Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

Poll JLA vs. the Trinity (42 votes)

Trinity (Superman, Batman, & Wonder Woman) 14%
JLA (Hal Jordan, Barry Allen, Aquaman, Martian Manhunter, & Oliver Queen) 83%
Too close to call 2%

Trinity:

JLA:

Characters are in an unpopulated city, at night, 50 ft. apart.

They are all in-character, meaning no bloodlust (because some people believe regular heroes like these can have bloodlust and still be in-character). No prep-time allowed. All are New 52 versions of the characters.

I know that the JLA team I have listed up there isn't actually the current JLA roster in the comics (only Manhunter and Arrow are members of that team and my team up there), that's just a team that I came up with that might have a relatively equal match-up against the Trinity.

• 
LCazT1996

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By LCazT1996

Sorry if you don't think this is a fair fight. I imagine it would be a fair fight considering the powerhouses with Martian Manhunter, GL, and Aquaman to fight Wonder Woman and Supes while Flash and GA take on Batman. I think it'd be a very close fight.

Avatar image for fallschirmjager
Fallschirmjager

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 16

I'm pretty sure New 52 MM all ready solo'd everyone listed in this thread with the exception of GA - although he wouldn't really matter.

And even if he can't again (for whatever reason)

Team 2 should stomp here. 5 > 3. 4 super powered heroes > 2 ...etc

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

Martian Manhunter could beat them by himself and so could Barry

LCazT1996

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By LCazT1996

@dondave said:

Martian Manhunter could beat them by himself and so could Barry

I would have to disagree with Barry being able to beat them all 3 on his own.

No Caption Provided

But perhaps you two are right about the Martian Manhunter thing. I always interpreted that scene of him fighting the team as him being able to hold his own against them, not necessarily being able to defeat them.

No Caption Provided

I would also like to point out some feats by Supes and Wonder Woman in the New 52 (since Batman's abilities and strength levels really aren't different from pre-New 52):

I included the image of Wonder Woman kicking Superman because I think that Martian Manhunter and Superman are on a relatively equal level when it comes to raw strength.

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By dondave

@lcazt1996: Barry was playing around and that was five years ago, he's gained more abilities since then.

LCazT1996

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dondave said:

@lcazt1996: Barry was playing around and that was five years ago, he's gained more abilities since then.

Yeah but Superman's abilities have grown since then too. He can literally benchpress the Earth.

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dondave said:

Yeah but Superman's abilities have grown since then too. He can literally benchpress the Earth.

Strength does't mean anything if your opponent can phase through all of your attacks or send you to the Speed Force

LCazT1996

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By LCazT1996

@dondave said:
@lcazt1996 said:
@dondave said:

Strength does't mean anything if your opponent can phase through all of your attacks or send you to the Speed Force

But he is almost as fast as Flash is. It's proven he isn't as fast, but he is almost as fast, and definitely much stronger. Between those two powers combined, he would be able to beat him. Flash would be hurt from hitting him before he would be able hurt Supes.

FukYouRenchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@dondave said:
@lcazt1996 said:
@dondave said:

But he is almost as fast as Flash is. It's proven he isn't as fast, but he is almost as fast, and definitely much stronger. Between those two powers combined, he would be able to beat him. Flash would be hurt from hitting him before he would be able hurt Supes.

That is true but he would have to have all his attention on Flash and i doubt they are just going to let Flash go fight Superman alone. Hes going to either be fighting Flash & MMH or Flash & GL

Avatar image for norrinboltagonprime21
NorrinBoltagonPrime21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

JLA

LCazT1996

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lcazt1996 said:

@dondave said:
@lcazt1996 said:
@dondave said:

That is true but he would have to have all his attention on Flash and i doubt they are just going to let Flash go fight Superman alone. Hes going to either be fighting Flash & MMH or Flash & GL

True. Alright, so say Flash and Superman go at it and super-speed and then while he is focused on Flash, either MM or GL come in as back-up, so Superman's down. What about Wonder Woman? She is arguably stronger than Superman, Aquaman, and Martian Manhunter (not combined, mind you, but individually she is). And she's obviously stronger than Green Lantern, Flash and Green Arrow.

I think it would go something like:

Flash/Martian Manhunter vs. Superman (which I would say is still a relatively close fight)

Green Lantern & Aquaman vs. Wonder Woman

Which just leaves Green Arrow to fight Batman. And I think we all can agree that Batman will beat Ollie any day of the week. So once Ollie is down, Bats is free to support either of his teammates.

And since I would say that Flash/MM vs. Supes is a much closer fight, he would likely hop in there to help. And I doubt that MM/Flash could take on Superman/Batman. Which brings it down to The Trinity vs. GL and Aquaman who would likely be taken down.

But it could go in any number of directions. That's why I picked too close to call. Because while it might seem like "yeah, easy, JLA wins this one" I would have to disagree once you look at individual feats by the Trinity compared to the feats of the JLA group.

Bronze_Surfer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#12  Edited By Bronze_Surfer

Lets face it Batman is a non factor. Any one of the JLA aside from Green Arrow could one shot him. Flash takes batman to the speed force and returns back before the fight even begins. Martian Manhunter just being able to stand against the entire JLA proves to me atleast that he should be able to beat Superman or Wonder Woman if they are alone. It is not like they can really do anything he can just go intangible and spam martian vision while the others assist. I don't know any feats of strength for Martian Manhunter but I'll assume he is equal in strength to superman. He beats on superman with punches, martian vision and telapathy (if he has it idk) while avoiding all of superman's attacks. The rest are kepeing WW at bay. Than martian manhunter, flash, GL and Aquaman beat her together (Green arrow wont do anything really). I do belive they can beat the trinity.

LCazT1996

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lets face it Batman is a non factor. Any one of the JLA aside from Green Arrow could one shot him. Flash takes batman to the speed force and returns back before the fight even begins. Martian Manhunter just being able to stand against the entire JLA proves to me atleast that he should be able to beat Superman or Wonder Woman if they are alone. It is not like they can really do anything he can just go intangible and spam martian vision while the others assist. I don't know any feats of strength for Martian Manhunter but I'll assume he is equal in strength to superman. He beats on superman with punches, martian vision and telapathy (if he has it idk) while avoiding all of superman's attacks. The rest are kepeing WW at bay. Than martian manhunter, flash, GL and Aquaman beat her together (Green arrow wont do anything really). I do belive they can beat the trinity.

I'm not saying you're wrong, but I would just like to point out that Batman has fought Superman and defeated him with no prep time. So saying Batman is a non-factor is something I'd have to disagree with. And if Batman is such a nonfactor, why would they focus on getting him out of the picture first? They see Batman, Superman, and Wonder Woman ready to fight, wouldn't they want to focus on getting the more powerful two out of the way before even looking at Batman, who now has had a few minutes of prep time to think of ways to take down the Leaguers.

I'm not saying they would win, I'm just saying that he wouldn't be a "non-issue"

loseup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

just here to say this; everything changed in the new 52, so you have act like you have never seen their previous comics.

Bronze_Surfer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

@lcazt1996: ..... He did what now? Scans? Wasent he on venom? This is why i hate new 52

My onlt reason they would do that is so they dont end up hurting him in the cross fire. Martian Manhunter can KO him with TP. Green Lantern with a boxing glove construct ect.

TommyJones1945

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By TommyJones1945

Is this new52 or pre52. I think its important.

Jmarshmallow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lcazt1996: Batman has never beaten Superman in a "canon" encounter without prep time, and even with it the only argument that can be made is Tower of Babel.

Jmarshmallow

DeathandGrim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

While Bats has Tower of Babel feats, that was with prep, he's dead weight. Supes is really susceptible to mind control/rape, he got controlled by Ivy in Batman: Hush, MM is gonna rape him.

I don't see Diana doing so well alone.

Pokeysteve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

The JLA should win handily. Bruce and Ollie are non factors.

While Bats has Tower of Babel feats, that was with prep, he's dead weight. Supes is really susceptible to mind control/rape, he got controlled by Ivy in Batman: Hush, MM is gonna rape him.

These are New 52 versions. Your obsession with people being raped is also cause for concern lol.

Cable_Extreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

MM can basically solo, intangible with amazing TP. Yeah bad combo for the opposing team.

DeathandGrim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By DeathandGrim

@pokeysteve said:

The JLA should win handily. Bruce and Ollie are non factors.

@deathandgrim said:

These are New 52 versions. Your obsession with people being raped is also cause for concern lol.

I haven't dabbled in N52 much since I'm more building a base in the classics first (currently reading "Death and Cigarettes") Has N52 Supes resisted the likes of MM before?

Also I DO NOT have an obsession with rape... *walks away*

zr0c00l

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@deathandgrim: well after he was possesed by hector hammond in new 52 orion gave him a motherbox upgrade so he couldnt be mind controlled again....... Two or three issues later they said nuts to that and he is currently getting psi attacked by hive and once again hector hammond....... Come on dc keep it consistent.

DeathandGrim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By DeathandGrim

@zr0c00l: Lets not forget also how Trinity War started

Lets face it, Supes has less TP resistance than the Thing

TheSpeed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lcazt1996: Superman went Infinite speed...Before that(technically after since SA Sups went infinite speed) Batman said Sups could go at least 17x's the speed of light. Superman is definitely faster but in the comic the try to make it a "speed rivalry" between the two because it's a fun thing to see. If they actually told Sups is faster(which he is) it ruins a part of the Sups and Flash relationship.

No Caption Provided

the_red_viper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 the_red_viper  Moderator

@dondave said:

Five years ago? It's from one of the first issues of JL in the New 52, that's like 2 years ago.

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By dondave

@dondave said:

Five years ago? It's from one of the first issues of JL in the New 52, that's like 2 years ago.

Five Years Ago in their universe.

dorukesin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#27  Edited By dorukesin

MM Solos

kidman560

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 27

#28  Edited By kidman560

@dondave said:

@lcazt1996 said:

@dondave said:

i am 99% sure that Barry hasnt done the speed force in the New 52

darkseid1006

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By darkseid1006

GL creates kryptonite to take supes along with flash non stop punching him in his weekened state MM smears wonder women in seconds then its all on batman RIP trinity

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dondave said:

@lcazt1996 said:

@dondave said:

i am 99% sure that Barry hasnt done the speed force in the New 52

He used it in his battle against Gorilla Grodd, he sent him there and left him

Avatar image for ancient_0f_days
Ancient_0f_Days

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Barry solos/Martian Manhunter solos

If this were Pre-52.....they'd still solo

LCazT1996

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By LCazT1996

GL creates kryptonite to take supes along with flash non stop punching him in his weekened state MM smears wonder women in seconds then its all on batman RIP trinity

GL can't create kryptonite... He could create a green rock, but it wouldn't have the same effects as kryptonite..

darkseid1006

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By darkseid1006

@darkseid1006 said:

GL can't create kryptonite... He could create a green rock, but it wouldn't have the same effects as kryptonite.. power rings can create any form of radiation supes dosnt stand a chance he was able to do something when it was just one but with flash on him too he'd be down within seconds sorry about making you look bad :)

darkseid1006

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By darkseid1006

@lcazt1996 said:

@darkseid1006 said:

GL can't create kryptonite... He could create a green rock, but it wouldn't have the same effects as kryptonite.. power rings can create any form of radiation supes dosnt stand a chance he was able to do something when it was just one but with flash on him too he'd be down within seconds sorry about making you look bad :)

oops last bit came out like a insult did not mean that my bad

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By dondave

@darkseid1006 said:

GL can't create kryptonite... He could create a green rock, but it wouldn't have the same effects as kryptonite..

Green Lanterns have Matter Manipulation, Kyle created Kryptonite before

cyborgzod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The JLA team is too much for the Trinity. The Martian might solo.

Avatar image for captnmcdeadpool
captnmcdeadpool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This isn't a contest...the trinity go down hard

LCazT1996

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dondave said:

@lcazt1996 said:

@darkseid1006 said:

I have never seen a Green Lantern create Kryptonite before. And that image up above is a cover.

Avatar image for wavemotioncannon
WaveMotionCannon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

JLA ,trinity is overrated

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By dondave

@dondave said:

@lcazt1996 said:

@darkseid1006 said:

I have never seen a Green Lantern create Kryptonite before. And that image up above is a cover.

darkseid1006

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dondave said:

@lcazt1996 said:

@darkseid1006 said:

yeah but in the comic supes remembered lanterns where week to anything yellow so he through his cape over and one shotted him but with flash beating him that aint gonna happen

ColaNicole

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By ColaNicole

Team 2 wins. Batman actually being the weakest link. Martian Manhunter didn't defeat the league, that splash just showed that he could hold them off, who knows what would happen next. I still rate Supers over MM in terms of combat.

MAZAHS117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Justice League

bunt947

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Barry solos/Martian Manhunter solos

If this were Pre-52.....they'd still solo

Avatar image for lone_wolf_and_cub
Lone_Wolf_and_Cub

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

J'onn J'onnz solos.

LCazT1996

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By LCazT1996

I don't see how anyone can argue that Barry can solo the Trinity, but whatever.

BatBro15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By BatBro15

Batman solos:)

Avatar image for thetruebarryallen
TheTrueBarryAllen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points