• 124 results
Gracetrack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51  Edited By Gracetrack

@kuroimugetsu: You bring up a good point about sound traveling faster under water. Yet another way some of Kisame's water-based justu can actually benefit Jiraiya.

kuroimugetsu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@omnicrono: pretty much It depends on the move order here. However I think that j man has more winning or effective moves than kisame. All kisame really has going for him is water dome and samehada. Without either of those kisame loses hard. However I do admit that kisame has some pretty impressive reaction time fests. Reacting to killer bee. He is no slouch. However he's not fast enough to blitz jiraiya. That would be a suicide and he runs the risk of getting hit with oodama rasengan. But then again samehada... hmmm

I think if sage mode comes into play then it's all over. But without it kisame could give j man a run for his money. That frog song is too OP

Nomar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ya it's basically move order and who wants to pull out trumps first.

ValarMelkor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Jiraiya.

rickythanos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By rickythanos

@kuroimugetsu said:

@omnicrono: I can accept that. But any proof that j mans frogs can do this? I don't doubt that something that big can't so it's probably likely. but that frog can still get hit with water shark bomb underwater in which movement is slower. Even ask Bee. And he was an octopus. So I still think water dome has a chance but it has to be with samehada. Otherwise j man is just to versitile here. If bloodlusted and immediate water dome and samalehada. I go with kisame. But hmmm that frog song. Sound travels faster in water too. I'dk yet

Jiraya was able to hide in the belly of a small frog long enough to cross the water surrounding the Rain village and fully infiltrate undetected. Water prison jutsu will only slow him down a little. They pose no real threat.

Jiraya gets caught in water prison => summons frog => hides in belly => Reverse summon => exits frog outside of water => is free from water prison.

Kinda like BFR'ing yourself.

Jiraiya wins in most instances, especially with Sage mode. I'm also pretty sure that grandpa and grandma frogs sonic genjutsu would pass right through water (sound moves better through water than air).

juiceboks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By juiceboks  Moderator

@keehn93 said:

@juiceboks said:

If Gai had to go Gates to avoid Kisame's shark bombs, Jiraiya isn't avoiding them without Sage Mode anytime soon.

Blocks them with Raging art of the Lions Mane. Which is strong enough to completely crush the Crab Summoned by Pain & tear through metal pipes.

Kisame is strong & has great Stamina but he's not taking out Jiriaya. He has too many ninjutsu that can counter anything Kisame does. Super water shark bomb jutsu? Cool. Toad blade cut. No chakra. Would cut right through.

Also Kisame has no way to get out of Toad mouth trap. Itachi saved his life in part one.

Jiriaya can take out Kisame without Sage Mode in a tough fight but as soon as he goes SM it's over. No stopping him.

So restricting a crab summon is gonna stop thousands of sharks coming at him at speeds comparable to Gai's Morning Peacock? Assuming Jiraiya even has the reaction time to pull this off? Which he doesn't.

It's actually the opposite. Most of Jiraiya's abilities either take too long to pull off or are just useless to Kisame. Gamabunta isn't simply cutting through a Super Water Shark Missile, not just because it would absorb his chakra on contact but also the fact that it's water and would envelop him anyway.

That was part 1 Kisame, and Jiraiya was only able to use that jutsu because he was given ample time in an enclosed space. Itachi also decided to run instead of attack Jiraiya directly, which would likely have ended the jutsu. Obviously he can't replicate that in an open environment like this.

Jiraiya can't avoid getting blitzed by someone as fast as a gated Gai and chakra cloak B let alone beat him for a majority.

kuroimugetsu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rickythanos: yea I was agreeing. I was the one who actually brought that up btw ;). That's why I said j man is too versitile. But what's his speed like movement and combat Wise. I think kisame has no problem keeping up in that category. But then again. It's probably best to stay far away from jaraiya as possible in this fight.

The main thing here is j man has a flurry of jutsu and counters. And so does kisame. But j man is more versatile. Kisame has more raw power I'd say. But soo many frogs. Never knew a frog could be such a deadly weapon of choice. Hmmm ... Kisame really only has 1 route to victory, while jiraiya has several. Frog song = k.o. any rasengan = k.o. the water jets that ma and PA were spitting were something fierce and could decapitate = k.o. oil slick and fire style = toasty k.o. that one frog jiraiya summoned to fight pain which was pretty athletIC weighs at least several tons and was able to move so effortlessly = k.o. sage mode is not good for kisame either = mega k.o hmmm j man takes it 7/10 without knowledge and a absolute 9.9/10 with knowledge ...actually scratch that. With fukl Intel j man can't possibly lose here

Sy8000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By Sy8000

@highaccuser said:

If Kisame uses the water dome he used against Bee Jiraiya gets drowned. Otherwise I think Jiraiya is more versatile and has attacks he'll struggle to absorb not to mention Gambata can fight on water provided it's only the amount of water he used on team guy.

Jiraya could just hide in the belly of a frog, and avoid drowning.

Jiraiya going sage mode would neutralize Samehada, unless Samehada can absorb senjutsu without turning to stone (which I doubt).

Given his amphibious summons and senjutsu, he's basically a worst-threat to Kisame. But Kisame is just so BAMF that he might pull a victory out anyway, by the skin of his teeth.

Then he wouldn't be able to do anything though.

I doubt Jiraiya would use senjutsu but Pain absorbed Sage Jiraiya's rasengan so it can clearly be absorbed to some extent.

Gracetrack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By Gracetrack

@highaccuser: I think a rasengan is just a regular chakra even if the person using it is in sage mode. Could be wrong though.

Sy8000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@highaccuser: I think a rasengan is just a regular chakra even if the person using it is in sage mode. Could be wrong though.

Wouldn't the same be true for the rest of Sage Jiraiya's attacks though?

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

According to guide book the massive rasengan Jiraiya used on pain had senjutsu/natural energy in it:

"Jiraiya in sage mode is able to dramatically increase their size by adding energy from nature"

I think Pain turned to a frog statue because he absorbed too much and was overloaded. When Pain was draining Naruto, Naruto was gathering senjutsu so pain would have absorbed a lot more against Naruto than he would have from Jiraiya.

Gracetrack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@omnicrono said:

Not sure, but I'm pretty sure Naruto was in sage mode when the Preta Path absorbed his rasen-shuriken.

Sy8000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By Sy8000

@highaccuser said:

@omnicrono said:

Not sure, but I'm pretty sure Naruto was in sage mode when the Preta Path absorbed his rasen-shuriken.

That's my point. Kisame can still absorb his attacks.

kgb725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

kuroimugetsu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Whats j mans reaction time? Can he react to a kisame who was reacting to killer bee and guy sensei? If not he runs the chance of getting blitzed. Hmm. I'm starting to change my mind over and over again. Lol. With prep j man cannot lose this. MA and pa. Frog song hax = insta win. However base mode I give kisame the majority. If it comes to shark mode vs sage mode I give j man the majority.

Gracetrack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@omnicrono said:

@highaccuser said:

@omnicrono said:

That's my point. Kisame can still absorb his attacks.

Only to a point though. As Jashro pointed out, there is a limit to how much he can absorb of the sage chakra before it turns him to stone.

Beta-56

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for deactivated-6241fa3a1cff5
deactivated-6241fa3a1cff5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm willing to say Jiraiya can take it with the Sade Mode.

As it is though, I don't see Jiraiya having a good counter for the Kisame's water dome. Unless he has a good counter for that, I'd have to say Kisame without the SM.

L. D.

Criostomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Assuming Jiraiya goes into Sage Mode, Jiraiya will win, but with a fair amount of difficulty. If we use Pain as the measuring bar, Jiraiya beat all 3 of the first ones that attacked him, then when all 6 attacked him, he still managed to beat one. If Kisame went up against the same first 3 pains, I think it'd be LUCKY if he even managed to beat one.

Avatar image for itachi_totsukablitz
Itachi_Totsukablitz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@juiceboks:

Jin level is broad.And Kisame was blitzed by V2 Bee lol.Even against V1 Bee, he was mostly relying on Samehada to react iirc.

A non-speedster high tier isn't blitzing Jiraiya in a million years lmao.Kisame reacting to Gai is to be expected by any respectable high tier to begin with.And he only somewhat kept up with 6th gate Gai, 7th gate Gai plain one shotted him.

juiceboks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By juiceboks  Moderator

@itachi_totsukablitz: Bee hit him with one lariat in V2, that doesn't count as blitzing. Especially since Kisame then outmaneuvered him when he fused with Samehada. What do you mean relying on Samehada? Kisame went blow for blow with Bee, they were even in speed. Since even Base form B is faster than Jiraiya, I don't see how he can possibly keep up.

High tier is a very ambiguous term that means absolutely nothing in this matchup. Jiraiya has never fought anyone as fast as Kisame outside of Sage Mode, plain and simple. Somewhat kept up with Gai? He was able to see and analyze all of his punches from Morning Peacock, and he actually wasn't oneshotted by Hirudora. Gai told him not to move and when he did he punched him again which knocked him out. Even so, Hirudora>Odama Rasengan which Kisame could just dodge or absorb with his super shark missile anyway.

nishi99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Jiraiya would win for sure, but with high diff.

SinnTek1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Jiraiya gave Pain a good fight. He would defeat Kisame with some difficulty.

terry2012

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@itachi_totsukablitz said:

Jiraiya upper end of mid difficulty or lower end of high difficulty.

Kisame isn't on his level.

So you're saying Jiraiya is above Jinchuriki level?

Kisame with some difficulty. Without Sage Mode he gets blitzed.

I've seen an amazing argument to why Kisame would win against him.

I don't believe in the hype that Itachi and Himself wanted to flee against J either.

Keehn93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

J-Man 8/10

Basically Jiriaya has advantages in this fight.

In base mode;

- Toad Mouth Trap is a 1 shot kill as Kisame unlike Itachi will not escape

- Ninjutsu Variety, Doton specifically as Doton > Suiton.

- Physically they are similar. Kisame isn't overpowering him as he does other foes.

- Intelligence/Tactics advantage. Kisame isn't stupid by no means, but J has far more experience & has shown to be very good at analyzing his opponent.

- His summons give him a major advantage

Once he enters SM it's over

- Heavy Speed/Reflexes advantage

- Strength Advantage

- Drastic Speed Advantage. SM Jiriaya is faster than KB who used his speed to give Kisame issues

- Numbers. Ma & Pa + J-man mean multiple attack angles

- Taijutsu advantage.

- Ninjutsu advantage is increased tenfold. Between collaborations & the power up of Senpo J-man would stomp in this category

Basically between Toad mouth trap & Sage mode Kisame is going to have a hard time.

TheVivas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Still no answer for this:

No Caption Provided

Bionar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Jiraiya would have beaten the paths one on one or with intel. Kisame cannot defeat jiraiya. So jiraiya wins mid difficulty.. Jiraiya's sage mode is sure death for kisame. Samehada turns into statue or kisame if they absorb too much.. But decent fight all the same.

Erick_Williams

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Jiraiya w/ Summons can take Kisame before he does water tank jutsu & really awitch the odds.

Avatar image for proteusxmanrxis
ProteusXManRxis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Jiraiya.

easterlin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81  Edited By easterlin74

Jiraya wins via sage mode and frog song. Also samehada will turn to stone if Kisame tries to hit sage mode Jiraya with it. Sage chackra is excellent counter against a chackra absorber like Kisame.

Tektonic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Jiraiya he's stated, shown and portrayed as far stronger and has everything he needs to mid diff.

EcoBlitz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Kisame should blitz

Tektonic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Grinningf0x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Jiraiya takes this high diff

Avatar image for fullmetalemprah
FullMetalEmprah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I want to say Jiraiya due to how well of a fight he put up against Pain. Not to mention sage mode counters Samehada. It honestly depends if Kisame can get into his fused state with Samehada, if that happens he wins. If not and he lets Jiraiya get into sage mode Kisame will get bodied.

reaverlation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Jiraiya needs Sage Mode to win. Otherwise Kisame

Avatar image for deactivated-61364388226ff
deactivated-61364388226ff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Dependend on it, who get first in full power mode. Jiraiya in his sage mode, or Kisame in his samehada fusion form.

Kisame survived Guy his Hirudora and breaks out chakra suppressing mokuton. Don´t forget the healing factor of samehada. I don´t think the frog triards are that impressive to challange Kisame, who curbstomps a giant raccon named Ponta and nearly beat Killer Bee without much trouble since he get serious. Kisame, isn´t Pain, but that doesen´t change much, since Kisame has the most power and chakra in Akatsuki.

I think, i am going with the monster from Kiri-Gakure.

AlphaQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

By feats, Kisame, by hype, Jiraiya.

MaiitoGuy8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Kisame feared on facing him but little did we know how powerful he was gonna be. Kisame takes this fight.

Earendill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

Jiraiya stomps.

Avatar image for justsomerandomkid
JustSomeRandomKid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Jiraiya. Has Kisame every absorbed nature energy?

Shadow411

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If Jiraiya doesn’t start off in SM. Kisame wins mid diff, due to overwhelming abilities that are able to be activated immediately. Such as, shark bomb spam, water dome, water clones (Which he can most likely explode - Feel like that’s where Itachi copies it from), shark form, etc. remember Kisame is a fast paced fighter, he uses his higher lvls of chakra to his advantage, and if Jiraiya is having to expend more chakra than he can charge, he’ll never reach SM. And Kisame has that.

However, if J-Man starts out in SM, he’s gonna be well outside Kisame’s weight class. J-Man blitzed Pain, put rinnegan user under genjutsu, rasengan that are ridiculously OP (What I mean is, they’ll deal more damage than Kisame can insta-regen from), immediate summons (Ma-Pa), etc. in SM, Jiraiya is just too much.

Avatar image for xmangog__beastx
xMangog__Beastx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bump

BatmanPlusJay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95  Edited By BatmanPlusJay

Idk.... Jiraiya got the frog mouth thing and that's type OP, kisame got the huge ass water prison, which honestly I think can easily be countered with sage mode and maybe even canceled out with jiraiya's fire style. But maybe not. Idk

ourmanuel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Jiraiya would win if he lasts long enough for sage mode.

If not, kisame would win high diff.

Earendill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#97  Edited By Earendill

Bump. Jiraiya stomps

WorldofRuin6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Would senjutsu turn samehada into a frog too? If not Kisame should win mid diff.

helloman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Jiraiya wins.

Avatar image for eternaldarkfury
EternalDarkFury

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This is honestly a tough one to decide but I will go with the Pervy Sage.