantine probably tricks Loki into giving up his godhood if anything.

#20 Posted by XiiX (9157 posts) - - Show Bio

@Needlebay said:

Constantine.

#21 Posted by Kovak (748 posts) - - Show Bio

@The_Soverighn: Realism beats love every time.

#22 Posted by Killemall (18640 posts) - - Show Bio

@BringnIt said:

It was weird, Presence owned his soul and he was meant to be sentenced to hell, but during a campfire he talks to presence saying he's happy he is going to hell and given his track record he should be able to trick and rule over hell in a short time. This leads Presence to thinking the scenario and he chooses free Constatine's soul.

To me it looked more like a plot.

#23 Posted by Jayfournines (4024 posts) - - Show Bio

John Con takes it by making Loki look like a fool

#24 Posted by jeanroygrant (20191 posts) - - Show Bio

Loki.

#25 Edited by beatboks1 (7417 posts) - - Show Bio

@Jonny_Anonymous said:

@The_Soverighn: Constantine has beaten satan and stalemated The Presence with prep. Both heaven and hell are scared of him so much so that he sold his soul to all three of the devils so that none of them would let him die encase the other got his soul

That wasn't quite why it happened.

1. He only sold his soul to two of the triumverate. First of the Fallen already had rights to his soul by right of insult.
  2. He did it to protect himself from FoF who wanted to make him suffer for the insult he'd put him through, John after all knew he was dying
  3. The Lords accepted the deal because his would have been a great soul to have, building their power, not out of any fear

Honestly while the feat was good he has better

1. Entrapping Gabriel (having him seduced) to be his bitch to protect him from FoF
  2. Killing FoF, the act of which removed any hold he had on his soul (having now defeated/bested him 3 times). IIRC FoF was then made mortal and lived on the Greek Isles
  3. Removing the stain from his soul and tricking the "child soul demon" (forgotten his name) into releasing all his souls in exchange for a fake Constantine soul. By this stage FoF was returned to power because John had killed his mortal form, The demon thinking it would be worth giving up all his power because FoF would give him much more in exchange for the right to torment John.

There are others but there are plenty of feats that would allow for him beating Loki who is really beneath the level of many he has already taken down many times before.

@Killemall said:

@BringnIt said:

It was weird, Presence owned his soul and he was meant to be sentenced to hell, but during a campfire he talks to presence saying he's happy he is going to hell and given his track record he should be able to trick and rule over hell in a short time. This leads Presence to thinking the scenario and he chooses free Constatine's soul.

To me it looked more like a plot.

It was but 90% of what John does is. IMO he's more a walking plot device than Reed or Thanos.

#26 Posted by sabracadabra (603 posts) - - Show Bio

Constantine.

#27 Posted by BringnIt (3809 posts) - - Show Bio

Hm. While it seems Constantine is indeed very clever, the majority of the feats being bandied about for him don't really have anything to do with combat. I don't know how tough the First of the Fallen is, but even child Loki has successfully tricked individuals like Mephisto, Surtur, Damion Hellstrom, Hela and so forth. What feats in combat does John bring to the table?

#28 Posted by beatboks1 (7417 posts) - - Show Bio

@BringnIt said:

Hm. While it seems Constantine is indeed very clever, the majority of the feats being bandied about for him don't really have anything to do with combat. I don't know how tough the First of the Fallen is, but even child Loki has successfully tricked individuals like Mephisto, Surtur, Damion Hellstrom, Hela and so forth. What feats in combat does John bring to the table?

Johns not a combat type of guy. he's a mind over matter. In pure "combat he's strictly street level and a very dirty fighter. He's more likely to kick you in the nads and bolt than actually get into a fight. When he fights spirits and the like it's with the right incantation and artifact at hand to do the job quickly. Other than that he uses his TP to know what the deepest darkest secrets of the one he's facing are and use them against them. Play their character flaws, use their drives. He would play on Loki's jealousy of Thor and have him jumping through hoops as he chose. With a weeks prep he would be more than adequately prepared for Loki. Most of his feats were on the fly using prep he'd simply done for a rainy day. he tends to keep "markers" owed to him as a back up. Like the succubis who owed him that he used to tempt Gabriel.

#29 Posted by xxxddd (3593 posts) - - Show Bio

Loki.

#30 Posted by BigCimmerian (8710 posts) - - Show Bio

John Constantine from the Justice League Dark?

#31 Posted by TheVoiceOfReason (747 posts) - - Show Bio

Constantine

#32 Posted by Quartermaim (617 posts) - - Show Bio

@The_Soverighn said:

Remember The Outside Help

Loki Has

• Surtur
  • Hela
  • Hell-Hound
  • Manchester God Tech
  • And High Power Magician In The Nine Realms
  • Mephisto
  • Thor

And John has who besides Swamp Thing who is alot actually.

#33 Posted by The_Roman (3297 posts) - - Show Bio

@The_Soverighn said:

Loki Has

• Surtur
  • Hela
  • Hell-Hound
  • Manchester God Tech
  • Mephisto
  • Thor

Confused as to why Loki has back up from Mephisto...

And by Hell-Hound do you mean Fenris Wolf?

------------------

Regardless, with a week's prep, Constantine could F*** Loki up big time.

#34 Posted by beatboks1 (7417 posts) - - Show Bio

@Quartermaim said:

@The_Soverighn said:

Loki Has

• Surtur
  • Hela
  • Hell-Hound
  • Manchester God Tech
  • Mephisto
  • Thor

And John has who besides Swamp Thing who is alot actually.

Lucifer, Gabriel, Phantom Stranger, mister E, Timothy Hunter, Zatanna, several demons, succubis, Angels. He's held the blade that ends creation, the chalice (holy Grail), knows the where abouts of talismans that make beings of above Loki's level his cower in terror and bow to his will.

Someone also asked (IIRC) how powerful FoF is. The FoF was the conscious of the presence given form so he could argue with it. When he didn't like what it said he cast it out of heaven, hence why it was the first of heaven to fall.

#35 Posted by The Devil Tiger (1263 posts) - - Show Bio

Loki will give to John a run for his money, but in the end, the asgardian will be constantine's bitch.

#36 Posted by The_Soverighn (1813 posts) - - Show Bio

@The_Roman: due to the events in journey into the mystery many of marvels fear lords had owed loki a favor that they must repay.

#37 Posted by The_Roman (3297 posts) - - Show Bio

@The_Soverighn: I see. I still give Con the win.

#38 Posted by Quartermaim (617 posts) - - Show Bio

Constantine wins. Loki is good but John is better and with their help I feel that only swings it more into John's favor.

#39 Posted by Journal (495 posts) - - Show Bio

@Sethlol said:

Constantine imo.

#40 Posted by seekquaze (619 posts) - - Show Bio

Loki wins this.

Many if not most of John's victories over supernatural creatures are thanks to them either not knowing he is after them until it is too late and he springs his trap, they are bound by magical rules that prevent them from killing him outright, they are so arrogant or outright stupid they lose, or some combination. Loki is none of these. At best his arrogance and emotional issues would be a problem John could potentially exploit, but not a huge issue. John himself admitted the First is a complete idiot. Loki tends to be portrayed all over the place from a simple If worse came to worse he could just incinerate John.

#41 Posted by The_Soverighn (1813 posts) - - Show Bio

bump

#42 Posted by dondave (38818 posts) - - Show Bio

Loki