Joel and Ellie vs. Solid Snake (old Snake)

Thanatic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Thanatic

can old snake deal with Joel and Ellie

Thanatic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

who do you think wins

Avatar image for redxiii18881990
Redxiii18881990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Redxiii18881990

Solid snake. Easily.

Avatar image for allstarsuperman
AllStarSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

lol

colliderz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

SS with ease

Thanatic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@colliderz: im taking old solid snake from mgs 4....

your saying even old solid snake still beats both joel and ellie

juiceboks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 juiceboks  Moderator

@thanatic: That's exactly what he's saying and he's exactly right. Everybody else familiar with Old Snake can see why..don't know why you can't.

Skit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Any version of Snake stomps, actually the majority of named/relevant MGS characters could as well.

tparks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By tparks

@skit said:

Any version of Snake stomps, actually the majority of named/relevant MGS characters could as well.

Only character I could think of that wouldn't is Otacon and some of the other support characters who never take place in combat.

DaredevilDD78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Solid Snake

Avatar image for homicidalmaniac
homicidalmaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

This is like if old man Batman fought Rick Grimes and Carol

Skit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tparks said:

@skit said:

Only character I could think of that wouldn't is Otacon and some of the other support characters who never take place in combat.

I think Otacon actually took a few hit's from Liquid in MGS1, so he's questionable even.I just remembered Johnny though, they could probably take him assuming he doesn't accidentally shoot them.

renamed040924

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@skit said:

tparks said:

@skit said:

I think Otacon actually took a few hit's from Liquid in MGS1

Otacon never came into contact with Liquid.

Wut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Solid snake.... takes this...

In fact, in the distance, you can hear MG:R Raiden crying out for Rose as no matter how much they like to crank out his power, he will never be as cool as the Snake.

JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#15 JediXMan  Moderator

Old Snake stomps. Not even close.

Skit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@skit said:

tparks said:

@skit said:

I must be thinking of something else then, for some reason I recall Liquid beating the crap out of otacon. In that case then, Otacon loses to Ellie and Joel.

tparks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@skit said:

@tparks said:

@skit said:

I think Otacon actually took a few hit's from Liquid in MGS1, so he's questionable even.I just remembered Johnny though, they could probably take him assuming he doesn't accidentally shoot them.

Johnny was kind of a bad@ss at the end of MGS4 though.

renamed040924

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@skit said:

@nickzambuto said:

@skit said:

tparks said:

@skit said:

I must be thinking of something else then, for some reason I recall Liquid beating the crap out of otacon. In that case then, Otacon loses to Ellie and Joel.

That's weird, nothing like that has ever happened in the series.

Skit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tparks said:

@skit said:

@tparks said:

@skit said:

He was going against fodder with basically zombie level of intelligence, him and meryl where killing them by just standing in the open and shooting them with pistols. I mean they where able to be sexing it up and rolling around at the same time. The rest of the game though, he ended up nearly shooting himself or almost getting killed by fodder.

Avatar image for ancient_0f_days
Ancient_0f_Days

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thanatic said:

can old snake deal with Joel and Ellie

Skit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nickzambuto: Well MGS1 is the only metal gear game I haven't replayed, so it's been a solid 10+ years since I played it. I don't know where I was getting it from though, especially since Liquid in his original body would easily kill him.

tparks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@skit said:

@tparks said:

@skit said:

@tparks said:

@skit said:

He was going against fodder with basically zombie level of intelligence, him and meryl where killing them by just standing in the open and shooting them with pistols. I mean they where able to be sexing it up and rolling around at the same time. The rest of the game though, he ended up nearly shooting himself or almost getting killed by fodder.

Through out the rest of the series he was nothing more then a stomach ache. Lol.

I was just pointing out the last scene, where he was pretty impressive, and looked like he had what it would take to kill Joel and Ellie. You also have to remember that his other problems in MGS 4 were due to the fact he did not have any nanomachines like the rest of the PMC soldiers, which caused him to fall really far behind in terms of pretty much everything.

renamed040924

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tparks said:

@skit said:

@tparks said:

@skit said:

@tparks said:

@skit said:

Through out the rest of the series he was nothing more then a stomach ache. Lol.

I was just pointing out the last scene, where he was pretty impressive, and looked like he had what it would take to kill Joel and Ellie. You also have to remember that his other problems in MGS 4 were due to the fact he did not have any nanomachines like the rest of the PMC soldiers, which caused him to fall really far behind in terms of pretty much everything.

That scene was dumb. It came completely out of nowhere and had zero justification. The chapter began with Johnny falling off the boat like an idiot, then suddenly he's taking down FROGs by the truck load. I appreciated the message about teamwork and partnership, it went well with the game's theme and the choreography was awesome, but damn did Kojima get lazy in the writing. Johnny never should have been anything more than a comic relief side character, making him a main was a mistake, don't even get me started on Meryl's portrayal and that cringeworthy wedding scene.

renamed040924

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By renamed040924

@skit said:

@nickzambuto: Well MGS1 is the only metal gear game I haven't replayed, so it's been a solid 10+ years since I played it. I don't know where I was getting it from though, especially since Liquid in his original body would easily kill him.

How DARE you.

Avatar image for linsanel_doctor
linsanel_Doctor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Snake wrecks

Skit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@skit said:

How DARE you.

I hate the part where you have to back track to go get the sniper. Additionally I don't like the ps3 port, don't own a ps1 anymore(I oddly enough still have my copy of the game though) and the twin snakes is hella expensive now.

renamed040924

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@skit said:
@nickzambuto said:

@skit said:

How DARE you.

I hate the part where you have to back track to go get the sniper. Additionally I don't like the ps3 port, don't own a ps1 anymore(I oddly enough still have my copy of the game though) and the twin snakes is hella expensive now.

Twin Snakes is terrible anyway, don't look to it as a replacement. What's wrong with the PS3 port? You know if you have the original disk, you can play the game on your PS3 (depending on the model)

tparks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tparks said:

@skit said:

@tparks said:

@skit said:

@tparks said:

@skit said:

That scene was dumb. It came completely out of nowhere and had zero justification. The chapter began with Johnny falling off the boat like an idiot, then suddenly he's taking down FROGs by the truck load. I appreciated the message about teamwork and partnership, it went well with the game's theme and the choreography was awesome, but damn did Kojima get lazy in the writing. Johnny never should have been anything more than a comic relief side character, making him a main was a mistake, don't even get me started on Meryl's portrayal and that cringeworthy wedding scene.

How could you not love a good wedding scene in an action game? Lol

reikai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Loading Video...

Emperorb777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ellie is too much.

renamed040924

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By renamed040924
Skit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@skit said:
@nickzambuto said:

@skit said:

How DARE you.

Twin Snakes is terrible anyway, don't look to it as a replacement. What's wrong with the PS3 port? You know if you have the original disk, you can play the game on your PS3 (depending on the model)

I have one of the only version of the original fat ps3's that doesn't have reverse compatibility sadly. I don't know why, but the ps classics version(at least for me) has save issues.

DarthAznable

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ellie wins him over with her awesome personality. Ends in everyone chilling and reading comics.

Skit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tparks said:

@nickzambuto said:

How could you not love a good wedding scene in an action game? Lol

Plus we got to see Drebin with his flower/dove magic

Emperorb777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

renamed040924

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

zaied

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Old Snake.

Thanatic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

but if old snake was dropped in joel and ellie's world

could he surive

gingerpenny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm a bigger Naughty Dog fan, new played Metal Gear for more than 10 seconds and I'm still pretty sure Snake would win. Although I will say Joel and Ellie are not making it easy

Wut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thanatic: No... he would die from his sickness.

Getting transported to another world wouldn't suddenly cure him. If he was cured, yes, he could easily survive.