Avatar image for monsterobsessor
MonsterObsessor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 8

#3  Edited By MonsterObsessor
@Prince of Saiyans: Exactly. Even if Johan has no name, Light would win. Have you watched the ending of Monster where Johan has disappeared? My theory is that when Tenma has revealed to Johan about his name, Light finally writes his name down in the Death Note. If it's suicide, that would explain the open window, but if it's a heart attack, that would explain of Johan's bed empty because I think he's taken to the morgue.

Do you agree with my theory?
Avatar image for prince_of_saiyans
Prince of Saiyans

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By Prince of Saiyans
@MonsterObsessor: Sure it seems to make sense
Avatar image for the_last_son_of_krypton
The Last Son Of Krypton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Who in the hell are these two? If this is anime, this belongs on AnimeVice.

Avatar image for monsterobsessor
MonsterObsessor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 8

#6  Edited By MonsterObsessor

Well, who do you think will win? The Monster with No Name or the God of the New World?

Avatar image for prince_of_saiyans
Prince of Saiyans

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Prince of Saiyans

Well I think that Light may have written Johans name in the death note, so as Johan escapes through the widow he sees a man in a hood, then the man pulls down the hood and Johan has a heart attack. When he asks why, the man pulls down his hood and replies Because im Kira. Similar to what Light does to Lelouch.

KingOfAsh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Johan is far smarter and more manipulative than Light, being on Lights level at only 10 years old.

Avatar image for alternative_backup
alternative_backup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Johan Liebert convinces to Light Yagami to commit suicide and that delivers the Death Note. He does. Johan murderstomps.

potter1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Honestly, Johan would probably just shoot Light in the face, I mean, does Johan even /have/ a real name for Light to use?? As for who's smarter and more cunning, it's a toss up.

In an unrelated note, I don't know why people compare the two so much, they are pretty different, the only thing they have in common is the fact that they're murderers. Though, to me, Johan is a straight up sociopath who exhibits ALL the signs, Light is more like a normal kid with sociopathic tendencies and a god complex.

Kramotz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Interesting. I see three possible outcomes to this battle:
1. Johan walks into Light's house in Japan one night (Misa did so with relative ease) and kills him and his family and then goes back to Germany.
2. Johan becomes a student at the college that Light was going to and befriends him. Then one day, he invites Light to see the city view from atop a roof, where he 'chats' with him. With a little Antichrist silver tongue, Johan convinces Light to kill himself in a random manner.
3. Johan does everything the same in #2 until he lures Light onto the random rooftop. Instead of convincing him to kill himself, Johan convinces Light that he would be a more suitable wielder of his Death Note and that he will continue in Light's admirable footsteps and rid the world of scum... which includes Light himself.

Avatar image for wolverineistoaa
WolverineIsTOAA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Johan

Redzkz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Redzkz

Johan.

Combatt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Finding out who or what Johan is, would drive Light insane...

Avatar image for thatguywithheadphones
thatguywithheadphones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

lol Johan is what Light want to be when he grows up.

Combatt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

the only way light wins is awful fanfiction of deathnote fans like the ones above... even child johan can beat light.

TrueKing95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By TrueKing95

@kramotz said:

Interesting. I see three possible outcomes to this battle:

1. Johan walks into Light's house in Japan one night (Misa did so with relative ease) and kills him and his family and then goes back to Germany.

2. Johan becomes a student at the college that Light was going to and befriends him. Then one day, he invites Light to see the city view from atop a roof, where he 'chats' with him. With a little Antichrist silver tongue, Johan convinces Light to kill himself in a random manner.

3. Johan does everything the same in #2 until he lures Light onto the random rooftop. Instead of convincing him to kill himself, Johan convinces Light that he would be a more suitable wielder of his Death Note and that he will continue in Light's admirable footsteps and rid the world of scum... which includes Light himself.

Pretty much this. Johan doesnt even have a birthname. Which if you think about it, how would the deathnote effect someone with no name. Like what if light wanted to use it on some guy in a third world country who doesnt have a birth name just a nick name.

Night4345

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Johan makes Light kill himself.

Combatt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Also, i'd like to see light make people kill themselves without his magic notebook... Tell bunch of kids to hurl themselves off of rooftops. Johan makes people kill themselves without silly magic notebooks. What is yagami light without his deathnote? Nothing compared to Johan, the seven headed beast with crowns.

Kramotz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Not to mention that Johan is immune to the Death Note. Though his mother had a name for him, it was never actually given to him, something that is emphasized in the manga. He's nameless, so shinigami eyes wouldn't work and Light's only weapon is rendered obsolete.

This is then turned into a battle of wits... and Johan levels above Light in intelligence; where Light is just your typical studying school nerd with some developed manipulation skills, Johan is a genuine genius and has manipulation feats as a 10 year old that Light couldn't accomplish as an adult. They simply don't compare in this regard.

This is a stomp no matter how you look at it.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d45fd7ce1a16
deactivated-5d45fd7ce1a16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kramotz said:

Not to mention that Johan is immune to the Death Note. Though his mother had a name for him, it was never actually given to him, something that is emphasized in the manga. He's nameless, so shinigami eyes wouldn't work and Light's only weapon is rendered obsolete.

This is then turned into a battle of wits... and Johan levels above Light in intelligence; where Light is just your typical studying school nerd with some developed manipulation skills, Johan is a genuine genius and has manipulation feats as a 10 year old that Light couldn't accomplish as an adult. They simply don't compare in this regard.

This is a stomp no matter how you look at it.

Uh Light isn't just some school nerd. He's actually considered to be a genius. He beat the best detective of this world, and outsmarted Mello and Near, and only lost because of Mikami. I don't say that he's smarter. I never watched Monster. But he isn't your typical school nerd.

Kramotz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Kramotz

@darkhunter89: Genius-level intellect can be earned through a sheltered, education-filled upbringing. Johan, at the age of 10, was naturally smarter than Light was when he was an adult. Johan is what L was described as in Death Note - a natural genius.

And they simply don't have comparable feats. Whereas one learned two languages simultaneously (French and English) and became fluent in both in a year at the age of 12, the other isn't even capable of killing without supernatural assistance.

Johan has also been described as someone who is naturally better than everyone else at what he does... He just so happens to bring destruction and suffering to the world (which he does best; he's not called the greatest anime villain of all-time for no reason).

It's not that Light isn't smart; it's that Johan is inhumanely gifted intellectually.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kramotz said:

@darkhunter89: Genius-level intellect can be earned through a sheltered, education-filled upbringing. Johan, at the age of 10, was naturally smarter than Light was when he was an adult. Johan is what L was described as in Death Note - a natural genius.

And they simply don't have comparable feats. Whereas one learned two languages simultaneously (French and English) and became fluent in both in a year at the age of 12, the other isn't even capable of killing without supernatural assistance.

Johan has also been described as someone who is naturally better than everyone else at what he does... He just so happens to bring destruction and suffering to the world (which he does best; he's not called the greatest anime villain of all-time for no reason).

It's not that Light isn't smart; it's that Johan is inhumanely gifted intellectually.

Light is also described as a natural genius. Like L, Near, Mikami and Mello.

PrinceAragorn1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By PrinceAragorn1

Yohan convinces light to write his own name in death note..

Kramotz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Kramotz

@darkhunter89: He was described as a sheltered prodigy, like a plant in a greenhouse, not a natural genius. Like I said, he's a smart kid (not genius) who had a much more decent, education-filled upbringing than Johan....Yet Johan's genius still supersedes Light's. Example: I highly doubt Light is capable of learning and becoming fluent in two languages simultaneously, let alone at the age of 12, in only a year.

Think of comparing Light's intelligence to Johan's as you would if you compared Batman's intelligence to Superman's: while one had more resources as a child, a more education-filled upbringing and generally has more knowledge, the other has raw brain power feats the first one could never achieve and is most definitely more intelligent.

Smarter =/= more intelligent.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kramotz said:

@darkhunter89: He was described as a sheltered prodigy, like a plant in a greenhouse, not a natural genius. Like I said, he's a smart kid (not genius) who had a much more decent, education-filled upbringing than Johan....Yet Johan's genius still supersedes Light's. Example: I highly doubt Light is capable of learning and becoming fluent in two languages simultaneously, let alone at the age of 12, in only a year.

Think of comparing Light's intelligence to Johan's as you would if you compared Batman's intelligence to Superman's: while one had more resources as a child, a more education-filled upbringing and generally has more knowledge, the other has raw brain power feats the other could never achieve and his most definitely more intelligent.

I need to watch Monster.

PrinceAragorn1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kramotz said:

Think of comparing Light's intelligence to Johan's as you would if you compared Batman's intelligence to Superman's: while one had more resources as a child, a more education-filled upbringing and generally has more knowledge, the other has raw brain power feats the other could never achieve and his most definitely more intelligent.

I need to watch Monster.

You really do...

Kramotz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Kramotz

@darkhunter89: If you do, would you mind telling me if your opinion on this whole 'Light vs Johan' thing changes? Most people tend to drastically change their opinions of Death Note/Light after watching Monster/Johan.

Take me for example: I once thought that Kira was the best anime villain out there. Then I watched Monster, felt ridiculous for having ever thought that, and started to view Light as he was: a child with a divine power. Afterwards, like most, I started viewing Johan Liebert as not only the greatest animanga villain of all-time, but possibly even the greatest fictional villain, point blank.

Stormmagician

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Johan convince light to kill himself, the guy is one of the most dangerous psychological villains out there, right up with the likes of Joker and Tao.

pern

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No opinion on this thread, but one of the DN rules even stated that a persons name would appear even if he wasnt given an actual name or was registered.

Kramotz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Kramotz

@pern: Nowhere in the rules of the Death Note does it say such a thing. And who has the authority to give Johan a name? Such a thing is not specified in the Death Note, so it's useless to discuss. Johan (and his sister) is simply the perfect foil to the Death Note, plain and simple.

He literally wasn't given a name. Yes, his mother had a name for him, but it was never bestowed to him. Look below.

Light's greatest and only weapon is rendered obsolete when going against Johan. Johan doesn't have to rush; Light dies when Johan is ready for him to.

Even with the Death Note, Johan would make Light kill himself after exposing his narcissism and intellectual flaws.

pern

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By pern

@kramotz said:

@pern: Nowhere in the rules of the Death Note does it say such a thing. And who has the authority to give Johan a name? Such a thing is not specified in the Death Note, so it's useless to discuss. Johan (and his sister) is simply the perfect foil to the Death Note, plain and simple.

He literally wasn't given a name. Yes, his mother had a name for him, but it was never bestowed to him. Look below.

Light's greatest and only weapon is rendered obsolete when going against Johan. Johan doesn't have to rush; Light dies when Johan is ready for him to.

Even with the Death Note, Johan would make Light kill himself after exposing his narcissism and intellectual flaws.

1. The names you will see with the eye power of a god of death are the names needed to kill that person. You will be able to see the names even if that person isn't registered in the family registration.
Kramotz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pern: Light won't see a name because Johan was never given one, as I showed you in the scan; Johan doesn't have a given name to even be registered in the family registry to begin with.

Waltz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Waltz

Johan wins. And here’s how it goes.

Light: Farewell, Johan Liebert. (Writes name down. Johan smiles when nothing happens. Light looks freaked out.)

Johan: I have no name. (Shoots Light in the head.)

Combatt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Take away Lights Deathnote and Misa?

What is he to Johan?

Nothing