• 159 results
renamed040924

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51  Edited By renamed040924

As discussed, our characters are some of the most battle hardened vets out there. None will be competing to their absolute tactical peak, but fighting as a whole is pure instinct for them.

Simply put, they are warriors, exceptionally skilled fighters who combat just comes naturally to.

Not to mention, you never specified exactly HOW much dumber they get. Quote,

"Zombies will be a bit tougher to kill, but they will also lose some intelligence."

That's as deeply as you elaborated on it. Considering you still gave zombies the option of having weapons, that implies they're smart enough to not kill themselves with them, thus indicating that they do indeed retain some intelligence. They certainly won't be the shambling, groaning, brain-dead stumps normally associated with zombies.

Another thing; I don't see how any of those Cap scans would need intelligence to do.

Punching a Kree 10 feet in the air, drop kicking Rhino, flipping off a truck, dodging gunfire, throwing his shield, jumping with that tentacle dude tied down to him, and being faster than Red Skull - each of those feats were physical, except possibly the shield toss, but even that doesn't require complex problem solving skills.

You can't tell me throwing his shield isn't as natural to Cap as throwing his fists. You just can't.

Something else I want to throw out; you seem to base your arguments off Cap going against Boba Fett, but really, how do we know those two will end up together?

The only sure fire encounter in this will be Logan and Creed, everyone else is first come first serve.

Cap could indeed end up fighting Fett, but he has just as good a chance of taking on Wesker, or Snake-Eyes. Now, both these guys have guns same as Fett, only difference being, neither's artillery is capable of getting around that shield.

And I'm confident, when (not if) Cap closes the distance, he can take either one of them. In addition to the aformentioned feats, here are a few more.

Diving out of a plane 100+ feet in the air. Quote, "Parachutes are for n00bs."

Dives right into a missiles propulsion system, but he doesn't give a sh*t.

Strong enough to effect Hulk's pressure points

Benching over a thousand pounds (benching, not lifting).

Peak human my ass.

All this, in addition to the previous scans shown, put Cap in the multi-ton range, the benching example being the best show. Brock Lesnar benches 400 pounds, but he can lift 900, well over double his benching weight. Cap can be seen benching 1,100 pounds, so if he's anything like Brock, he can lift over 1 ton.

renamed040924

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#52  Edited By renamed040924

GIVING UP EH?

progenitorigin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#53  Edited By progenitorigin

I'll be posting my response here soon. Apologies, something's been taking my attention.

Fetts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54  Edited By Fetts
@JediWaffles said:

The flaw I find with your team is that most of your team members rely on skill more than they do with their powers. And skill requires a good amount of intelligence. Where should I step? How could I block that move? How could I counter that move? How can I use the surroundings to my advantage? What body parts should I try to hit? What should be my next move? What move should I make afterwards if that one fails? What spot of my enemy's sword should I hit to have the most effect? These are all things people (or at least the pros) consider when in close combat. Gorgon's skill with a sword. Useless. Wolverine's skill with his claws. Useless. Captain America's skill with his shield. Useless. All of those scans (or at least most of them) of Captain America. Pointless. Their experience. Forgotten. Their training. Forgotten. JediWaffles knows this. Sure they can swing their weapons around with speed and agility but they won't really know what they're doing.

See, here's the thing. Yes, certain skills require intelligence. However, with most of our characters, a lot of this skill has become second-nature to them. Zombies do lose intelligence, but they do retain instinct. Wolverine and Cap using their respective weapons (Claws/Shield) has become as much a part of them as, say throwing a punch. Same goes for Gorgon. They will inevitably use their weapons, in order to attain their goal, which is to feed on their enemies. You do have a point though where you say there is a lot of thinking going on in combat. True. A zombie of the caliber of our characters though, when it comes to fighting, don't think of all these little things anymore, because they're so used to it.

Well. That depends on the writer. I can think of a couple examples when characters have had to think about they're doing when fighting. But let's take a step back. Because somehow Cap's capabilities of close combat somehow got more important than the fact that Cap wouldn't be able to get close enough for close combat. And I do suppose I'm to blame for that. 

I'm sure H2H abilities will be dampened, however. A zombie would forgo defense for offense, choosing to go for an all-out attack, rather than parry a blow. As i stated in my previous argument, this would prove more effective for my characters as they can take hits while you can't. Gorgon will undoubtedly use his sword, Cap his shield, and Logan his claws. But once an opening is seen, or a character is taken down, that's when the more feral aspect of their zombie nature kicks in, aka, bites, clawing, gouging, etc.

And the same wouldn't be the case for the use of weapons why? Also what do you mean we can't take hits? Wesker has taken missiles to the face. Boba Fett has taken direct hits from a missile with no broken bones. Snake-Eyes' entire head was engulfed in flames. And Sabretooth with adamantium is like 2x more durable than Wolverine. 

@nickzambuto

"Zombies will be a bit tougher to kill, but they will also lose some intelligence."

That's as deeply as you elaborated on it. Considering you still gave zombies the option of having weapons, that implies they're smart enough to not kill themselves with them, thus indicating that they do indeed retain some intelligence. They certainly won't be the shambling, groaning, brain-dead stumps normally associated with zombies.

No. No I didn't say it like that. This is what I said word for word: 

"NOTE: If you are on Team Zombie, your characters will be a little harder to kill. But they will lose a lot of intelligence." 

Firstly, I said they're a little harder to kill. What I meant by that was that they can take more damage than they usually could. For example, if they take a bullet to the shoulder, it will have some effect but the zombies will still keep on coming for you. Kinda like Deadpool's healing factor, only that he can't die while the zombies can (by getting blown to pieces, getting their head chopped or shot off, etc.). That's usually the typical zombie. That did not imply that reflexes, speed, agility, strength, and so on were enhanced.  

And as you'll notice, I didn't say some intelligence I said a lot of intelligence.  And if that wasn't good enough for you, here are some other quotes of mine that specified their intelligence. 

"For example, if you have Deathstroke, he still has his physical stats. But he is not nearly as intelligent." 

"@nickthedevil
: They can react, dodge, and fight. They can't really strategize and yes H2H is pretty much useless. But you can still use strength, agility, and reflex feats as valid points. All of which are often found in H2H fights." 

And that thing with Cap's pure instinct is to play smart... So is Deathstroke's. In fact, mostly every superhero's instinct are to play smart. But you can can clearly see I posted an example where I said Deathstroke would not be as nearly as intelligent. No "pure instinct" loopholes. Otherwise, their would just about be no point of the rule.  And if there was no point to that rule, you mind as well not make them zombies. You are right they do have some intelligence. But they have a very small amount of it. 

Another thing; I don't see how any of those Cap scans would need intelligence to do.

*sigh* 

All of those scans had feats of Cap's skill. Skill requires intelligence. 

You can't tell me throwing his shield isn't as natural to Cap as throwing his fists. You just can't.

Something else I want to throw out; you seem to base your arguments off Cap going against Boba Fett, but really, how do we know those two will end up together?

I'm not. But it'll do more bad than good for Cap. Losing his shield at 100 yards is just about the dumbest thing he can do. He loses his defense and Boba can easily snipe him while his shield is traveling the distance. Not only that, but Boba would have plenty of time to dodge that. And not only that, but Boba has been hit by a missile directly with no broken bones afterwards. I'm quite sure that the shield would have little effect on him.  

And the reason why I'm assuming Boba will go against Cap is because your team doesn't have the intelligence to strategize while our team does. 

And I'm confident, when (not if) Cap closes the distance, he can take either one of them. In addition to the aformentioned feats, here are a few more.

You sound so certain. 

As I've already stated, Boba will realize early that he can't get through that shield. So he'll choose to shoot an explosive next to him. Now why would Cap try to block a missile that isn't even going about to hit him? Predicting and realizing what Boba would be trying to do would be 100% intelligence. And intelligence is something he is very low on, as all zombies are. 

And how the hell does any of those scans support your argument for Cap being able to close the 100 yard gap before getting blown to kingdom come? Your only argument was "Cap's pure instincts is playing smart" which as I've already stated, doesn't matter because just about anybody on Team Zombies has very little intelligence. Period.

Oh, and btw, one ton is equal to 2,000 pounds. 
JediWaffles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By JediWaffles
And the same wouldn't be the case for the use of weapons why? Also what do you mean we can't take hits? Wesker has taken missiles to the face. Boba Fett has taken direct hits from a missile with no broken bones. Snake-Eyes' entire head was engulfed in flames. And Sabretooth with adamantium is like 2x more durable than Wolverine.

Sorry, i wasn't as clear as i should have been. Wesker i know nothing about, so you'll have to post feats and such. As for Fett, he is nothing but human. I'm not sure exactly how tough his armor is, but when up against something like the might of Kayvaan, it's honestly not much. Snake-Eyes entire head was on fire, but it's not like he could do anything while it was aflame anyway. He barely managed to scratch out instructions on the sand afterwards. There is no way he is withstanding a cut from Godkiller. As for Sabretooth, again i'm not sure the exact limits of his durability, but if Gorgon outclasses Wolverine the way he does, Sabretooth isn't faring any better.

Firstly, I said they're a little harder to kill. What I meant by that was that they can take more damage than they usually could. For example, if they take a bullet to the shoulder, it will have some effect but the zombies will still keep on coming for you. Kinda like Deadpool's healing factor, only that he can't die while the zombies can (by getting blown to pieces, getting their head chopped or shot off, etc.). That's usually the typical zombie. That did not imply that reflexes, speed, agility, strength, and so on were enhanced.

So they're not enhanced, but neither are they dulled, as you mentioned previously. In which case, Kayvaan and Gorgon easily outclass all members of your team (not sure bout Wesker) in terms of physical strength.

They can react, dodge, and fight. They can't really strategize and yes H2H is pretty much useless. But you can still use strength, agility, and reflex feats as valid points. All of which are often found in H2H fights."

How is H2H useless?! They can react, dodge, and fight... That's kinda what H2H is.

And that thing with Cap's pure instinct is to play smart... So is Deathstroke's. In fact, mostly every superhero's instinct are to play smart. But you can can clearly see I posted an example where I said Deathstroke would not be as nearly as intelligent. No "pure instinct" loopholes. Otherwise, their would just about be no point of the rule. And if there was no point to that rule, you mind as well not make them zombies. You are right they do have some intelligence. But they have a very small amount of it.

Pure instinct isn't a loophole. Think about it this way. Would you say a lion is on the intelligence level of a human? Of course not. Does that mean a lion cannot hunt it's prey? Or fight? Absolutely not. A lion, on a physical level, acts on instinct. They do what feels natural to them, what they were born and bred to do. In all the strategies we posted, there was nothing in them about "playing smart" or any tactical assault whatsoever. It was simple, brute strength. You gave the zombies weapons, and the ability to use them. The amount of intelligence that implies is more than enough to back up anything we've said so far. If Gorgon can wield his sword, he can use it. If Cap was allowed to use his shield, he can most definitely use it.

I'm not. But it'll do more bad than good for Cap. Losing his shield at 100 yards is just about the dumbest thing he can do. He loses his defense and Boba can easily snipe him while his shield is traveling the distance. Not only that, but Boba would have plenty of time to dodge that. And not only that, but Boba has been hit by a missile directly with no broken bones afterwards. I'm quite sure that the shield would have little effect on him.

I'll let my partner post the Cap shield-throwing feats. They're quite impressive, and you cannot merely say Boba can dodge them without likewise posting reactionary feats. Sure, he's been hit with a missile but he's never been hit by anything that remotely resembles Cap's shield. A missile does not equal a virtually indestructible object being hurled with great force at you. I'm plenty sure that shield will hurt. Also, Cap doesn't even NEED to throw his shield. As you stated, after finding Cap's shield impenetrable, you plan on lobbing explosives nearby. Cap has been in this exact same situation, on a much grander scale, numerous times. For example WWII. He was always at the forefront of the fight, blocking a hail of bullets while mines and bombs detonated all around him. And i think we all know how WWII went.

Now why would Cap try to block a missile that isn't even going about to hit him? Predicting and realizing what Boba would be trying to do would be 100% intelligence. And intelligence is something he is very low on, as all zombies are.

Like you mentioned earlier, they can react and dodge, no one ever said anything about blocking the missile. Which means they can react and dodge such an obvious threat as a missile. Even if the shrapnel hits, Cap's taken hits before, and now he has even BETTER durability. No harm done, Cap gets close, and i think we all know Cap > Boba in close combat.

Do you know Manny Pacquiao? Anyway, he's a world-class athlete. Many say he's even THE BEST pound-for-pound boxer in the world. That takes a lot of skill, unarguably. But is he intelligent? No. Not even close. He's a total idiot. I'm sure some skills take some intelligence, but it doesn't REQUIRE intelligence. Skill is based purely on skill. To be even more precise, we're talking about physical skills here. Which require physical finesse, rather than an IQ of 150.

renamed040924

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By renamed040924

*sigh*

I just wanna reply to this real quick, then I'll give my full rebuttle.

I guess you stopped reading after that sentence, so I'll repost exactly what I said before.

Punching a Kree 10 feet in the air, drop kicking Rhino, flipping off a truck, dodging gunfire, throwing his shield, jumping with that tentacle dude tied down to him, and being faster than Red Skull - each of those feats were physical, except possibly the shield toss, but even that doesn't require complex problem solving skills.

None of these require skill. I don't see how you could think otherwise.

renamed040924

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By renamed040924

Cap's capabilities of close combat somehow got more important than the fact that Cap wouldn't be able to get close enough for close combat.

I guess I missed the part in the OP where it said Cap HAD to fight Boba Fett, cause here I was thinking there were 3 other people he could just as easily go after. Silly me.

Wesker has taken missiles to the face.

You're quite right, he has.

He certainly took missiles to the face alright, can't deny that. Not like he came out unscathed... or with a head attached to his body, but still, he did get hit in the face with missiles, I'll give you that.

And that thing with Cap's pure instinct is to play smart

"Instinct" and "playing smart" are two completely different things.

Playing smart is when you are actively thinking through a battle, "Where should I step? How could I block that move? How could I counter that move? How can I use the surroundings to my advantage? What body parts should I try to hit? What should be my next move? What move should I make afterwards if that one fails? What spot of my enemy's sword should I hit to have the most effect?"

Instinct is just going off pure... instinct. Heat of the moment, let you're body take control. You're not thinking with instinct, you're just doing. A lion doesn't go "Hmm, I bet if I hide in that tall grass I can get closer to that deer over there." He just does it cause his body tells him to. Instinct.

I remember, waaayyyy back in a 60's issue of Daredevil, after revealing his secret identity to Karen Page, DD is just going around bashing skulls in like usual, but he doesn't even realize it. The artists make it a point to draw Matt looking up into the sky as he drop kicks a goon, while said goon whispers to his buddy "He ain't even paying attention, guys got his head in the clouds!"

That's instinct. Daredevil wasn't systamatically KOing bad guy after bad guy in the most tactically sound way he could think of - he was just going around punching, his mind on Karen. He even ends up meeting up with Spider-Man by accident and the two kinda do a bit of co-op, which DD doesn't even notice until the end. ("Hey buster, this is my part of the city!" or something or other. "Huh? Oh, sorry Spidey, wasn't paying attention").

Captain America isn't Daredevil, but that's a good example of natural instinct, which requires no thinking at all.

Losing his shield at 100 yards is just about the dumbest thing he can do.

Why would he lose his shield now when he's never done it before. You just agreed with me that Cap throwing his shield is as natural to him as throwing a punch, is Steve gonna end up punching himself in the face to?

And the reason why I'm assuming Boba will go against Cap is because your team doesn't have the intelligence to strategize while our team does.

The word "strategize" had only come up once in my post, and that was when I was stating how our team WOULDN'T be capable of that.

What are team IS capable of however, is rushing for the nearest human being to munch on. It could be Fett - it could also be Wesker, or Shrike, or even Sabretooth.

As I've already stated, Boba will realize early that he can't get through that shield. So he'll choose to shoot an explosive next to him. Now why would Cap try to block a missile that isn't even going about to hit him? Predicting and realizing what Boba would be trying to do would be 100% intelligence. And intelligence is something he is very low on, as all zombies are.

And how the hell does any of those scans support your argument for Cap being able to close the 100 yard gap before getting blown to kingdom come? Your only argument was "Cap's pure instincts is playing smart" which as I've already stated, doesn't matter because just about anybody on Team Zombies has very little intelligence. Period.

Now you're just twisting my words. I never said Cap would try and block a missile not aimed at him. I never said any of the scans would help him close the gap (though now that you mention it, I did show some impressive speed and agility feats).

You keep ignoring the one thing I DID say; Cap has a 1/4 chance of fighting Boba Fett, the one person who you've made a battle plan for. He could go for Fett, Shrike, Wesker, or Creed. Or actually, that's only if he makes the first move. He has 3 teammates who could attack Boba first, thus forcing Cap to find other prey.

You've only given a way for Cap to be taken down if it's by Fett, and even that is hardly rock solid considering Cap has been hit by missiles and far worse before. And before you ask for a scan, scroll up. I already posted a scan of him diving into the propulsion system of a missile, and out of a plane stationed hundreds of feet in the air. A blast from Fett, purposely aimed several feet away from Cap, won't blow him to bits.

Oh, and btw, one ton is equal to 2,000 pounds.

Ok... 1,100 pounds plus 1,100 pounds equals... 2,200 pounds. 1 ton. Why did you even say this?

Not only that, but Boba would have plenty of time to dodge that. And not only that, but Boba has been hit by a missile directly with no broken bones afterwards. I'm quite sure that the shield would have little effect on him.

Do you mind giving proof of a time Boba dodged something equal to Cap's shield? Unless you can post a reaction feat, you can't say he can dodge it.

And even if he CAN dodge it... well,

And missiles are one thing, but Cap's shield does a helluva lot of damage as well. As the song says, "When Captain America throws his mighty shield, all those who dare to oppose his shield must yield."

Cap's shield throw has cut right through a helecopter several times,

Brought that birdy DOWN

He DECIMATES a truck with a single toss

Boba Fett will hardly be shrugging this off, even if it's not an instant KO. All other team members have an even less chance of coming out unscathed.

JediWaffles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By JediWaffles

@nickzambuto: Why do you keep mentioning Shrike being in the other team?..... TREASON

Fetts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By Fetts

WTFFFF!!!! I WAS IN THE MIDDLE OF TYPING MY RIDICULOUSLY LONG POST AND THE INTERNET FAILED ON ME! DAMMIT!!!!!!!!!

Fetts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By Fetts

@nickzambuto:  
I will admit that I probably misread some of your points as I did come back from a long track meet yesterday. So for that I apologize.  

You're quite right, he has.

He certainly took missiles to the face alright, can't deny that. Not like he came out unscathed... or with a head attached to his body, but still, he did get hit in the face with missiles, I'll give you that.

To be perfectly honest, I've never played Resident Evil. I only knew about that because of the Old Spice parody which gave the appearance that he survived that. 

But I do recall progenitor posting a video where Chris would have to shoot an RPG at Wesker. Wesker would catch it and Chris would shoot it in his face. That would daze Wesker and Shiva would hold him still. Then Chris would inject him with some type of virus that weakens him. I forget the name of it but progenitor probably knows. 

"Instinct" and "playing smart" are two completely different things.

Playing smart is when you are actively thinking through a battle, "Where should I step? How could I block that move? How could I counter that move? How can I use the surroundings to my advantage? What body parts should I try to hit? What should be my next move? What move should I make afterwards if that one fails? What spot of my enemy's sword should I hit to have the most effect?"

Instinct is just going off pure... instinct. Heat of the moment, let you're body take control. You're not thinking with instinct, you're just doing. A lion doesn't go "Hmm, I bet if I hide in that tall grass I can get closer to that deer over there." He just does it cause his body tells him to. Instinct.

I remember, waaayyyy back in a 60's issue of Daredevil, after revealing his secret identity to Karen Page, DD is just going around bashing skulls in like usual, but he doesn't even realize it. The artists make it a point to draw Matt looking up into the sky as he drop kicks a goon, while said goon whispers to his buddy "He ain't even paying attention, guys got his head in the clouds!"

That's instinct. Daredevil wasn't systamatically KOing bad guy after bad guy in the most tactically sound way he could think of - he was just going around punching, his mind on Karen. He even ends up meeting up with Spider-Man by accident and the two kinda do a bit of co-op, which DD doesn't even notice until the end. ("Hey buster, this is my part of the city!" or something or other. "Huh? Oh, sorry Spidey, wasn't paying attention").

Captain America isn't Daredevil, but that's a good example of natural instinct, which requires no thinking at all.

I was under the impression that you were saying that because their instincts are to play smart they're automatically intelligent. If this was not your point then I apologize. 

Why would he lose his shield now when he's never done it before. You just agreed with me that Cap throwing his shield is as natural to him as throwing a punch, is Steve gonna end up punching himself in the face to? 

I'm a little confused of what you're saying here. And it could be because I'm tired. 

If Cap threw his shield at a distance, he loses his defense. That's what I meant by Cap losing his shield. If he loses his defense then Boba can simply snipe him. Although the second scan you posted does convince me the shield wouldn't need to take a lot of time to travel the distance, I'm quite confident Boba has the reflexes to dodge it. 

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
1. Boba dodges the aim of 4-LOM (who is decently faster than the average human) at what is practically point blank range. 

2. Boba tags Rahm Kota, who is an experienced Jedi Master. 

3. Boba dodges the aim of Juno Eclipse at a decently close distance.  

And while the shield is coming towards Boba or back towards Cap (either one works), Boba can easily snipe Captain America. 

The word "strategize" had only come up once in my post, and that was when I was stating how our team WOULDN'T be capable of that.

What are team IS capable of however, is rushing for the nearest human being to munch on. It could be Fett - it could also be Wesker, or Shrike, or even Sabretooth

Nobody begins closer to the other. Both teams start at opposite sides at the same distance. 

Although........... you do raise an excellent point. 

Indeed what I just said is true. But I imagine Kayvaan will start sprinting towards out team at full speed. Wesker will most likely realize that Kayvaan is a speedster and he is really the only one who can tag him. So both Wesker and Kayvaan will probably meet at around the half way point. And since Wesker would be the closer meal for the zombies, their attention would most likely be diverted towards Wesker. And since they're not paying any mind to the rest of the team, Boba can simply launch an explosive towards the rest of Team Zombies. Not only would an explosive from Boba's arsenal will likely kill, KO, and/or incapacitate them, but, given the scenario, the explosion would most likely effect nearby cars. And what you would have there is a chain reaction of cars blowing up everywhere. 

Thank you for raising that point. 

Now you're just twisting my words. I never said Cap would try and block a missile not aimed at him. I never said any of the scans would help him close the gap (though now that you mention it, I did show some impressive speed and agility feats).

You keep ignoring the one thing I DID say; Cap has a 1/4 chance of fighting Boba Fett, the one person who you've made a battle plan for. He could go for Fett, Shrike, Wesker, or Creed. Or actually, that's only if he makes the first move. He has 3 teammates who could attack Boba first, thus forcing Cap to find other prey.

You've only given a way for Cap to be taken down if it's by Fett, and even that is hardly rock solid considering Cap has been hit by missiles and far worse before. And before you ask for a scan, scroll up. I already posted a scan of him diving into the propulsion system of a missile, and out of a plane stationed hundreds of feet in the air. A blast from Fett, purposely aimed several feet away from Cap, won't blow him to bits.

Ok fine. Cap wouldn't necessarily go after Boba because Wesker would be closer. But I'd still like to address this point anyways. 

Hardly anybody on your team could make an effective first move on Boba. Kayvaan can, but as I have already stated he'd most likely be busy with Wesker. Captain America has the potential to do so but like I said I'm quite confident that Boba has the reflexes to dodge a shield throw. Bullets would bounce off Boba like paper clips. Blasters don't even have effect on his armor. 
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

And the explosion doesn't necessarily have to blow Cap up to bits. Firstly, it would give Cap quite a bit of pain. Secondly, and more importantly, the shock wave would send Captain America on his ass. As he's laying there Boba can easily snipe him. 

Ok... 1,100 pounds plus 1,100 pounds equals... 2,200 pounds. 1 ton. Why did you even say this?
I probably misread your post. My mistake broski. I thought you were saying 1,100 pounds was more than 1 ton. 

And even if he CAN dodge it... well,

I have heard from numerous people (and I believe JediXMan has mentioned this as well) that Boba has a vision mode that allows him a 360 degree field of vision. Unless plot device or PIS interferes, nothing can sneak up on Boba unless it's fast enough. 

@JediWaffles

Sorry, i wasn't as clear as i should have been. Wesker i know nothing about, so you'll have to post feats and such. As for Fett, he is nothing but human. I'm not sure exactly how tough his armor is, but when up against something like the might of Kayvaan, it's honestly not much. Snake-Eyes entire head was on fire, but it's not like he could do anything while it was aflame anyway. He barely managed to scratch out instructions on the sand afterwards. There is no way he is withstanding a cut from Godkiller. As for Sabretooth, again i'm not sure the exact limits of his durability, but if Gorgon outclasses Wolverine the way he does, Sabretooth isn't faring any better. 

Well as I posted above, Kayvaan will most likely be busy with Wesker. That's probably not a good example of Snake-Eyes' durability. i have a better feat of his durability but is currently not scanned. As for Sabretooth, I usually find that Sabretooth with regular bones defeats Wolverine. Sometimes Wolverine defeats Sabretooth with regular bones but not a lot of times. Sabretooth with adamantium bones would outclass Wolverine like Gorgon does. And in fact, I believe progenitor provided us a scan of him doing so.  

Also, you never answered my question. You said that  H2H abilities would be dampened and a zombie would forgo defense for offense, choosing to go for an all-out attack, rather than parry a blow. Why wouldn't it be the same case for use of weapons?

How is H2H useless?! They can react, dodge, and fight... That's kinda what H2H is.
 Useless........ probably the wrong word to use there I agree. But it's kinda like what you were saying. The zombies wouldn't bother or consider with things like: 

Where should I step? How could I block that move? How could I counter that move? How can I use the surroundings to my advantage? What body parts should I try to hit? What should be my next move? What move should I make afterwards if that one fails? What spot of my enemy's sword should I hit to have the most effect? 

They would go for an all out attack rather than bother with a disciplined, patient, defensive attack (parrying, blocking, etc.). 

I'll let my partner post the Cap shield-throwing feats. They're quite impressive, and you cannot merely say Boba can dodge them without likewise posting reactionary feats. Sure, he's been hit with a missile but he's never been hit by anything that remotely resembles Cap's shield. A missile does not equal a virtually indestructible object being hurled with great force at you. I'm plenty sure that shield will hurt. Also, Cap doesn't even NEED to throw his shield. As you stated, after finding Cap's shield impenetrable, you plan on lobbing explosives nearby. Cap has been in this exact same situation, on a much grander scale, numerous times. For example WWII. He was always at the forefront of the fight, blocking a hail of bullets while mines and bombs detonated all around him. And i think we all know how WWII went.

As I've already stated, Boba's explosives are not the typical WW2 era explosives. These are explosives that can 
blow up giant droids and half of a hermit camp (which is pretty much a castle). Scans are on the second page. And if that doesn't kill him, the chain reaction of nearby cars being blown up caused by the explosive most likely will. And if by some amazing miracle Cap survives that, he'll be extremely weak and flat on the ground, available for Boba Fett to snipe. 

Like you mentioned earlier, they can react and dodge, no one ever said anything about blocking the missile. Which means they can react and dodge such an obvious threat as a missile. Even if the shrapnel hits, Cap's taken hits before, and now he has even BETTER durability. No harm done, Cap gets close, and i think we all know Cap > Boba in close combat.

Yes. But the point is is that the missile wouldn't go into his direction. It would go next to him. And it doesn't necessarily have to be right next to him. It could be like 30 ft. away and the blast would still effect him and surrounding cars that would have a chain reaction of explosions. I agree shrapnel won't be so much of a problem for Cap. Again, it's the actual explosion and the shock wave the explosion will produce. Because if the explosion somehow miraculously doesn't kill him, the shock wave will send him flying. He'll land flat on his ass and Boba will snipe him with ease.

Do you know Manny Pacquiao? Anyway, he's a world-class athlete. Many say he's even THE BEST pound-for-pound boxer in the world. That takes a lot of skill, unarguably. But is he intelligent? No. Not even close. He's a total idiot. I'm sure some skills take some intelligence, but it doesn't REQUIRE intelligence. Skill is based purely on skill. To be even more precise, we're talking about physical skills here. Which require physical finesse, rather than an IQ of 150.

Are you sure it's because of skill he's so good? Is it because of his physical attributes?
renamed040924

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By renamed040924

I will admit that I probably misread some of your points as I did come back from a long track meet yesterday. So for that I apologize.

Very well, I apologize as well. Sorry for the raging in my reply.

But I do recall progenitor posting a video where Chris would have to shoot an RPG at Wesker. Wesker would catch it and Chris would shoot it in his face. That would daze Wesker and Shiva would hold him still. Then Chris would inject him with some type of virus that weakens him. I forget the name of it but progenitor probably knows.

I am usually VERY leniant with gameplay mechanics; much more so than most others on this site. But, when something that happens during gameplay directly contradicts a cutscene, I have to call it out.

It's true Chris and Sheva did hit Wesker with multiple rockets, but that was only during gameplay and was never mentioned in any line of dialogue.

The 100% canon cutscene however, depicts the rockets completely beheading him.

Those two things contradict each other, so we have to go with the one that is undisputably canon, that one being rockets pwning Wesker.

I was under the impression that you were saying that because their instincts are to play smart they're automatically intelligent. If this was not your point then I apologize.

That track meet sure took a lot out of you eh? :p

I'm a little confused of what you're saying here. And it could be because I'm tired.

If Cap threw his shield at a distance, he loses his defense. That's what I meant by Cap losing his shield. If he loses his defense then Boba can simply snipe him.

What I'm saying, is that Cap is always throwing his shield at dudes, but he never loses it. I can not recall a single instance in any media featuring Captain America, where his shield smacks into a wall and just plops down. It ALWAYS ricochets off a wall, and comes right back to him. I see no reason why it wouldn't here.

And while the shield is coming towards Boba or back towards Cap (either one works), Boba can easily snipe Captain America.

That's where all those speed feats come in.

After throwing his shield, he weaves through machine gun fire from multiple men, long enough for the shield to circle around and KO them all. If he can dodge multiple men firing assault rifles at him in unison, he can dodge a single sniper shot from a hundred yards away

Dozens of blasters are firing lazers at him all at the same time, and he just jumps off the walls, dodging every one, without his shield the entire time.

Boba is a crack shot, but I doubt he'll hit Cap.

Boba can simply launch an explosive towards the rest of Team Zombies.

My partner will have to speak for himself, but I know both of my guys are safe.

For one thing, Wolverine's healing factor will make sure any blast damage is quickly taken care of.

But that aside, YOU yourself already said Fett will most likely start by firing at his opponents, each one being blocked by Cap's shield. You said he would only begin with the explosives near him trick after realizing that wasn't working.

Well, Cap is a pretty fast runner. He can (and has) covered a mile in just over a minute. That puts him at a sprinting speed of nearly 60 MPH. In his zombified state, he'll be going even faster if anything.

Considering there are 1760 yards in a mile, Cap is more than capable of covering the distance between him and his enemies in... seconds. So Fett had better think quick, cause Cap will be right up in his face in no time.

Bullets would bounce off Boba like paper clips. Blasters don't even have effect on his armor.

If this guy can tank bullets and even BLASTERS, something tells me he might be just a tad bit above street level...

As I've already stated, Boba's explosives are not the typical WW2 era explosives. These are explosives that can blow up giant droids and half of a hermit camp (which is pretty much a castle).

Ehhhhh... bullet munching castle booming doesn't seem street level to me...

But the point is is that the missile wouldn't go into his direction. It would go next to him.

He'd still have to think pretty fast to use that trick, as like I said, simple math indicates Cap reaching him in a few seconds.

Because if the explosion somehow miraculously doesn't kill him,

I wouldn't call him living being a miracle... the feats I've posted prove he can take more than a little feedback from an explosion.

He'll land flat on his ass and Boba will snipe him with ease.

This I can't see happening. Even if Cap does end up on the ground, a simple sniper shot is easily enough avoided considering he's avoided fully automatic weapons fired from multiple assailants.

progenitorigin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By progenitorigin

Apologies to my partner Fetts for my absence, personal issues have been calling my attention, i'll do my best to pick up the slack, bro.

Concerning Captain America & Kayvaan Shrike against Boba Fett & Albert Wesker, I would say that the latter team has a substantial advantage over the former: intelligence. While Captain America would, in my opinion, prove to be quite a threat against Boba Fett using his tactical genius on the battlefield amidst combat, in this instance, a zombified version of Rogers wouldn't be going for the smartest route against Boba Fett, his shield skills would be crippled in comparison to his standard skills, considering a zombie would pale in comparison, as they retain little to no memory or intelligence of themselves as formers, but retain a limited amount of motor skills, so while Cap would be able to toss his shield, or fire his sidearm at Fett, he wouldn't be doing it to the best of his intelligence, which would indeed mean something in this battle. As for Kayvaan & Wesker, the same could be said in that Wesker has already dealt with characters that could easily behead a man with a swipe, a perfect example being the Hunters originating from the Resident Evil universe, creatures created by former friend & colleague of Wesker; William Birkin. Their anatomy and genetic makeup is that of a humans mixed with reptilian DNA, resulting in a highly efficient killer, hence why they were named Hunters.

Wesker not only was shown to be able to react in time to a large Hunter attempting to catch him off guard by attacking from behind, but he managed to one-shot the creature with incredible speed and little to no effort used, creatures which take shotgun shells just to phase. I'm sure that by the time Wesker realizes his bullets are ricocheting off of Shrike's iron halo, Albert would soon be on the defensive, using the urban city environment to his advantage, using his ability to cling to the side of buildings and structures in an adhesive manner, that which was shown during Resident Evil 5 during his confrontation against Chris Redfield and Sheva Alomar, after having been weakened by overdose of his own serum. He showed the ability to cling to the ceiling within a plane before leaping back down on the offensive. While Shrike's speed would be fierce, as explained by JediWaffles, again, he wouldn't be using that enhanced speed to the best of his character's intelligence, which would mean Wesker avoiding contact while Shrike would go for the bullrush assault, That which Wesker has dealt with before, during Resident Evil: The Umbrella Chronicles, Wesker faced a B.O.W. by the name of Sergei Vladimir, a creature with fierce speed and bio-projectiles, that which Wesker was able to avoid until finding the right moment to go in for the attack, a defensive technique which would most likely find itself being used against the aggressive Shrike. Seeing as random projectiles would be avoided by the iron halo, Wesker would be able to use the environment, using the Samurai Edge firearm to puncture the gas tanks of cars to cause explosions directly in the vicinity of Shrike, watching the extent of the iron halo before going in for H2H combat.

Wesker has shown the ability to pierce through a human torso effortlessly with just his hand, an assault easily repeated after catching Kayvaan Shrike by the wrists, keeping the lightning claws at bay, easily delivering a kick capable of one-shotting if Shrike were to go in close for a bite, Wesker could easily use a tactic shown in the film Underworld: Awakening, while a hand through the torso wouldn't exactly stop the zombified Shrike dead in his tracks, an incendiary grenade placed within his torso would cause huge damage from within against the quickly healing character, a technique which would put down the zombified Shrike at least for a while, long enough for Wesker to go and aid a teammate in battle. A character with genius-level intelligence, it wouldn't be out of character for Wesker to use such a vicious tactic against an enemy capable of avoiding projectiles and healing from physical damage as he does, and chances are, a zombified Shrike wouldn't even stop to go for the grenade, being so concerned with simply wanting to kill Wesker. After dealing with Kayvaan Shrike, Wesker would most likely go for the other threat of the opposition: The Gorgon. Shishido may hold his own against Snake-Eyes for a while, however, against the combined speed and strength of both Albert Wesker and Snake-Eyes, i'm sure the duo would manage to disarm Tomi before ganging up on him to put him down, a combined effort which would most likely be needed against Shishido, as even a zombified enemy with the Godkiller sword and speed he retains would still be considered a threat, even with a lack of his normally genius-level intelligence, it would only be logical to count that out within the limitations of his state in the battle, which would give Snake-Eyes the opportunity to snatch Godkiller and use the weapon himself, as i'm sure a katana which cuts through most anything would be highly useful in this battle against zombies capable of tanking the damage they are.

Afterwards, this could only turn into a game of numbers, as even Wolverine and Captain America wouldn't be able to defeat the overwhelming combined intelligence, skills, and physical assault of Boba Fett, Albert Wesker, Snake-Eyes, & Sabretooth. Although, I don't even think it would be needed as far as Sabretooth defeating a zombified Wolverine, as Creed explained his accelerated healing factor with his adamantium upgrade, thanks to the work of Weapon-X, a light machine gun not only would find itself hard to tag Sabretooth with his increased speed, but one quick swipe and the barrel would find itself hacked off and falling to the ground, causing the gun to misfire right in zombie Wolverine's face, allowing for Creed to rip into Howlett and toss him around like a rag doll. As it currently stands, it basically goes: bone claw wolverine<adamantium wolverine=sabretooth<adamantium sabretooth. It would only be a matter of time until Creed puts down zombie Logan, as he was already shown in scans shown before of defeating the likes of not just normal Wolverine, but also Deadpool. Even if eventually bitten, the OP states the virus would have no immediate effect, and with his already aggressive healing factor, the enhanced healing factor which adamantium Sabretooth sports might as well mean the virus would have as much results during this battle as a passing common cold, if that. Captain America being the only one left once Wolverine is dealt with, be it by the tactical intelligence of Boba Fett and his arsenal of weaponry, or the combined speed of Albert Wesker & Snake-Eyes, in this battle? Cap's one good card would be his shield, as a zombie Cap has never shown to be a real threat by his own, even during Marvel Zombies, an intelligence not even given to Cap during this situation. A single toss of his shield, and one miss would mean him being open to any number of assaults, by Boba Fett, who's capable of tagging characters who could move just as fast, or faster than Captain America, or Snake-Eyes, who I see as having superior speed, or the obviously superior Albert Wesker, who has Cap out-gunned in all aspects of physical and mental stats, especially in this battle.

I see it as coming down to the basic handicap of the oppositions characters not having their full intelligence, meaning they would lack their full potential and skill, a condition which would cripple the offensive of The Gorgon, Captain America, Kayvaan Shrike, and hell, even Wolverine. I don't see any way around them skating past this handicap, as our team's combined effort would prove to not only slow down the quick characters such as Shrike & Gorgon, but simply outsmarting them in battle.

Sherlock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By Sherlock

Wow my head hurts

Fetts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By Fetts
@nickzambuto

Very well, I apologize as well. Sorry for the raging in my reply. 
It's cool. :) 

I am usually VERY leniant with gameplay mechanics; much more so than most others on this site. But, when something that happens during gameplay directly contradicts a cutscene, I have to call it out.

It's true Chris and Sheva did hit Wesker with multiple rockets, but that was only during gameplay and was never mentioned in any line of dialogue.

The 100% canon cutscene however, depicts the rockets completely beheading him.

Those two things contradict each other, so we have to go with the one that is undisputably canon, that one being rockets pwning Wesker.

Well, you'd have to debate with progenitor about that one. But I don't think Wesker's durability is a very significant factor in this fight. 

That track meet sure took a lot out of you eh? :p  
Ya you can say that. :)

What I'm saying, is that Cap is always throwing his shield at dudes, but he neverloses it. I can not recall a single instance in any media featuring Captain America, where his shield smacks into a wall and just plops down. It ALWAYS ricochets off a wall, and comes right back to him. I see no reason why it wouldn't here. 

I don't see why Cap's shield wouldn't ricochet either, but I don't believe you're quite getting my point. When Cap throws his shield, he has no defense temporarily. Yes the shield will come back to him, but at that moment he throws the shield he has no form of defense at all. During that moment, Cap can be sniped.  

That's where all those speed feats come in.

After throwing his shield, he weaves through machine gun fire from multiple men, long enough for the shield to circle around and KO them all. If he can dodge multiple men firing assault rifles at him in unison, he can dodge a single sniper shot from a hundred yards away

Dozens of blasters are firing lazers at him all at the same time, and he just jumps off the walls, dodging every one, without his shield the entire time.

Boba is a crack shot, but I doubt he'll hit Cap.  

If Captain America could dodge bullets on a regular basis, he wouldn't need to rely on his shield for protection so often would he? In the first scan, it can be argued that was bad aim as cannon fodder usually does. As for the second scan, it is small but I can tell that a)it looks like a training area. Possibly in the Avengers Tower. I take it that that's She-Hulk in the first two panels. But it's possible Captain America has tried that level many times to master it. b)I can tell in a couple of those panels Cap did use his shield to block bullets. 

Boba Fett has hit faster targets than Captain America. His targeting systems has helped him hit speeders. And I assure you they can move faster 60 mph. Maybe Captain America will be able to dodge a couple shots. But he won't be able to dodge an entire volley of blaster bolts being fired from pistols, from a blaster that can rip apart through large vehicles, and a wrist blaster, before his shield can come back to him. Especially when Boba Fett's aim is being aided by targeting modes/vision modes like these.  
No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided
  My partner will have to speak for himself, but I know both of my guys are safe.

For one thing, Wolverine's healing factor will make sure any blast damage is quickly taken care of.

But that aside, YOU yourself already said Fett will most likely start by firing at his opponents, each one being blocked by Cap's shield. You said he would only begin with the explosives near him trick after realizing that wasn't working.

Well, Cap is a pretty fast runner. He can (and has) covered a mile in just over a minute. That puts him at a sprinting speed of nearly 60 MPH. In his zombified state, he'll be going even faster if anything.

Considering there are 1760 yards in a mile, Cap is more than capable of covering the distance between him and his enemies in... seconds. So Fett had better think quick, cause Cap will be right up in his face in no time.

I did say that at first. But then I agreed with you that Captain America doesn't necessarily have to go after Boba. You raised the point that Team Zombies would probably try to go for the closest meal, which would be Wesker. As progenitor stated, Wesker would be clinging to the sides of building and whatnot. So Team Zombies will probably go after him rather than do a coordinated attack on the entire team. While they are all relatively close together and have their attention directed towards Wesker, it'd be logical for Boba Fett to launch an explosive. Yes some of your team would survive, but you cannot deny the fact that it would have effect to your team.

Kayvaan would probably survive that as he is a speedster and would probably be far enough from the blast. Although, the chain reaction of cars blowing up might effect him somewhat. I do think Gorgon would be out for the count unless somebody is willing to provide durability feats for him.  

Yes, Wolverine would survive but he'd be sent flying and would land hard. He'd most likely have to take it easy for a couple moments and heal. An explosion from one of Boba Fett's explosives would be brutal enough as is. Their would be a decently sized explosion, shrapnel, and a decently sized shockwave. Now combine that with huge chain reaction of cars blowing up and you got a buttload of fireworks there. 

That may be true, but Cap is no speedster. It's not like he can instantly run 60 mph. He'd have to accelerate. And because of that it won't save him from being effected from the blast. Even if he did make it far enough from the blast, Gorgon would be out for the count and Wolverine would be flat on his ass. Boba could get assistance from Snake-Eyes and/or Sabretooth if need be.  

If this guy can tank bullets and even BLASTERS, something tells me he might be just a tad bit above street level...  
The rules stated that nobody could have strength/durability superior to Luke Cage. Boba's armor fits the rules just fine. 

Ehhhhh... bullet munching castle booming doesn't seem street level to me...  
It wasn't a very large castle. 
No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

It didn't even blow up half the castle. And as Vader said, there was more smoke than flame. 

Plus the rules state nothing against explosives. Not to mention that one took a while to go off. I think your team should be more concerned about explosives like this. 
No Caption Provided

Even if explosives of that magnitude were against the rules, Boba could still start a chain reaction of cars exploding via blaster shots like this one. 
No Caption Provided

I wouldn't call him living being a miracle... the feats I've posted prove he can take more than a little feedback from an explosion. 
Not like an explosion Fett would cause.  

This I can't see happening. Even if Cap does end up on the ground, a simple sniper shot is easily enough avoided considering he's avoided fully automatic weapons fired from multiple assailants.
Did Captain America just experience a big ass explosion up close when he was avoiding weapons fired? I'm guessing not. Captain America would extremely weakened by the explosion itself, the shock wave, and shrapnel. He'd be way too weak to dodge it. 

@progenitor
Good to have you back broski.  

While Captain America would, in my opinion, prove to be quite a threat against Boba Fett using his tactical genius on the battlefield amidst combat, in this instance, a zombified version of Rogers wouldn't be going for the smartest route against Boba Fett, his shield skills would be crippled in comparison to his standard skills, considering a zombie would pale in comparison, as they retain little to no memory or intelligence of themselves as formers, but retain a limited amount of motor skills, so while Cap would be able to toss his shield, or fire his sidearm at Fett, he wouldn't be doing it to the best of his intelligence, which would indeed mean something in this battle. 

This is kinda what I was saying before.
JediWaffles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By JediWaffles
Wesker has shown the ability to pierce through a human torso effortlessly with just his hand, an assault easily repeated after catching Kayvaan Shrike by the wrists, keeping the lightning claws at bay, easily delivering a kick capable of one-shotting if Shrike were to go in close for a bite, Wesker could easily use a tactic shown in the film Underworld: Awakening, while a hand through the torso wouldn't exactly stop the zombified Shrike dead in his tracks, an incendiary grenade placed within his torso would cause huge damage from within against the quickly healing character, a technique which would put down the zombified Shrike at least for a while, long enough for Wesker to go and aid a teammate in battle. A character with genius-level intelligence, it wouldn't be out of character for Wesker to use such a vicious tactic against an enemy capable of avoiding projectiles and healing from physical damage as he does, and chances are, a zombified Shrike wouldn't even stop to go for the grenade, being so concerned with simply wanting to kill Wesker. After dealing with Kayvaan Shrike, Wesker would most likely go for the other threat of the opposition: The Gorgon. Shishido may hold his own against Snake-Eyes for a while, however, against the combined speed and strength of both Albert Wesker and Snake-Eyes, i'm sure the duo would manage to disarm Tomi before ganging up on him to put him down, a combined effort which would most likely be needed against Shishido, as even a zombified enemy with the Godkiller sword and speed he retains would still be considered a threat, even with a lack of his normally genius-level intelligence, it would only be logical to count that out within the limitations of his state in the battle, which would give Snake-Eyes the opportunity to snatch Godkiller and use the weapon himself, as i'm sure a katana which cuts through most anything would be highly useful in this battle against zombies capable of tanking the damage they are.

Let's say we go through the situation you just detailed. If Wesker manages to grab Kayvaan by his wrists, i'd say there's a good chance he could keep him there, since going by strength feats, they sound possibly equal. In either case, i doubt a kick even from the likes of Wesker would faze Kayvaan. Marines have great, great durability and can take hits very well. Heck, a lot of them, when faced with enemies taking cover behind a wall, simply barrel through the wall. More than that, a kick to the midsection would hurt the genetically modified Shrike even less, as their rib cages have been fused into a single dense bone, allowing far more resistance. Throw in some added zombie durability, and that kick ain't doin nuthin. Now, if Wesker did as you said, sticking an incendiary grenade inside Kayvaan, that would mean releasing his arms, which means you die. Talons that can cut through anything make short work of Wesker. Now, let's look at the scenario in a different way. Say the grenade was planted in Shrike, and he doesn't manage to kill Wesker with his talons (unlikely as it is). Shrike, as a zombie, will take the opportunity to pin down Wesker, which he is easily capable of doing, in order to kill/bite/eat/maim him. The grenade goes off, doing far more damage to Wesker than to Shrike. Shrike might be temporarily incapacitated, but Wesker is dead. Shrike comes back later to help anyone else.

As for Snake-eyes snatching Godkiller, thats' just plain not happening. Tomi is far too skilled a swordsman, and has just too much speed, strength and reflexes for me to see that remotely happening. Judging by previous feats posted, the Gorgon vs. Snake-eyes fight goes by a lot faster than what you may think. If you look back on previous posted feats, Gorgon easily outclasses Snake-eyes in terms of speed and reflexes, Snake-eyes' strong point. We all know for a fact Gorgon has better strength. I don't see this fight lasting longer than a minute. Maybe even less. Snake-eyes goes down fast and hard against the superior strength and skill of Gorgon. Sure Gorgon will take a couple of hits, but it does absolutely nothing to him. Short of decapitation, Snake-eyes isn't putting down a zombie Gorgon.

With Wesker and Snake-eyes out of the equation, there's no point in arguing a 4v2 anymore.

Even if explosives of that magnitude were against the rules, Boba could still start a chain reaction of cars exploding via blaster shots like this one.

Alright honestly, a chain reaction car explosion is just plain dumb. That honestly doesn't happen outside of a movie. Even if cars WERE moving bombs that set off one another, the cars in the scenario aren't tightly packed next to each other. The only thing that could possibly happen in this situation is Fett firing an explosive at a car, blowing it up. Just that car. Nothing else.

Kayvaan would probably survive that as he is a speedster and would probably be far enough from the blast. Although, the chain reaction of cars blowing up might effect him somewhat. I do think Gorgon would be out for the count unless somebody is willing to provide durability feats for him.

In one of Logan's and Tomi's fights, Logan rams Gorgon whilst going at a speed of a hundred miles an hour, and off a building. After the crash landing, Tomi gets back up completely fine, takes all of Wolverine's claws IMPALED in his chest, and proceeds to totally kick the ass of Logan. Yeah, a car explosion isn't making him blink.

Again, i don't see how your guys can find an answer, even with strategy, against the pure brute zombie strength of our team. I've proven Gorgon beats ol' Snake-eyes, the Wesker and Shrike fight can come out in a lot of ways, but inevitably Shrike wins. After that, the Resistance team just gets outnumbered and eaten. I'll leave my partner to come up with a rebuttal regarding Logan and Cap.

Fetts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By Fetts

@JediWaffles said:

As for Snake-eyes snatching Godkiller, thats' just plain not happening. Tomi is far too skilled a swordsman, and has just too much speed, strength and reflexes for me to see that remotely happening. Judging by previous feats posted, the Gorgon vs. Snake-eyes fight goes by a lot faster than what you may think. If you look back on previous posted feats, Gorgon easily outclasses Snake-eyes in terms of speed and reflexes, Snake-eyes' strong point. We all know for a fact Gorgon has better strength. I don't see this fight lasting longer than a minute. Maybe even less. Snake-eyes goes down fast and hard against the superior strength and skill of Gorgon. Sure Gorgon will take a couple of hits, but it does absolutely nothing to him. Short of decapitation, Snake-eyes isn't putting down a zombie Gorgon.

With Wesker and Snake-eyes out of the equation, there's no point in arguing a 4v2 anymore.

Well, I can understand why you'd think that. I only posted few scans of Snake-Eyes and then completely forgot about him. 

Firstly, Snake-Eyes consistently beats somebody who's fighting style is similar to Gorgon's. Storm Shadow. 
Easily closes the gap (about 20-25 ft.) between a squad of soldiers 
Easily closes the gap (about 20-25 ft.) between a squad of soldiers 

No Caption Provided

Combat skills 
Combat skills 

Catches a knife and dodges bullets 
Catches a knife and dodges bullets 

Deflects bullets
 Deflects bullets

Dodges more gun fire 
Dodges more gun fire 

Knife fighting skills
 Knife fighting skills

Fights while upside down 
Fights while upside down 

Slices a candle perfectly in half, cutting the wick
 Slices a candle perfectly in half, cutting the wick

I know these are all scans of Storm Shadow, but keep in mind both of them got the same training, both have experience in elite forces, and Snake-Eyes is more skilled than he is, considering the fact that he beats him every time. Anything Storm Shadow can do, Snake-Eyes can do better.

Furthermore, here are some more scans of Snake-Eyes 
No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

Survives a big ass explosion, clearly got a buttload of wounds, and still fights peachy keen
 Survives a big ass explosion, clearly got a buttload of wounds, and still fights peachy keen

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

Fight with Storm Shadow 
Fight with Storm Shadow 

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

Fight with....... somebody.......who is skilled....... forget his name though. 

Kicks off the head off of a robot and dodges a laser  
Kicks off the head off of a robot and dodges a laser  

I have a couple more feats that haven't been scanned yet.  

So yeah. I'd say Snake-Eyes wins the gold metal for skill there. 

Alright honestly, a chain reaction car explosion is just plain dumb. That honestly doesn't happen outside of a movie. Even if cars WERE moving bombs that set off one another, the cars in the scenario aren't tightly packed next to each other. The only thing that could possibly happen in this situation is Fett firing an explosive at a car, blowing it up. Just that car. Nothing else.

I suppose I do watch too many movies....... But nevertheless, blowing up cars or no blowing up cars, an explosion will set off a shock wave which will undoubtedly send most of your team flying onto the ground. 

From there, using his vision modes (like the ones I just posted recently), Boba can tell which one was weakened the most after the explosion. My money is on Cap, based on Gorgon's durability feat you just posted and Wolverine's durability. So Boba snipes Captain America. He's out for the count. 4 vs. 3

Sabretooth will most likely go after Wolverine, due to their history with one another. I believe progenitor has already pointed this out. Sabretooth with feral bones often, if not usually, wins against Wolverine. With adamantium bones it would be a piece of cake for Sabretooth as it has been in the scan progenitor has posted. Plus, Wolverine would still be healing from wounds after the explosion. Meaning he wouldn't be fighting his best while a zombified. I think we can all agree with this one. 4 vs. 2 

I will admit I do lack some knowledge on Gorgon, but I do know he has speed to dodge and block bullets. So does Storm Shadow. And if Storm Shadow can, so can Snake-Eyes (and he has). Even if he couldn't beat Gorgon (although in my personal opinion he could), he should be skilled enough to tangle with Gorgon for a while until he could get help. 

I think I'm going to leave the debate for Wesker vs. Kayvaan Shrike to progenitor. But even if Wesker would lose to Kayvaan, he could get help from either Boba and/or Victor, considering they would have finished off their opponents early.
renamed040924

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By renamed040924

Yes the shield will come back to him, but at that moment he throws the shield he has no form of defense at all. During that moment, Cap can be sniped.

Dodgedy dodge dodge.

Not to mention, you're assuming the second the fight starts, Cap is just going to chuck his shield. He'll probably wait at least a bit.

If Captain America could dodge bullets on a regular basis, he wouldn't need to rely on his shield for protection so often would he?

If you were facing 20 armed thugs, and all you had was an indestructable shield, would you just throw it away and try to dodge all the guns?

No, a shield is easier, more reliable, and allows you to actually gain some ground. I already showed him dodging, you can't just disregard the feats.

As for the second scan, it is small but I can tell that a)it looks like a training area. Possibly in the Avengers Tower. I take it that that's She-Hulk in the first two panels. But it's possible Captain America has tried that level many times to master it. b)I can tell in a couple of those panels Cap did use his shield to block bullets.

Ok, that was my fault. Here's the scan enlarged.

You can clearly see it's not a training simulation, and Cap is only using his shield in 2 of the 6 panels.

In the first scan, it can be argued that was bad aim as cannon fodder usually does.

One man alone with a machine gun is enough to kill anyone, but Cap was being shot at, all at the same time, by over half a dozen. These guys were experienced thugs, but even if they have the most average aim in all of comics, it's 10 guys shooting Assault Rifles at him. "Bad aim" isn't enough to disregard the feat.

Maybe Captain America will be able to dodge a couple shots. But he won't be able to dodge an entire volley of blaster bolts being fired from pistols, from a blaster that can rip apart through large vehicles, and a wrist blaster, before his shield can come back to him.

A couple shots?

He's dodging well more than a couple shots here.

Boba is only one man, and none of his weapons have any rapid fire (correct me if I'm wrong), but here Cap avoids automatic fire from several shooters.

Especially when Boba Fett's aim is being aided by targeting modes/vision modes like these.

That just looks like infrared or something to me, nothing that helps his aim.

While they are all relatively close together and have their attention directed towards Wesker, it'd be logical for Boba Fett to launch an explosive.

Well, that has just as much of a chance of taking out Wesker as well, doesn't it? Would Fett really be so willing to take out his own teammate?

Not to mention, these zombies are berserker, they're gonna be going all over the place, not all just condensing onto Wesker. And if we do all condense onto Wesker... all four of us together, combined with Boba's blast (if he's even willing to fire) we can assume your team is gonna be down one man. That certainly evens things out. Wesker is fast, but each member of our team can rival him, all four of us all at the same, someone is bound to get a good grab. From there, he's doomed.

Yes, Wolverine would survive but he'd be sent flying and would land hard. He'd most likely have to take it easy for a couple moments and heal.

Wolverine won't be anywhere near the explosion; I think we can both agree he and Creed will be off in la-la land battling it out with each other. There is 0 doubt the second Sabes gets a whiff of Logan, he'll go for it. Wolverine too, retains enough intelligence to remember Victor and meet him. Wolverine=Sabes<Adamantium Sabes, but only by a bit. Wolverine can still hang with him, for a bit at least. His zombie enhancements ensure they can at least stalemate now.

And that's at the least; the reason Sabes beats Wolverine most of the time is because he gives in to the animal instincts, while Wolverine resists them. Now that he's a zombie, I doubt Logan will care all to much about repressing his animal side. So that's two advantages for Logan, zombie enhancements and feral-ness.

It's not like he can instantly run 60 mph. He'd have to accelerate.

A car accelerating at a constant speed of 60 mph can drive a mile in exactly 1 minute. If it really took Steve that long to accelerate, he wouldn't be stated as running a mile in "just over a minute". It'll take him 10 seconds max to clear the distance.

Not like an explosion Fett would cause.

Boba's blasters are more powerful than a missile's propulsion system?

Plus, Wolverine would still be healing from wounds after the explosion.

Nope, like I said, Logan and Creed will already be well into their fight far away.

Welp, that settles it Jedi, we're boned. This single feat right here... I don't think any of our characters can compete anymore. I mean... he's skilled... it's like... just-fetts just put it perfectly.

We might as well give up now partner.

Fetts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By Fetts

I can't debate back right now due to a buttload of homework. But I will respond to the last bit there. 

In my defense, I started that comment last morning, had to go, came back from a track meet, did a bit more, kept the computer on all night because I didn't want to have to re-upload all those scans, and finished in a hurry this morning.  

And the fight was with Firefly. :) 

...... At least pretty sure.

progenitorigin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By progenitorigin

As far as the feats involving Kayvaan Shrike outside of his Raven Guard armor, what feats does he have to his name without the armor that, with a significant lack of intelligence in this OP, would point to his ability to be able to even touch Albert Wesker? As quick as Shrike has been shown to be, Wesker moves so fast in avoiding gunfire that it looks as if he's teleporting rather than actually moving. The lightning claws would, i'm sure, cause damage to Wesker if they could, in fact, reach him. And with Wesker playing a game of hit and run, I don't think Wesker would simply be drawn into an all-out brawl against a zombified foe with weaponry, essentially making him an enhanced B.O.W., which is nothing Wesker hasn't faced down before. If I recall, as far as Shrike's past goes (without his weaponry in the Raven Guard), he was able to hold off bandits until they began to outnumber him. Now, granted, i'm not exactly certain of what bandits rock in Warhammer concerning weaponry, however, i'm unconvinced that Shrike sans power armor would be able to provide too much of a threat if he's simply going in for a hack-n-slash bullrush against Wesker. Wesker's already dealt with a foe that had a high rate of healing when he faced down Lisa Trevor in Resident Evil: The Umbrella Chronicles, he managed to use his powers and combat prowess to avoid her long enough until managing to trap her and leave her within the Spencer Estate moments before it incinerated due to the self-destruct of the underground laboratory. Below is the aforementioned scan of Wesker taking on and one-shotting the large Hunter.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Otherwise, he's similarly shown superhuman speed in the ability to dodge automatic gunfire point-blank while all the while mocking and playing with his opponent. Below is an example of his speed and agility while avoiding gunfire effortlessly while toying with not only an award-winning marksman, but 2 former members of a special forces unit now working for a governmental division combating worldwide B.O.W. threats such as numerous Uroboros enhanced creatures (BSAA). I seriously doubt that Shrike would have the skill in this instance to manage to corner in Wesker and execute a bull-rush attack, when Wesker's shown the ability to utilize speedster dashes, with enough force to blitz an opponent by slamming his hand through a human torso. On top of his speed, his strength has also shown exponential improvements since his enhancements by the prototype virus developed by William Birkin, self-administered before allowing himself to be gored through by the Tyrant simply to heal from it entirely and fight his way through hordes of B.O.W.'s, including Lisa Trevor, before escaping the mansion and going on to the events of Code: Veronica X. So while I agree that Shrike's claws have the ability to put Albert's healing factor into overwork, I doubt that with Wesker's speed, a zombified Shrike would be able to tag him so easily. Below is also a video showing an example of his speed during the events of Resident Evil 5, Shadows of the Past.

progenitorigin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By progenitorigin

@nickzambuto: Seriously, dude, how many times do I have to explain this to you, especially with you claiming to be a Wesker fan? During the entire boss fight, the characters are talking within game-play about the rockets while Wesker goes off on his little megalomaniacal tirade about how the human race are killing themselves and etc, I would call that canon, since the gameplay itself in that instance is pretty crucial to the boss fight. Uroboros Wesker was not only physically weakened by the overdose of serum earlier thanks to having been weakened enough by rockets exploding in his face for Chris Redfield to administer the overdose, but Uroboros Wesker was most likely physically changed by the Uroboros strain, on top of tanking being half-submerged in lava within an active volcano. Not to mention he hadn't the speed he had earlier, having been significantly slowed and even so much as having an exposed tumorous heart-like vulnerability that could be stabbed and hurt with a knife, while regular Wesker wouldn't even be touched with a knife, ask Jill Valentine before she was promptly given a Cobra Strike for her troubles. Was Uroboros Wesker killed by rockets and lava? Yeah, but it wasn't just having rockets fired at him that did him in, he was significantly weakened after multiple boss fights and PIS. In any event, you're using examples of Uroboros Wesker, which doesn't exactly apply to the version of Wesker i'm using, especially considering his heart wasn't stabbed to hell before being half-submerged in burning lava, while having an uroboros arm outstretched to hold on to a helicopter. The example of his horribly written death doesn't exactly apply to his having not only tanked RPG's to the face, but even embarrassed Chris Redfield, who thought it would be a marvelous idea to sneak up and try and hold Wesker from behind, only to get flipped over Wesker's head like a sack of potatoes afterwards for his troubles.

renamed040924

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By renamed040924

Seriously, dude, how many times do I have to explain this to you, especially with you claiming to be a Wesker fan?

Cause I'm trying to win. :p

During the entire boss fight, the characters are talking within game-play about the rockets while Wesker goes off on his little megalomaniacal tirade about how the human race are killing themselves and etc,

I'm pretty sure they don't. It's up to the player to figure it out.

Gameplay starts at 7:20. Feel free to point out an instance where rockets are mentioned.

I'm just saying, it's an inconsistancy. How does Wesker take 10 rockets here, yet 5 minutes later, in a more durable form, only takes 1? The most we can assume it Wesker was able to get hit by one rocket during this encounter, that I'll let you have.

But even still, he was never really hit with the rockets in this encounter. He caught them and they just exploded in his hands. When he was actually hit with a rocket for real, it took him down.

Uroboros Wesker was not only physically weakened by the overdose of serum earlier

He was never actively weakened by it, it just put him in extreme pain, hence Jill refering to it as a poison.

In the plane cutscene, he was still doing everything he normally does, just grunting and rasping while doing it. He sounded like he was hurting, not like his power level decreased. His greatest strength feats actually occur while on the plane.

Notice him on his knees, rasping and whatnot. Then once he fights, he's still moving at the same speed as usual, only distracted by the pain, which is why he got shot (a bullet was also capable of drawing blood when it hit in this scene).

Another proof of him not being directly weakened by the serum; when Uroborous takes over regular people, it would completely consume them. Wesker was only able to maintain control because his own powers could hold it off. If Wesker was as weak as you said, how was he not taken over by Uroborous?

especially considering his heart was stabbed to hell before being half-submerged in burning lava, while having an uroboros arm outstretched to hold on to a helicopter.

None of this has to do with him being beheaded. Punching me in the stomach won't make my skull any easier to crack. It'll make it so I can't dodge or defend myself as good as normally, but my skull is still as durable as it was before. This same principle applies to Wesker.

Doom also defeated Wesker pretty easily here. Cap has foiled Doom's plots numerous times, therefore Cap>Wesker. My logic is infallible. Give up now.

renamed040924

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By renamed040924

Bump.

progenitorigin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73  Edited By progenitorigin

@nickzambuto: I'm pretty certain that the overdose of serum caused a poisonous effect rather than simply a painful one, the grunting and rasping is more of a sign of exhaustion and fatigue than it is of him actually showing signs of being in pain, and by him being weakened doesn't mean his strength would be exponentially reduced, but going from humiliating 2 people at once consistently to suddenly being caught in an arm-bar by Sheva Alomar means that, either Sheva has superhuman reflexes that make her above Albert Wesker, or!.. It means that due to the effects of the overdose, Wesker was noticeably slowed down enough to be caught in a submission 101 maneuver. Even so, he still manages to tank crashing through an active volcano and later on being half-submerged in boiling lava. I do think there ends up being a difference, physically, rather than attributing it to simply "it makes him a saaaad panda =(", and I do think that Uroboros Wesker and the Wesker before the overdose, which happened because of Wesker being weakened by tanking several RPG missiles exploding point blank in the face, are very different. One has superhuman speed, agility, a healing factor and durability that allows him to tank RPG missiles, while the other has a glowing mass of heart appearing as a vulnerability that causes him huge damage when stabbed.

I can understand trying to disprove his durability, but honestly, him going from tanking several missiles to suddenly being beheaded by one makes absolutely no sense, which is why I call PIS on the instance, always have. And Wesker>Galactus>Cap. Marvel vs. Capcom 3 says so. >:P I shall accept your terms of submission, sir. Victory is mine!

Fetts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74  Edited By Fetts
@nickzambuto: Fine. He can dodge bullets. Whether he can dodge bullets for a good amount of time is questionable. But anyways, but the fact is irrelevant and we are assuming if Cap will be able to get a chance to throw the shield and if so (which is doubtful), he will indeed throw the shield. 

Something Captain America won't be able to dodge is a shock wave that would send him flying to the ground. Yes he could survive. But it will undoubtedly send him flat on his back which would give Boba an opportunity to snipe him. 

And from there.... (quoting myself here) 

" From there, using his vision modes (like the ones I just posted recently), Boba can tell which one was weakened the most after the explosion. My money is on Cap, based on Gorgon's durability feat you just posted and Wolverine's durability. So Boba snipes Captain America. He's out for the count. 4 vs. 3

Sabretooth will most likely go after Wolverine, due to their history with one another. I believe progenitor has already pointed this out. Sabretooth with feral bones often, if not usually, wins against Wolverine. With adamantium bones it would be a piece of cake for Sabretooth as it has been in the scan progenitor has posted. Plus, Wolverine would still be healing from wounds after the explosion. Meaning he wouldn't be fighting his best while a zombified. I think we can all agree with this one. 4 vs. 2 

I will admit I do lack some knowledge on Gorgon, but I do know he has speed to dodge and block bullets. So does Storm Shadow. And if Storm Shadow can, so can Snake-Eyes (and he has). Even if he couldn't beat Gorgon (although in my personal opinion he could), he should be skilled enough to tangle with Gorgon for a while until he could get help. 

I think I'm going to leave the debate for Wesker vs. Kayvaan Shrike to progenitor. But even if Wesker would lose to Kayvaan, he could get help from either Boba and/or Victor, considering they would have finished off their opponents early."

That just looks like infrared or something to me, nothing that helps his aim. 
Yes. But it isn't just any infrared. It helps Boba aim at a certain body parts from a distance (including internal  body parts) and gives him statistics.  

Well, that has just as much of a chance of taking out Wesker as well, doesn't it? Would Fett really be so willing to take out his own teammate?

Not to mention, these zombies are berserker, they're gonna be going all over the place, not all just condensing onto Wesker. And if we do all condense onto Wesker... all four of us together, combined with Boba's blast (if he's even willing to fire) we can assume your team is gonna be down one man. That certainly evens things out. Wesker is fast, but each member of our team can rival him, all four of us all at the same, someone is bound to get a good grab. From there, he's doomed.

No not necessarily. Boba has plenty of explosives to choose from. I'm more than confident that Boba could fire an explosive with a small enough blast radius that would send your team flying and still leave Wesker peachy keen. Not to mention, if Boba absolutely had to use an explosive with a massive blast radius, he doesn't have to aim it between Wesker and your team. He could aim it to the opposite side where the shock wave would still send your team flying and still leave Wesker unharmed. So no you can't assume that'd be leave us one man down.

And yes. The zombies will be going berserk. Berserk for food. They wouldn't each go for one person in an organized and tactical fashion. They would try to go for the closest meal. You yourself pointed this out. I quote:  

"What are team IS capable of however, is rushing for the nearest human being to munch on. It could be Fett - it could also be Wesker, or Shrike, or even Sabretooth" 

Obviously, the closest one to your team would be Wesker because he is a speedster and would probably go after Kayvaan head on and meet somewhere by the half way point. 

You honestly think your entire team could get run to Wesker before an explosive goes off? The only one who could possibly do that is Kayvaan. Sure you have people like Captain America who can run about 60 mph. But he is not a speedster. He has to accelerate. It may not take him a long time to do so but he's not going to reach 60 mph in one second or less. That'd be faster acceleration than a Lamborghini. 

Wolverine won't be anywhere near the explosion; I think we can both agree he and Creed will be off in la-la land battling it out with each other. There is 0 doubt the second Sabes gets a whiff of Logan, he'll go for it. Wolverine too, retains enough intelligence to remember Victor and meet him. Wolverine=Sabes<Adamantium Sabes, but only by a bit. Wolverine can still hang with him, for a bit at least. His zombie enhancements ensure they can at least stalemate now.

And that's at the least; the reason Sabes beats Wolverine most of the time is because he gives in to the animal instincts, while Wolverine resists them. Now that he's a zombie, I doubt Logan will care all to much about repressing his animal side. So that's two advantages for Logan, zombie enhancements and feral-ness.

Oh so now Wolverine can teleport to Sabretooth? Or maybe Boba is going to decide to go to Starbucks before he fires his missile? 

No. While your team is grouped together it'd be logical to fire an explosive ASAP. Wolverine won't get near Sabretooth without a shock wave carrying him half way there. 

Yes Wolverine would probably go all out feral. But as progenitor pointed out, while Cap could throw his shield, or while Wolverine can slash, or whatever, the zombies won't be doing it to the best of their intelligence/abilities. Which could be vital to your team. 
Sherlock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75  Edited By Sherlock

@progenitor: Ya know after reading this (And the last one as well) i get the feeling we should be three again...actaully i havnt seen Exmagician either maybe it should be a duo thing after all

Also i notice that my and Dedmans debate isnt getting near as much attention as the others seems kinda unfair to me.Personally i think its pretty good thus far.

Oh and Bump

JediWaffles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76  Edited By JediWaffles
As far as the feats involving Kayvaan Shrike outside of his Raven Guard armor, what feats does he have to his name without the armor that, with a significant lack of intelligence in this OP, would point to his ability to be able to even touch Albert Wesker? As quick as Shrike has been shown to be, Wesker moves so fast in avoiding gunfire that it looks as if he's teleporting rather than actually moving. The lightning claws would, i'm sure, cause damage to Wesker if they could, in fact, reach him. And with Wesker playing a game of hit and run, I don't think Wesker would simply be drawn into an all-out brawl against a zombified foe with weaponry, essentially making him an enhanced B.O.W., which is nothing Wesker hasn't faced down before. If I recall, as far as Shrike's past goes (without his weaponry in the Raven Guard), he was able to hold off bandits until they began to outnumber him. Now, granted, i'm not exactly certain of what bandits rock in Warhammer concerning weaponry, however, i'm unconvinced that Shrike sans power armor would be able to provide too much of a threat if he's simply going in for a hack-n-slash bullrush against Wesker.

Shrike held off a large number of bandits, killing quite a number of them before getting overrun. As a kid. Before all the genetically modified stuffs that makes a Space Marine a Space Marine. So basically when he was still a plain ol' ordinary dude. Just to put things into perspective on just how badass your average Space Marine is, here's a quote from a dude who put it very nicely.

Take one single marine, unarmed and unarmoured, and put him in a fighting pit.
Keeping adding human men to the fighting pit, equally armed and armoured.
IMO Space Marine continues to fight and win, endlessly, untill his body dies from lack of nutrition - and considering SM physiology, it's a long time.
SM's are so much better than human warriors in every way that the tabletop doesn't really do it justice. Then again, an SM army would be unplayable if it id - mainly because the 20 or so tactical marines and hell knows what else you would deploy would wipe out bazillions of whatever your enemy pours out, other than CSM, etc.
Thinking about it logically:
A basic SM is likely to be a far better shot than even the most experience, skillful, and lucky human sniper, with any weapon.
A basic SM (not even a particularly hard one) is going to be orders of magnitude tougher, stronger, faster, and more skillful in unarmed combat than even the most badass human martial artist.
With a close combat weapon, the above applies.
A SM is profficient, if not a master, in the use of every weapon that a humanoid of the imperium will encounter in an armoury. If they are not a total master, and they don't prefer it, you can bet that they still practice with it anyway - they just practice MORE with the weapons that they DO prefer.
Space marine armour and weaponry is (if you are a reader/player of Dark Heresy, this should be especially apparent) relatively better than human equipment in the same way their physiques are. A space marine boltgun, for example, is WAY more badass than a boltgun carried by some random human knobber. The same applies to astartes pwer armour - all SM equipment is about as good as it gets.
I havn't even started on the physiology yet, as it would go on for ages. With regard to that, let's just say that they aren't fucking about. Muscularly, they don't really compare. With no enhancement (from powered armour, and such), they are described as being easily able to punch the head clean off a man's shoulders. It wouldn't surprise me if they could quite easily kick through brick walls and such, without armour. At least, the literature from the "inquisitor" game depicts them that way, and this is certainly the only game other than DH that scales the marine power/ability to what it should be: One SM can basically take out entire parties of other characters without even taking much damage. Including inquisitors, psykers, bodyguards, servitors, blah blah - someone brings a marine to an inquisitor match and the complaints start rolling out, mainly because the player without the marine gonna lose.
Why he gonna lose?
'cus, among other things, the marine knows exactly where all of the other players are from turn 1: He has an auspex. If they are immune to the detection from that, he has supernaturally good hearing, so knows where you are. If you are silent, as soon as you come into visual range (which, for him, is the full length of whatever game board you are using, considering not many people have a 20ft game board to mess with, to make that untrue), he sees you (this fucker does not fail tests). He has no fear. His armour takes nukes with joy. He heals, per turn, more damage than most characters not packing a multi-melta can deal.Without any weapons, his strength bonus deals, on average rolls, more damage than a human wielded power weapon (his fists are death, basically).
To a human, his boltgun is a nuke. One shot = DEAD.. Bolter in a game of "true" power scale = WIN. Oh yeah, he does OCCASSIONALLY miss, but he just fired, like, 4 shots from his bolter. So with a hit rate, at lowest, of like 75%, you just got hit. You're dead.
If you got into CC with him, well... that's nice for you... he adds his power-weapon-magnitude strength bonus to his... power weapon attack... Yeah, if you weren't dead before, you certainly are now. He didn't even bother dirtying his sword - he just headbutted you and caved in your face, while mumbling something about the Emperor's wrath.
You're an assassin, you say? So you were silent, immune to detection, and slipped by unseen... to poison him with some ridiculously useless and expensive weapon... ok... Shame he's immune to that, too.
Funnily enough, he also has rules stating that he can then bite you as an attack, and deliver the poison his body was subjected to BACK into you, instead. Nice. Fucked by your own plan. If that weren't cool enough, one of his attacks is being able to spit acid. FUCK your armour, sunshine. He has a knife too, somewhere, I think.
So, you can't run, because he's way faster. You can't fight him, because you're gonna die. Hide? Well, that's fine... untill he casually walks through the reinforced wall right next to you, robocop style, and pops your head like a zit, between his thumb and index finger. Strength of like 250% + power armour = wall fail.
The only character harder/more ridiculous than the space marine is an officio assassinorum assassin. If the marine can take, say, at least 5 other characters without breaking a sweat, then the "official" assassin can take at least 2 or 3 marines without crying about it.
I would definitely believe that in the right circumstances, a marine would hold off hundreds of humans.

Yeah, they're total badasses.

I seriously doubt that Shrike would have the skill in this instance to manage to corner in Wesker and execute a bull-rush attack, when Wesker's shown the ability to utilize speedster dashes, with enough force to blitz an opponent by slamming his hand through a human torso.

Oh, i'm quite confident he is skilled enough.

A second later the battle was joined. Shrike’s very existence was boiled down to
the controlled application of lethal force, every movement of every muscle in his
body and every actuator in his power armour spelling the bloody death of a traitor.
Bodies pressed in from all around, so close that he scarcely needed to raise a talon to
inflict bloodshed. Shrike became a focussed, diamond-hard whirlwind of death, his
talons lashing out in every direction. A dozen traitors were eviscerated within
seconds, great coils of viscera spilling across the ground as bodies were scythed in
two. Despite the intensity of the battle, Shrike was not reduced to some mindless,
blood-crazed berserker as the warriors of more savage Chapters might be. He was
instead the black-armoured angel of vengeance, the deliverer of the Emperor’s
justice, the shadow that brings death. Though his actions were those of a relentless
killer, Shrike maintained icy control over his mind, body and soul. No drop of spilled
blood touched the ground unless he willed it.

Taken from Hunt for Voldorius

Here, Shrike takes on a massive press of Chaos-warped traitors, wiping them all out in mere seconds. For the record, these were Marines fallen under Chaos forces, enhancing them in certain aspects. They may be a tad on the crazed fanatic side, but they still are a huge force to be reckoned with. I'm pretty sure Shrike can tangle with Wesker. In the excerpt i posted, Shrike resisted the urge to go all-out berzerker mode killing everything. As a zombie, he doesn't need to worry about that. If Shrike can take on multiple Space Marine caliber fanatics, while holding back, there's no way Wesker is surviving this. i admit his reflexive, agility, and strength feats are impressive though, and i see this battle be a long drawn-out one though, but i'm quite confident Shrike pulls through in the end, despite the loss of intelligence.

Sorry for not replying recently btw, i've been busy with a lot of baseball games in the past coupla days. This is one helluva long debate though haha.

beatboks1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 6

#77  Edited By beatboks1

@Fetts said:

I can't debate back right now due to a buttload of homework. But I will respond to the last bit there. In my defense, I started that comment last morning, had to go, came back from a track meet, did a bit more, kept the computer on all night because I didn't want to have to re-upload all those scans, and finished in a hurry this morning. And the fight was with Firefly. :) ...... At least pretty sure.

This might help with that.

Personally i have created folders for each of the characters i tend to debate the most. When ever I have scans that are good for them I enter my images then the folder of the character I want, then add scans> that way they're always in that folder. When I want to use them in a debate i Just uplaod from prev images.

Fetts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78  Edited By Fetts
@beatboks1: Ya. I've been meaning to do that but I keep on forgetting it.
beatboks1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 6

#79  Edited By beatboks1

@Fetts said:

@beatboks1: Ya. I've been meaning to do that but I keep on forgetting it.

Trust me it's worth the time. I think before doing it I'd uploaded the same scans so many times it was a joke.

When I first set up the folders I spent an hr or two moving the images I already had into them. Since then the amount of images I upload has dropped a LOT but not the amount of times I use them.

renamed040924

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80  Edited By renamed040924

Something Captain America won't be able to dodge is a shock wave that would send him flying to the ground. Yes he could survive. But it will undoubtedly send him flat on his back which would give Boba an opportunity to snipe him.

Unless Boba has some kind of hightened thought process, I don't see him raising his gun, aiming, firing, realizing his opponents shield is indestructable, re-think his entire game plan, come up with the idea to use a shockwave, and finally re-aim and fire his gun, ALL in less than the 10 seconds it'll take Cap to get in close. By the time he does all that, Rogers will be within feet of him, thus making Boba himself within range of the blast as well.

Quoting MYSELF here,

"Wolverine won't be anywhere near the explosion; I think we can both agree he and Creed will be off in la-la land battling it out with each other. There is 0 doubt the second Sabes gets a whiff of Logan, he'll go for it. Wolverine too, retains enough intelligence to remember Victor and meet him. Wolverine=Sabes<Adamantium Sabes, but only by a bit. Wolverine can still hang with him, for a bit at least. His zombie enhancements ensure they can at least stalemate now.

And that's at the least; the reason Sabes beats Wolverine most of the time is because he gives in to the animal instincts, while Wolverine resists them. Now that he's a zombie, I doubt Logan will care all to much about repressing his animal side. So that's two advantages for Logan, zombie enhancements and feral-ness."

Yes. But it isn't just any infrared. It helps Boba aim at a certain body parts from a distance (including internal body parts) and gives him statistics.

Still, if Cap moves faster then the blasts, which he does, Boba will be hard pressed to land a shot without using a rapid fire weapon. But it's not like that even matters if we're going by the scenario you gave above, using the shockwave.

No not necessarily. Boba has plenty of explosives to choose from. I'm more than confident that Boba could fire an explosive with a small enough blast radius that would send your team flying and still leave Wesker peachy keen. Not to mention, if Boba absolutely had to use an explosive with a massive blast radius, he doesn't have to aim it between Wesker and your team. He could aim it to the opposite side where the shock wave would still send your team flying and still leave Wesker unharmed. So no you can't assume that'd be leave us one man down.

If Wesker is actively duking it out with Shrike, the rest of the zombies will get the opportunity to get near him. He's not just gonna be running in circles for no reason, he's going to be trading blows with his enemy. He can't fend all of us off at the same time, it'll be up to a teamate to save him, and Boba is not the man for that job.

Each of our characters run at different speeds, while Shrike will be in the lead, already grappling with Wesker, Cap will be some distance behind still charging. Gorgon will be behind him, as I don't think Gorgon can match Captain America's sprinting speed, with Logan off in the distance, far away from everyone, fighting Sabretooth.

We don't all run at the exact same speed, some will fall behind the others. The three of us won't be into a good focul point where the blast can affect all of us at the same time, until after we're all groping for Wesker. He's the convergence point, then and only then will we be tightly nit enough to all be blasted, but by that time, Wesker will at least be injured. And since Shrike is still locking fists with the scientist, he won't be able to avoid the explosion.

Oh so now Wolverine can teleport to Sabretooth? Or maybe Boba is going to decide to go to Starbucks before he fires his missile?

No. While your team is grouped together it'd be logical to fire an explosive ASAP. Wolverine won't get near Sabretooth without a shock wave carrying him half way there.

Yes, Wolverine CAN teleport to Sabretooth. Didn't you read Schism?

Ok for real though, no he won't teleport, but he won't be anywhere near the blast either. Logan and Creed will be running for each other at equal speeds, regardless of how hungry he is, Wolverine will pay 0 mind to Wesker. If Wolverine is in the blast zone at the time of the explosion, Creed will be to, since they will be right up in each others faces.

Wolverine will get one whiff of his rival, and instantly all other thoughts will be gone; same for Sabes. Wolverine WON'T be grouped together with his partners at all, they'll go off in a different direction, following Wesker. If they DO happen to go in the same direction, Creed will be hit by the blast as well.

Yes Wolverine would probably go all out feral. But as progenitor pointed out, while Cap could throw his shield, or while Wolverine can slash, or whatever, the zombies won't be doing it to the best of their intelligence/abilities. Which could be vital to your team.

Wolverine was never a tactician, he won't need a GHP to fight the same way he always does, which is just slash slash slash, same as Creed.

Ya know after reading this (And the last one as well) i get the feeling we should be three again

Why? Because I'm trying to WIN the debate for a tourney, like I'm SUPPOSED to do?

JediWaffles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81  Edited By JediWaffles

Also, before i forget, Gorgon has his TP device with him. This means he probably won't get hit by any explosives, and has the element of surprise on Snake-eyes. This leads further to my conclusion that Gorgon takes out SE.

Fetts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82  Edited By Fetts

@nickzambuto
 Unless Boba has some kind of hightened thought process, I don't see him raising his gun, aiming, firing, realizing his opponents shield is indestructable, re-think his entire game plan, come up with the idea to use a shockwave, and finally re-aim and fire his gun, ALL in less than the 10 seconds it'll take Cap to get in close. By the time he does all that, Rogers will be within feet of him, thus making Boba himself within range of the blast as well.  
Why would Boba Fett try to hit Captain America directly? I thought you were the one who said Boba Fett and Captain America going head to head were low. Captain America, Gorgon, and Wolverine would all go for Wesker. What reason would he have to hit Captain America where the explosion would be least effective? And don't me wrong here. What I mean by that is that you stated Captain America would be in front of Gorgon and Wolverine. Boba Fett would most likely try to hit the middle of the group where both the blast and the shock wave would be most effective. 

Quoting MYSELF here,

"Wolverine won't be anywhere near the explosion; I think we can both agree he and Creed will be off in la-la land battling it out with each other. There is 0 doubt the second Sabes gets a whiff of Logan, he'll go for it. Wolverine too, retains enough intelligence to remember Victor and meet him. Wolverine=Sabes<Adamantium Sabes, but only by a bit. Wolverine can still hang with him, for a bit at least. His zombie enhancements ensure they can at least stalemate now.

And that's at the least; the reason Sabes beats Wolverine most of the time is because he gives in to the animal instincts, while Wolverine resists them. Now that he's a zombie, I doubt Logan will care all to much about repressing his animal side. So that's two advantages for Logan, zombie enhancements and feral-ness."

I already countered this when I said " Yes Wolverine would probably go all out feral. But as progenitor pointed out, while Cap could throw his shield, or while Wolverine can slash, or whatever, the zombies won't be doing it to the best of their intelligence/abilities. Which could be vital to your team."   

When Wolverine is a brainless, total raging beast, not thinking about what he's doing when fighting, stuff like this tends to happen:  

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

When Wolverine isn't a total rage monster, honing at least some of his samurai teachings, being a disciplined fighter (which does require you to think when fighting) he is able to do things like this: 

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

Wolverine was never a tactician, he won't need a GHP to fight the same way he always does, which is just slash slash slash, same as Creed.  
The point I just stated out pretty much counters this as well. 

If Wesker is actively duking it out with Shrike, the rest of the zombies will get the opportunity to get near him. He's not just gonna be running in circles for no reason, he's going to be trading blows with his enemy. He can't fend all of us off at the same time, it'll be up to a teamate to save him, and Boba is not the man for that job.

Each of our characters run at different speeds, while Shrike will be in the lead, already grappling with Wesker, Cap will be some distance behind still charging. Gorgon will be behind him, as I don't think Gorgon can match Captain America's sprinting speed, with Logan off in the distance, far away from everyone, fighting Sabretooth.

We don't all run at the exact same speed, some will fall behind the others. The three of us won't be into a good focul point where the blast can affect all of us at the same time, until after we're all groping for Wesker. He's the convergence point, then and only then will we be tightly nit enough to all be blasted, but by that time, Wesker will at least be injured. And since Shrike is still locking fists with the scientist, he won't be able to avoid the explosion.

The problem for the zombies is that they won't get the opportunity. Yes each of your characters run at different speeds but they still have to accelerate. A missile wouldn't need too much time to travel. Give your team like 4 seconds and sure they'll be somewhat spread out. But a concussion rocket doesn't need 4 seconds to travel the distance. It'll be more like 2 at most. By the time the missile hits your side your team will still be somewhat close together. Close enough to be effected both by the blast and the shock wave. Even if your team was spread out like you said they would be, sure the team might not be effected by the blast but they'll still be effected by the shock wave.  

Ok for real though, no he won't teleport, but he won't be anywhere near the blast either. Logan and Creed will be running for each other at equal speeds, regardless of how hungry he is, Wolverine will pay 0 mind to Wesker. If Wolverine is in the blast zone at the time of the explosion, Creed will be to, since they will be right up in each others faces.

Wolverine will get one whiff of his rival, and instantly all other thoughts will be gone; same for Sabes. Wolverine WON'T be grouped together with his partners at all, they'll go off in a different direction, following Wesker. If they DO happen to go in the same direction, Creed will be hit by the blast as well.

Even if Logan did run towards Creed ( which I fail to see why because zombies never really retain any memory of their former selves save for Marvel Zombies. And this Wolverine is different from the Wolverine in Marvel Zombies), I fail to see your point here.  Wolverine isn't going to outrun a shock wave. The explosion will hit in like 2 seconds at the most. I fail to see how Wolverine is going to be far enough from the blast and shock wave in time.  

@JediWaffles said: 

Also, before i forget, Gorgon has his TP device with him. This means he probably won't get hit by any explosives, and has the element of surprise on Snake-eyes. This leads further to my conclusion that Gorgon takes out SE.

Would you mind giving a scan of how his TP device works?

progenitorigin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83  Edited By progenitorigin

Impressive passages for Kayvaan Shrike, for sure, and kudos for findng them. One could argue that part of what makes him such a talented combatant is his skill on the field and knack for clandestine techniques, the examples of him killing enemies before they even know what happened being prime. While I don't disagree that if Shrike's claws were ever to get a hold of Albert Wesker, they would be sure to cause damage, however, I think a zombified Shrike would be hard-pressed to land a hit on Wesker whilst bull rushing, seeing as Wesker has shown enough skills of aversion to dodge automatic fire point blank (during the first boss fight in Resident Evil 5, if automatic weapons are attempted), and enough of a leaping ability to gain good distance on 2 armored Tyrants moving in unison to get their hands on him, as well as other dangerous B.O.W.'s (Resident Evil: The Umbrella Chronicles). While something such as muscle memory would serve Shrike well, he would still find himself the aggressor in a game of cat & mouse orchestrated by Wesker, amidst the chaos going on all around of the combatants tearing up the urban city setting. Also bear in mind that one large downfall for the zombie team during this match-up is the method of victory for team resistance: which is getting to the S.H.I.E.L.D. laboratory in order to create a vaccine for the zombie virus. Albert Wesker not only has a past in high-level security with Umbrella, but is also a genius-level intellect, and talented virologist, a key element in creating a vaccination. All it would take is a little while of Wesker utilizing S.H.I.E.L.D.'s vast resources in order to complete the mission and claim victory by creating that antidote, and that doesn't mean necessarily having to defeat team zombie, it just means Wesker needs to get to the laboratory before the opposition has an opportunity to defeat the rest of his teammates. Below is also another example of his speed and agility during a fight.

As far as adamantium upgraded Sabretooth and zombified Wolverine go, while Wolverine would otherwise give normal Sabretooth a run for his money, I see this more as a walk in the ball-park for Creed, especially when you think how in normal state, without weapons, he's defeated the likes of Omega Red, a Wendigo H2H, taking on an army of The Hand ninja at his doorstep before his assistant Birdy cleared the yard herself with a high-powered firearm. He's had the Black Panther at his mercy before Romulus degraded Creed's mind and Wolverine used the Muramasa blade against Victor in order to end his life (even though now he's back, like a Dinosaur Story). It's long been shown that even before his upgrade, Sabretooth is one of the few enemies of Howlett that has been able to go toe-to-toe with him, even without adamantium, which pretty much tells a tale on its own. While Logan would be able to soak up a bit of punishment in his state of zombification, I doubt he would be able to keep up with Sabretooth's cunning prowess, which would only anger Wolverine further and cause him to make more mistakes, which would easily end in Creed's favor as he could lure the runt into a situation where he further has the upper-hand.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

@Sherlock: I'll try and give your thread some attention here soon, bro, i've been playing catch-up in my own thread for about a week. I agree, though, it's probably best if we became 3, raise thy swords!

renamed040924

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84  Edited By renamed040924

And don't me wrong here. What I mean by that is that you stated Captain America would be in front of Gorgon and Wolverine. Boba Fett would most likely try to hit the middle of the group where both the blast and the shock wave would be most effective.

I was just trying to give a counter to everything you said. You brought up both *Cap goes for Fett* and *Cap goes for Wesker*, so I was just defending how Cap would do ok in both scenarios. Truthfully, with a two teams this big, we have no idea exactly how everything would go down, so it's always best to cover ALL possibilities just in case.

When Wolverine is a brainless, total raging beast, not thinking about what he's doing when fighting, stuff like this tends to happen:

I'm pretty sure Wolverine wasn't mindless in that fight, he was brain washed, but still retained his mind. That's probably why most people call that fight PIS and/or WIS. All that scan does is prove how badass Punisher is.

When Wolverine isn't a total rage monster, honing at least some of his samurai teachings, being a disciplined fighter (which does require you to think when fighting) he is able to do things like this:

Wolverine and Iron Fist were playing around in that scene, their dialogue proves it. In any REAL fight, Wolverine is always a straight brawler. He rarely uses the fullness of his formidable skill.

Give your team like 4 seconds and sure they'll be somewhat spread out. But a concussion rocket doesn't need 4 seconds to travel the distance. It'll be more like 2 at most. By the time the missile hits your side your team will still be somewhat close together.

What I'm saying is it'll take them each a different amount of time to get there.

Shrike is duking it with Wesker, already having delt some damage, when suddenly Cap comes up and blindsides Wesker with his shield. The two of them both then double team Wesker, undoubtedly doing some damage, then finally, Gorgon will arrive, and even if he only gets 2 seconds, that'll be enough for him to get a good hit in.

Boba then fires his missile and... Wesker is still right there. Friendly fire ftw?

Even if Logan did run towards Creed ( which I fail to see why because zombies never really retain any memory of their former selves save for Marvel Zombies. And this Wolverine is different from the Wolverine in Marvel Zombies),

They retain ENOUGH intelligence to use there weapons. If Wolverine still remembers how to work a machine gun, or use a grenade, I'm sure he'll remember the man who killed his girlfriend like, 5 times, and has been the bane of his existance since they met.

Not to mention, you can't deny Creed will go for Logan, it doesn't have to be the other way around. He retains all his intelligence and memories, so I see no reason for Gorgon or Cap or whatever to be higher up on his sh*t list. Since they each have the same distance to run, they'll both arrive at the same spot. If Wolverine is within range of the blast, Sabretooth is as well.

Wolverine isn't going to outrun a shock wave. The explosion will hit in like 2 seconds at the most. I fail to see how Wolverine is going to be far enough from the blast and shock wave in time.

See above.

I agree, though, it's probably best if we became 3, raise thy swords!

JediWaffles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85  Edited By JediWaffles

@progenitor: The battle between Wesker ans Shrike, i'm sure shall be a long and epic one, especially giving the strategy you mentioned, that of a cat and mouse game. However, with Shrike bloodlusted and on his heels, i doubt Wesker will have the time or the opportunity to go about the other possible win-condition, that is, obtain the vaccine. If Wesker doesn't give Shrike his full attention, it should be fairly easy for the marine to incapacitate Wesker.

At the beginning of the encounter, what makes you say Fett immediately launches an explosive? I doubt that would be his first move. He would more likely attempt to snipe down individuals first, and seeing as that would be innefective, THEN he would prefer to go with explosives. By that time, the zombies would be in close range, and the blast would probably affect most of Boba's team as well. And Boba wouldn't give a damn if it did. You have to take into account that most of your team has no knowledge of each other and probably doesn't care what happens to each other. If Boba saw that everyone was up in melee range and all fighting, he wouldn't hesitate to launch an explosive that would take out his own teammates as well.

JediWaffles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86  Edited By JediWaffles
Would you mind giving a scan of how his TP device works?

I'll get back to you on that asap. To be honest, i haven't read the actual comic wherein he used it, but read it somewhere in the forum. I'll dig around for it and let you know, but for now, discredit the fact that he has it, since i have no scans. :D

Sherlock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87  Edited By Sherlock

@progenitor: Well since thats the case ill find a new banner for the Corps

Bump as well lets get this thing moving

progenitorigin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88  Edited By progenitorigin

@nickzambuto: I said raise it, Weskvenger!

No Caption Provided
progenitorigin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89  Edited By progenitorigin

@JediWaffles: This poses to be quite an inconvenience for Albert Wesker, as he wouldn't necessarily want to be drawn into an epic brawl-fest with a marine when a crucial part to his mission is to make headway to the S.H.I.E.L.D. laboratory. I do think that even while bull-rushing, Shrike has the means to tag Wesker with his specialty claws--however, I don't think that Wesker would lower his defenses enough for it to be a vulnerable opening. Almost immediately after a slash, Wesker's active healing factor would kick in, healing him beneath the leather/teflon outfit while still playing the game of cat & mouse. Now, up until this moment, i've only used one example of the incendiary grenade being slammed into Shrike's torso with a steady hand, however, there are other advantages to be used, such as the flash grenades that could act as a flash bang weapon, briefly disorienting a zombified Shrike, long enough for Wesker to scale up and leap atop the roof of a nearby building, gaining more distance from the marine. Unfortunately, the iron halo would prevent his firearms from causing Shrike damage, which would put somewhat of a monkey wrench in Wesker's offensive gears, however, his high intelligence should make up for what long-distance assaults would lack. Luring Shrike away from the battle, Wesker would begin to utilize his speedster sprints to gain ground and make a run for the laboratory, still using the rooftops for his advantage, counting on Shrike's pursuit.

@nickzambuto: Switching things up to the confrontation between the enhanced Sabretooth and the zombified Wolverine, I imagine soon it would become clear that Creed would be robbed of his wish to cause Logan great pain, aside from watching his state of decomposition increase from the effects of their brawl-fest. Although i'm absolutely sure that Sabretooth would quickly gain the upper-hand, that isn't to say that Howlett wouldn't be able to tag him a few times, as inefficient as that would be, considering the upgraded healing factor Sabretooth now possesses in this scenario, it would only be a matter of time until Creed would think of a way to trap Logan, whether it's using steel to wrap him up like a gift package, or use a sewer manhole like a weapon to beat Logan down into the sewers, where Creed would have the upper hand and advantage in the darkness by having the element of surprise, as opposed to the mindless ferocity of Wolverine in his current state. Haymakers would be given, slams, shoving Logan's face down into the sewer water, anything to slow him down even more.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
renamed040924

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90  Edited By renamed040924

Almost immediately after a slash, Wesker's active healing factor would kick in, healing him beneath the leather/teflon outfit while still playing the game of cat & mouse.

While Wesker does have a healing factor of his own, it's not nearly as advanced as you make it out to be.

When the Tyrant impaled him, it took him about 30 minutes to repair his spine, intestines, and probably a few ribs. Compared to someone like Wolverine - hell compared to Deathstroke, that's not very impressive.

With his speed, strength, and durability of his claws, a strike from Shrike will go deep. Wesker will be ok in a few minutes, but if these two are actively trading blows, by the time those few minutes are up, he'll have a dozen more wounds to replace it.

And I know this is my partner's job, but I'd like to point out that this cat and mouse strategy Wesker will use, won't be nearly as easy as you make it out to be. Shrike can do more then just match Wesker in speed, so unless the so called "god" is literally sprinting away from his enemy at max speed, he WILL get caught.

considering the upgraded healing factor Sabretooth now possesses in this scenario,

Upgraded healing factor?

Haymakers would be given, slams, shoving Logan's face down into the sewer water, anything to slow him down even more.

And Wolverine will just keep getting back up.

As a zombie, Logan feels no pain. Everything Sabes does to him will be met with an apathetic "ugh", followed by a lunge for Creed's neck.

But even then, Logan's physical enhancements and ferocity are the least of his advancements. A Bren Light Machine Gun being unloaded into his enemies face will at least distract him and make him take a minute to heal. That goes along well with his bid to just keep Creed occupied.

Obviously, in this state, Wolverine's goal isn't to distract Sabes, but in the end, that's most likely what will end up happening. Wolverine just serves as a distraction, a punching bag for Creed to wail on for a bit while the rest of the fighting goes on. But, this is absolutely ok, because Woverine can honestly, last a very long time. Long enough for one of his teamates to smell some more fresh blood and blindside Creed.

Flash bang grenades will be a big help in this, Logan lobs one up and over, and Sabes won't be very thankfull for his enhanced senses any longer. While he's stumbling about, Wolverine runs over and just goes insane, cutting Creed up sumthin baaad. Sure, Sabretooth will recover eventually and take the lead in the bout, but every second he's busy adds to our teams chance of victory. As the minutes go by, and Vic has finally recovered from the grenade, he'll find himself resembling Freddy Krueger, but instead of just his face, it's all over his body. As he heals, more time goes by, etc.

Wolverine can keep Creed busy.

Last thing I wanna say, none of those scans are applicable. In the first, Wolverine directly states The Hand gave him Kitty Pryde's innocence, while Creed got Wolvy's honor. Neither was fighting to there full capabilities; in fact, I doubt Logan was even fighting AT ALL, beside the occasion kick to gain some distance, he wasn't trying to harm Creed, only explain to him what happened so they could work together and solve everything. Hardly a true feat.

All that happens in the second one is Wolverine gets a bit of a scratch. He doesn't even bat an eyelash. Creed didn't really do anything that proves he can beat Logan.

I don't even see Wolverine's claws out in the third one, again, hardly a real fight.

Oh, and another thing.

Your entire plan, everything, grouping everyone together, firing the missile, shockwave picking up the slack, than sniping us out - that ENTIRE thing depends on one important factor - Wesker running out and being bait. And that, will not happen.

Albie has never been one to take the inititave and go looking for a fight. He always sends other dudes to do the dirty work, Ada Wong, Jack Krauser, Jill Valentine, HUNK, even Excella fought before he did. Why does he have an army of infected foot soldiers guarding his place if he's ready to meet the opposition? No, even if Shrike does charge you guys, he won't go and meet him half way. He'll hang back and observe while his partners do the work.

Wesker's plan will be simple: hang back, learn the enemies capabilities, let the others weaken them, then pick up the slack when everyone is dead. In other words, he won't be of much help to his team. So, in essence, it's Boba and Snake Eyes VS Captain America, Gorgon, and Kayvaan Shrike. 3 on 2 in our favor, ya'll gun git pwned.

Cap's shield takes Red Skull's arm clean off; Snake Eyes won't fair much better.

Dat inhuman accuracy

Dodges bullets while running all the way behind the guys back before he even realizes it.

Opens a lighter with his shield, then throws it again, taking out the flame, only for the shield to ricohet and REactivate the lighter, without even looking.

Dives out of a helecopter with no parachute (he does this a lot).

He sees faster then bullets; good luck to Boba Fett sniping him at 100 yards.

Fetts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91  Edited By Fetts
@JediWaffles: Maybe if these were low life smugglers from the Star Wars Universe he'd try to snipe them with blasters. But Boba Fett wouldn't have much trouble realizing that these aren't mediocre smugglers, simply by looking at them. Kayvaan will undoubtedly make the first move on your team because he's the fastest. Wesker will probably meet him somewhere around the half way point. I think Kayvaan showing his speed would be enough to tell Boba that they aren't the average zombies and are more enhanced by a good degree. I think he'd probably figure out pretty much instantly that your entire team is more enhanced than the other zombies, would decide to play it safe, and would fire his most effective weapon. Not only that, but Creed knows most of your team. Even if Boba did start sniping first, Creed could probably tell him to fire what's most effective. Same goes for Wesker. He may not know Marvel characters but he knows zombies. He too would notice that your zombie team is enhanced since he's worked with zombies for so long. He too would probably tell Fett to use his most effective weapon. Also, I highly doubt Boba would snipe for so long if he were to start out sniping. He'd probably fire a couple shots and realize it'd be ineffective quickly and would soon fire an explosive. The only one who might be that close to Boba before he fires an explosive is Cap (considering Kayvaan would be busy with Wesker). But Cap would probably have to go through the likes of Snake-Eyes and/or Sabretooth. Both are capable of giving him trouble and quite possibly beating him. Again just hypothetically speaking there. And actually, it's questionable they'd head towards Boba even if he did try to snipe them. After all you said it'd be ineffective. Why would they charge after somebody who wouldn't have posed a threat (yet) and completely ditch their extreme desire for the closest meal? That'd wouldn't be the zombie way. They're extremely thirsty for flesh. They wouldn't go after something that wouldn't effect them. They'd ignore it and head towards Wesker. 

And plus, while it's true Boba probably wouldn't give jack crap about his team he still wouldn't take his own team out. He knows that their on his side and he that would bring himself a disadvantage if he took out his own team. Boba never takes out teammates needlessly. Boba is more intelligent than that. Hell, he's worked with people who hate him (namely Bossk) and didn't kill him needlessly. In fact it would have been more profitable if Boba had just killed him but he still didn't. I doubt he'd kill people who don't have a grudge against him needlessly.  

@nickzambuto
  I'm pretty sure Wolverine wasn't mindless in that fight, he was brain washed, but still retained his mind. That's probably why most people call that fight PIS and/or WIS. All that scan does is prove how badass Punisher is.
I haven't read the comic for myself. But I think we can still agree though that if Wolverine was thinking like his normal self then he wouldn't have been owned so easily. It might have been PIS if it was normal Wolverine but a brain washed Wolverine might have been the reason why he was owned so easily. 

Wolverine and Iron Fist were playing around in that scene, their dialogue proves it. In any REAL fight, Wolverine is always a straight brawler. He rarely uses the fullness of his formidable skill. 
They were still fighting to beat each other though. And while I agree Wolverine is a straight up brawler, I find often that he use at least some of his formidable skill at the same time.  

What I'm saying is it'll take them each a different amount of time to get there.

Shrike is duking it with Wesker, already having delt some damage, when suddenly Cap comes up and blindsides Wesker with his shield. The two of them both then double team Wesker, undoubtedly doing some damage, then finally, Gorgon will arrive, and even if he only gets 2 seconds, that'll be enough for him to get a good hit in.

Boba then fires his missile and... Wesker is still right there. Friendly fire ftw?

Firstly, Boba is the most feared bounty hunter in the galaxy for a reason. He's good. And he's not slow. Especially not that slow. Secondly, I find it extremely hard to believe that anybody other than Kayvaan could reach Wesker before a missile could hit your side. It almost sounds like you think they can run faster than a missile. Like I said a concussion rocket would need 2 seconds at most to hit your side. You're telling me that your team could reach Wesker in less time? Also, after Wesker and Kayvaan would reach the half way point, progenitor stated that Wesker would probably orchestrate a cat and mouse game. That'd distract your entire team. Hell he could send them in the wrong direction where it'd be even easier for Boba to effect or even take out most of them at once. You yourself said they'd go after the closest meal. If they see the closest meal coming around behind them, they'll probably run after him. They don't care about killing our team in an orderly and tactical fashion. They just wanna eat.

They retain ENOUGH intelligence to use there weapons. If Wolverine still remembers how to work a machine gun, or use a grenade, I'm sure he'll remember the man who killed his girlfriend like, 5 times, and has been the bane of his existance since they met.

Not to mention, you can't deny Creed will go for Logan, it doesn't have to be the other way around. He retains all his intelligence and memories, so I see no reason for Gorgon or Cap or whatever to be higher up on his sh*t list. Since they each have the same distance to run, they'll both arrive at the same spot. If Wolverine is within range of the blast, Sabretooth is as well.

I wouldn't say that'd necessarily be the case. But nevertheless, if he did, I think in his zombie state he'd care more about eating anybody who's nearby (Wesker) more than getting revenge. And no I can't deny he'd go for Logan but he can't run that fast.  I'm telling you that the missile will hit before your team (or my team) can really reach anybody. The only people who probably could reach each other is Wesker and Kayvaan. And Boba doesn't have to aim so that the explosion would effect Wesker. And I still fail to see how Logan isn't going to be effected by the blast and shock wave. Just because he'd go after Sabretooth doesn't mean that'd stop a shock wave carrying him half the way there. 
renamed040924

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92  Edited By renamed040924

Secondly, I find it extremely hard to believe that anybody other than Kayvaan could reach Wesker before a missile could hit your side.

I think you're misunderstanding what I'm saying. I'm saying that Shrike fights Wesker for a bit, does a bit of damage, Cap shows up, they doube team for a minute, then finally Gorgon shows up, and then and only then will they all be close enough for the missile to effect them ALL. Boba will have to wait for that moment, in the meantime Wesker gets whooped.

And plus, while it's true Boba probably wouldn't give jack crap about his team he still wouldn't take his own team out.

If he's not willing to hit Wesker, then there's no chance of your tactic working.

Not that any of this even matters, because as I've discussed above, Wesker, in true Wesker fashion, won't give a crap if Shrike charges at you guys. He'll hang back, as he always does, and just watch for a bit, assess the oppositions power and whatnot. He's not gonna go looking for a fight with Shrike. He didn't with Chris, he just let Jill handle that. Jill failed, send Excella out for a bit. Still no luck? Why not an army of monsters.

Wesker only actually did ANYTHING when there was no one else left to fight, but him. If he didn't feel like fighting the man he hates more than anyone else on the planet, I doubt he'll be to motivated to go after Shrike, a guy who he's never even seen before. Thus putting a whole in your entire game plan.

They were still fighting to beat each other though.

Whenever Wolverine gets into a real fight, he's already enraged, no skill comes to mind, just slash slash slash, much like he is in zombie form.

And I still fail to see how Logan isn't going to be effected by the blast and shock wave. Just because he'd go after Sabretooth doesn't mean that'd stop a shock wave carrying him half the way there.

Logan and Creed, running the same distance, at the same speed, to the same location, will logically be in the same spot when the missile hits, thus putting Creed in danger as well.

But again, Wesker won't even be out there as the lure, so this plan won't work.

progenitorigin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93  Edited By progenitorigin

@nickzambuto: Actually, I think it's been shown that Wesker's healing factor has been quite impressive, I mean, taking a swan dive from the window of a mansion from a far heights to a rocky bottom, not only to survive and heal from that, but also saving Jill Valentine's life in the process? And actually, I seriously doubt it took as long as 30 minutes for Wesker to get up after being thoroughly gored by the Tyrant. Considering the extent of his injuries, I would say he healed rather quickly. Especially when you think he got up while the self-destruct sequence was still going on in the underground laboratory, I believe the survivors of S.T.A.R.S. had just been picked up by Brad Vickers and flown to minimum safe distance before the laboratory and mansion went up in an explosion, and Wesker had made it out before that, so if you think about it, Wesker had made it out before the helicopter was even in safe distance from the explosion. Not to mention, in The Umbrella Chronicles, Wesker rose rather quickly, still covered in blood and gore, while casually using his powers to kill off B.O.W.'s (including Lisa Trevor) along the way. Is there a specific time limit on how fast his healing factor is? No, but neither is there a time limit that shows when, exactly, his healing factor kicks in, so based on what we see during the storyline, I would say it's about Deathstroke level, especially when you consider in his weakened state (after the overdose of serum admistered by Chris Redfield), he was shot in the head by Sheva, and came back after the crash in the volcano as if nothing had happened.

No Caption Provided

Sabretooth's amped healing factor was explained in the scan of him facing Deadpool, if you read their dialogue, which is why Deadpool's rifle did virtually little to no damage against him, where it might have caused him to stumble away before. Also, considering Captain America is lacking his greatest tool--his strategic skills, which come from his brilliant tactical mind, I think Boba Fett would actually have a somewhat easy time ridding of the shield with a few blasts from his energy firearms, only to get lit up like a Christmas tree once Rogers is without the shield, especially when you look at the arsenal Fett is packing in the OP. You can show as many shield skill tricks as make you happy inside, but that doesn't mean a zombified mind is going to have the comprehension to ricochet a shield and outsmart a seasoned veteran like Boba Fett. If anything, a zombified Captain America would probably be the first to fall in this scenario, leaving Boba Fett to aid other teammates by firing away with his weaponry, and who's to say he wouldn't be able to use the fallen Cap shield, as well as his own durasteel armor, to protect himself from any types of further assaults? Shrike has been described as fast, no doubt about that, but it's not as if Wesker wouldn't be able to avoid the brunt of his assaults, especially an oncoming bull-rush type of offensive that Wesker could see coming a mile away. Hell, Wesker has shown the ability to multi-task in battle, he could also pump some S&W magnum rounds into the back spinal column of an unknowing Captain America just to make Boba Fett's job easier, I doubt a zombified team is going to focus and rely heavily upon teamwork. Of the opposing team, Captain America and Wolverine are the most likely to fall first, leaving the rest of our team to keep The Gorgon & Shrike busy until Wesker retrieves the S.H.I.E.L.D. antidote, giving our team the victory without even having to kill or incapacitate everyone on the opposing team.

JediWaffles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94  Edited By JediWaffles
This poses to be quite an inconvenience for Albert Wesker, as he wouldn't necessarily want to be drawn into an epic brawl-fest with a marine when a crucial part to his mission is to make headway to the S.H.I.E.L.D. laboratory. I do think that even while bull-rushing, Shrike has the means to tag Wesker with his specialty claws--however, I don't think that Wesker would lower his defenses enough for it to be a vulnerable opening. Almost immediately after a slash, Wesker's active healing factor would kick in, healing him beneath the leather/teflon outfit while still playing the game of cat & mouse. Now, up until this moment, i've only used one example of the incendiary grenade being slammed into Shrike's torso with a steady hand, however, there are other advantages to be used, such as the flash grenades that could act as a flash bang weapon, briefly disorienting a zombified Shrike, long enough for Wesker to scale up and leap atop the roof of a nearby building, gaining more distance from the marine. Unfortunately, the iron halo would prevent his firearms from causing Shrike damage, which would put somewhat of a monkey wrench in Wesker's offensive gears, however, his high intelligence should make up for what long-distance assaults would lack. Luring Shrike away from the battle, Wesker would begin to utilize his speedster sprints to gain ground and make a run for the laboratory, still using the rooftops for his advantage, counting on Shrike's pursuit.

Like my partner mentioned, a strike from Kayvaan is nothing to be scoffed at, especially since there will probably be multiple ones. You also have to consider the off-chance that it hits a vital organ, or shatters his spine, in which case i don't think even Wesker's healing factor would prevent Shrike from finishing the job. Also, a flash grenade wouldn't be as effective as you think against a marine. Marines have an extraordinary sense of smell, being able to track enemies leagues away through any weather condition purely based on smell. They're kinda like human tracking devices. With Wesker being in relatively close quarters at the time the flashbang is thrown, it shouldn't be so hard for Shrike to pace with Wesker until the effects of the flashbang wear off.

Maybe if these were low life smugglers from the Star Wars Universe he'd try to snipe them with blasters. But Boba Fett wouldn't have much trouble realizing that these aren't mediocre smugglers, simply by looking at them. Kayvaan will undoubtedly make the first move on your team because he's the fastest. Wesker will probably meet him somewhere around the half way point. I think Kayvaan showing his speed would be enough to tell Boba that they aren't the average zombies and are more enhanced by a good degree. I think he'd probably figure out pretty much instantly that your entire team is more enhanced than the other zombies, would decide to play it safe, and would fire his most effective weapon. Not only that, but Creed knows most of your team. Even if Boba did start sniping first, Creed could probably tell him to fire what's most effective. Same goes for Wesker. He may not know Marvel characters but he knows zombies. He too would notice that your zombie team is enhanced since he's worked with zombies for so long. He too would probably tell Fett to use his most effective weapon. Also, I highly doubt Boba would snipe for so long if he were to start out sniping. He'd probably fire a couple shots and realize it'd be ineffective quickly and would soon fire an explosive. The only one who might be that close to Boba before he fires an explosive is Cap (considering Kayvaan would be busy with Wesker). But Cap would probably have to go through the likes of Snake-Eyes and/or Sabretooth. Both are capable of giving him trouble and quite possibly beating him. Again just hypothetically speaking there. And actually, it's questionable they'd head towards Boba even if he did try to snipe them. After all you said it'd be ineffective. Why would they charge after somebody who wouldn't have posed a threat (yet) and completely ditch their extreme desire for the closest meal? That'd wouldn't be the zombie way. They're extremely thirsty for flesh. They wouldn't go after something that wouldn't effect them. They'd ignore it and head towards Wesker.

Even with knowledge from Creed, Boba still knows absolutely nothing about Shrike, and will undoubtedly gauge his strength via blaster. Even if its just a couple of rounds, that gives our zombie team a chance to get in a bit closer, perhaps not within melee range of your characters, but close nevertheless. Throw in the time it takes for Boba to decide to use a missile, and launch it, and that's at LEAST another 3.5 seconds. By then, Kayvaan will be duking it out with Wesker, and Cap and Logan are well on their way. Gorgon, once i find out how his stupid TP device works, he could very well be behind enemy lines already.

Firstly, Boba is the most feared bounty hunter in the galaxy for a reason. He's good. And he's not slow. Especially not that slow. Secondly, I find it extremely hard to believe that anybody other than Kayvaan could reach Wesker before a missile could hit your side. It almost sounds like you think they can run faster than a missile. Like I said a concussion rocket would need 2 seconds at most to hit your side. You're telling me that your team could reach Wesker in less time? Also, after Wesker and Kayvaan would reach the half way point, progenitor stated that Wesker would probably orchestrate a cat and mouse game. That'd distract your entire team. Hell he could send them in the wrong direction where it'd be even easier for Boba to effect or even take out most of them at once. You yourself said they'd go after the closest meal. If they see the closest meal coming around behind them, they'll probably run after him. They don't care about killing our team in an orderly and tactical fashion. They just wanna eat.

No one in our team has the speed to match Shrike's and Wesker's. That said, as zombies, they'll quickly move on the closer meals. If Wesker slows down just a bit to lure out the rest of my team, Shrike takes care of him. So this whole thing still plays out into a giant brawl with their respective match-ups. Logan and Creed fight, whilst Shrike and Wesker fight. The only other two possibilities here are Boba-Cap, SE-Gorgon, or Boba-Gorgon, SE-Cap. And i think we all know that a Gorgon vs. Boba fight just completely wrecks Boba, despite his vast arsenal, due to Gorgon's reflexes, strength, durability, etc.

And plus, while it's true Boba probably wouldn't give jack crap about his team he still wouldn't take his own team out. He knows that their on his side and he that would bring himself a disadvantage if he took out his own team. Boba never takes out teammates needlessly. Boba is more intelligent than that. Hell, he's worked with people who hate him (namely Bossk) and didn't kill him needlessly. In fact it would have been more profitable if Boba had just killed him but he still didn't. I doubt he'd kill people who don't have a grudge against him needlessly.

I'm sure he wouldn't kill them if he thought they'd be of use, but like you said, you were firing out a concussive missile. If it meant putting his teammates at a disadvantage so he could gain the upper hand, i'm sure Boba would do it. Say Wesker and Shrike were off fighting to the side. If it meant an easier shot at Shrike to take him out, Fett would undoubtedly fire a concussive missile that would knock down Wesker too.

renamed040924

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95  Edited By renamed040924

I mean, taking a swan dive from the window of a mansion from a far heights to a rocky bottom,

As shown in the Lost in Nightmares DLC, the Spencer Mansion was fuggin BIG. It would take Chris quite awhile to get all the way from the estates peak, down to the backyard. Wesker had plenty of time to recupperate.

And actually, I seriously doubt it took as long as 30 minutes for Wesker to get up after being thoroughly gored by the Tyrant.

From the time Wesker was stabbed, to when his story in Umbrella Chronicles starts, Chris fought the Tyrant, ran through the labs, activated the self destruct, freed Jill, ran around some more, got to the roof, launched a flair, and fought the Tyrant a second time. If I remember correctly, Wesker's story ends with the Spencer Mansion blowing up as he walks away, so I think it's safe to assume it took him awhile.

In this blind Let's Play, in other words this was the very first time he played REmake, it took Necroscope about 27 minutes, from the point of Wesker's demise, to the end of the game. Sure it's not exact canon numbers, but it gives you an idea of how long it would take Chris.

Ok... so I guess I'm ready to go to voting. Unless you guys have something else to add, I think we're done here.

progenitorigin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96  Edited By progenitorigin

I would still consider that reaching, especially since you're going by the REmake, when The Umbrella Chronicles was released much closer to Resident Evil 5, I would trust in that more. I won't speak on my own partner's behalf as far as his beliefs go on how this will eventually end, but there are one of many scenarios I can see panning out. Continuing from where I left off, I wouldn't expect the zombified marine Shrike to remain dazed for too long from the flash bang--although, with heightened senses, one could also provide a counter-argument that it might effect his senses more than you admitted. Nevertheless, by the time Shrike goes by his bloodhound senses and goes in pursuit of Albert Wesker, he could already have a decent head start towards his destination: the S.H.I.E.L.D. laboratory. Meanwhile, I honestly don't see a zombified Captain America holding his own very long against a well-armed Boba Fett, who not only could eventually disarm the Cap zombie of the shield by simply avoiding a shield toss or using a missile to blow the shield a good distance away, and my partner has already provided instances of Boba Fett's talent during combat, that which has earned him a monikker of being one of, if not the, best bounty hunter in the galaxy. So after losing his shield and being blown to bits by Boba Fett due to his skills being hindered by a decomposing craw (the cheap shot to Cap by Wesker running by would also be a help in this case), however, it would then suddenly become a 4-on-3 situation.

Sabretooth has already shown to be superior to Wolverine with his adamantium upgrade. Even before the upgrade, Wolverine has stated that a normal Sabretooth has a superior healing factor to himself.

No Caption Provided

With a superior upgrade in healing factor, we can only imagine how long it would take for Sabretooth to heal from a couple slashes from Wolverine, however well-placed they may be. Now, without a doubt, I could see the confrontation between Sabretooth and Wolverine turning into a brawl-fest, however, I don't see it lasting as long as you would like, especially with it being a zombified Howlett, who Creed would most likely take pride and joy in toying with, it would only be a matter of time until Sabretooth would beat down and maul Wolverine enough that the runt wouldn't be able to get back up, and the more damage Logan could soak, the more fun Sabretooth would have in that situation, as we all know he loves giving Wolverine punishment. Casually, Boba Fett could position himself like a sniper, picking off the downed Wolverine with a missile, or a few blasts from his energy pistols. Either way, the combined assault of Sabretooth's brute force and Boba Fett's technology would, in the end, wreck Wolverine, bringing both him and Captain America down for the count, suddenly making the situation now 4-on-2, with the 2 biggest threats of the opposition being left, both Shrike and The Gorgon. Creed having the hot scent of Shrike being in pursuit of Wesker, Boba Fett & Snake-Eyes could be left to their own devices in a combined team effort against a zombified Gorgon. Although Snake-Eyes wouldn't have the weaponry of Godkiller, he still would himself have impressive speed to parry with The Gorgon, and the tactical skills of Boba Fett with his weaponry would only add to keep The Gorgon busy.

Hot on the trail, eventually the cat & mouse game between Kayvaan Shrike and Albert Wesker would lead them to the S.H.I.E.L.D. laboratory, a victory for our team being when Wesker reaches the antidote developed as a counter-measure against the zombie menace. In an effort to slow Shrike down, by now, Wesker would have an idea of his comparable speed, meaning the next logical step would be to slow the marine down by any means. Keeping to the rooftops, Shrike would suddenly find himself leaping into the explosion of an incendiary grenade left behind by Wesker with the pin pulled, engulfing the marine briefly in a burst of flames. While it would only be a distraction, considering Shrike's impressive healing factor, even seconds worth of time could mean victory, or defeat. Finally reaching the destination, it wouldn't mean that Shrike would give up a relentless assault upon Wesker, obviously, and so another confrontation would occur, with Wesker using his leaping ability to do his best to avoid the claws & teeth of Kayvaan, Shrike would, eventually, manage to tag Wesker, while it wouldn't necessarily be a mortal wound, it would be enough to quickly cause Wesker's healing factor to kick in, meanwhile, dropping another flash bang between Shrike's legs, giving Wesker enough time to roll out of the way from a kill shot. Just when it would seem as though Shrike would begin to gain an upper-hand on Wesker, the hunting Sabretooth would suddenly pounce Shrike from behind, clawing him down the back and spine, slashing at his organs. While Sabretooth most likely couldn't match Shrike speed-for-speed, he would have just as an impressive healing factor, as well as strength, and unbreakable adamantium skeleton & claws capable of shredding into Shrike just as easily as Shrike's claws would shred into Creed. While the two would wrestle and tumble, it would allow Wesker enough time to slip into the laboratory and retrieve the antidote, ensuring victory for the resistance team.

I'll talk over with my comrade Fetts to see what he thinks about bringing this to votes, since Nick's said his last bit, i'm guessing his partner is thinking the same, unless i'm mistaken. I'll talk with him and see if we're ready.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
renamed040924

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97  Edited By renamed040924

I would still consider that reaching, especially since you're going by theREmake, whenThe Umbrella Chronicleswas released much closer toResident Evil 5, I would trust in that more.

REmake is the canon game in the Resident Evil universe. 1 was retconned, and Umbrella Chronicles was an abridged retelling.

All I wanna say.

JediWaffles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98  Edited By JediWaffles

@progenitor: Alright. So based on your plan, Wesker is leading Shrike on a merry chase, yes? Sure Wesker will use a bunch of his grenades to slow Shrike down, but they'll still be running at high speeds else Shrike could take down Wesker. The sabretooth/wolverine fight, no matter how it ends, will still take a lot of time. There is absolutely no way that after that fight, he can catch up to Wesker and Shrike. So it still, in the end, boils down to a one-on-one between Shrike and Wesker. Going by the strategy you just mentioned, Wesker and Shrike are the first to clash. Wesker turns tail, hoping to draw out Shrike in a game of cat and mouse, whilst aiming for the serum at the same time. Unable to shake off Shrike, and now too far from his teammates, he turns to face Shrike. The zombified Shrike fights bitterly, lashing out with his Lightning Talons, and eventually scores a hit that causes Wesker to falter. That split-second is more than enough for the battle-hardened Space Marine to finish off Wesker for good.

Going with this same scenario, it will still take some while for Shrike to return to the scene of the battle where his zombie buddies are. I see Gorgon taking out Snake-eyes, and i'll leave my partner to debate his side, but with 2 teammates down, i don't see the Resistance winning.

And yeah, i think this debate is coming to a close, i think my partner and Fetts may have some last words. I may post one last time though, before we can close this thing and get to the voting. :D

Fetts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99  Edited By Fetts
I think you're misunderstanding what I'm saying. I'm saying that Shrike fights Wesker for a bit, does a bit of damage, Cap shows up, they doube team for a minute, then finally Gorgon shows up, and then and only then will they all be close enough for the missile to effect them ALL. Boba will have to wait for that moment, in the meantime Wesker gets whooped. 
Ah. I see your point. But I think you are a tad mistaken as well. Firstly, they'll all begin close together. They have to start accelerating and run towards Wesker. Because they have to accelerate, even if that won't take long, they'll all be grouped together for a moment. Once the missile hits it will send those 3 team members flying. 

If he's not willing to hit Wesker, then there's no chance of your tactic working. 
Like I said, Boba could aim at a certain point where the explosion would still effect your team but wouldn't effect Wesker. 

No one in our team has the speed to match Shrike's and Wesker's. That said, as zombies, they'll quickly move on the closer meals. If Wesker slows down just a bit to lure out the rest of my team, Shrike takes care of him. So this whole thing still plays out into a giant brawl with their respective match-ups. Logan and Creed fight, whilst Shrike and Wesker fight. The only other two possibilities here are Boba-Cap, SE-Gorgon, or Boba-Gorgon, SE-Cap. And i think we all know that a Gorgon vs. Boba fight just completely wrecks Boba, despite his vast arsenal, due to Gorgon's reflexes, strength, durability, etc. 
 I don't see why Wesker would have to slow down for anything. All he has to do is start a cat and mouse game. I don't recall you objecting that Wesker could start one. He doesn't have to concentrate on luring your team.  Also I'm not going to really make a comment about Gorgon and Snake-Eyes until I know the nature of his TP device. If it makes a sound or a puff of smoke like Nightcrawler's, Snake-Eyes will reflexively turn around and strike. Also, to be honest I think you might be underestimating Boba yet again. Boba Fett has tangled with Darth Vader in close combat and in fact almost killed him. He's also beaten Jedi Master Rahm Kota with complete ease. I have no doubt Boba Fett could tangle with Gorgon in close combat.

I'm sure he wouldn't kill them if he thought they'd be of use, but like you said, you were firing out a concussive missile. If it meant putting his teammates at a disadvantage so he could gain the upper hand, i'm sure Boba would do it. Say Wesker and Shrike were off fighting to the side. If it meant an easier shot at Shrike to take him out, Fett would undoubtedly fire a concussive missile that would knock down Wesker too. 
See what I told nick. 

@JediWaffles
Also, as I've mentioned, if Wesker did orchestrate a cat and mouse game that would distract your team. All zombies care about is eating the closest meal. I could see at least Captain America and Wolverine taken out by Boba if they were all distracted by Wesker jumping all around. Gorgon might not be due to his TP device. But that still puts us at least at a 4 vs. 2 advantage. That would leave one or two of our guys on Gorgon and the rest could follow Wesker for back up purposes. Hell one of them could even take Cap's shield. 

I think I'm also ready to start voting unless somebody else has anything to add. 
renamed040924

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100  Edited By renamed040924

Wait, holdup. Something has recently come to my attention.

As it turns out, Kayvaan Shrike is a solid 10 tonner. Waltzing through solid concrete walls, ripping apart tanks with their bare hands, and beating a Dreadnaught, a giant spaceship, in a game of tug of war - these are all feats from your average Space Marine. Shrike is hardly your average Space Marine, in the same sense Wesker is hardly your average human.

All these feats put Shrike well above Wesker in strength, who's greatest feat is punching a whole through a decrepit old man who's innards probably resembled jellotin more than organs. I'll be generous and call Alby a 4 tonner, hell you yourself, progs, said exactly that right here right here.

http://www.comicvine.com/forums/battles/7/spider-man-vs-wesker/661274/

@progenitor said:

I never said Wesker was a 10-tonner, and I never would, but his speed and agility could easily match Spidey's, the strength department is pretty much the only thing Wesker is below Spidey in, and even then, being a 4-tonner is nearly half of Spidey's strength.

Shrike is more than twice as strong as Wesker, equal in speed, and his claws can cut through anything. This cat and mouse strategy can only last so long - not to mention it's hard to imagine that thought even coming to Wesker's mind. Out of everyone, like, ever, he's probably the biggest jobber there is. He's not gonna think "Hmm, a worthy opponent! This one might be dangerous, best to play it smart."

No, he's never thought that. What goes through his mind is probably gonna be "lol n00bs gun git pwned bah mah godness".

"There will be no need to fight strategically," thought Wesker, "I am a god, I am above this weakling. Cobra Strike GOOOO!"

If anything, he'll wait for Shrike to throw the first move, then, using his superior fighting skills, will attempt a counter. The second he grasps his enemies hand however, he will be shocked to find the tremendous force behind it. Wesker isn't used to someone outclassing him in strength, that's his schtick. The split second of self doubt that crosses his mind, will be more then enough time for Shrike to push the advantage.

And that's still only IF Wesker ever engages Shrike at all, which like I said, would be out of character. He WILL hang back and watch as his teamates fight, he will get a feel for the enemies capabilities, then, when the time is right (AKA his teamates are dead so there is no one left to protect him), he will fight. But by then, it will be to late.

Jack Krauser, HUNK, Ada Wong, and Jill Valentine are all people Wesker sent out to do the dirty work. They all failed, hell send Excella out with some Uroborous, she might be able to clean up.

Only when directly confronted at the end of RE5, when there was no where else left to run (Sheva even says this) did Wesker actively fight.

CLOSING COMMENTS

Wesker will hang back, much like he ALWAYS does in the games, making this a 4 on 3. Wolverine and Sabes go off and duke it out amongs themselves, and with each having a capable healing factor, and Creed's own leniance towards playing around with the runt, this will last awhile, making it a 3 on 2. Cap, Gorgon, and Shrike, all at the same time, will most certainly overwhelm Snake Eyes and Fett. There will be some damage taken, I'll go ahead and admit, Cap might even be taken out, but the end result will be Wesker VS at least two superior opponents. Wesker, all by his lonesome, can't defeat both Shrike and Gorgon at the same time, weakened as they may be. Wesker is out. Gorgon and Shrike meanwhile, are in a complete frenzy thanks to all this fresh blood. Eventually, Sabes will show up again, only to be double teamed by our guys.

COMMENCE VOTING