#1 Posted by SwordandShields (710 posts) - - Show Bio

Jiraiya vs Itachi Uchiha and Kisame

Battle rules:

morals off

win by death.

#2 Posted by Qpzmg (976 posts) - - Show Bio

Jiraya. Itachi said that even if they had reinforcements they steal would have a hard time beating Jiraya.

#3 Posted by girugamesh (427 posts) - - Show Bio

@Qpzmg said:

Jiraya. Itachi said that even if they had reinforcements they steal would have a hard time beating Jiraya.

That translation varies a lot. In one it says that, but in others it says that the two of them together "would have a hard time beating him" and more of them that "if Itachi were to go 1v1 with Jiraiya then both would die".

I'm of the belief that the latter is true, going by feats. Honestly I would give Itachi the win alone, unless Jiraiya started off in sage mode.

#4 Posted by Dredeuced (4499 posts) - - Show Bio

Jiraiya going all out would probably struggle with Mangekyo abusing Itachi. Kisame probably swings it for the team.

#5 Posted by PrinceAragorn1 (14283 posts) - - Show Bio

Going with Itachi and kisame. They have an extraordinary tactician with them, and other a chakra hungry monster. Of course, Jiraya is not to be taken lightly, but 2 on 1? They manage to take him out.

#6 Edited by NeonGameWave (7221 posts) - - Show Bio

Jiraiya has more experience and has better techniques, he wins.

#7 Edited by Phoenix6000 (107 posts) - - Show Bio

@NeonGameWave said:

No defense against Amaterasu. He doesn't have the speed feats to avoid Itachi's line of sight. OP didn't state he starts in Sage Mode either, so no defense against Tsukuyomi and limited defense against Ephemeral. By the time he releases it, Itachi has explosive clones set or Kisame's already blitzed. Not to mention J-man was stunned by how the duo escaped Toad Mouth Trap. If both sides have prior knowledge, the duo won't give him a chance to enter Sage Mode or summon Gama, making it even more one-sided. Samehada, Susano'o and Izanami make it overkill.

J-man's good, but Part II feats for the duo give them a definitive edge. They take it with mid/high-difficulty.

#8 Edited by PrinceAragorn1 (14283 posts) - - Show Bio

@Phoenix6000 said:

@NeonGameWave said:

No defense against Amaterasu. He doesn't have the speed feats to avoid Itachi's line of sight. OP didn't state he starts in Sage Mode either, so no defense against Tsukuyomi and limited defense against Ephemeral. By the time he releases it, Itachi has explosive clones set or Kisame's already blitzed. Not to mention J-man was stunned by how the duo escaped Toad Mouth Trap. If both sides have prior knowledge, the duo won't give him a chance to enter Sage Mode or summon Gama, making it even more one-sided.

J-man's good, but Part II feats for the duo give them a definitive edge. Susano'o, Izanami and Samehada are overkill

Btw I forgot what Ephemeral was..

#9 Edited by Phoenix6000 (107 posts) - - Show Bio

The technique where Itachi points his finger at someone and puts them under genjutsu.

#10 Posted by PrinceAragorn1 (14283 posts) - - Show Bio

@Phoenix6000 said:

The technique where Itachi points his finger at someone and puts them under genjutsu.

I see.. I always called it pointing genjutsu lol

#11 Posted by Imagine_Man15 (1785 posts) - - Show Bio

Going off of feats, I always felt that Jiraiya and Itachi were pretty much equal in overall power. Throwing Kisame into the mix tilts it in favor of the team.

#12 Posted by nishi99 (374 posts) - - Show Bio

Itachi solos

#13 Posted by YoungChief (300 posts) - - Show Bio

IF he starts in sage mode I'd say Jiraiya can take Itachi, I always felt we never got to see even half of his jutsu, hell his fight with pain was mostly off panel and when they went back that place looked like a tornado hit it. Jiraiya is aware of what Itachi can do too, I give it to Jiraiya 6/10. As for both of them at the same time? Well I don't know, if Jiraiya gets Ma and Pa's genjutsu completed it's a stomp but it takes time to do, so I'd say he loses that one

#14 Posted by girugamesh (427 posts) - - Show Bio

@YoungChief said:

IF he starts in sage mode I'd say Jiraiya can take Itachi, I always felt we never got to see even half of his jutsu, hell his fight with pain was mostly off panel and when they went back that place looked like a tornado hit it. Jiraiya is aware of what Itachi can do too, I give it to Jiraiya 6/10. As for both of them at the same time? Well I don't know, if Jiraiya gets Ma and Pa's genjutsu completed it's a stomp but it takes time to do, so I'd say he loses that one

This.

That's why I say Itachi would solo this as it stands, because Jiraiya isn't starting in sage mode.

The location of the fight is important as well, Jiraiya was only able to buy the time needed for the frog song because he was fighting in a complex city, but if he were to fight Itachi and Kisame in an open field he's got no chance.

#15 Posted by UltimateHero0406 (2160 posts) - - Show Bio

Jiraiya was soloing the Pains until they cheated and healed the bodies. But Itachi's genjutsu is nothing to ignore. If Jiraiya gets caught he will be in trouble. But I don't think he will let that happen. But then there is always Amaterasu and Susano'o. That and Kisame's water dome shark fusion. But then Jiraiya can always summon Gamabunta and his pals.

So I think that even in sage mode, Jiraiya would have trouble taking the Akatsuki. Even if he could stall long enough to attain Sage mode, he might not make it. Giant Rasengan may not break through Susano'o and Kisame would only eat it. So I'll go with them.

#16 Posted by soaringturkeys (293 posts) - - Show Bio

@girugamesh said:

@Qpzmg said:

That translation varies a lot. In one it says that, but in others it says that the two of them together "would have a hard time beating him" and more of them that "if Itachi were to go 1v1 with Jiraiya then both would die".

I'm of the belief that the latter is true, going by feats. Honestly I would give Itachi the win alone, unless Jiraiya started off in sage mode.

I wouldn't really trust what naruto characters say about each other. Pein single-handedly bet an 8tailed Naruto and forced him to go 9 tails while Jiaraya struggled against 4-5 tails(I can't quite remember) despite what Pein said. We also have Sasori who has been told to be Diedaras superior but upon the battlefield, he's shown to be on a completely different level to Sasori. There are many examples in naruto of characters words not living up to the hype and so I don't really trust words like that as a credible source.

Granted Jiaraya is powerful, don't get me wrong he is a great character and a battle between Itachi and Jiaraya would be amazing but I think that Itachi would always come out on top.

Let's not forget that as well known Itachi is at Genjutsu, he's also well known for his Tai, Nin and his intelligence. He's one of those characters that have actually delivered the hype they've been served. He makes seals that move soo fast that cannot be seen by trained Jounin eyes.

As it stands, without fully seeing Jiaraya's potential. I see Itachi defeating Jiaraya by himself.

His arsenal is just too big for Jiaraya to handle.

In sage mode, Jiaraya has the advantage of physical strength and speed but its nothing that Itachi's eyes couldn't handle. Itachi's speed alone has shown to be nearly as quick as Jiaraya's and his recent tangles has shown that he can certainly handle speedsters.

Itachi however has the arsenals and the intelligence to just put jiaraya down.

#17 Posted by girugamesh (427 posts) - - Show Bio

@soaringturkeys said:

@girugamesh said:

@Qpzmg said:

I wouldn't really trust what naruto characters say about each other. Pein single-handedly bet an 8tailed Naruto and forced him to go 9 tails while Jiaraya struggled against 4-5 tails(I can't quite remember) despite what Pein said. We also have Sasori who has been told to be Diedaras superior but upon the battlefield, he's shown to be on a completely different level to Sasori. There are many examples in naruto of characters words not living up to the hype and so I don't really trust words like that as a credible source.

Granted Jiaraya is powerful, don't get me wrong he is a great character and a battle between Itachi and Jiaraya would be amazing but I think that Itachi would always come out on top.

Let's not forget that as well known Itachi is at Genjutsu, he's also well known for his Tai, Nin and his intelligence. He's one of those characters that have actually delivered the hype they've been served. He makes seals that move soo fast that cannot be seen by trained Jounin eyes.

As it stands, without fully seeing Jiaraya's potential. I see Itachi defeating Jiaraya by himself.

In sage mode, Jiaraya has the advantage of physical strength and speed but its nothing that Itachi's eyes couldn't handle. Itachi's speed alone has shown to be nearly as quick as Jiaraya's and his recent tangles has shown that he can certainly handle speedsters.

Agreed, feats>>character statements. One of the reasons I argued many times that Hashirama is a stupid character and we can't know his real strength.

But to be fair Pain beat a 6 tailed Naruto, the 8 tailed one broke out of the chibaku tensei and would have crushed him.

Itachi has enough to put Jiraiya down, certainly a Jiraiya who isn't in sage mode.

#18 Posted by soaringturkeys (293 posts) - - Show Bio

@girugamesh said:

@soaringturkeys said:

@girugamesh said:

@Qpzmg said:

Agreed, feats>>character statements. One of the reasons I argued many times that Hashirama is a stupid character and we can't know his real strength.

But to be fair Pain beat a 6 tailed Naruto, the 8 tailed one broke out of the chibaku tensei and would have crushed him.

Itachi has enough to put Jiraiya down, certainly a Jiraiya who isn't in sage mode.

Yup that true. Jiaraya was just a character that was not given his due diligence. Though, to be fair, his death served a really big purpose in naruto.