JLA vs The ENTIRE Star Wars Universe

• 76 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

progenitorigin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#51  Edited By progenitorigin

The Fettman solo's.  Not really, but i'd like to see him do that.
Silver2467

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#52  Edited By Silver2467
@nick_hero22 said:

@Silver2467
Superman capable of heating up a entire planet with his heat vision.

Again, let me know when he destroys a planet with his heat vision.
m0ntyb0y

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53  Edited By m0ntyb0y
@Silver2467 said:  
"This is just absurd. Blitz tens of thousands of speedsters with precog, clairvoyance, prep, and willigness to pool their energies? Come one now. Even if what you described was true, many characters would not even be defeated by a speedblitz. Several of them can exist or already do exist purely as a spirit. That hardly affords room for a physical assault, much less one so unlikely to be used anyway. And the likelihood for them to be able to blitz everyone before experiencing a counterattack does not benefit the JLA either. So not only is there a very slim odd it would be attempted, it would fail anyway."

thank god I'm not the only one with some common sense...
do fanboys actually think that the entire Star Wars galaxy can't come up with a way to defeat the JLA?  
think about 1) the advanced tech level in SW, 2) all the Force users, 3) the fact that while the JLA is busy in one part of the galaxy, other parts of the galaxy will be prepping 

"Jedi running out of energy as a result of performing heavy tasks has happened. So what? The JLA have burned themselves out as a result of performing heavy tasks as well."

they'll burn themselves out before completing 0.01% of their task
taking on a galaxy as advanced as the SW galaxy is too monumental a task for the 10 members of the JLA...it's logistically impossible
what JLA fanboys are essentially claiming is that Superman solos, absolutely ridiculous 
nick_hero22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54  Edited By nick_hero22
@Silver2467
I believe it is possible for him to destroy it with his heat vision, but since Superman has morals he will never do anything like that.
TDK_1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 153

User Lists: 13

#55  Edited By TDK_1997  Online
@JediXMan said:
They don't even need prep. The Bedlam Spirits alone could win this.
lantian1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By lantian1
@Silver2467: Precognition is not an exact science for a Jedi as proven when acting upon the vision they don't always get the desired outcome
 Yoda states the future is always in motion

Palpatine as a spirit form would no more be able to get through Hal Jordan's shields than he could with his hands.

I find it debateable that Palpatine could defeat Superman in a battle of wills. Superman has shrugged off posession before

Superman has been knocked out by a supernova. Sith have created supernova before but by pulling matter away from a sun and not having anyway to survive other than not be there. Green Lanterns have shielded themselves from super nova's

Vast majority of Jedi would be incapable of stopping a speed blitz.

Superman's heatvision is hotter than the sun and can't be calculated by scientists.
Silver2467

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By Silver2467
@lantian1 said:
@Silver2467: Precognition is not an exact science for a Jedi as proven when acting upon the vision they don't always get the desired outcome  Yoda states the future is always in motion  
No, Farseeing, Vision, and Sense are not exact sciences. Precognition is a combat-based ability and has never been wrong. This is not even addressing that dark siders proficient in the ability of Darksight would be correct 100% of the time. Besides, you honestly expect me to believe that with the success rate Force sensitives have had in predicting events, choices, and outcomes, it would not be useful in a prep match? Even were we to establish that it would be of no use for any individual Force sensitive (which is a vast overestimation of Yoda's quote), how would it not prove efficient with thousands of Force sensitives peering into the reaches of space, time, and intention? It makes no sense for that many Force sensitives with that much time to fail when they are that proficient in their powers.  

Palpatine as a spirit form would no more be able to get through Hal Jordan's shields than he could with his hands. I find it debateable that Palpatine could defeat Superman in a battle of wills. Superman has shrugged off posession before 
Yes, he would. Sith spirits are intangible, and Hal would never even be aware of his transference unless Sidious specifically allows it. Even Force sensitives are unable to detect Sith Essences and Jedi spirits through the Force, and their perceptions are channeled exactly for detection of that nature. And, yes, he could dominate Superman in a battle of wills. Palpatine's will has subjugated the wills of billions on Byss. He has also possessed one of his Hands, Jeng Droga. Superman has been influenced by far less potent wills and minds. If Palpatine intends to possess him, he will. If he or any of the others decide to control Superman's mind in any fashion, they can. I can name at least seven or eight telepaths off the top of my head Clark has been manipulated by. He has no hope against telepaths capable of affecting masses ranging from thousands to billions. 

Superman has been knocked out by a supernova. 
He has also been knocked out by planet busting explosions. Besides, Naga Sadow or Exar Kun could just use the Corsair, or any Imperial could use the Sun Crusher and initiate ten supernovas all at once, for all it matters. So your point is irrelevant. 

Sith have created supernova before but by pulling matter away from a sun and not having anyway to survive other than not be there. Green Lanterns have shielded themselves from super nova's  
Where are you even going with this? Are you trying to tell me that with all of the superweapons created before that can rupture stars that they would be unusable here?    

And I know what GL shields are capable of. They are not capable of preventing a Lantern's life force from being siphoned out of them by use of Force Drain or any superweapon with such effect (the Dark Reaper). They are not capable of shielding a Lantern from a dozen supernovas simultaneously. They are not capable of banishing spirits. They are not capable of resisting matter/energy/time/space/reality manipulation as from the Bedlam spirits.

Vast majority of Jedi would be incapable of stopping a speed blitz.   
Let's pretend this is true. Let's also pretend that the JLA's first course of action would be an uninterrupted, nonstop speedblitz. Let's pretend that every Star Wars character will wait patiently for them to kill every physical being they encounter. And let's pretend that the EU characters did not setup any prepared particle or deflector shields or superweapons. I could grant you all of that, and it would still mean nothing. The JLA are utterly and totally without a proper means of dispelling or casting out spirits who oppose them. Sith like Marka Ragnos, Freedon Nadd, Darth Nihilus, and Darth Sidious would be invulnerable to them. The Bedlam spirits would be unscathed by any conceivable tactic the JLA could employ. This means that the very best the JLA could hope to do is stalemate this battle. That is pretending that every single outlying protocol set in operation from the SW party for this fight was null and void. Fact is, Bedlam spirits and Sith spirits (and on occasion, Jedi spirits as well, since Vodo-Siosk Baas and Callista have operated as spirits before and contended and countered threats while in that form) can wreck the JLA on their own. The JLA has no defense for these characters, no matter how you want to hyperbolize their abilities or undersell the SW character's abilities. It makes no difference. They still lose. 

Superman's heatvision is hotter than the sun and can't be calculated by scientists.
Again, let's pretend Superman's heat vision is planet-busting (not that it is, since this has never even been suggested much less proven), it still amounts to absolutely nothing. He still loses. Superman could have the strength to tow a dozen planets on a chain and super breath that could move stars for all it matters. He still loses.  

Seriously, just stop. Your case is being constructed out of incredible ignorance of the matter at hand, and to be perfectly honest, I am tired of humoring your arguments. Study the characters before commenting. However you decompose this, it is an incredible spite match in favor of the SW universe. 
difficlus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By difficlus

Haha love how SIlver is schooling these fanboys. 

lantian1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By lantian1

You do realize the suncrusher can't unleash a dozen super novas

The very design of the suncrusher's weapon system requires a star to destroy in order to create a super nova. Do you know any solar systems with a dozen suns that could all reach superman at once

Silver2467

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By Silver2467
@lantian1 said:
You do realize the suncrusher can't unleash a dozen super novas  The very design of the suncrusher's weapon system requires a star to destroy in order to create a super nova. Do you know any solar systems with a dozen suns that could all reach superman at once
The Sun Crusher unleashed five supernovas at once before. Tell me why it would be unable to unleash a dozen. All it has to do is fire its missile into the star and wait for the chain reaction to cause the star to explode. 

And actually, yes, there are sectors in the EU where there are clusters of stars. The Cron Cluster is the most famous, which was constituted of ten stars. The Sith alchemical technology aboard the Corsair was used to manipulate these stars into collapsing all at once during the Great Sith War in what became known as the Cron Supernova.  

There are other clusters with multiple stars. 

I also like how you conveniently dodged the bulk of my post. Since you have no refutation for the majority of my points, I think this discussion is over.
alcoholbob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By alcoholbob
@lantian1 said:
His heat vision is probable more powerful than the death stars beam.
His pathetic heat vision is nowhere close to the death star beam.
Timandm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#62  Edited By Timandm

I SOOO want to see those teddy bears (Ewoks) kicking the snot out of Super Man...

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#63  Edited By the_stegman  Moderator

....can't Yoda alone defeat half of this JLA?

Deadcool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 35

#64  Edited By Deadcool
@the darknessss said:

he solos for sure.

WTF!!! HAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHHAHAH!!! LOL!
primordialooze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By primordialooze
@Silver2467: i agree with almost everything you said but i just wanted to address 2 things.  i know that superman has been ko'd by planetery explosions but he's survived them more often then not and has survived supernovas. that doesnt mean that the death star cant ko him but superman being ko'd by planet busting seems less consistent then him not being ko'd by them.
as far planet destroying superman has been able to cover the entire planet with his heat vision before in an attempt to just heat it up, my guess is that if he was going all out then he probably could of fried the entire earth with it.  again, that doesnt mean his heat vision is more powerful then the death stars primarly lazer but i think if supes really wanted to bake a planet that he could.
Silver2467

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By Silver2467
@primordialooze: My posts were not structured to give any implication that Superman could not survive a planet-busting explosion, just that he could be rendered unconscious by one as has been demonstrated before. To be perfectly honest, I have never seen an example of him withstanding a planet-busting explosion perfectly unharmed, and in most cases, it seems he is incapacitated by them. Supernovas have proven able to knock out Superman before; there is more than one superweapon with such destructive capacity. Even simple planet-busting superweapons (Death Star, Death Star II, Galaxy Gun, Eye of Palpatine, Darksaber, etc.) would be sufficient to injure Superman at the bare minimum. However, when taking into account the method by which some of these stations operate and actually perform their planet destroying power, it is plausible he could be beaten by them. The Galaxy Gun, for instance, destroys planets by firing a missile that enters hyperspace to reach a planet in any section of the galaxy, has deflector shields that have repelled fire from multiple ships unhindered, and then connects with a celestial body, triggering a nucleonic chain reaction that essentially bursts every molecule in the planet's mass, tearing the world apart. I see no substantial reason this would fail against Superman. 
You also have to consider scales of power. "Planet-busting" is a fairly loose and undescriptive term. Not all planets are equal in mass and composition. For instance, Alderaan, according to the Essential Atlas, has a roughly equal diameter to earth, and its terrain is similar as well. The original Death Star destroyed that planet. So supposing Superman could handle a planet-busting blast of a magnitude on the scale of earth (which I may concede given his durability feats of flying into stars and black holes and comparisons that could be drawn between him and other characters in his durability class), he may be able to resist that. However, Byss is considerably larger than earth is, and the Galaxy Gun eliminated it. Supposing that Superman does have durability on a level necessary to tank planet-busting, a world more immense than earth should be out of his league. Even more, the second Death Star had twice the firepower of the first. He could never handle that. To be honest, superweapons such as the Death Star are designed to eradicate planets. Mass, composition, structure, and other related details of the planet's integrity are to be accounted for. The Death Star's primary laser should be able to blow up a planet greater than Alderaan, were the situation to arise, and I call into question the idea that Superman could be impacted with that force and remain undamaged enough to continue fighting. 

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided
Now pertaining to Superman's heat vision destroying planets, heating up a planet is hardly proof of that. I have not read the comic in which this happened myself; so I do not have the full context of it. However, from what I surmise, expanding the blast radius of his heat vision to the extent that it covers an entire world spreads the concentrated energy itself very thin. It basically exasperates the heat as it is subtracting power from each smaller stream and moves it out farther and farther. Besides, all he did was heat up a planet. He was not causing it any catastrophic damage or anything of the sort. In fact, if anything, considering that all life on it would have to be preserved, then the heat is not very powerful anyway, in which case, again, this does not indicate that he could scorch a planet to dust using his heat vision.
m0ntyb0y

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By m0ntyb0y

wow, I'm not even a Star Wars fan, and I find this thread ridiculous 

over half the JLA members in that picture would be useless baggage
Batman couldn't even take out Boba Fett

Silver2467

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By Silver2467
@The Stegman said:

....can't Yoda alone defeat half of this JLA?

Basically. Yoda can beat Batman, Black Canary, Vixen, Roy, Hawkgirl, and Red Tornado. Not sure about Black Lightning though; I just am not knowledgeable enough on him to say. Hal, Superman, and Diana could beat him.   

Sad part though is that Yoda is not the most powerful character on the SW side.
Freefa11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By Freefa11
@lantian1: The Death Star has been calculated at around 1 million times the minimum power needed to destroy the earth, so actually no, Superman has never tanked anything like that. Not even the supernova would have compared, since Superman's small size means he would actually only be taking an incredibly miniscule percentage of its overall power, whereas the DS superlaser is a directed beam, so depending on its cross-sectional area, he would take a significantly larger percentage of its total power (possibly all of it; I really have no idea how wide the actual beam is). 

Superman's heat vision being "incalculable" was a statement given by a news reporter. It is idiotic and makes no physical sense at all, meaning the reporter either didn't know what she was talking about, or was just making stuff up to sensationalize it. 

I don't know why people think that Superman can set his heat vision on wide-beam with no extra effort compared to his normal heat vision. I think it should be pretty obvious that heating something the size of the earth would require a lot more energy than heating something the size of a person, which seems closer to his normal heat vision range. It's not like all that extra power will just magically come from nowhere, he's just spreading out what he can normally generate over an absolutely enormous area. 

Plus, there's a contradiction in that issue. When Superman fires his heat vision, it says he is only something like 100,000 km away from the earth, yet the image shows him being much further away than the moon. 

The whole thing really reads like a fanboy's wet-dream of Superman easily doing ridiculous over-the-top feats. 

Edit: My bad, it's called a "Cannibal Planet," not a Sun Eater. It just happens to eat suns too. Superman still stops it with ridiculous ease. The distance given was also 200,000 miles, not 100,000 km, but it is still well within the moon's orbit, which is the problem. 

It's in Adventures of Superman 620 for anyone who wants to look it up for themselves.
LordStoop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By LordStoop

So the JLA vs an entire Universe. this is a spite thread.
Even if supes and the gang could speedblitz a couple of people, an Universe is just to vast.
At lightspeed it would take you years to reach a next star. and there are bilions of bilions of stars.
So it would take to long to speedblitz a Universe.
Supes would die of old age long before he could blitz even a tiny fraction(matt) of a fraction of the Universe.

JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#71  Edited By JediXMan  Moderator

Can we let this thread die? It's clearly spite and this has been proven more times that necessary.

m0ntyb0y

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By m0ntyb0y
@LordStoop: well someone's gonna argue that the JLA commandeer Star Wars space ships, zip around the Star Wars galaxy and beat everyone up
JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#73  Edited By JediXMan  Moderator
@m0ntyb0y said:
@LordStoop: well someone's gonna argue that the JLA commandeer Star Wars space ships, zip around the Star Wars galaxy and beat everyone up
Uh-huh.

Ending this with two scans: 

That right there is Palpatine. First scan he's destroying the Eclipse, which is the size of a slamm fleet (larger than Star Destroyers). Second one he's destroying a Rebel fleet.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
Freefa11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74  Edited By Freefa11
@Fetts said:
Fight takes place on a massive planet where everybody is.

Wait... how the hell are we putting the entire Star Wars Universe onto a single planet? I think something like this would probably cause the SWU to almost instantly collapse into a black hole under its own weight, taking the JLA with it.
Avatar image for ninjawarrior268
NinjaWarrior268

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 3

Justice League

Vertigo-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers