No Caption Provided

Who wins and why?

nefarious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

Jiraiya gave Pain a good fight. He would defeat Kisame with some difficulty.

PrinceAragorn1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Kisame noms him.

in before 'zomg itachi and Kisame were scared of jiraya'

NeonGameWave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Jiraiya should win based on feats but with high difficulty since Kisame`s later feats are no joke.

Pierpat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Jiraya summons some toad warriors to buy himself time to enter sage mode then wins.

It won't be easy, but he should make it.

Mije_101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Mije_101

Kisame wins slight majority, high difficulty.

Night4345

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Jiraiya.

Hulkage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

sage art toad oil.....then fire style

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pierpat said:

Jiraya summons some toad warriors to buy himself time to enter sage mode then wins.

Think he can win without sage mode? It was stated that Jiraiya doesn't like that form.

PrinceAragorn1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

slimj87d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Jiraiya can win but he'll need sage mode to do it. If kisame absorbs Jiraiya senjutsu then he'll turn into a statue.

He'll also need the toads to help him if Kisame summons that large body of water. The toads can support Jiraiya in their mouths and take him to safety.

It'll be a tough fight because of kisame sword and I think people can make excellent arguments for kisame as well.

Tohoma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Tohoma

Jiraiya takes the slight majority. Kisame will probably turn into a stone statue from absorbing sage chakra.

Pierpat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Pierpat

@jashro44 said:

@pierpat said:

Think he can win without sage mode? It was stated that Jiraiya doesn't like that form.

I don't think so honestly.

But i do think that he is smart and that he'll use it even if he does not like it, because even if he'd lose without it he's still good enough to hang around without getting killed long enough to acknowledge Kisame's strength, and realize, just like he did with pain, he needs the form.

PrinceAragorn1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By PrinceAragorn1

@slimj87d: well, the preta path absorbed a lot of senjutsu before.. that's assuming he even gets the time.

WastelandMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Jiraiya.

Hulkage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@princearagorn1: Has to tag him first.....Plus he can have fun being a statue

patrat18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#17  Edited By patrat18

Kisame. Jiraiya is not that strong..

PrinceAragorn1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hulkage: someone who keeps up with bee and gated gai isn't going to have trouble tagging jiraya lol.

Avatar image for immortalteknique
ImmortalTeknique

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Jiraiya

Avatar image for indomitableregal
IndomitableRegal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hmm... Kisame is somehow often underestimated in terms of power and speed despite almost beating Bee and Guy having to enter his 7th gate to beat him. In addition to that, he has a lot of range with his attacks and Samehada can absorb chakra (though I'm not sure what will happen if it absorbed senjutsu chakra). I still think that Jiraiya in Sage Mode can win a slight majority, but it will be with high difficulty.

Avatar image for Oreoassassin421
OreoAssassin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#21  Edited By OreoAssassin

I want to say Jiraiya but Kisame is just too much IMO

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bump.

Personally I think Jiraiya has a decent shot without sage mode. Kisame doesn't seem capable of easily absorbing his jutsus. Like when he used that one frog summon to block Kisame's sword to save naruto, and when he used the toad mouth trap samhada didn't seem like it could really absorb the attack.

Avatar image for itachi_totsukablitz
Itachi_Totsukablitz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Jiraiya upper end of mid difficulty or lower end of high difficulty.

Kisame isn't on his level.

juiceboks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 juiceboks  Moderator

Jiraiya upper end of mid difficulty or lower end of high difficulty.

Kisame isn't on his level.

So you're saying Jiraiya is above Jinchuriki level?

Kisame with some difficulty. Without Sage Mode he gets blitzed.

RedRanger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I've seen an amazing argument to why Kisame would win against him.

I don't believe in the hype that Itachi and Himself wanted to flee against J either.

Avatar image for deactivated-5cb5c24a12dfe
deactivated-5cb5c24a12dfe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I really wonder if Kisame could absorb sage chakra and if he would turn into a frog statue if he did. But even if sage chakra was lethal to him, Samehada would alert him and it would just mean that his absorbing abilities don't work in this battle.

kuroimugetsu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hmmm I actually think without pis Kisame could pull off a win. And only at extremely high difficulty. Here's why. His move set (especially with samehada) are hard to counter. So much that they had to use guy to go against him. Dont get me wrong they didnt "have" to use guy but still. Kisame absorbs all ninjutsu no? That's gunna be hard to counter. He can regen as well. He can put up water dome. He can spam shark bombs That eat chakra and grow bigger. basically if he has same hada (which can absorb up to 6 tails worth of chakra) he has a chance. If not then he loses mid to high mid difficulty

Hulkage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

My stance has actually changed. Kisame wins high difficulty.

rickythanos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Heavy hitters hit heavy.

In TEN battles, I'd see:

Stalemate: 4/10

Jiraya Victory: 4/10

Kisame Victory: 2/10

TheVivas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By TheVivas
No Caption Provided

ancient_god

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By ancient_god
Sy8000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If Kisame uses the water dome he used against Bee Jiraiya gets drowned. Otherwise I think Jiraiya is more versatile and has attacks he'll struggle to absorb not to mention Gambata can fight on water provided it's only the amount of water he used on team guy.

juiceboks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By juiceboks  Moderator

If Gai had to go Gates to avoid Kisame's shark bombs, Jiraiya isn't avoiding them without Sage Mode anytime soon.

Not to mention Kisame is much superior physically. Having gone toe to toe with B and Gai.

Noone301994

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Gracetrack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Gracetrack

My vote goes to Jiraiya. Bunta and Frog Song are pretty much all he really needs, but he has far more tools up his sleeve if necessary.

rickythanos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By rickythanos

@highaccuser said:

If Kisame uses the water dome he used against Bee Jiraiya gets drowned. Otherwise I think Jiraiya is more versatile and has attacks he'll struggle to absorb not to mention Gambata can fight on water provided it's only the amount of water he used on team guy.

Jiraya could just hide in the belly of a frog, and avoid drowning.

Jiraiya going sage mode would neutralize Samehada, unless Samehada can absorb senjutsu without turning to stone (which I doubt).

Given his amphibious summons and senjutsu, he's basically a worst-threat to Kisame. But Kisame is just so BAMF that he might pull a victory out anyway, by the skin of his teeth.

Gracetrack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Gracetrack

@rickythanos said:

Jiraya could just hide in the belly of a frog, and avoid drowning.

Jiraiya going sage mode would neutralize Samehada, unless Samehada can absorb senjutsu without turning to stone (which I doubt).

Given his amphibious summons and senjutsu, he's basically a worst-threat to Kisame.

This guy gets it.

Keehn93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If Gai had to go Gates to avoid Kisame's shark bombs, Jiraiya isn't avoiding them without Sage Mode anytime soon.

Blocks them with Raging art of the Lions Mane. Which is strong enough to completely crush the Crab Summoned by Pain & tear through metal pipes.

Kisame is strong & has great Stamina but he's not taking out Jiriaya. He has too many ninjutsu that can counter anything Kisame does. Super water shark bomb jutsu? Cool. Toad blade cut. No chakra. Would cut right through.

Also Kisame has no way to get out of Toad mouth trap. Itachi saved his life in part one.

Jiriaya can take out Kisame without Sage Mode in a tough fight but as soon as he goes SM it's over. No stopping him.

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lets keep in mind that Jiraiya doesn't like Sage Mode and the fact it takes Jiraiya a while to go into sage mode. So sage mode isn't an instant win for Jiraiya here.

Gracetrack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Gracetrack

@jashro44 said:

Lets keep in mind that Jiraiya doesn't like Sage Mode and the fact it takes Jiraiya a while to go into sage mode. So sage mode isn't an instant win for Jiraiya here.

True, it does take him some time to activate sage mode. However, it wasn't too much of an issue for him to activate it during his fight with Pain. And in that battle he was up against multiple high-level summons at once while he was trying to activate it. Shouldn't be much a problem for him to do it against a lone Kisame. Really just a matter of summoning Bunta and/or Gamaken to help out while he concentrates.

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jashro44 said:

True it does take him time to activate sage mode. However, it wasn't too much of an issue for him to activate it during his fight with Pain. And in that battle he was up against multiple high-level summons at once. Shouldn't be much a problem for him to activate it against a lone Kisame.

Well he did have a hard time making it to sage mode against pain. And I think a case can be made that Kisame is more formidable than the animal path (all 6 paths at once stomp Kisame but just animal path might be debatable...). All though I'm not saying its impossible, but I'm not sure if it would happen for a majority. Plus ma and pa said he doesn't like sage mode so it probably wont be Jiraiyas first move here. He only did it against pain because he had the rinnegan.

Gracetrack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jashro44 said:

Well he did have a hard time making it to sage mode against pain. And I think a case can be made that Kisame is more formidable than the animal path (all 6 paths at once stomp Kisame but just animal path might be debatable...). All though I'm not saying its impossible, but I'm not sure if it would happen for a majority. Plus ma and pa said he doesn't like sage mode so it probably wont be Jiraiyas first move here. He only did it against pain because he had the rinnegan.

Well no, I didn't say it would be his first move. But he'll definitely use it if necessary.

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jashro44 said:

Well no, I didn't say it would be his first move. But he'll definitely use it if necessary.

Thats fair. I'm just saying I don't think Jiraiya can go sage mode as easily as some people seem to think.

Mandarinestro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The Sannin

Gracetrack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By Gracetrack

@jashro44 said:

Thats fair. I'm just saying I don't think Jiraiya can go sage mode as easily as some people seem to think.

I agree. It won't be easy. But it definitely seems doable... if his Pain battle is any indication. I think if he wants to do it, he will do it, and there's not a whole lot Kisame can do to stop it in most cases. To my understanding, Kisame won't even know that he's doing it (gathering up sage chakra) until it's too late.

kuroimugetsu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By kuroimugetsu

Does the frog breath under water? If not the frog drowns too ... and the poof ...jiraiya drowns next

Gracetrack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By Gracetrack

@kuroimugetsu said:

Does the frog breath under water? If not the frog drowns too ... and the poof ...jiraiya drowns next

Adult frogs cannot technically breathe underwater, but they can stay submerged for quite some time. When hibernating, they can stay under far longer still.

Nomar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By Nomar

Lets just be clear. This isn't going to be an easy battle for anybody involved. It's 6/10 for whoever the victor is. My money is on Kisame.

kuroimugetsu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@omnicrono: I can accept that. But any proof that j mans frogs can do this? I don't doubt that something that big can't so it's probably likely. but that frog can still get hit with water shark bomb underwater in which movement is slower. Even ask Bee. And he was an octopus. So I still think water dome has a chance but it has to be with samehada. Otherwise j man is just to versitile here. If bloodlusted and immediate water dome and samalehada. I go with kisame. But hmmm that frog song. Sound travels faster in water too. I'dk yet