Jet Li vs Jason Statham (Movie Characters)

MonsterStomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By MonsterStomp

Team Jet

• Han Sing (Romeo Must Die)
  • Wah Sing Ku (Lethal Weapon 4)
  • Liu Jian (Kiss of the Dragon)
  • Danny (Unleashed)
  • Su (Cradle 2 the Grave)

VS

Team Jason

• Frank Martin (Transporter)
  • Lee Christmas (Expendables)
  • Arthur Bishop (The Mechanic)
  • Luke Wright (Safe)
  • Danny Bryce (Killer Elite)

Round One: Random encounter

Round Two: A week preparation

In character, at peak performance, standard equipment, fight takes place in an abandoned office building.

Which team wins and why?

theONEtaichou

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By theONEtaichou

Gabe Law solo's!!!

DTFB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By DTFB

@theONEtaichou said:

Gabe Law solo's!!!

MonsterStomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By MonsterStomp

@theONEtaichou said:

Gabe Law solo's!!!

How? Note, this isn't Yulaw.

Bo88gdan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Bo88gdan

Jet Li

MonsterStomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By MonsterStomp

@Bo88gdan: Got an explanation?

Rumble Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#7  Edited By Rumble Man

@MonsterStomp: Fearless

Avatar image for wavemotioncannon
WaveMotionCannon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By WaveMotionCannon

Danny the Dog FTW

Bo88gdan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Bo88gdan

Jet li have more fictional power strenght and also better technic

Alexman113

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Alexman113

@MonsterStomp said:

@theONEtaichou said:

Gabe Law solo's!!!

It doesn't matter. Gabe is equal to Yu in power and beat him in a fight. Gabe is still the only superhuman here.

theONEtaichou

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By theONEtaichou

@Alexman113 said:

@MonsterStomp said:

@theONEtaichou said:

Gabe Law solo's!!!

It doesn't matter. Gabe is equal to Yu in power and beat him in a fight. Gabe is still the only superhuman here.

what he said!!

nerdork

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By nerdork

Take out Gabe Law. Otherwise, this is an insane mismatch. Or, is this Jason Statham Spite?

MonsterStomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By MonsterStomp

@Alexman113 said:

@MonsterStomp said:

@theONEtaichou said:

Gabe Law solo's!!!

Tell me something, can Gabe tank a bullet, to... to the head? I did say standard equipment and most of team Jason are pro gun wielders.

MonsterStomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By MonsterStomp

@Rumble Man said:

@MonsterStomp: Fearless

Umm... Cool?

Rumble Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#15  Edited By Rumble Man

@MonsterStomp: its a good movie

MonsterStomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By MonsterStomp

@Rumble Man said:

It was all right. I'd take Kiss of the Dragon over all of Jet Li's movies.

Avatar image for smart_dork_dude
Smart_Dork_Dude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#17  Edited By Smart_Dork_Dude

Jet Li

nerdork

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By nerdork

@MonsterStomp said:

@Alexman113 said:

@MonsterStomp said:

@theONEtaichou said:

Gabe Law solo's!!!

Tell me something, can Gabe tank a bullet, to... to the head? I did say standard equipment and most of team Jason are pro gun wielders.

Tanking has nothing to do with it, when he has the reaction time to dodge bullets. Did you see The One? time moved exponentially slower during the last fight scene. (3:48) This definitely shows he has the potential and ability to dodge a bullet, especially mid fight when he is already going full tilt.

MonsterStomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By MonsterStomp

@nerdork: Good scene, but nothing conclusive. In the slow motion fight, time sped up whenever Gabe hit Yulaw, everything sped up (refer to the machine behind Gabe).

nerdork

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By nerdork

@MonsterStomp said:

@Rumble Man said:

It was all right. I'd take Kiss of the Dragon over all of Jet Li's movies.

I'd take Unleashed over it all

nerdork

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By nerdork

@MonsterStomp: True, time sped up, a little. but nothing compared to regular time. I was just saying that he has the potential to dodge bullets. And, with all of the other Jet Li's running around, Team Jasons will be too distracted to get a bead on Gabe to kill him. If you took Gabe out of the line up, and put in almost any other character he has played, it will be a very close match-up. Danny and Gabe will prove to be too much. And i love Jason Statham...why you have to kill them? :(

MonsterStomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By MonsterStomp

@nerdork said:

@MonsterStomp: True, time sped up, a little. but nothing compared to regular time. I was just saying that he has the potential to dodge bullets. And, with all of the other Jet Li's running around, Team Jasons will be too distracted to get a bead on Gabe to kill him. If you took Gabe out of the line up, and put in almost any other character he has played, it will be a very close match-up. Danny and Gabe will prove to be too much. And i love Jason Statham...why you have to kill them? :(

Gabe is overrated here IMO. How does he handle Lee or Frank who have done some pretty fast attacks? Lee has 3 slashed a guy in Expendables which looked inhumanly fast. Frank has fought in sped up scenes which also looked inhumanly fast. Its not a stomp IMO.

terry2012

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#23  Edited By terry2012

@theONEtaichou:This.

nerdork

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By nerdork

@MonsterStomp: I see your point, but him being overrated, is purely you opinion and not cannon...i mean, he beat Yu. If we are to use cannon, then Gabe beat a guy who has the strength to lift a motorcylce with one hand and use it as a club to kill a cop, was fast enough to strike multiple times before a spark, that was mid-air, fell to the ground; and had agility enough to run up walls, vertically and perpendicularly at decent length. And Gabe had the durability to tank those attacks, keep up and continue to fight...oh, and win. I'd do a video for this too, but i am at work and about to leave. Plus im on my phone. Oh, and i watched the video i posted again...time doesnt speed up for Gabe, it is a bad style of cinametography to make them appear to be moving more quickly and sporadically.

Please dont get me wrong, i love all of the characters that Jason Statham has done. And yes, Frank and Lee had a lot of impressive feats... but mainly against, the epitome of, unimpressive fighters. They did have a few encounters with, what would be, their counterparts in the film, but he always seems to just kick the crap out of them...and that takes the drecit away from his opponents. We need him to have close gight before we can truly judge his opponents. Even when Lee fought Scott Atkins (Expendables 2) by the helicopter...it just should have gone on longer to showcase more of his technique against a single fighter.

How is any of what Frank or Lee done, compare to the unrealistic (quasi-superpowered) feats that were performed by Gabe? It doesnt... and that is because 'The One' was a poorly written film from the early start of the 2nd millenium, capitalizing on the release of X-Men just a year earlier to bring Martial Arts into the 'Super' universe. Its not fair for the Statham's to have Gabe in Team 2...especially when he has Danny to back him up. The way i look at it...

1. Gabe (he just outclasses everybody)

2. Danny

3. Lee

4. Frank

5. Danny Bryce or Liu Jian

6. Han Sing

7. Luke Wright

8. Su

9. Arthur Bishop.

Great Thread though...love the characters and movies here.

Avatar image for New_World_Order
New_World_Order

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By New_World_Order

Li

Avatar image for theamazingimmortalman
TheAmazingImmortalMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

team Jet Li ftw

MonsterStomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By MonsterStomp

@nerdork: Yulaw's feats seemed to be mute in the final fight. If anything he should have bested Gabe based on feats. Yulaw was able to own a room full of SWAT personel and move from opponent to opponent before the previous opponent fell to the ground. He didn't use that speed in the final fight. They seemed to be fighting on equal ground. Even still, you're ignoring the battle terms. No one on Team Jet has dodged bullets as consistanly as Team Jason, and Team Jason has weapons in their arsenel as standard equipment.

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#28  Edited By the_stegman  Moderator

Jet Li has shown far greater martial arts skills in his movies (Especially the One and Unleashed) than Statham. 

Joygirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 43

#29  Edited By Joygirl

Give Statham Chelios power (Crank) and this is much closer. As is Jet Li's characters are for more adept in martial arts. Statham has basic stuntman moves.

Now, he may win the prepwar... actually, he has Arthur Bishop-force, he stomps prepwar.

THUNDERBOLT30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By THUNDERBOLT30

I prefer Statham but Li takes it. I think Statham can give him a decent fight over all.

MonsterStomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By MonsterStomp

@THUNDERBOLT30 said:

I prefer Statham but Li takes it. I think Statham can give him a decent fight over all.

Thanks for the input. I thought Statham would have been Li's closest match up if we went on movie characters. I was going to do Statham vs Wahlberg but I feared too much of a mismatch.

@Joygirl said:

Give Statham Chelios power (Crank) and this is much closer. As is Jet Li's characters are for more adept in martial arts. Statham has basic stuntman moves.

Now, he may win the prepwar... actually, he has Arthur Bishop-force, he stomps prepwar.

I'm glad you think Team Jason takes at least one round :)

nerdork

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By nerdork

@MonsterStomp: Okay, so that means that Gabe has a gun too...hes a cop after-all. And Gabe and Yu were dead even in stats. The movie even explains it. When one of the many versions of you die, in another dimension, all the other versions get the life force (or whatever its called) evenly...not just the one who makes the kill. So, your argument that they arent equal is moot...cause they are. Yu was just a better fighter, not faster or stronger or more durable. so, bases in the OP, team Jet has someone who is so fast he is a blur...and carries a gun. He would just shoot the main competition, and let the others deal with the rest.

Also, when you say that team 1 has weapons...are you saying thay they WILL win? If that's the case, then you made a spite thread...and that's not cool. Otherwise, you might need to let your fanboy go for this battle. I did, as I would prefer for Statham to win this battle, but Gabe makes it too unfair. Really, watch The One again. Its a bad movie, but you'll see my point.

sandiego008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By sandiego008

Li from the one makes this kind of unfair ...

nerdork

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By nerdork

@sandiego008 said:

Li from the one makes this kind of unfair ...

I completely agree.

MonsterStomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By MonsterStomp

@nerdork: Fair enough, I'll change Gabe then. By the way I wasn't being a fanboy, I honestly thought Gabe was a fair match due to the last fight. We havn't seen Gabe do what Yulaw has done, but if you insist.

MonsterStomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By MonsterStomp

OP Changed from Gabe Law to Wah Sing Ku from Lethal Weapon 4.

nerdork

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By nerdork

@MonsterStomp: Dude, yes! Wah Sibg Ku WAs awesome. Loved how he garotted people with that thing he twirled around.

But, now I havw to say that Statham wins both rounds. Round 2 will be a close match, and can stulllbe argued in favor of the Li's. Where you have the near SAS trained Statham with his efficient weaponry, you are going to have the wise, calculating ninja like warriors. In the end, it comes down to Frank and Lee vs Wah sing Ku and Danny, but the weapons give Stathams the edge and pull the W. 6-7/10.

MonsterStomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By MonsterStomp

@nerdork: Glad you liked the change. Wah Sing and Danny "The Dog" both have bullet timing feats iirc and I appreciate the input.

Any other opinions?

nerdork

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By nerdork

@MonsterStomp: Well, the more I think about it, the more I think that round 2 could actually be a stale mate. I re-read the OP and it says that they are all ‘in character’; so that got me thinking…would the various Statham’s stoop so low as to simply shoot their opponents from a distance. Danny Bryce and Arthur Bishop would, yes, they’re professional assassins. But Luke Wright, Frank and Lee have been shown to prefer a close and personal engagement with their foes.

Here is how I see round 2 playing out…Its long, so bear with me.

I imagine that the Li’s would be the first to know of the Statham’s presence; either by sight, or some kind of Chi Awareness. Wah Sing Ku would immediately melt away into the background, and let the other pawns in his group (as he would see them) take the first action. Han Sing would see fit to follow Wah, as they both displayed deftness at stealth. The others (Danny, Su and Liu) were not blundering idiots, by any means, but they did not show to have the discretion that Wah Sing Ku and Han Sing did. So they would be more prone to making a frontal assault…not barrel into the blazing guns of the Statham’s, but spread out, present themselves and challenge their foes.

The Statham’s, somewhat surprised and seeing these challenges; move to meet the engagement in their own ways. Lee is going to dump his guns, seeing unarmed opponents and draw either his Bowie Knife, or his brass knuckles, but not both (Li’s would give him no time to switch mid fight), and square off against Su. Frank, being the unarmed fighter that he is, will not wait, and eagerly walk up to meet the closest Li, we will say that is Liu. Luke, who was a bit too heady, would go after Danny, as he is the only Li without someone to Tango with…to the best of their knowledge, Wah Sing Ku and Han Sing are being sneaky sneaky.

Unfortunately for Luke, he matched up with Danny, the human version of a martial arts Pit-Bull, and readily gets thrashed in a relative short amount of time. Danny would be far too aggressive, quick and powerful for Luke to keep up (his power is shown by the size of the enemies he felled with little work). Luke would meet his end, by being beaten in the throat, repeatedly, until his eyes glazed over.

While Luke is on his way down; Frank, matched up with Su, is having difficulty landing solid hits, due to Su’s fairly impressive speed and agility (was doing some wirework in the film, so he has an unusual cannon agility, but nothing Frank can’t eventually deal with). Su may have the speed and agility, maybe the technique too, but his power is not enough to put any real punishment to Frank’s body, as he tanked attacks from far larger and more powerful figures in the Transporter series and came out on top every time. At some point, Su will slip up and give Frank an opening for a devastative crack to the face, knee to the kidneys…something to stop his momentum. Then the fight turns bad for Su, and is soon mopped up by Frank with one skull splitting hit after another.

So, while Frank turns Su into a puddle of jelly, and Luke is having his throat caved in by Danny; Lee, matched with Liu (lol), has pretty much fought evenly with skill and speed. Agility still favors Liu, but power still goes to Lee. Then there is another factor to consider…did Lee brandish his Bowie Knife or his Brass Knuckles? Lets say the Bowie Knife, he has the chance of being disarmed, as Liu has shown to easily take weapons from his opponents…but the Bowie Knife in Lee’s hand is basically another extension of himself and would not let go of his prized weapon so easily. And, the attempt to disarm would bring Liu close enough, and make the knife fully effective. In the end, here, Liu either has a slit throat or the hilt of a 14” blade sticking from his chest.

During the melee, Danny Bryce and Arthur Bishop share low chuckle at the perceived foolishness of their comrades for not just shooting them (and why not? they’re assassins, and probably want to go home…you know, make this quick), and raise their weapons (Danny has a Sig 45, and Arthur a rifle of some kind). They have trouble getting a clean shot, as the melee is moving very fast and sporadically, and have to move their positions to get better angles. Danny Bryce gets a shot off and tags Danny (Unleashed) in the shoulder after Luke is beaten to death.

Arthur raises his weapon, aimed at the back of Danny’s head, but before he pulls the trigger…he feels sharp, thin steel wrap around his neck and pulled taught, so that his oxygen is cut off to his lungs, as well as the blood flow to his head. Wah Sing Ku has found that it is time to engage. Unfortunately, with Wah Sing Ku, at least one person was going to die by garrote and it was just Arthur’s time.

Danny Bryce, his attention taken away from Danny (unleashed), sees that his partner has been downed by man wielding a necklace and turns to fire on the new threat. He is foiled by Han Sing, as he flies through the air, in one of his ridiculous, wire-worked, flying kicks and nails Bryce dead center in the chest, causing him to drop his pistol. Bryce’s training allows him to quickly recover, tank the worst of the attacks and compose himself. They would be a very even match, but Wah Sing Ku doubles up on Bryce, as he made very short work of Arthur. Bryce quickly pulls a secondary pistol and plugs Han Sing in the core, dropping him.

Bryce turns the weapon on Wah Sing Ku, but it is dismantled in one deft move by the silent killer, rendering it useless. Bryce squares his shoulders for a fist fight and begins to throw his methodical haymakers in rapid succession…but to no effect, as Wah Sing Ku dodges some, blocks others and only retaliates when an opening presents itself. Openings at the neck, temples, kidneys, inner thigh, joints; are all areas where Wah Sing Ku would focus his attacks…not to outright kill his opponent but slowly break him down. Eventually, Bryce is outclassed and sent to his knees where he gets to watch the mirthless face of a silent killer as he garroted and sent to quiet death.

Luke, Su, Liu, Danny Bryce, Arthur and Han Sing are all dead; their deaths culminating roughly at the same time (except for poor Arthur, who died ever so quickly). Now, the fight stands between Wah Sing Ku and Danny vs Frank and Lee.

Danny doesn’t wait; even though he’s been shot in the shoulder, his tortured, brutal life has taught him to block out pain like only a few men in history have been able to, and jumps at Lee, crashes into him and causes him to drop his Bowie Knife. The deadly match-up, even in warrior’s status, roll on the ground while viscously elbowing, head butting and slugging each other. Blood runs and sweat smears the two fighters, as they fight a desperate battle.

Frank, seeing Wah Sing Ku give him a wry smile, straightens his suit, pulls at his collar and meets his new foe fist to fist. Wah Sing Ku, feeling the thrill of two kills, does not wait for Frank to move first, and quickly engages. Frank and Wah Sing Ku trade back and forth, but cannot penetrate the other’s defense. Though Frank can tank Wah Sing Ku’s attacks, he can’t land a solid hit, and they dance the martial arts dance, waiting for an opportune moment.

…this is where it can go either way. And I cannot conclusively, in my mind, construct a fight where one side definitely wins. So, I have 3 separate endings…LOL

First ending…

Danny and Lee, still fighting on the ground; Danny’s relentless, brutal and unfaltering attacks begin to wear Lee down, Lee then jams his thumb into the bullet wound on Danny’s shoulder, causing him to flinch. Lee takes the opening and slams his fist to the side of Danny’s head, mounts himself on top of Danny and rains down fists and elbows, pounding Danny into submission. Danny catches Lee’s wrist and bites down hard (he showed to be that brutal in the movie), tearing through muscle tissue, tendons and sinew. Lee screams and his attack falters. Danny throws his head into Lee’s nose, then jams both of his thumbs into Lee’s eyes until he can go no deeper. Lee’s screams die down and he lies there, lifeless with blood pooling around his head.

While Lee meets an honorable death, Frank and Wah Sing Kuare beginning to tire. Sensing the end of the fight is near, Frank crashes his forehead into Wah’s nose, tackles him, drives him across the room and slams him against a wall. Wah attempts to strike for the eyes and temple, but Frank ruthlessly pounds him in the gut, causing Wah to weaken quickly. Frank receives a knee to the groin and drops Wah. Frank grabs the nearest chair and smashes it on Wah’s face. Wah falls to the ground, and Franks jumps him, wraps his arms around his neck in a choke hold and slowly sends Wah Sing Ku to hell, giving him the bitter taste of his own medicine.

Before Frank can see what became of Lee, he is met with the undying rage of Danny. He attempts to block the first wave of strikes, but finds himself exhausted from his bout with Wah Sing Ku, and takes a lot of punishment. Frank tries to compose himself, and strike back, but his attacks are slow and too weak to cause real damage. Danny continuously tears at and pounds on Franks body. Before long, Frank is brought to heel, and since there is no stopping Danny from killing his opponent (except for that blond girl and Morgan Freeman, but they aint here), Frank is beaten to death.

Danny goes home, back to his cage and Bob Hoskins has him fight and kill more people for money.

Danny (Unleashed) FTW!!!

Second ending…

Danny and Lee have moved their fight from the ground to standing positions. Lee is able to locate his Bowie Knife and maneuvers the fight so he can get to it. Danny, not wise to the ploy, plays along and continues to fight. Lee tackles Danny and they land near the knife. Lee grasps it, and sends it sidelong into Danny’s midsection, twists it and pulls it free. Danny eyes dilate and his life is expunged.

Frank and Wah end the same way…only with Lee coming up from behind and slitting Wah Sing Ku’s throat.

Frank and Lee, beaten, bloody and bruised go find the nearest pub and get hammered.

Frank and Lee FTW!!!

Third ending…

Frank is killed by Wah Sing Ku, and goes to aid Danny against Lee. Lee, seeing his demise, immediately pulls the pins from all of his grenades (standard gear), screams “STATHAM FOREVER”…and the explosion is heard for miles and miles.

Viners FTW!!!

afueikawa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By afueikawa

The dog will eat Jason.

sandiego008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By sandiego008

Much better battle now, I'm cheering for team jason, but think team jet may take a slight majority.