JLA Amazo vs Marvel

OmegaDynasty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By OmegaDynasty

Justice League Animated Amazo appears in Marvel, who is the strongest character that Amazo can take on with and without copying their power set? 

vs 
vs 
No Caption Provided
JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#2  Edited By JediXMan  Moderator

From that picture, the following can beat him:

Dr. Doom
Dr. Strange
Jean (if she has Phoenix) 
HoM Scarlet Witch
Ghost Rider (maybe)

OmegaDynasty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By OmegaDynasty
@JediXMan said:
From that picture, the following can beat him:  Dr. Doom Dr. Strange Jean (if she has Phoenix)  HoM Scarlet Witch Ghost Rider (maybe)
I didn't mean just from the picture, I meant from Marvel it's self. Not sure if Amazo can copy magic, wouldn't think he can. The only impressive thing I saw from him is warp Oa into another dimension. 
JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By JediXMan  Moderator
@OmegaDynasty said:
@JediXMan said:
From that picture, the following can beat him:  Dr. Doom Dr. Strange Jean (if she has Phoenix)  HoM Scarlet Witch Ghost Rider (maybe)
I didn't mean just from the picture, I meant from Marvel it's self. Not sure if Amazo can copy magic, wouldn't think he can. The only impressive thing I saw from him is warp Oa into another dimension. 
He did two things with magic:

1. Copied Hawkgirl's mace.
2. Had difficulty against Grundy, due to the chaos magic around him. Grundy began draining Amazo.
OmegaDynasty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By OmegaDynasty
@JediXMan said:
@OmegaDynasty said:
@JediXMan said:
He did two things with magic:  1. Copied Hawkgirl's mace. 2. Had difficulty against Grundy, due to the chaos magic around him. Grundy began draining Amazo.
I wouldn't really say Hawk Girl's mace is magic, it's metal that disrupts magic with it's properties among st other things. 
JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By JediXMan  Moderator
@OmegaDynasty said:
@JediXMan said:
@OmegaDynasty said:
@JediXMan said:
He did two things with magic:  1. Copied Hawkgirl's mace. 2. Had difficulty against Grundy, due to the chaos magic around him. Grundy began draining Amazo.
I wouldn't really say Hawk Girl's mace is magic, it's metal that disrupts magic with it's properties among st other things. 
Well that's true. 

So the only time he interacted with magic that we know of, it didn't work out well. Maybe it has to do with the type of magic, but we don't have anything else to compare the feat to.
OmegaDynasty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By OmegaDynasty
@JediXMan said:
@OmegaDynasty said:
@JediXMan said:
@OmegaDynasty said:
@JediXMan said:
Well that's true.   So the only time he interacted with magic that we know of, it didn't work out well. Maybe it has to do with the type of magic, but we don't have anything else to compare the feat to.
Couldn't he use that as a defense against magical attacks. Just saying hypotheticaly he can't deal with magic he has a weapon, and speed(Flash) and Power(Superman/Wonder Woman) to put some serious damage on magic users?
TheBatman586

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By TheBatman586

I don't think JLU Amazo ever displayed anything higher than mid-level Herald powers. In that case, the following could win:

Ghost Rider (maybe) 
Thor
Dr. Strange 
Dr. Doom w/prep
Reed Richards w/prep
Iron Man w/prep
Black Panther w/prep
Daimon Hellstrom (maybe)

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 1

#9  Edited By Outside_85

Just to point out something, Luthor who was infused with Brainiac at the time couldnt prep his way out of Amazo's way.

odinforce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By odinforce
@TheBatman586: This "golden" Amazo was very powerful. He defeated the GL corps and the Justice League. 
TheBatman586

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By TheBatman586
@odinforce
He defeated the cartoon versions, which are way weaker than the comic versions...
Goyo77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Goyo77

Dr. Strange would stop him. I think Adam Strange could too. 

Avatar image for lord_oraculous016
lord_oraculous016

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Doctor Strange can figure out to defeat him.. 
same goes with Reed Richards and Doctor Doom.. 
Wanda Maximoff at the height of her powers would blink Amazo out of existence.. 
Jean would not even concern herself with him.. 

odinforce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By odinforce
@TheBatman586: Of course, but still powerful nonetheless. He still has the power to for example, BFR an entire planet into another Dimension with just a thought.
Avatar image for the_mayhem_theory
The_Mayhem_Theory

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Golden Amazo from the television series has no chance against the comic version of the Marvel Universe. Many of the mid- to high level characters could defeat him.
odinforce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By odinforce
@The_Mayhem_Theory: Amazo seemed to be immune from great physical harm, and BFR'd an entire planet into another dimension easily and brought it back with just a thought.
Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Outside_85
@The_Mayhem_Theory: Considering the entire JLA and dozens of GL's or the guardians didnt even slow him down.
Avatar image for greenlanternfan
GreenLanternFan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By GreenLanternFan

the reason Amazo is weak to magic is because when he copied superman he gained his weaknesses as well.  I think Amazo pwns anyone personally, I mean he has unlimited potential when it comes to getting the edge.  and whoever you stack against him not only has to deal with their own capabilities but the capabilities of tons of other heroes.  i dont see why amazo couldnt copy the ability to cast spells, or  copy other types of power. he could copy MMH and invis himself, as well as generate contructs like GL. he isnt called amazo just for the hell of it.  a good example would be this

lets say amazo runs into trion juggs, amazo scans juggs and gains his level of ability and power. now you are esentially fighting a trion jugg clone. not including any other abilities he might have, lets say now he gains flight and speed as well as contructs, it gets rediculous.

the only way that amazo could be beaten is if he is the one from young justice who can only access one power at a time. or if Batman is around, since bats is the one who is always laying the smackdown on him.

Avatar image for the_mayhem_theory
The_Mayhem_Theory

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@odinforce said:
@The_Mayhem_Theory: Amazo seemed to be immune from great physical harm, and BFR'd an entire planet into another dimension easily and brought it back with just a thought.
@Outside_85 said:
@The_Mayhem_Theory: Considering the entire JLA and dozens of GL's or the guardians didnt even slow him down.
As much as I concur on these responses, we also have to acknowledge the fact that the DC Universe isn't as similar to the Marvel Universe. Absorbing Man was able to replicate Sentry's powers, yet Sentry completely warped him. That thought alone leads me to believe that Amazo, if he were to come across Sentry, would get his arse handed to him. Granted, Amazo knows how to use his abilities to their full potential, I just don't see him having the same experience level with them. I could be wrong here, but isn't Amazo somewhat shy on experience when first absorbing said abilities?
odinforce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By odinforce
@The_Mayhem_Theory said:
@odinforce said:
@Outside_85 said:
As much as I concur on these responses, we also have to acknowledge the fact that the DC Universe isn't as similar to the Marvel Universe. Absorbing Man was able to replicate Sentry's powers, yet Sentry completely warped him. That thought alone leads me to believe that Amazo, if he were to come across Sentry, would get his arse handed to him. Granted, Amazo knows how to use his abilities to their full potential, I just don't see him having the same experience level with them. I could be wrong here, but isn't Amazo somewhat shy on experience when first absorbing said abilities?
No not this Amazo, he evolved throughout his travels in the galaxies and grew to be very smart.
Avatar image for venomoushatred1001
venomoushatred1001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@TheBatman586 said:
I don't think JLU Amazo ever displayed anything higher than mid-level Herald powers. In that case, the following could win:  Ghost Rider (maybe)  Thor Dr. Strange  Dr. Doom w/prep Reed Richards w/prep Iron Man w/prep Black Panther w/prep Daimon Hellstrom (maybe)
Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Outside_85
@The_Mayhem_Theory: Not really, the first time the League fought him he instantly adapted their powers into his own system like having no trouble adapting to running at the speeds of the Flash or having the Martian Manhunters telepathy that had blown a fuse in the first episode. The only weakness he might have is the same as those who's powers he absorbs and is left unaware that he has a weakness, like Batman chasing him away with a piece of Kryptonite after Amazo had absorbed Superman's powers.
Avatar image for petey_is_spidey
Petey_is_Spidey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#23  Edited By Petey_is_Spidey

i know this thread is kinda old but marvel kills him. There are people who can solo for example: 

silver surfer 
thanos 
galactus 
odin 
zeus 
apocalypse  
and those are just a few.

bigcimmerian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By bigcimmerian
@OmegaDynasty said:
@JediXMan said:
If you meant everyone, than following people could beat him 

Thanos 
Odin 
Zeus 
Galactus 
Eternity 
Silver Surfer 
Doctor Strange 
All fathers Thor and Hercules 
I could write till tommorow :)
venomoushatred1001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ghost Rider (maybe) 
Thor
Dr. Strange 
Dr. Doom w/prep
Reed Richards w/prep
Iron Man w/prep
Black Panther w/prep
Daimon Hellstrom (maybe)  
World Breaker Hulk 
Quasar 
Iceman
OmegaDynasty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By OmegaDynasty
@venomoushatred1001 said:
Ghost Rider (maybe)  Thor Dr. Strange  Dr. Doom w/prep Reed Richards w/prep Iron Man w/prep Black Panther w/prep Daimon Hellstrom (maybe)  World Breaker Hulk Quasar Iceman
Not sure about the Hulk, he was going to teleport Grundy into the sun with his powers but like mentioned the Chaost Magic sucked his powers. So..Hulk has no Chaos Magic so he gets a free ride to the center of the sun.
venomoushatred1001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@OmegaDynasty said:
Ghost Rider (maybe)  Thor Dr. Strange  Dr. Doom w/prep Reed Richards w/prep Iron Man w/prep Black Panther w/prep Daimon Hellstrom (maybe)  World Breaker Hulk Quasar Iceman
Not sure about the Hulk, he was going to teleport Grundy into the sun with his powers but like mentioned the Chaost Magic sucked his powers. So..Hulk has no Chaos Magic so he gets a free ride to the center of the sun.

Then ingnore Hulk :)
OmegaDynasty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By OmegaDynasty
@OmegaDynasty said:
What about Iceman? Not sure how well he would fair against the sun. Or how he would get back.
venomoushatred1001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@OmegaDynasty said:
@OmegaDynasty said:
What about Iceman? Not sure how well he would fair against the sun. Or how he would get back.

If he reaches absolute zero, I think it can stop his systems.
Ultimus45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

What if he starts absorbing their powers, everyones speed, everyones strength, everyones agility and reaction time. Theres a reason they call him God Amazo

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By dondave
Saul_D

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dondave said:

@ultimus45 The OP states that he can't.

Actually, the op says "who is the strongest character that Amazo can take on with and without copying their power set?"

Sorry, I know this is really old and I should not have bumped it....but I had to. I have been wanting to say that for months.

Avatar image for ancient_0f_days
Ancient_0f_Days

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@saul_d said:
@dondave said:

Actually, the op says "who is the strongest character that Amazo can take on with and without copying their power set?"

@dondave said:

Saul_D

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@saul_d said:
@dondave said:

@dondave said:

Then it is bad grammar. If he meant to say "Take on with, and without copying their powers" That is a terrible sentence. I read it as "Take on, with and without copying their powers" Since that would be a better sentence. I assumed he was asking for multiple scenarios.

Ancient_0f_Days

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Ancient_0f_Days

@saul_d: regardless, you bumped the thread solely due to the fact that you were confused by a grammatical error....

Saul_D

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ancient_0f_days: Well, thanks for crushing all of my hopes and dreams. But you have to admit, my point on the grammar makes sense. I don't recall it being addressed anywhere else in the thread, except being brought up in the Trion Juggs example.

Ancient_0f_Days

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Ancient_0f_Days

@saul_d: That's because everyone who saw it either didn't know/care that there was an error or they saw it and still were able to figure out what it meant ........

Helicoprion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

marvel

Ancient_0f_Days

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Saul_D

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ancient_0f_days: I guess that makes me a big dummy. But I don't care, I said what I wanted to say. And it was really to point out the error.

Ancient_0f_Days

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@saul_d: Congrats, you earn a free mustache...

No Caption Provided

Saul_D

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for professathought
ProfessaThought

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

There's no error. He would have simply said "is the strongest character that Amazo can take on without copying their power set?"

He clearly said "with" and "without"

" is the strongest character that Amazo can take on with and without copying their power set? "