• 124 results
willpayton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By willpayton

A super-advanced alien race has been watching DC Earth and decided to do some experiments to see who is the most powerful. To do this they have set up a gladiator-style battle to see whether the Flashes or the JLA are the most powerful fighting team. They have also set up some rules to make sure everything is fair. Who will win... lets find out!

JLA Team

• Superman
  • Hal Jordan
  • Wonder Woman
  • Aquaman

vs

Team Flash

• Wally West
  • Barry Allen
  • Jay Garrick
  • Bart Allen

Rules:

• Everyone is Pre-52
  • Battle on alien planet with Sun-like star
  • Both teams have 30 seconds to plan strategy and get their defenses ready, shields up, etc
  • Flashes are NOT ALLOWED to steal or lend speed
  • No one is allowed to go/fly above 30 feet from the surface of the planet
  • No BFR allowed
  • No PIS
  • Win by KO or death

Which team wins this?

Avatar image for deactivated-60fae469e992f
deactivated-60fae469e992f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This is a MASSIVE stomp, Zoom has, on panel, stomped two of these four(Superman and Wonder Woman) with relative ease. Putting two people who can beat him and two others that can at least contend with him on the same team vs This team is spite

haoalchemist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

LOL

cyborgzod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

JLA team if they fight smart

Badassporkchop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Badassporkchop

Flashes easily take out Poor GL. Then Jay Garrick goes down. Barry, Bart and Wally vs Diana, Clark, and Arthur. Decent fight, none of them could compete with them on a speed level but Diana being a great strategist could hold her own. Superman doesn't have too much too counter that kind of speed. So Superman goes down. Aquaman could summon a tidal wave which would slow them if he kept the place flooded. But not enough. Diana could take Bart and Wally. So then it's Barry vs Arthur and Diana. Barry has an amazing connection to the speed force. However it wouldn't be enough. With some relentless attacking from the two of them WW and Aquaman take it.

(Don't mistake what I said, I don't think Aquaman and WW are more capable than Superman. But in this particular fight Superman would be taken down. In general though Superman over Diana and Arthur.)

willpayton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Flashes easily take out Poor GL.

Not sure you're giving Hal enough credit. His versatility is the best here by far. He can turn intangible, which is a problem for the Flashes, not to mention invisibility. His shields are extremely tough. He can make almost anything he can think of from constructs. In fact I can think of many things he can do that would make life hard for the Flashes.

Josh-Ranaldo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Josh-Ranaldo

Superman lifts the entire continent that all the speedsters are on and throws them into the sun.

Kingant27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Kingant27

Flash's could win here IMO.

Josh-Ranaldo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@decaf_wizard: your laughable, Were does Zoom defeat Superman / wonder woman ? show me ?

Josh-Ranaldo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Josh-Ranaldo

Superman hits zoom.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

willpayton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for christianrapper
christianrapper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This is a MASSIVE stomp, Zoom has, on panel, stomped two of these four(Superman and Wonder Woman) with relative ease. Putting two people who can beat him and two others that can at least contend with him on the same team vs This team is spite

he has also gotten beaten to a pulp by those same characters with relative ease.

Josh-Ranaldo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

You will never win a debate on this forum ,most peeps believe any speedster is a god .

RealityWarper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#19  Edited By RealityWarper

JLA.

Badassporkchop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@willpayton:

Plenty of respect for GL and I do believe in credit where credit is due. As a matter of fact I take back the word easily. However did you see when 1 flash took out quite a few GLs (including Hal Jordan) think about what 4 Flashes could do to one Hal Jordan.

oceanmaster21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#21  Edited By oceanmaster21

ww is the only threat besides her,flashes win

willpayton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By willpayton

@badassporkchop said:

@willpayton:

Plenty of respect for GL and I do believe in credit where credit is due. As a matter of fact I take back the word easily. However did you see when 1 flash took out quite a few GLs (including Hal Jordan) think about what 4 Flashes could do to one Hal Jordan.

I'm not familiar with that event. Do you have scans? It could well have been PIS or just that they caught the GLs off guard. That happens all the time in comics since people are not going all out all the time... nor would it make for good stories if they did. Without PIS and starting with some small prep (like in this battle), a top GL can do a lot against a speedster. Off the top of my head:

-create a zero-friction construct covering the ground all around the battle area... speedsters wont be able to move, and if they do wont be able to stop

-wrap them in a construct that doesnt allow air to come in... suffocation

-create a construct of spikes all around your body like a porcupine... they cant get close at speed without impaling themselves

-turn intangible... they cant hit you

-turn invisible... they cant see you

-create multiple construct copies of yourself all over the place... they wont know which one you are

-create an army of construct to fight for you (Hal, John, and Kyle have done this on different occasions)

-flood the battle area with construct fire, plasma (think surface of the Sun), radiation, or any other such thing that will kill normal humans within seconds but do nothing to himself... instant death to any speedster in the area without superhuman durability

I can keep going, but those are just what I thought of in a couple of minutes. GLs are very versatile and the top ones like Hal have demonstrated that they can handle almost any situation. I'm not saying who I think wins here, just that you cant rule Hal out so easily... and I could even see him soloing in a fight against this team of Flashes if he played his cards right. Any couple of the above tactics if done together could do the trick.

MasterKungFu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 11

team 2

Josh-Ranaldo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Team 1 stomps

willpayton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No one is mentioning Aquaman's TP. I thought that might be a factor.

Josh-Ranaldo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@leo-343: listen up flash fanboy , Superman will decapitate them all , he cannot be harmed.

Josh-Ranaldo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Josh-Ranaldo

@leo-343: lol you angry ? Show me were a speedster knocks him out ..He can take alot more damage that any of these weaklings can dish out.

Josh-Ranaldo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@leo-343: You do that , flash still get's owned and there goes your god.

reaverlation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@badassporkchop said:

Flashes easily take out Poor GL.

Not sure you're giving Hal enough credit. His versatility is the best here by far. He can turn intangible, which is a problem for the Flashes, not to mention invisibility. His shields are extremely tough. He can make almost anything he can think of from constructs. In fact I can think of many things he can do that would make life hard for the Flashes.

What constructs can Hal make to stop someone like Wally when he has shown to easily destroy constructs from Kyle and Alan?Hal's intangibility is fodder to someone like Wally.Especially when his control over molecules is superior to that of Martian Manhunter.

@josh-ranaldo said:

Superman hits zoom.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Not to mention:

No Caption Provided

Not a serious Zoom.Especially when Zoom not going all out is too fast for an amped Wally West.

@badassporkchop said:

@willpayton:

I'm not familiar with that event. Do you have scans? It could well have been PIS or just that they caught the GLs off guard. That happens all the time in comics since people are not going all out all the time... nor would it make for good stories if they did. Without PIS and starting with some small prep (like in this battle), a top GL can do a lot against a speedster. Off the top of my head:

-create a zero-friction construct covering the ground all around the battle area... speedsters wont be able to move, and if they do wont be able to stop

-wrap them in a construct that doesnt allow air to come in... suffocation

-create a construct of spikes all around your body like a porcupine... they cant get close at speed without impaling themselves

-turn intangible... they cant hit you

-turn invisible... they cant see you

-create multiple construct copies of yourself all over the place... they wont know which one you are

-create an army of construct to fight for you (Hal, John, and Kyle have done this on different occasions)

-flood the battle area with construct fire, plasma (think surface of the Sun), radiation, or any other such thing that will kill normal humans within seconds but do nothing to himself... instant death to any speedster in the area without superhuman durability

I can keep going, but those are just what I thought of in a couple of minutes. GLs are very versatile and the top ones like Hal have demonstrated that they can handle almost any situation. I'm not saying who I think wins here, just that you cant rule Hal out so easily... and I could even see him soloing in a fight against this team of Flashes if he played his cards right. Any couple of the above tactics if done together could do the trick.

Wally has shown to run in space with no effort.Not a problem

Easily vibrate through the construct or destroy it

Again, go intangible

Wally can turn invisible as well and move so fast that the JLA won't register Wally

Still not a problem for Wally

Wally has durability on Superman's level and can easily heal himself at Wolverine level speed

In fact, if this is in character, then this match is almost pointless as the characters involved would be very hesistant on hurting each other.If you didn't Nerf the flashes, and if Morals were off, then the Flashes would've stomped

KCMinato

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

team 2

TheGrayGhost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By TheGrayGhost

The number of bizarre, uneducated and simply foolish posts regarding Zoom on these forums are reaching ridiculous levels

The first scan?

Thats PROFESSOR ZOOM. Eobard Thawne

The second one where Hal snags him? That's ZOOM. Hunter Zolomon

Not to mention even if we went ahead and said that their speed was one and the same , the first scan simply contradicts the second

In the Sinestro Corps War special, Zolomon after blitzing Supes, Diana and Bats gets caught from behind by Hal ( he vibrates out of that anyway) .

This means, ignoring how this isnt anything beyond " guy who otherwise has feats for struggling to match people specifically approaching lightspeed ( his ring outright tells him so) managing to tag a dude who makes Wally west look like a statue", that now from this feat Hal is blitz fast on superman

The second feat which delightfully clips the first half of the page in half , has Hal getting blitzed by thawne ...in the first half of the page

This means , ignoring how " guy who gets left in the dust by Barry manages to tag a dude who is explicitly faster than Barry" , Superman is blitz fast on Hal

So which is it? Superman makes Hal look like a statue or vice versa?

If people are going to start with rubbish arguements , that should at least stay consistent to said rubbish

And now this thread is sure to degenrate into " Wally west is an unbeatable god lol!" .In fact it has already started , couple of comments ago

Yes, Wally is stupid fast. Yes this gives him a win in most cases, probably this one too. No this does not mean " he has durability on *superman level*" or whatever nonsense is being peddled about

And almost certainly , at some point we are going to hear about Wally beating the Anti Monitor, countered probably by Hal blasting Krona or some such rubbish , or whatever threads involving Wally and Hal ( Comicvines latest god these days) are degenerating into , these days

willpayton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Dratini1331

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@josh-ranaldo said:

Superman hits zoom.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Not to mention:

No Caption Provided

I already debunked both these today.

The league has failed miserably every time they've tried to catch the Reverse Flashes, and Jay Gerrick has 1v1'd Black Adam. Flashes should win, Bart and Aquaman are arguably not relevant.

willpayton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The league has failed miserably every time they've tried to catch the Reverse Flashes, and Jay Gerrick has 1v1'd Black Adam. Flashes should win, Bart and Aquaman are arguably not relevant.

The Reverse Flashes are not in this fight. Black Adam is not in this fight.

How do the Flashes deal with Aquaman's TP?

How do they deal with GL if he's invisible?

How do they deal with area-of-effect attacks from GL?

Avatar image for midnightdragon18
midnightdragon18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wally and barry can take it

Adding bart and jay makes this a stomp

Badassporkchop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By Badassporkchop

@willpayton:

I wish I could provide scans but I don't know how and I'm on my phone because I don't have a computer. (Haven't for like 6 years lol)

TheGrayGhost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Jay Garrick has never beaten Black Adam 1v1. He has in fact lost every single time he has gone up against him

Chazz85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Flashes to fast and to many.

Badassporkchop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@willpayton:

Also all speedsters have a strong connection to the speed force. Which would be a large advantage over GL seeing as he is the slowest of the 4. Also by vibrating his molecules fast enough he can slow down time in what I believe is called the speed zone. Also trapping them wouldn't work as I'm pretty sure all of them can phase through objects (including constructs). I do take back the easily part but GL would get overwhelmed and since he doesn't have superhuman endurance they would take him down.

Dratini1331

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The Reverse Flashes are not in this fight. Black Adam is not in this fight.

How do the Flashes deal with Aquaman's TP?

How do they deal with GL if he's invisible?

How do they deal with area-of-effect attacks from GL?

Then you shouldn't bring them up, as the feats clearly show that the JL is not good enough to tag them in a straight fight when put into context. The feats are worthless as far as any semblance of saying they have a chance of tagging these characters. Superman is at best as fast as Jay, Barry and Wally demolish him in speed. Black Adam clearly demonstrates that Jay is vastly superior to what others are saying.

Flashes are largely immune to most TP unless caught off guard. Their thoughts can be sped up to prevent TP. Allen has used it against Grodd before.

You're limiting the environment to a relatively small area against 4 of the fastest people in the multiverse. This also assume GL abandons his teammates, isn't in character since we already know Pre-52 Hal's plan for Barry (which is straight up stupid).

The same way most people usually do, tank them or remove the ring, both of which are entirely viable against Hal. You've given flashes a relatively huge amount of prep time, and have given the other team a relatively weak means of dealing with them. The only character capable of standing up to them is potentially Hal, but I question his tactics too much for him to actually make something of his powers.

ancient_god

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Flashes