Jiraiya vs Itachi Uchiha and Kisame Hoshigaki

• 113 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for swordandshields
SwordandShields

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By SwordandShields

Jiraiya vs Itachi Uchiha and Kisame

Battle rules:

morals off

win by death.

Qpzmg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Qpzmg

Jiraya. Itachi said that even if they had reinforcements they steal would have a hard time beating Jiraya.

TheGirugamesh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By TheGirugamesh

@Qpzmg said:

Jiraya. Itachi said that even if they had reinforcements they steal would have a hard time beating Jiraya.

That translation varies a lot. In one it says that, but in others it says that the two of them together "would have a hard time beating him" and more of them that "if Itachi were to go 1v1 with Jiraiya then both would die".

I'm of the belief that the latter is true, going by feats. Honestly I would give Itachi the win alone, unless Jiraiya started off in sage mode.

Dredeuced

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Dredeuced

Jiraiya going all out would probably struggle with Mangekyo abusing Itachi. Kisame probably swings it for the team.

PrinceAragorn1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By PrinceAragorn1

Going with Itachi and kisame. They have an extraordinary tactician with them, and other a chakra hungry monster. Of course, Jiraya is not to be taken lightly, but 2 on 1? They manage to take him out.

NeonGameWave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By NeonGameWave

Jiraiya has more experience and has better techniques, he wins.

Phoenix6000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#7  Edited By Phoenix6000

@NeonGameWave said:

No defense against Amaterasu. He doesn't have the speed feats to avoid Itachi's line of sight. OP didn't state he starts in Sage Mode either, so no defense against Tsukuyomi and limited defense against Ephemeral. By the time he releases it, Itachi has explosive clones set or Kisame's already blitzed. Not to mention J-man was stunned by how the duo escaped Toad Mouth Trap. If both sides have prior knowledge, the duo won't give him a chance to enter Sage Mode or summon Gama, making it even more one-sided. Samehada, Susano'o and Izanami make it overkill.

J-man's good, but Part II feats for the duo give them a definitive edge. They take it with mid/high-difficulty.

PrinceAragorn1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By PrinceAragorn1

@Phoenix6000 said:

@NeonGameWave said:

No defense against Amaterasu. He doesn't have the speed feats to avoid Itachi's line of sight. OP didn't state he starts in Sage Mode either, so no defense against Tsukuyomi and limited defense against Ephemeral. By the time he releases it, Itachi has explosive clones set or Kisame's already blitzed. Not to mention J-man was stunned by how the duo escaped Toad Mouth Trap. If both sides have prior knowledge, the duo won't give him a chance to enter Sage Mode or summon Gama, making it even more one-sided.

J-man's good, but Part II feats for the duo give them a definitive edge. Susano'o, Izanami and Samehada are overkill

Btw I forgot what Ephemeral was..

Phoenix6000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Phoenix6000

The technique where Itachi points his finger at someone and puts them under genjutsu.

PrinceAragorn1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By PrinceAragorn1

@Phoenix6000 said:

The technique where Itachi points his finger at someone and puts them under genjutsu.

I see.. I always called it pointing genjutsu lol

Imagine_Man15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#11  Edited By Imagine_Man15

Going off of feats, I always felt that Jiraiya and Itachi were pretty much equal in overall power. Throwing Kisame into the mix tilts it in favor of the team.

nishi99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By nishi99

Itachi solos

YoungChief

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By YoungChief

IF he starts in sage mode I'd say Jiraiya can take Itachi, I always felt we never got to see even half of his jutsu, hell his fight with pain was mostly off panel and when they went back that place looked like a tornado hit it. Jiraiya is aware of what Itachi can do too, I give it to Jiraiya 6/10. As for both of them at the same time? Well I don't know, if Jiraiya gets Ma and Pa's genjutsu completed it's a stomp but it takes time to do, so I'd say he loses that one

TheGirugamesh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By TheGirugamesh

@YoungChief said:

IF he starts in sage mode I'd say Jiraiya can take Itachi, I always felt we never got to see even half of his jutsu, hell his fight with pain was mostly off panel and when they went back that place looked like a tornado hit it. Jiraiya is aware of what Itachi can do too, I give it to Jiraiya 6/10. As for both of them at the same time? Well I don't know, if Jiraiya gets Ma and Pa's genjutsu completed it's a stomp but it takes time to do, so I'd say he loses that one

This.

That's why I say Itachi would solo this as it stands, because Jiraiya isn't starting in sage mode.

The location of the fight is important as well, Jiraiya was only able to buy the time needed for the frog song because he was fighting in a complex city, but if he were to fight Itachi and Kisame in an open field he's got no chance.

Avatar image for essentiallyheroes
EssentiallyHeroes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Jiraiya was soloing the Pains until they cheated and healed the bodies. But Itachi's genjutsu is nothing to ignore. If Jiraiya gets caught he will be in trouble. But I don't think he will let that happen. But then there is always Amaterasu and Susano'o. That and Kisame's water dome shark fusion. But then Jiraiya can always summon Gamabunta and his pals.

So I think that even in sage mode, Jiraiya would have trouble taking the Akatsuki. Even if he could stall long enough to attain Sage mode, he might not make it. Giant Rasengan may not break through Susano'o and Kisame would only eat it. So I'll go with them.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c8c48323d2d9
deactivated-5c8c48323d2d9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@girugamesh said:

@Qpzmg said:

That translation varies a lot. In one it says that, but in others it says that the two of them together "would have a hard time beating him" and more of them that "if Itachi were to go 1v1 with Jiraiya then both would die".

I'm of the belief that the latter is true, going by feats. Honestly I would give Itachi the win alone, unless Jiraiya started off in sage mode.

I wouldn't really trust what naruto characters say about each other. Pein single-handedly bet an 8tailed Naruto and forced him to go 9 tails while Jiaraya struggled against 4-5 tails(I can't quite remember) despite what Pein said. We also have Sasori who has been told to be Diedaras superior but upon the battlefield, he's shown to be on a completely different level to Sasori. There are many examples in naruto of characters words not living up to the hype and so I don't really trust words like that as a credible source.

Granted Jiaraya is powerful, don't get me wrong he is a great character and a battle between Itachi and Jiaraya would be amazing but I think that Itachi would always come out on top.

Let's not forget that as well known Itachi is at Genjutsu, he's also well known for his Tai, Nin and his intelligence. He's one of those characters that have actually delivered the hype they've been served. He makes seals that move soo fast that cannot be seen by trained Jounin eyes.

As it stands, without fully seeing Jiaraya's potential. I see Itachi defeating Jiaraya by himself.

His arsenal is just too big for Jiaraya to handle.

In sage mode, Jiaraya has the advantage of physical strength and speed but its nothing that Itachi's eyes couldn't handle. Itachi's speed alone has shown to be nearly as quick as Jiaraya's and his recent tangles has shown that he can certainly handle speedsters.

Itachi however has the arsenals and the intelligence to just put jiaraya down.

TheGirugamesh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By TheGirugamesh

@soaringturkeys said:

@girugamesh said:

@Qpzmg said:

I wouldn't really trust what naruto characters say about each other. Pein single-handedly bet an 8tailed Naruto and forced him to go 9 tails while Jiaraya struggled against 4-5 tails(I can't quite remember) despite what Pein said. We also have Sasori who has been told to be Diedaras superior but upon the battlefield, he's shown to be on a completely different level to Sasori. There are many examples in naruto of characters words not living up to the hype and so I don't really trust words like that as a credible source.

Granted Jiaraya is powerful, don't get me wrong he is a great character and a battle between Itachi and Jiaraya would be amazing but I think that Itachi would always come out on top.

Let's not forget that as well known Itachi is at Genjutsu, he's also well known for his Tai, Nin and his intelligence. He's one of those characters that have actually delivered the hype they've been served. He makes seals that move soo fast that cannot be seen by trained Jounin eyes.

As it stands, without fully seeing Jiaraya's potential. I see Itachi defeating Jiaraya by himself.

In sage mode, Jiaraya has the advantage of physical strength and speed but its nothing that Itachi's eyes couldn't handle. Itachi's speed alone has shown to be nearly as quick as Jiaraya's and his recent tangles has shown that he can certainly handle speedsters.

Agreed, feats>>character statements. One of the reasons I argued many times that Hashirama is a stupid character and we can't know his real strength.

But to be fair Pain beat a 6 tailed Naruto, the 8 tailed one broke out of the chibaku tensei and would have crushed him.

Itachi has enough to put Jiraiya down, certainly a Jiraiya who isn't in sage mode.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c8c48323d2d9
deactivated-5c8c48323d2d9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@girugamesh said:

@soaringturkeys said:

@girugamesh said:

@Qpzmg said:

Agreed, feats>>character statements. One of the reasons I argued many times that Hashirama is a stupid character and we can't know his real strength.

But to be fair Pain beat a 6 tailed Naruto, the 8 tailed one broke out of the chibaku tensei and would have crushed him.

Itachi has enough to put Jiraiya down, certainly a Jiraiya who isn't in sage mode.

Yup that true. Jiaraya was just a character that was not given his due diligence. Though, to be fair, his death served a really big purpose in naruto.

terry2012

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#19  Edited By terry2012

@girugamesh said:

@Qpzmg said:

Avatar image for Oreoassassin421
OreoAssassin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By OreoAssassin

Itachi solos

Z___

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Kisame seals the win.

Z'

Hulkage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Jiraiya can win but the team takes a majority

Avatar image for itachi_totsukablitz
Itachi_Totsukablitz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm afraid that statement got retconned by shonen progression lol.Both Itachi and Kisame can solo Jiraiya, even in SM tbqh.

PrinceAragorn1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Either one of the team solos really.

Avatar image for fist_of_ragnarok
Fist_of_Ragnarok

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Who knows ? Jiraiya did say Itachi could best him ( and he was not talking about the nine-tails people)

106me

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By 106me

I don't know about Kisame soloing, but Itachi can definitely take Jaraiya on. Sage Mode only makes it fair for a one on one fight with Itachi, but it's not doing jack if he has to fight Kisame and Itachi at the same time.

And I mean really, how is a morals off-Itachi fair for this battle? All of Itachi's known battles have always been morals on for him. Itachi will just start going for the kill and dominate Jaraiya right off the bat while Kisame happily makes this a stompfest.

Team 2 destroys.

ancient_god

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By ancient_god

Jiraiya gets stomped

Sy8000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Both solo

D3athstroke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By D3athstroke

Jiraya roflstomps.

Itachi and Kisame said that they would be stomped against J man and even if they had help from someone else from Akatsuki best they would manage would be tie.

Neither of them has any hope of getting out of Yamni noma or blocking Frog Song.

Even to block basic oil+fire combo Itachi would be forced to use Susano'o and draingimself to death and Samehada can barely absorb fire techniques not to mention Burning OIL itself.

RedRanger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Oh god what we're you all thinking 2 years ago

Abyssdarkfire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Itachi vs Jiraiya is a good matchup and could go either way though i give the Itachi the slight advantage to Itachi due to his hax Susanoo with Totsuka blade and Yata mirror. Now if we throw in Kisame who is beast in his own right and could probably put a decent fight and maybe even take Jiraiya in a one-one completly tips the scales in the team favor 10/10 times.

RukelnikovFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By RukelnikovFTW

Jiraiya's only chance is in SM, OP hasn't stated whether he starts in it, or what the battlefield is. So ill asses the fight with Jiraiya in SM.

Now, samehada would be Kisame's downfall, it abosorbs chackra, meaning that kisame will be turned to stone after his first swing, neither Kisame nor Itachi have knowledge on this so thats it for kisame.

On to Itachi, Ma and Pa make Tsukuyomi or Ephemereal totally useless since they can bring J-man out of it instantly, Amaterasu could be a problem, but Jiraiya has actually extinguished it in their only encounter. Susanoo on the other hand could probably block most of Jiraiya's techniques, but has been proven to not help against sound based attacks, so Ma and Pa's song is still gonna pwn Itachi, i know the song takes some time to perform, but they have plenty of ways to get that time, for starters summoning Gamabunta or the other frogs could help, Jiraiya spamming huge area Jutsu's can also work, and even if Itachi pops Susanoo it doesn't protect from below so Jiraiya's Yomi Numa (instant swamp he used against Manda) should still work, making itachi lose balance.

As long as he starts in Sage mode. J-Man 8/10 (Other cases are Tokutsa hits, and troublesome amaterasu's followed by killing/KOing Ma or Pa)

If he doesn't start in SM, Itachi and Kisame 8/10 (The other cases are scenarios where Jiraiya can stall enough to enter SM)

intercepter101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rukelnikovftw: I have to disagree, sage mode jiraiya loses badly to itachi even in a solo fight. Ma and pa won't be able to take Jiraiya out of the tsukuyomi because itachi has complete control over time, the second he is placed in the genjutsu he would already have been tortured for days on end. and Jiraiya only extinguished amaterasu with the help of a scroll and i doubt he could do that while BURNING ALIVE. also what is this stupid arguement with sound. even Temari as a chunin was able to counter sound attacks when she knew about them. and Itachi has some of the best perception in the series (figuring out chibaku tensei in seconds, figuring out hidans jutsu in seconds) so seeing 2 frogs scream at him he would have already been able to escape (especially since he is much faster than sound) and any large opponents they try to summon like gamabunta are fodder to the susanoo, since the guidebooks stated that orochimaru's great 8 headed serpant was the strongest sage summoning and itachi beat it with no difficulty. no attack he has is getting passed the yata mirror, Naruto using the massive rasengan couldnt even break madaras rib cage, let alone a weaker rasengan breaking yata mirror. Jiraiya has no feasible way. thanks to morals off, the milisecond the fight begins itachi puts him under tsukuyomi and seals him.

Avatar image for proteusxmanrxis
ProteusXManRxis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#34  Edited By ProteusXManRxis

Akatuski duo.

XiantherMalde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Itachi was lying when he said he cant beat jiraiya. Itachi could go at faster than light speed and beat jiraiya.

RukelnikovFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rukelnikovftw: I have to disagree, sage mode jiraiya loses badly to itachi even in a solo fight. Ma and pa won't be able to take Jiraiya out of the tsukuyomi because itachi has complete control over time, the second he is placed in the genjutsu he would already have been tortured for days on end. and Jiraiya only extinguished amaterasu with the help of a scroll and i doubt he could do that while BURNING ALIVE. also what is this stupid arguement with sound. even Temari as a chunin was able to counter sound attacks when she knew about them. and Itachi has some of the best perception in the series (figuring out chibaku tensei in seconds, figuring out hidans jutsu in seconds) so seeing 2 frogs scream at him he would have already been able to escape (especially since he is much faster than sound) and any large opponents they try to summon like gamabunta are fodder to the susanoo, since the guidebooks stated that orochimaru's great 8 headed serpant was the strongest sage summoning and itachi beat it with no difficulty. no attack he has is getting passed the yata mirror, Naruto using the massive rasengan couldnt even break madaras rib cage, let alone a weaker rasengan breaking yata mirror. Jiraiya has no feasible way. thanks to morals off, the milisecond the fight begins itachi puts him under tsukuyomi and seals him.

Ma and Pa very probably cant get jiraiya out of Trukuyomi, idk why I said that, even then Jiraiya knows about tsukuyomi, and only needs to buy enough time for Ma and Pa to get the song going, Itachi has no defense against it whatsoever, while Jiraiya can close his eyes and rely on Sage sense to put distance between Itachi and them. It depends a lot on the location which may make posible to buy this time or not.

Slade-Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Slade-Prime

Lol anyone of them solos. Itachi no diffed the strongest sannin-orochimaru in his early turns, like he literally blinked gg'ed him and then proceeded to do it again while he was near death. So idk what you guys think Jiraya is going to do but ok.

intercepter101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rukelnikovftw: morals are off though so itachi ends him as soon as the battle starts. reminder that as stated in the light novels that mangekyou sharingan genjutsu doesn't require eye contact. and that a weakened itachi was able to fight on par with kcm naruto who speed blitzed the raikage at his strongest. I don't see jiraiya even able to do anything before he gets stealed.

RukelnikovFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rukelnikovftw: morals are off though so itachi ends him as soon as the battle starts. reminder that as stated in the light novels that mangekyou sharingan genjutsu doesn't require eye contact. and that a weakened itachi was able to fight on par with kcm naruto who speed blitzed the raikage at his strongest. I don't see jiraiya even able to do anything before he gets stealed.

Itachi couldn't use Tsukuyomi on Kabuto because his Sage Mode prevented eye contact, nevermind what the novels say, the manga is the primary canon, and so takes priority. Also, Edo Itachi was arguably more powerful than living Itachi, his illness was not hampering him, and while living his chackra reserves were rather low, a weakness Edo Tensei bypassed.

intercepter101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rukelnikovftw: stronger than he was when sick sure. But this is normal itachi since it's not stated otherwise. And his chakra pools are nt that low, since even when sick he could spam susanoo and amaterasu pretty well.

RukelnikovFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rukelnikovftw: stronger than he was when sick sure. But this is normal itachi since it's not stated otherwise. And his chakra pools are nt that low, since even when sick he could spam susanoo and amaterasu pretty well.

We have no idea what a healthy Itachi is like, just like prime Hiruzen, hype but no feats. And no, Itachi could barely hold Susano'o for a minute and was already empty of chackra

intercepter101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By intercepter101

It's way more than what he needs to blitz jiraiya. Bottom line jiraiya is not keeping up with someone as fast as healthy itachi. To say he could would be like saying he could tag kcm naruto

the_wspanialy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Itachi solos, Kisame propably solos. Duo murderstomp.

Avatar image for tomtheawesome123
tomtheawesome123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_wspanialy@jashro44: Yeah pretty much, this is what happens when 4 year old + threads get revived sometimes, characters get new showings and become stronger at different rates leading to what was once an even fight becoming an lol stomp

An example would be Might Guy vs Spiderman 8 years ago.

Can this thread be locked please?

Streak619

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If he starts off in sage mode, and he doesn't get cocky, then he can win

Zuriel-el

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

even in base, jiraiya would be a match for both these guys, jiraiya wont look into a sharingan (he's got more experience than both combined), and his fuin jutsu renders amaterasu useless (its not like itachi can just spam it every where, he'd be killing his partner as well), jiraoya can switch out with a clone like he did with pain (rinnegan trumps sharingan, itachi wont see jack) and garther chakra, he could even hide inside a small toad and have it return to myoubokuza and return with lord fukasaku and lady shima, samemodori no jutsu (water dome) at this point would be insipid as sound travels faster in water and would result in an instant ko from sound based genjutsu.

if jiraiya chose to run around like he did in the fight with pain it would be far more difficult but he could pull it off, his dark swamp woild make uaing susanoo difficult and of course his ranjishigami no jutsu would beat kisames sharks (provided they're not fighting on the sea).

Avatar image for wally_west-the_fastest_man_ali
Wally_West-The_Fastest_Man_Alive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Streak619

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@intercepter101: you do realise base Jiraiya is still higher jounin level right? He could blitz base Naruto easily. After sage mode, it is reasonable he can keep up with the lightning tiers

Thenewguysnm1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If he starts off in sage mode, and he doesn't get cocky, then he can win

firstly he starts in base and they would not let him transform secondly no he cant win has no counter to genjtutsu or izanami or koto aswell as kisame

this is how it goes genjutsu gg of the bat

or after a long fight sussano x giant lake jutsu equals a dead jirayia

zensum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Tsukuyomi and its over