• 108 results
willpayton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By willpayton

JLA: Aquaman, Hal Jordan, Batman w/ Insider Suit, Martian Manhunter, Superman, Wonder Woman

vs

Brute Squad: Abomination, DoS Doomsday, General Eiling, Hulk, Lobo, She-Hulk, Solomon Grundy, The Thing

Standard pre-52 versions of all characters.

Despero gathers a group of brutes to pound the Justice League into a bloody pulp. He mentally controls them into doing his bidding, and the fight is on.

Rules: Brutes are bloodlusted, JLA is in-character. TP wont work on Brutes because of the mental control from Despero. No prep, no BFR. Win by KO or death (single death for Doomsday).

Who wins?

Avatar image for New_World_Order
New_World_Order

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By New_World_Order

Aquaman is outclassed, only person he can be close to is She-Hulk, but even she stomps her. What can Batman in insider suit do?

comic_book_fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By comic_book_fan

the brutes win

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By jashro44

@ThunderGodsWrath said:

Aquaman is outclassed, only person he can be close to is She-Hulk, but even she stomps her. What can Batman in insider suit do?

He has a better chance against the thing then he does she hulk. Not sure if either of those 2 would stomp him.

Also depends on which grundy. He would stomp some versions of grundy.

If the brutes can counter martian manhunter they can win. All though I favor the JLA due to speed.

New_World_Order

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By New_World_Order

@jashro44 said:

@ThunderGodsWrath said:

He has a better chance against the thing then he does she hulk. Not sure if either of those 2 would stomp him.

Also depends on which grundy. He would stomp some versions of grundy.

If the brutes can counter martian manhunter they can win.

Oh yeah, didn't see Thing. maybe not stomp, but he isn't beating anyone here.

I agree

thestarguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By thestarguy

Actually, Wonder Woman's magic lasso should work on all of these except for Doomsday, and possibly Solomon Grundy and "Shaggy Man" Eiling. All of the other's have enough of a brain to be controlled by it, even blood-lusted by Despero. She might even be able to turn Hulk back to Banner using only her lasso. The 3 hardest to KO would be Lobo, Shaggy Eiling & Doomsday. The only real problem for a potential JLA win is Doomsday. But how does an in-character JLA beat Doomsday?

Doctordark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Doctordark

Brute Squad ftw

willpayton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By willpayton

@ThunderGodsWrath said:

Batman with the Insider Suit can access several abilities each for a short period of time until it can recharge. Basically, read about it here:

http://batman.wikia.com/wiki/Insider_Suit

I'd imagine that while the suit requires recharging to continue to use its powers, in this situation he might be able to rely on GL for the occasional recharge blast from the ring.

Avatar image for petey_is_spidey
Petey_is_Spidey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#9  Edited By Petey_is_Spidey

Doomsday, Hulk, and Despero could solo.

willpayton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By willpayton

@Petey_is_Spidey said:

Despero's not in the fight. =) He's only controlling the squad into fighting for him.

Avatar image for lone_wolf_and_cub
Lone_Wolf_and_Cub

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Team Brutes.

reikai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By reikai

Just put in Andre the Giant. They all lose cause none of'em know how to do things "Sportsman-like". ^_^ 

New_World_Order

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By New_World_Order

@WillPayton said:

@ThunderGodsWrath said:

Batman with the Insider Suit can access several abilities each for a short period of time until it can recharge. Basically, read about it here:

http://batman.wikia.com/wiki/Insider_Suit

I'd imagine that while the suit requires recharging to continue to use its powers, in this situation he might be able to rely on GL for the occasional recharge blast from the ring.

Thanks

@Petey_is_Spidey said:

No one is soloing.

willpayton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By willpayton

Avatar image for allstarsuperman
AllStarSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#15  Edited By AllStarSuperman  Online

@comic_book_fan said:

the JLA win

fixed

comic_book_fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By comic_book_fan

@AllStarSuperman: lol hardly doomesday beat everyone on the jla on his own then you give him help and the numbers game it's a stomp.

AllStarSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By AllStarSuperman  Online

@comic_book_fan said:

@AllStarSuperman: lol hardly doomesday beat everyone on the jla on his own then you give him help and the numbers game it's a stomp.

in 1993, they have way more feats now

thestarguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By thestarguy

The more I think about this, If Doomsday is here and the JLA fights in character, the "brutes" will win. He can't be quickly defeated, even by Superman and Eiling, Hulk & Lobo can go-mano-a-mano with any of the others and win in a purely physical fight. The others are insurance.

Avatar image for ultrasupertrooper
UltraSuperTrooper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The insider suit never did much for me. It always seemed overrated. The brutes are just to strong and durable I think they should take majority.

Evil-Incarnate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Evil-Incarnate

The only real threats are Doomsday, Eiling and Lobo. Hmmm...I'll give it to the JLA 7/10 they have versatility with their powerset.

Shawnbaby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Shawnbaby

The Insider Suit is worthless here. Batman can't hurt any of the Brutes with it.

thestarguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By thestarguy

@Evil Incarnate said:

The only real threats are Doomsday, Eiling and Lobo. Hmmm...I'll give it to the JLA 7/10 they have versatility with their powerset.

I agree that these are the big threats, but Grundy is also important because, as a zombie, he's unaffected by much of the JLA's best options, like Wonder Woman's lasso. And Thing, She-Hulk and Lobo are all smart, strategic fighters as well, not only just strong. All of the JLA heavy weights will be tied up fighting for their lives. Either Doomsday or Eiling are capable of battling the entire JLA to a standstill. Actually an interesting fight.

willpayton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By willpayton

@comic_book_fan said:

Doomsday beat the JLA at the time, which was much weaker than this lineup. There was no Hal Jordan or Wonder Woman fighting against DD. Also, the league he fought had no idea who it was up against. These guys wont make that mistake, and Superman will know better than to hold back. Yes, Superman normally holds back in-character, but he doesnt hold back against threats like Doomsday and Darkseid, whom he knows can take his best shots.

AllStarSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By AllStarSuperman  Online

@WillPayton said:

@comic_book_fan said:

Doomsday beat the JLA at the time, which was much weaker than this lineup. There was no Hal Jordan or Wonder Woman fighting against DD. Also, the league he fought had no idea who it was up against. These guys wont make that mistake, and Superman will know better than to hold back. Yes, Superman normally holds back in-character, but he doesnt hold back against threats like Doomsday and Darkseid, whom he knows can take his best shots.

exactly

Evil-Incarnate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Evil-Incarnate

@thestarguy said:

@Evil Incarnate said:

I agree that these are the big threats, but Grundy is also important because, as a zombie, he's unaffected by much of the JLA's best options, like Wonder Woman's lasso. And Thing, She-Hulk and Lobo are all smart, strategic fighters as well, not only just strong. All of the JLA heavy weights will be tied up fighting for their lives. Either Doomsday or Eiling are capable of battling the entire JLA to a standstill. Actually an interesting fight.

Yes they can battle the JLA when they're all fighting like idiots. In such a serious fight they'd utilize their speed better and attempt to deal with the larger threats as quickly and efficiently as possible.

@WillPayton said:

@comic_book_fan said:

Preach!

comic_book_fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By comic_book_fan

wonder woman was there and the flash that was there was a more powerful version and superman wasn't holding back against doomesday well he was at first but he quickly stoped and what makes new 52 more powerful than that one i don't see it.

Shawnbaby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Shawnbaby

I'd put my Money on the brutes. It's going to take at least 2 of the JLA's big hitters to deal with Doomsday. Eiling's also been shown to be able to go up against several of the JLA's Powerhouses at the same time, Lobo can go toe to toe with any of the JLA's big hitters, Hulk is Bloodlusted...and we all know what happens when the Hulk is mad. So basically at this point...all the JLA are tied up in battles...and there are still Brutes floating around able to chip in wherever they please.

Batman is totally hampering his team...The insider suit just isn't going to be effective here at all. It just doesn't have the Damage output to be a...and the battery life on it is crap. Hal could conceivably charge him up from time to time...but that's a waste. So the 8 on 6 quickly becomes 8 on 5.

Granted..The JLA of the time was weaker than this lineup...but DoS Doomsday was beating them, quite literally, with one arm tied behind his back. Even when The JLA, including Superman, focused all their powers on him...all they managed to do was free his other arm.

Also...its not a proper Brute Squad without:

No Caption Provided
Evil-Incarnate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Evil-Incarnate

I actually thought about it and technically either Batman or GL can tank Lobo as he's susceptible to gas and one carries the stuff on the regular and the other can create it. So that leaves Superman fighting Doomsday, MM to keep Eiling and Grundy busy long enough using intangability for Wonder Woman to revert Hulk via the lasso and blitz She-Hulk and the Thing. GL and Aquaman can take Abomination and seeing as this is pre 52 then AM still has the trident. Wonder Woman helps lassos Eiling while MM and GL take Grundy. While I don't think DoS Doomsday was a joke keep in mind that this version hadn't died yet and didn't adapt to everything yet so I think Superman being knowledgeable of DD will go for the kill and it should be easier as he'll have MM there.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By 202122

@Petey_is_Spidey said:

ummmm are you a troll or just a Hulk fanboy?? I mean if that's your real opinion then i'm sorry but doesn't make you less wrong

JLA win

- Superior speed

- More diverse power set

comic_book_fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By comic_book_fan

@Evil Incarnate: the thing is not going down easy he has taken on heralds of galactus and the champion who was capable of destroying a planet and has been beat down by thanos and still got up and is strong enough to fight anyone in the jla except superman.

willpayton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By willpayton

@comic_book_fan said:

@Evil Incarnate: the thing is not going down easy he has taken on heralds of galactus and the champion who was capable of destroying a planet and has been beat down by thanos and still got up and is strong enough to fight anyone in the jla except superman.

I dont think you have a realistic view of what Thing is capable of. Lets face it, he probably goes down first on the brute squad. Even Aquaman would put the hurt on him.

Evil-Incarnate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Evil-Incarnate

@comic_book_fansaid:

He gets wrecked by any of the heavy hitters add in the speed that they're able to do this ar and it's almost unfair.

Avatar image for lone_wolf_and_cub
Lone_Wolf_and_Cub

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Batman an his PIS suit are being highly overrated as usual. He's getting one shotted. Aquaman isn't going to last long either.

willpayton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By willpayton

@Lone_Wolf_and_Cub said:

Batman an his PIS suit are being highly overrated as usual. He's getting one shotted. Aquaman isn't going to last long either.

I agree the suit sometimes gets overrated, but it does give him some nice powers, including access to the speed force. If he can get GL to constantly power him then he'd be quite formidable. And, GL could actually do this without being distracted from the fight... all he'd have to do is instruct the ring to send a small blast at Batman's suit every now and then to power it. The ring can do this automatically, and the ring AI would even be able to tell when a new charge was needed... that's the beauty of the ring, it can do a lot without the wearer having to tell it to do it constantly.

Avatar image for petey_is_spidey
Petey_is_Spidey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#35  Edited By Petey_is_Spidey

@202122 said:

@Petey_is_Spidey said:

ummmm are you a troll or just a Hulk fanboy?? I mean if that's your real opinion then i'm sorry but doesn't make you less wrong

JLA win

- Superior speed

- More diverse power set

I mean those three alone could beat the JLA.

willpayton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By willpayton

@comic_book_fan said:

wonder woman was there and the flash that was there was a more powerful version and superman wasn't holding back against doomesday well he was at first but he quickly stoped and what makes new 52 more powerful than that one i don't see it.

There was no Wonder Woman or Flash in that fight. Maybe I missed something, but I have those issues with the fight.

The people that fought Doomsday where Superman, Maxima, Guy Gardner, Bloodwynd, Booster Gold, Fire, Ice, and Blue Beetle. Maxima was putting the hurt on him, but then inexplicably due to bad writing both her and Superman were KO'd by a gasoline explosion... what?? Then Bloodwynd (actually Martian Manhunter) spends most of the time doing nothing. Yes he blasted Doomsday with his eye beams for a little, but then teleports away. And Maxima also spends part of the fight doing nothing when she volunteers to fly some victim to the hospital. She never even tried to use a TP attack on him, she just mind-scanned him at the beginning to see what he was up to.

So basically that fight was a lot of missed opportunities and PIS whereby Maxima and MMH did as little as possible and really just left the fight to Superman, who was trying to save innocents and holding back for most of the fight, while Doomsday was not holding back from the beginning.

thestarguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By thestarguy

@Petey_is_Spidey said:

@202122 said:

@Petey_is_Spidey said:

JLA win

- Superior speed

- More diverse power set

I mean those three alone could beat the JLA.

Despero is not part of the actual fight, according to the Op. He's the Puppet Master of the brutes. And Eiling is actually more powerful and dangerous than Hulk, because it will take the Hulk a while to build up to a level to match Eiling, Lobo or Doomsday. The JLA has almost always had to BFR the Shaggy Man in the past because he's tireless and the majority of their powers and weapons don't work on him. The MM's TP is disabled, presumably because of Despero's interference, but Wonder Woman's lasso should still work on most of them. Doomsday is by far the biggest threat because he's not just Super strong, he's also super durable and super fast, too. Nobody here has a speed advantage over him. The JLA can win this with the right approach & battle strategy, but if they just show up and start brawling they will lose because they will lose key heavy hitters early, and then be overwhelmed, and lose. If it is Despero who decided who attacks whom initially, the JLA could be in trouble.

willpayton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By willpayton

Wardemon32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#39  Edited By Wardemon32

@Shawnbaby: Why do you mean it's worthless?

Shawnbaby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Shawnbaby

@Wardemon32 said:

@Shawnbaby: Why do you mean it's worthless?

The Insider Suit? Because it has a crappy battery...and even when it was working 100%...it doesn't have any feats that make him a factor here. The Insider suit gives Batman abilities that SIMULATE that of the Justice League...it doesn't put him on their level in any way. There's nothing about it that will let him survive hits from any of these brutes.

ghostrider2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By ghostrider2

The brutes win this.

Wardemon32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Wardemon32

@Shawnbaby: Well he's connected to the Speed Force with it so he can just dodge the punches. And technically if he's connected to the Speed Force in that suit he should have an unlimited amount of energy so his battery should never run out, Comic logic.

Edit: I'm reading here that energy projection can recharge his suit?

Shawnbaby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Shawnbaby

@Wardemon32 said:

@Shawnbaby: Well he's connected to the Speed Force with it so he can just dodge the punches. And technically if he's connected to the Speed Force in that suit he should have an unlimited amount of energy so his battery should never run out, Comic logic.

Edit: I'm reading here that energy projection can recharge his suit?

Yes...It can convert energy into Battery life..none of the Brutes are energy projectors though so that means the energy would have to come from his own team. Common misnomer of the suit though is that it somehow makes him as fast as the Flash...it doesn't. It provides him with LIMITED access to the Speed Force. There isn't any proof it even makes him as fast as Quicksilver. And even if he can dodge their punches...It doesn't have the Damage output it needs to phase any of the Brutes. And, if they can't tag him with a punch...A thunderclap can put him down.

willpayton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By willpayton

One Batkick to the stomach should take are of Hulk.

No Caption Provided
Shawnbaby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By Shawnbaby

@WillPayton: I'm just going to assume you put that scan up as a joke. Because that's exactly what it is. A Joke.

willpayton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By willpayton

@Shawnbaby said:

@WillPayton: I'm just going to assume you put that scan up as a joke. Because that's exactly what it is. A Joke.

The Batkick has powers beyond our comprehension.

No Caption Provided
Wardemon32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By Wardemon32

@Shawnbaby: Actually I think once your in the speed force your light speed. Jay Garrick had a weak connection to the speed force and he still could go light speed. And if he can go light speed or move faster than sound a thunderclap wont affect him. Speed of Light>Speed Of Sound, if that wasn't the case Flash wouldn't be able to run.

No matter how loud black bolt screams it wouldn't affect Flash.

18hunt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By 18hunt

General has beaten the justice league... Does that mean something to you

boostergold321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By boostergold321

Black Bolt's "scream" isn't a sound shockwave. It's ionic energy. Nothing but atom smashing.

Shawnbaby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By Shawnbaby

@Wardemon32 said:

@Shawnbaby: Actually I think once your in the speed force your light speed. Jay Garrick had a weak connection to the speed force and he still could go light speed. And if he can go light speed or move faster than sound a thunderclap wont affect him. Speed of Light>Speed Of Sound, if that wasn't the case Flash wouldn't be able to run.

No matter how loud black bolt screams it wouldn't affect Flash.

Find a single example of batman ever moving at lightspeed with the insider suit.