#1 Posted by OmgOmgWtfWtf (6954 posts) - - Show Bio

Backstory

After fighting some AIM scientists, Jessica Drew is accidentally transported into the Ultimate Universe. There she hears about the death of their Spider-Man and how he was only a teenager. She becomes disheartened at the thought of someone so young fighting crime, remembering her past as a HYDRA assassin, so she decides to confront the new Spider-Man. She tells him that she doesn't believe someone as young as him should be fighting crime and that he would only get himself killed. Miles believes otherwise and tries to leave, only to be pursued by Jessica, who believes without a doubt that he needs to retire.

Morals On, In Character.

Both are determined to win (so no going easy).

Most current versions of each (barring any depowerment, death, etc.).

Standard means of victory apply (i.e. KO, incapacitation).

No prior knowledge of each other.

Battle takes place in NYC.

The battle is at night, city is populated, cops will be around, etc.

#2 Posted by Floopay (8635 posts) - - Show Bio

If this is 616 Jessica, I'd vote for her any day. Pheromones, venom blasts, comparable if not superior physical stats, superior training, and so much more.

Thanks for reading,
Floopay

#3 Posted by Pokergeist (22351 posts) - - Show Bio

@floopay said:

If this is 616 Jessica, I'd vote for her any day. Pheromones, venom blasts, comparable if not superior physical stats, superior training, and so much more.

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

She has a huge Advantage with Flight, Skill, Pheromones, and Venom Blast.

Miles only advantage is Invisibility, however Jessica can ngeate this with AOE Venom Blast and her Pheramones will keep Miles gaga over her.

She should win.

#4 Posted by OmgOmgWtfWtf (6954 posts) - - Show Bio

@floopay said:

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

A little off topic, but Spider-Woman according to the handbooks has a category 5 strength level compared to Spider-Man's (616) category 4 strength level. She also has a higher durability level as well (4 compared to his 3). Ironically they both have the same fighting skill ranking (4), despite her having more training that Peter Parker had. Should I just chalk it up as bullshit ranking lol? Because Spider-Man definitely has better strength and durability feats than Spider-Woman.

#5 Posted by OmgOmgWtfWtf (6954 posts) - - Show Bio

@floopay said:

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

She has a huge Advantage with Flight, Skill, Pheromones, and Venom Blast.

Miles only advantage is Invisibility, however Jessica can ngeate this with AOE Venom Blast and her Pheramones will keep Miles gaga over her.

She should win.

Don't forget that this is taking place at night in a populated NYC. I don't think Jessica is going to risk using an AoE Venom Blast (since it might hit bystanders).

#6 Posted by Floopay (8635 posts) - - Show Bio

@floopay said:

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

A little off topic, but Spider-Woman according to the handbooks has a category 5 strength level compared to Spider-Man's (616) category 4 strength level. She also has a higher durability level as well (4 compared to his 3). Ironically they both have the same fighting skill ranking (4), despite her having more training that Peter Parker had. Should I just chalk it up as bullshit ranking lol? Because Spider-Man definitely has better strength and durability feats than Spider-Woman.

Does he now...

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

#7 Edited by dondave (34667 posts) - - Show Bio

Jessica Drew ftw

#8 Posted by reikai (4110 posts) - - Show Bio

The skill ranking is kinda bull. With Spider-Man, it's entirely due to Spider- Sense and the crazy spider agility. Jessica is due to being trained by Hydra and SHIELD plus her experiences. Spidey has been a more instinctual fighter while Jessica is an expertly trained one.

I like Jess. I find her to be a well done character over all. She's a tough cookie. She's not invincible. And she can't fly. She can glide with her suit on, but not really fly. She's been on the receiving end of a lot of punishment, and she's been through nearly as much hell as Wolverine. She's had a screwed up life, but she keeps clawing her way through, really trying to prove to herself that she deserves to be a hero.

She's awesome.

#9 Edited by jashro44 (19873 posts) - - Show Bio

@floopay said:

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

I wouldn't take hand books as law. A lot of stuff they mention is faulty. They can be used as cliff notes or as a gauge to get an estimate on a character but they can be wrong.

#10 Posted by OmgOmgWtfWtf (6954 posts) - - Show Bio

@reikai said:

The skill ranking is kinda bull. With Spider-Man, it's entirely due to Spider- Sense and the crazy spider agility. Jessica is due to being trained by Hydra and SHIELD plus her experiences. Spidey has been a more instinctual fighter while Jessica is an expertly trained one.

I like Jess. I find her to be a well done character over all. She's a tough cookie. She's not invincible. And she can't fly. She can glide with her suit on, but not really fly. She's been on the receiving end of a lot of punishment, and she's been through nearly as much hell as Wolverine. She's had a screwed up life, but she keeps clawing her way through, really trying to prove to herself that she deserves to be a hero.

She's awesome.

Jessica can actually fly now :P