Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By willpayton

JLA: Batman w/ GL ring, Fernus, Hal Jordan w/ Green and Blue rings, KC Superman

vs

Avengers: Iron Man w/ Thorbuster Armor, Death Seed Sentry, Thor w/ Power Gem, WB Hulk

Random encounter. Win by KO, death, or permanent incapacitation. Fight on an unpopulated alternate-reality Earth.

Who wins?

mr_ingenuity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 mr_ingenuity  Moderator

Thor buster is useless only works at redirecting the Odin force.

theONEtaichou

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By theONEtaichou

So... the question is who can solo the Avengers. I wager Fernus as an easy answer.

@mr_ingenuity said:

Thor buster is useless only works at redirecting the Odin force.

^^also this

good day

ComicStooge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

Batman with Superman's powers would be a better addition, seeing as he actually has feats.

Avatar image for fallschirmjager
Fallschirmjager

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 16

Batman with Superman's powers would be a better addition, seeing as he actually has feats.

Yellow lantern imo :p

ComicStooge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

@comicstooge said:

Does Bruce have feats with it?

Avatar image for fallschirmjager
Fallschirmjager

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 16

#7  Edited By Fallschirmjager

@fallschirmjager said:

@comicstooge said:

Does Bruce have feats with it?

I know he got one in Blackest Night. I don't remember how much battle they did.

reaverlation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Fernus takes them out with TP especially if Hal joins them

Avatar image for youmessinwithme
youmessinwithme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By youmessinwithme

Thor or death Sentry solo.

willpayton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I dont see how either of them is solo'ing. Can you explain?

DeathandGrim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

KC Supes with Lantern infinite charge/infinite healing.

DC team takes it.

Either that or stalemate due to the White mage Hal

BladeNB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By BladeNB

Should have given Stark Bleeding Edge Armor or Extremis or ability to call in "House Party" it'd be way more fun.

Stark is the weak link here though. Thor can handle Superman with ease and Sentry can handle Fernus. Hulk would obviously wreck Lantern and Bats if they get close enough but I don't see that happening.
So Thor would have to end Sups quickly and Sentry would have to just keep Fernus busy so Thor can take out the 2 Lanterns in play.

Jhaigo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

What's stopping Fernus from TPing half the people on the opposite team and mauling the rest? Kinda a mismatch.

willpayton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bladenb said:

Hulk would obviously wreck Lantern and Bats if they get close enough but I don't see that happening.

I dont think Hulk could wreck Hal even if he had just one ring, but with a Green and a Blue ring... that's just not happening. Hal w/ those two rings is a powerhouse.

willpayton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jhaigo said:

What's stopping Fernus from TPing half the people on the opposite team and mauling the rest? Kinda a mismatch.

Hulk has been shown to be resistant to telepathy. Stark has TP protection built into his suits, IIRC. Thor, I believe, is also somewhat resistant to TP. Sentry has his own mental powers. Now, can they all resist Fernus... that's debatable I guess. But, none of them are especially weak to TP.

Jhaigo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@willpayton: While they may not be weak to TP they aren't all strong enough to resist Fernus as far as I know.

eternityx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Team 2. No one is taking Sentry or Thor. IIRC Thor with PG owned a team of powerhouses including SS and then he proceeded to manhandle Thanos.

Hulkman123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Hulkman123

Avengers take this. Only major threat is Fernus' TP, which can be countered by Sentry's.

HulkWins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

With how stupidly op sentry has become i ouldnt be suprised if sentry could solo but yeah i give it to the avengers nice matchup btw

XiiX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Not sure, but Batman's a liability.

willpayton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@xiix said:

Not sure, but Batman's a liability.

How so? Batman with a GL ring would easily rank up with the top-tier Lanterns.

lombard240

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

thor takes superman. iron man takes Batman. captain America Takes Flash. hulk green lantern. hawkeye and black widow takes out WW. no idea how

comedy_brosUSA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

JLA would win. Avengers are whiner babies.

Avatar image for beware_my_power
Beware_My_Power

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Beware_My_Power

@lombard240: LOL, I'm sorry, but as much as I love steve... in a fight against flash (who isn't even in this thread) Cap would die... before he could blink... and welcome to the vine!

XiiX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By XiiX

@willpayton: Potentially. But then again, there isn't really a solid basis for that assumption besides "it's Batman with a power-ring"(unless I'm missing some essential detail, he's literally without any feats to go off of). And even if that were the case, a top-tier Lantern is already in this match and is sensibly amped by a blue power-ring.

KingAres109

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By KingAres109

I don't know if Batman has feats with a GL ring but I have seen him use a yellow one and it didn't go to well..

youmessinwithme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By youmessinwithme

@willpayton said:

@youmessinwithme said:

I don't know that much about fernus but unless he's more powerful than the other 3 combined. I don't see how either of them could possibly not solo. and everyone keeps bring up his TP, Thor is resistant to telepathy to the point that even with the mind gem Moondragon can't even tough them so there is 0% chance his TP will effect Thor and Sentry's mind control is powerful enough to work on every living being on earth at once and erase their memorys.

(KC Superman is weak as all hell against magic and does not even survive one lightning strike from Thor) GL Batman I hear has no feats and if not he's still just a regular lantern, he is not nealy on either of their level. the Blue rings amp the green but He hasn't done anything on either OFThor's or DSSentrys level either even with both rings. So GL batman doesn't even belong in this fight.

I just relised Thor has the power gem not the OF (don't know why I kept thinking it was that)

So

they solo because... no one on the JLA team is even in their league and it's a mismatch...

when Thor has the power gem in blood and thunder he solos

Silver Surfer, Beta ray bill, sif, Adam Warlock, Drax the Destroyer, Maxim, the rest of the infinity watch (with the rest of the infinity gems minus the mind gem) and doctor strange when he's the sorcerer supreme. then he makes Thanos run away...

and No one on the JLA here has any way to stop death Sentry. there is lireally No way either of them don't solo.

DeathandGrim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By DeathandGrim

@youmessinwithme said:

@willpayton said:

@youmessinwithme said:

(KC Superman is weak as all hell against magic and does not even survive one lightning strike from Thor)

since when?

And why everyone forgetting Hal is a white mage with unlimited mana?

youmessinwithme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@youmessinwithme said:

@willpayton said:

@youmessinwithme said:

(KC Superman is weak as all hell against magic and does not even survive one lightning strike from Thor)

since when?

slices his hand open by accident just by running it over WW's sword. Thor's got lightning that can hurt People on Superman's level that aren't weak to magic or are even resistant to it.

DeathandGrim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By DeathandGrim

@youmessinwithme said:

@deathandgrim said:

@youmessinwithme said:

@willpayton said:

@youmessinwithme said:

since when?

slices his hand open by accident just by running it over WW's sword. Thor's got lightning that can hurt People on Superman's level that aren't weak to magic or are even resistant to it.

That sword was forged by gods?

KC supes isn't going down to a lightning strike

He's not weak to magic, he's just affected by it normally like anyone else.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

But KC Supes can take a hit

And again, White mage, unlimited mana. (as If Supes would need it)

robertloucksjr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Iron Man is a very weak link in this. Thor resisted Phoenix 5 Emma so his current TP resistance seems very high.

youmessinwithme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@youmessinwithme said:

@deathandgrim said:

@youmessinwithme said:

@willpayton said:

@youmessinwithme said:

since when?

KC supes isn't going down to a lightning strike

He's not weak to magic, he's just affected by it normally like anyone else.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

But KC Supes can take a hit

No he is weak to magic. it is listed by DC's offical bio's as a weakness.

Now of course he is not as vulnerable to magic as a normal man is(in fact he is far more resistant) but his kryptonian physiology does not offer him the same degree of protection it does against conventional attacks or other energy attacks. (his bio electric forcefield is disrupted by magical energy) hence why a magic energy attack would still hurt him when a non-mystic energy attack of the same strength would do nothing at all. Hence why it is fair to say he is weak to magic, since he's strong against everything else, whereas characters like CM, WW and Thor's invulnerability is still just as strong against magical attacks as it is against conventional attacks.

and Captain Marvel gets annihilated by a one megaton bomb in literally a few panels.

Thor busts planets. Thor's lightning brings down people with planetary level durability who aren't weak to magic. (or vulnerable to it, if that's what you wanna call what they specifically refer to as: a weakness)

post an impressive feat for CM's lighting. that isn't against Superman (who is vulnerable against/ weak to magic)

willpayton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This is what KC Superman thinks about gods (an elder god in this case) throwing lightning at him...

No Caption Provided

youmessinwithme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By youmessinwithme

@youmessinwithme said:

This is what KC Superman thinks about gods (an elder god in this case) throwing lightning at him...

No Caption Provided

that term is meaningless in DC

and does this "elder god" have any impressive energy projection feats? WW's magic sword made by the gods cuts KC superman like butter. and Thor mystical hammer will crush his bones like dust.

and CM's magical lighting still has Superman bleeding out his ears in one shot. and it isn't killing all the much weaker heroes around them or completely devastating the area like the nuke does a couple pages later.

and like I said CM's lighting is very weak in terms of feats when compared to Thor's (even without being re-channeled through the hammer.)

willpayton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By willpayton

I don't know that much about fernus but unless he's more powerful than the other 3 combined. I don't see how either of them could possibly not solo. and everyone keeps bring up his TP

What can Fernus do? He did this to Superman,

No Caption Provided

and the rest of the League,

No Caption Provided

and did this to a whole mess of White Martians...

No Caption Provided

willpayton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

and does this "elder god" have any impressive energy projection feats?

That particular elder god took the entire JSA to defeat him, so yeah he was more powerful than Thor.

WW's magic sword made by the gods cuts KC superman like butter. and Thor mystical hammer will crush his bones like dust.

Sorry, you cant use WW's feat with her magical sword to show what Thor can do with his hammer. It just doenst work that way.

and CM's magical lighting still has Superman bleeding out his ears in one shot.

At this point you're just making stuff up to help your argument. CM hit Superman with FOUR, not one, hits from his lightning before Superman was shown bleeding... and even then Supes was still able to move and attack.

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By dondave

JL pretty easily

youmessinwithme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By youmessinwithme

@willpayton said:

@youmessinwithme said:

and does this "elder god" have any impressive energy projection feats?

That particular elder god took the entire JSA to defeat him, so yeah he was more powerful than Thor.

@youmessinwithme said:

WW's magic sword made by the gods cuts KC superman like butter. and Thor mystical hammer will crush his bones like dust.

Sorry, you cant use WW's feat with her magical sword to show what Thor can do with his hammer. It just doenst work that way.

@youmessinwithme said:

and CM's magical lighting still has Superman bleeding out his ears in one shot.

At this point you're just making stuff up to help your argument. CM hit Superman with FOUR, not one, hits from his lightning before Superman was shown bleeding... and even then Supes was still able to move and attack.

that means nothing. and does not prove that. (and if he was as powerful as you claim that shot would've killed KC Supes) cause he is very weak to magic as has already been proven by WW's sword and CM's lightning. So even if that "elder God" was more powerful than Thor, the lightning he shoots out is less powerful than CM's which is less powerful than Thor's. So him tanking said bolt isn't impressive.

and yes I can. one is made by a god of the forge, the other is comissioned and enchanted by the King of the gods and forged by the dwarf king who is the best smith in 9 realms, and just like how wonder woman's sword has mystical energy's to increase it's cutting power, Mjolnir has mystical energy to increase it's striking power. Wonder woman's sword can "split an atom" from it's enchantment Thor's hammer can "crush worlds as if they were pebbles" from it's enchantment

it's as fair a comparison as can be made. except the fact that Mjolnir is definitely overall more powerful.

and my Bad he hit him with 4 ligtning strikes you're right.

But CM doesn't have impressive feats with his lightning, Thor does. (many times more impressive and more powerful)

youmessinwithme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By youmessinwithme

@youmessinwithme said:

I don't know that much about fernus but unless he's more powerful than the other 3 combined. I don't see how either of them could possibly not solo. and everyone keeps bring up his TP

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

He phased Superman into the ground..... shadowcat could replicate the same feat.

None of those leaguers have impressive TP resistance so Professor X could replicat the same feat.

all those white martians have a dehibilitating pshyco somatic weakness to fire.

don't try and make those something their not.

and that gives me an idea. Thor phases KC superman into the ground (yeah the hammer can make other objects intangible and tangible again)

Avatar image for heraldofganthet
HeraldofGanthet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@youmessinwithme:

and Captain Marvel gets annihilated by a one megaton bomb in literally a few panels.

I don't want to nitpick here, but this needs to be addressed once and for all: In the Kingdom Come storyline, Bill Batson had been under serious mind control for years (I wont give away the details of such for the sake of those who haven't yet read the story). He grew to adulthood as a mind controlled weapon in Lex Luthor's arsenal. That said, if you read the Underworld Unleashed storyline you'd know that Captain Marvel has among the purest spirits in the DCU. His fight with Superman was a "fork in the road" situation for him. With Supes trying to reason with him/break through the mind control on his behalf, a massive conflict between the orders he was given and the hero he once was caused him to shift back and forth from mortal to Thunder God in rapid bursts. It's all in the very text on the next page after the scan that was posted: "SHAZAM!" (transforms back into Billy and thus wrestling with the immorality of him fighting on Luthor's side against his friend, colleague, and idol Superman), "SHAZAM!" (Billy transforming back into the mind controlled Captain Marvel [who would have easily withstood the force of the bomb and wanted to see Luthor's orders through to fruition]), "SHAZAM!" (transforms from Captain Marvel back to Billy, who felt so much remorse over being used by Luthor for decades and attacking his friends that he saw fit to make the ultimate sacrifice to atone for his transgressions). Bill Batson would of course be obliterated on contact at Ground Zero of a nuclear device of such devastating power.

And that's exactly what happened. Captain Marvel's mortal vessel was annihilated, not the good Captain Himself.

youmessinwithme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@youmessinwithme:

I don't want to nitpick here, but this needs to be addressed once and for all: In the Kingdom Come storyline, Bill Batson had been under serious mind control for years (I wont give away the details of such for the sake of those who haven't yet read the story). He grew to adulthood as a mind controlled weapon in Lex Luthor's arsenal. That said, if you read the Underworld Unleashed storyline you'd know that Captain Marvel has among the purest spirits in the DCU. His fight with Superman was a "fork in the road" situation for him. With Supes trying to reason with him/break through the mind control on his behalf, a massive conflict between the orders he was given and the hero he once was caused him to shift back and forth from mortal to Thunder God in rapid bursts. It's all in the very text on the next page after the scan that was posted: "SHAZAM!" (transforms back into Billy and thus wrestling with the immorality of him fighting on Luthor's side against his friend, colleague, and idol Superman), "SHAZAM!" (Billy transforming back into the mind controlled Captain Marvel [who would have easily withstood the force of the bomb and wanted to see Luthor's orders through to fruition]), "SHAZAM!" (transforms from Captain Marvel back to Billy, who felt so much remorse over being used by Luthor for decades and attacking his friends that he saw fit to make the ultimate sacrifice to atone for his transgressions). Bill Batson would of course be obliterated on contact at Ground Zero of a nuclear device of such devastating power.

And that's exactly what happened. Captain Marvel's mortal vessel was annihilated, not the good Captain Himself.

I'm gonna have to look at the scans again But

Powergirl (a kryptonian) is annihilated by the bomb and i'm pretty sure so is wonder woman.

So I honestly thought Billy (as CM) was annihilated by the bomb and it was just bad writing (like the fact that PG and WW were killed by it)(or the fact that it took GL and a buch of others combined to put up a shield that barely protected them from the blast) but i'll have to check it out.

and it's a one megaton bomb in the comics and we've tested 50 Megaton bombs here on earth. to put in perspective why it's seems strange that someone like CM or Powerfirl would die to said explosive, for anyone who doesn't know much about nuclear weapons.

theONEtaichou

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@willpayton said:

@youmessinwithme said:

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

He phased Superman into the ground..... shadowcat could replicate the same feat.

None of those leaguers have impressive TP resistance so Professor X could replicat the same feat.

and that gives me an idea. Thor phases KC superman into the ground (yeah the hammer can make other objects intangible and tangible again)

....say whaaaaaa??

good day

youmessinwithme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By youmessinwithme
@theonetaichou said:

@youmessinwithme said:

@willpayton said:

@youmessinwithme said:

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

....say whaaaaaa??

good day

Shadowcat has the ability to phase. Fact. I don't know why you highlighted this... Superman can be phased in to the ground. fact. (and pictured above) SO kitty could do that exact same thing to Superman (phase him into the ground.) fact.

None of the character pictured there have TP resistance stronger than Thor or on a level that makes me think Prof X couldn't do the exact same thing to them (the only good TP resistance feat any of them has in resisting the Manhunter, and well you can't really use that in their defense since that scan is of them all being mind raped by the manhunter). So yes Professor X could do the same.

you can read right? I don't know why you highlighted that.... The Hammer has the ability to Phase other objects, or force them to turn intangible.(and invisible)

and since Phaseing Superman into the floor worked for manhunter/fernus (as posted) there is no reason why Thor couldn't do the same thing

Kingant27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By Kingant27

World Breaker Hulk caused a tsunami just by taking a step.

Death Seed Sentry beat Thor effortlessly, and was stated as an incarnation more powerful than the Void(destroyed Asgard, killed Loki) or sentry(beat Terrax effortlessly, someone who is a herald of Galactus= to Silver Surfer).

Thor with the power gem beat number of herald level beings, and challenged Thanos.

Thorbuster Ironman is the weak link as he is used to fight a regular Thor, you should have used Uru metal Ironman.

As for dealing with the Martian's telepathy,

Thor has resisted Moondragon's telepathy and Phoenix 5 Emma, both of which are Martian Manhunters level or higher.

Hulk has a great resistance to telepathy as even Professor X hasn't been able to have control over his mind(a few times).

Sentry has complete control of his mind metal stability, which doesn't make sense as he is a schizophrenic.

Thorbuster Ironman has built in resistance to telepathy.

MakkyD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Would TP even work on Sentry since he's technically undead?

cdiddyman911

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@bladenb said:

Should have given Stark Bleeding Edge Armor or Extremis or ability to call in "House Party" it'd be way more fun.

Stark is the weak link here though. Thor can handle Superman with ease and Sentry can handle Fernus. Hulk would obviously wreck Lantern and Bats if they get close enough but I don't see that happening.

So Thor would have to end Sups quickly and Sentry would have to just keep Fernus busy so Thor can take out the 2 Lanterns in play.

This

ElmoHump

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By ElmoHump

The OP is making it one sided. Really 3 vs 4 and you crazy amp Avengers more.Why not add in fully fed Galactus while you're at it.

Experio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By Experio

Avengers.

cyborgzod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By cyborgzod

Hulk will get BFRed real quick here and Iron Man wont last. His suit is designed to fight Thor. It's good, but Batman with the GL ring will take him out. Then it's 4 on 2 in favor of the DC team. Avengers dont have the speed to last with those odds.

JLA team wins after a tough fight.