• 159 results
JediWaffles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By JediWaffles

The zombie virus has spread throughout Manhattan. S.H.I.E.L.D. has managed to keep the virus in Manhattan but the only cures out there are in Manhattan in various S.H.I.E.L.D. laboratories. There will be four teams consisting of four superheroes(or villains) each that S.H.I.E.L.D. will send in. The zombies also have four teams consisting of four superheroes (or villains) each that have been infected.

Resistance's Objective: Fight through the zombie super team to retrieve the cures.

Zombie's Team: Eat Resistance teams.

Resistance Team:

:

BOBA FETT

Fett's classic blaster rifle (No disintegrations...... literally)

Blaster pistols

Flamethrower

Jetpack w/ missile (Will only be allowed to use the missile on it. No flight)

Concussion rocket launchers

Dart launcher

Concussion grenade launcher

Wrist blaster

Heat resistant Mandoalorian armor

Wrist cord

Thermal detonators

Sniper blaster

Retractable vibro-blades

Helmet w/ a gas filter and lots of vision modes

Mandalorian Duraplast Armor (capable of taking a missile fyi)

SNAKE-EYES

Katana

Combat knife

Ballistic Knife

Dual Uzis

5 frag grenades

2 flash grenades

ALBERT WESKER

Samurai Edge, S&W Magnum, 3 Flash grenades, 3 Incendiary grenades, syringe of Uroboros.

SABRETOOTH

Adamantium skeleton

Zombie Team

JediWaffles:

KAYVAAN SHRIKE

Raven's Talons, frag and krak grenades - 4 apiece, iron halo

GORGON

Godkiller, TP device

:

CAPTAIN AMERICA

Vibranium shield, 9mm pistol, 5 frags

WOLVERINE

Adamantium claws, Bren light machine gun, flashbang

Location: City Area, as specified in the original Tourney post. 100 yards apart.

Strider1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 10

#2  Edited By Strider1992

This will be interesting when it starts.

Fetts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Fetts
@JediWaffles: Just remember you can't use Gorgon's stone stare. 

nickzambuto already gave me his characters.  

CAPTAIN AMERICA

Equipment-

Vibranium shield

9mm pistol

5 frag grenades

WOLVERINE

Equipment-

Adamantium claws

Bren Light Machinegun

flash bang grenade 

I already stated my equipment 

Boba Fett (EU) 
Equipment:

Fett's classic blaster rifle (No disintegrations...... literally)

Blaster pistols

Flamethrower

Jetpack w/ missile (Will only be allowed to use the missile on it. No flight)

Concussion rocket launchers

Dart launcher

Concussion grenade launcher

Wrist blaster

Heat resistant Mandoalorian armor

Wrist cord

Thermal detonators

Sniper blaster

Retractable vibro-blades

Helmet w/ a gas filter and lots of vision modes

Mandalorian Duraplast Armor (capable of taking a missile fyi) 

Snake-Eyes 
Equipment:

Katana 

Combat knife

Ballistic Knife

Dual Uzis

5 frag grenades

2 flash grenades

progenitor also PM'd me his equipment. 
Wesker: 
  Samurai Edge, S&W Magnum, 3 Flash grenades, 3 Incendiary grenades, syringe of Uroboros. 

Sabretooth's bones are laced with adamantium. Other than that he has no equipment.
Strider1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Strider1992

@Fetts: Damn! Boba's got a lot of stuff xD

JediWaffles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By JediWaffles

@Fetts: OP is edited. Since my partner's not online, i'll leave it up to you to open this debate up. :D

renamed040924

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By renamed040924
progenitorigin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#7  Edited By progenitorigin

@nickzambuto said:

More like..

No Caption Provided
Strider1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Strider1992

@progenitor: Caps looking sharp in that pic.

Fetts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Fetts
@Strider92: You bet :) 

Still talking things over with my bro here. But don't worry. We'll own you soon enough :)
renamed040924

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By renamed040924

@Fetts said:

@Strider92: You bet :) Still talking things over with my bro here. But don't worry. We'll own you soon enough :)

Psshh, we don't even need prep time (talk things over). We'll take you down improv.

Fetts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Fetts
@nickzambuto: Just trying to find the best matchups to own you the hardest we can. But have no fears. Your defeat is inevitable. :)
Strider1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Strider1992

@Fetts said:

@nickzambuto: Just trying to find the best matchups to own you the hardest we can. But have no fears. Your defeat is inevitable. :)

Yeah but if you kill Kayvaan do you realize how annoyed the rest of the Dark Angels are gonna be? I wouldn't like to be you when the Imperium Of Man comes looking for revenge xD

Fetts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Fetts
@Strider92: Lol. I'm sure Wesker could bribe them with free Old Uroboros. 

Strider1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Strider1992

@Fetts: They do like to smell nice. Hmmm you'll need a lot of it to bribe your way out though.

Fetts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Fetts
@Strider92: Maybe we could bribe them with Old Uroboros and sing a quartet song. Wait! But Snake-Eyes wouldn't break his vow of silence! Dammit! 

Volunteers? Any one? 
beatboks1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 6

#16  Edited By beatboks1

@Fetts: Hey man, you never answered me on the set up thread. Do I still get Vic's ability to look like someone else or is that gone with invisbility. If you look to my and livinhorror's thread you'll see what I mean. I can see why you might take it away, but I'd argue that resistance team members would be at least a little guarded against their team mates just in case they get bitten. So it might let me get close but wouldn't per se be a game breaker.

Fetts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Fetts
@beatboks1: I could of sworn I already did approve of it.
beatboks1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 6

#18  Edited By beatboks1

@Fetts said:

@beatboks1: I could of sworn I already did approve of it.

Cool, I probably missed it. Just thought I'd check to be fair.

Strider1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Strider1992

@Fetts: Well as long as you manage to stay away from the Khorne Berzerkers you should be ok those guys don't like anything especially singing:

Fetts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Fetts
@Strider92: What if Boba Fett payed Betty White to date each of them? Who could possibly dislike that?
Strider1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Strider1992

@Fetts: I doubt that. They kill their own men when their bored. Betty White would last until they get bored (which happens a lot). If you could get them enough skulls to appease their god they might leave you alone. Thats only if Kharn The Betrayer is even in a partly sane frame of mind (which doesn't happen often). I think you can trust him though its not like he has Betrayer in his name or anything! I mean c'mon he looks legit!!:

I'm sure he's cute and cuddly inside!

Fetts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Fetts
@Strider92: I find it hard to believe that anybody could possibly ever be bored with Betty White. :)
Strider1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Strider1992

@Fetts: They will find a way unfortunately. T.T

Fetts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Fetts
@Strider92: What about Old Uroboros, a quartet song, Betty White, and a lifetime supply of Bud Light and twinkies?
Strider1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Strider1992

@Fetts: Throw in the skulls and you got a deal. Twinkies are a nice touch!

Fetts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Fetts
@Strider92: Indeed they are. Would they mind if one of those skulls was Justin Bieber's?
Strider1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Strider1992

@Fetts: They'd probably let you become an honorary Berzerker if you managed to pull that off.

Fetts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Fetts
@Strider92: Sweet!!!!!!!!!
JediWaffles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By JediWaffles

Kick this debate off whenever you feel like losing already! ;)

UNIQUE69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By UNIQUE69

Jediwaffles

JediWaffles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By JediWaffles

So i'll start this thing off. Strategy for the zombie side is fairly one-sided. Rush the opponent, guns ablazing, and go for the K.O.

My guys Kayvaan and Gorgon are both renowned for speed. They both have the capability to blitz the enemies' defenses, using their melee weapons to cut through any resistance. Our setting is the middle of a city, amidst a busy intersection. This provides tons of easy cover opportunities for the duo as they make their way to the enemy. Snake-eyes and Wesker hold the potential to slow them down, but Sabretooth and Fett don't have a chance. Gorgon makes mincemeat of Wolverine on a regular basis, so Sabretooth turns into kitty litter. Fett follows in his father's footsteps. After that, a 4 on 2 is a walk in the park. I'll leave my partner to follow-up with his own strategy and planning.

progenitorigin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By progenitorigin

Despite the vast combined speed of both Kayvaan Shrike and Tomi Shishido, both have a fairly noticeable handicap in this situation--however, that's for later on. ;) Albert Wesker, who's gone up against B.O.W.'s with fearsome speed before, such as the Tyrant base and Umbrella enforcer, Sergei Vladimir. While most of our characters would have little to no disregard for the other, one advantage to Wesker is that he's dealt with the living dead on more than one occasion, the expert virologist having gone as far as to help develop and experiment viral components which having made them before, the rate of decomposition and any soft tissue vulnerability would be quickly taken into consideration, after curiously regarding each of the 4 opposition going in for the bull-rush, Wesker would easily be able to outmaneuver such a direct assault by using the urban city environment to his favor, leaping from abandoned rooftop of car to car to bide time, Wesker would most likely turn focus to one of the big dogs: Kayvaan Shrike. Unholstering the Samurai Edge sidearm, curious to test any weak points in the power armor as round after round would punch against Shrike's Raven Guard armor, meanwhile, having enough intellect to know to stay on his toes, keeping a relative distance while drawing Shrike's attention to himself intentionally to start things off.

Meanwhile, without a shadow of a doubt, once Sabretooth finds the runt, i'm almost entirely sure that Creed would turn his focus onto Howlett, especially considering their complex history. Creed has proven enough of a fight for Wolverine even without his adamantium upgrade, however, with the adamantium upgrade, Creed would have an advantage over Wolverine, in both strength and a slight advantage in speed, Wolverine has even admitted there being a difference in Creed's fighting prowess with the adamantium upgrade.

No Caption Provided
Strider1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Strider1992

@progenitor: Glad to see someone started the debate.

You may have to check with Fetts but I believe Kayvaan's armor was taken away because it gives to much durability (Power armor can tank an insane amount of damage) to a guy who already has a Wolverine like healing factor. I believe he has the Iron Halo instead of his power armor. You'll have to double check this with Waffles or Fetts though. Good luck with the debate :p

renamed040924

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By renamed040924

No one's denying that Sabretooth is more than a match for Logan if he has adamantium, that's definately an advantage for him.

But the thing is, Wolverine isn't without his own advantages as well.

It usually goes like this.

Bone claw Wolverine<Bone claw Sabretooth<Adamantium Wolverine<Adamantium Sabretooth. Am I wrong?

But this is neither bone claw Wolverine nor Adamantium - this is zombie Wolverine. To quote Fetts, "Zombies will be a bit tougher than normally".

If regular Wolverine can give Victor a good fight, his zombie enhancements will most certainly even the odds, maybe even give Logan the advantage with his now superior durability. But even NOW, there is still yet another advantage held in Wolverine's favor. That being, Creed is relatively naked, while his opponent is armed with a machinegun, and flash bang grenades.

We've all seen how effectively Wolverine can use both these weapons in his fight with Alexander Anderson, and I doubt Creed's advanced senses will take very kindly to a flash bang grenade. It'll go something like this:

In this apocolyptic city, doomed to a state of eternal undeath, the warriors known as James Howlett and Victor Creed meet for a most glorious battle. Sniffing each other out among the wreckage, the bitter enemies brace for combat.

Sabretooth, true to his name, gets down on all fours and darts towards his foe. But the Wolverine is ready, clutching a flash bang grenade, and pitching it as far as he can throw.

The blue bomb meets it's target, impacting at Victor's feet, unleashing an explosion of sound and light. Creed's already heightened senses are overloaded, and he grips his head and clamps his eyes in an effort to shut it all out.

He can still hear, but nothing can be made out. It's all empty noise. But all becomes clear when he feels the 6 inch long razor sharp claws of his opponent pierce his stomach.

Ripping up his insides, Wolverine can almost grin at the sight before him. That is, until he feels the impact of Sabretooth's fist knock him back 10 feet.

Standing as fast as his brain can process the mauever, Wolverine wastes no time in whipping out his Bren light machine gun, and pressing that trigger down with a fury.

The bullets pierce Creed's skin, and he let's out a growl of frustration as pain flares up inside him yet again.

Raging onward, Creed is not ready for the boot which suddenly juts up into his face, courtesy of his opponent.

The gunfire has halted, and Victor, no longer distracted, fights on. The duo lock fists, each pushing for the advantage. Neither can gain a foothold, they are complete equals - physically speaking.

Mentally there is a large gap, a huge, gaping hold inside Logan's mind. The hunger. The terrible, aching, infuriating hunger. He cannot resist it's temptations. And so, with a guttoral roar of fury, he bites down on Creed's neck.

The sudden shock is enough to distract Victor, let alone the pain. And that's when Logan gains the upperhand, pushing on with all his strength, every ounce of his being pushing Creed to the ground, all the while he continues to knaw at Victor's neck.

Mmm.

At that moment, at the sudden taste of fresh meat upon his lips, Wolverine loses all remnents of sanity he managed to hold onto. Bursting into a primal rage, he gnashes away at Sabretooth's neck, holding him down with all his strength, courtesy of the massive adrenaline boost gained from his new mental state.

Infection races throughout Creed's body, and as the final breaths of life vanish from his lungs, he can only make out one final thought before his demise.

"I'll see you in the next life Jimmy, for a proper rematch."

progenitorigin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By progenitorigin

@Strider92 said:

@progenitor: Glad to see someone started the debate.

You may have to check with Fetts but I believe Kayvaan's armor was taken away because it gives to much durability (Power armor can tank an insane amount of damage) to a guy who already has a Wolverine like healing factor. I believe he has the Iron Halo instead of his power armor. You'll have to double check this with Waffles or Fetts though. Good luck with the debate :p

Thanks friend, i'll check in with that, but it makes more sense than rocking the heavy armor, I was wondering about that. XD

Strider1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Strider1992

@progenitor: Yeah giving someone who already has a Wolverine-like healing factor armor that has resisted anti-tank lasers is pretty much overkill lol.

Fetts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Fetts
@nickzambuto: The rules state that if somebody on the Resistance's team is bitten, the effects of the zombie virus will not be immediate and will remain on the Resistance's side. Also, I seem to recall it being Adamantium Sabretooth>Feral Sabretooth>Adamantium Wolverine>Feral Wolverine. But that's for progenitor to debate so I'm going to try not to butt in.

As progenitor already stated, Wesker would deal with Kayvaan and should due a pretty good job of it. And I do indeed believe that I said no power armor. Sorry for the confusion.  

That would leave Gorgon with Snake-Eyes. Snake-Eyes is actually quite fast himself. 

Here he chases a guy down on a motorcycle. 
Here he chases a guy down on a motorcycle. 

Practically blitzes a squad of troops from about 20 ft. 
Practically blitzes a squad of troops from about 20 ft. 

Turns around and closes the gap of like 5-10 ft. before the guy can pull the trigger 
Turns around and closes the gap of like 5-10 ft. before the guy can pull the trigger 

So I'm pretty sure he could tangle with Gorgon. Plus I don't really recall Gorgon being that much of a speedster anyways. And I know Gorgon has tagged a speedster before. But I highly doubt Slingshot is as nearly as disciplined, trained, agile, or skilled as Snake-Eyes in terms of combat. Not to mention Gorgon's reflexes might be a tad tainted due to the zombie virus.

Like Gorgon, Snake-Eyes has dodged and blocked bullets. 
No Caption Provided

Obviously not a bullet. But impressive nonetheless 
Obviously not a bullet. But impressive nonetheless 

I could swear there were more feats of him dodging and blocking bullets but I can't seem to find them right now.

And I'm sorry but I just have to post these scan here. 
No Caption Provided
 Completely f*%^s Starscream up
 Completely f*%^s Starscream up

I have more feats of him that are currently not scanned that I might post later if need be. 

That leaves us with Boba Fett and Captain America. Boba Fett will obviously resort to his weapons as he always does. If he starts shooting with his blaster and a couple of explosives he'll find that there is no possible way he's going to get through that shield. Now each teams starts 100 yards away from each other. That gives Boba more than enough time to figure out a new strategy. So what does he do? He shoots explosives right next to Cap. And the explosives he shoots are not your typical RPGs. These explosives are likely to kill him and probably even effect other members of Team Zombies. 

No Caption Provided

Blows up a gigantic droid 
Blows up a gigantic droid 

No Caption Provided

Blows up half a fortress 
Blows up half a fortress 

Blows up a doorway. Doesn't sound that impressive but the blast does look impressive 
Blows up a doorway. Doesn't sound that impressive but the blast does look impressive 

Not to mention, chances are high for there to be a good amount of cars which Boba can simply blow up when Cap is by one. Not that that will be necessary because he'd probably be dead already. But i just thought I'd like to throw that out there.
progenitorigin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By progenitorigin

--While the zombies were said to be a bit physically tougher, they were also said to be mentally less so, so while I wouldn't exactly call being zombified an upgrade, it would mean soaking more physical damage. Meaning, Logan would most likely be fighting more feral than he would with his smarts, which would be exactly what he wouldn't want to do against the ol' King o' Mean, Victor Creed, considering that's a game he's mastered over the decades, even more so with the adamantium upgrade, as shown above with Creed easily avoiding Wolverine's slash in the scan while laying into him with slashes using his own adamantium claws, which is most likely how this confrontation would end, with Wolverine trying to trade blow for blow with Sabretooth, which would end with Logan being tossed through building-to-building just as he would be just about ready to sink his teeth into Creed's skin, being met with yet another haymaker to send him head over heels.

With the light machine gun, the bullets would most likely only pepper against Creed, bouncing off the skeleton while he grins right back in result, which is exactly what happened when Deadpool attempted to shoot him up.

No Caption Provided
renamed040924

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By renamed040924

The rules state that if somebody on the Resistance's team is bitten, the effects of the zombie virus will not be immediate and will remain on the Resistance's side.

But I never said Sabretooth succombed. Just that he fell unconscious, and alluded to the possibility of him turning later on. ("I'll see you in the next life Jimmy, for a proper rematch.")

Also, I seem to recall it being Adamantium Sabretooth>Feral Sabretooth>Adamantium Wolverine>Feral Wolverine.

Sabretooth tends to win the "untold" fights while Wolverine wins in the comic book story fights. I mean, how many times has Wolverine killed or nearly killed Sabretooth? I can remember the Wolverine putting a claw into Creeds head just before AoA, Creed's head being cut off in Loeb's story, that Austin (I think) story drawn by Pacheco where Wolverine supposedly kills Sabes, the Apocalypse fight where Wolverine won back his adamantium, etc.

That would leave Gorgon with Snake-Eyes. Snake-Eyes is actually quite fast himself.

Most of those scans are debatable, none of them are quite clear as to just what is going on.

Not to discredit you, but all that scan shows is Snake-Eyes yanking the dude off a motorcycle. It doesn't show where he came from. He could of just popped out of an alley, the guy could of just drove by him and Snake-Eyes leaped, the above part with him riding was cut off, but from what I see, Snake-Eyes is no where to be found following. From what is displayed (Snake-Eyes not being present and chasing while the guy is driving), it looks to me more like he just popped out and grabbed him.

This to, is hardly blitzing. Smoke is taking over the room, the bad guys can't see anything, giving Snake-Eyes plenty of time to take them all down. It doesn't seem very impressive to me.

Not to mention Gorgon's reflexes might be a tad tainted due to the zombie virus.

If anything, they'd be increased. YOU as the OP said the virus enhances them physically, but hinders them mentally, and left it at that. Reflexes are a physical attribute.

Psshh, Cap did the same thing in New Avengers/Transformers. (It wasn't Starscream but you get my point).

He shoots explosives right next to Cap. And the explosives he shoots are not your typical RPGs. These explosives are likely to kill him and probably even effect other members of Team Zombies.

Not even zombie-Cap is just gonna charge in like an idiot. Even if these guys are running off pure instinct, Cap has been in so many fights, so many wars, orchestrated so many complicated battlefield strategies, fighting smart IS instinct for him.

Logan would most likely be fighting more feral than he would with his smarts,

Pressing a gun trigger isn't neccesarily "smarts", he won't be conducting any multi-step battlefield improv operations, but he can figure out shooting a gun is a good idea.

With the light machine gun, the bullets would most likely only pepper against Creed, bouncing off the skeleton while he grins right back in result, which is exactly what happened when Deadpool attempted to shoot him up.

This is a Bren light machine gun. Lookit dat beauty.

Helluva lot more impressive (and bigger) then Deadpool's little airsoft gun.

It's not going to KO Creed, but distract an already enraged and disoriented (flash bang grenade) Creed? I think it can do the job. I doubt even he can shrug off a bullet going through his eye, or another part of him unprotected by bone (directly through the stomach into the intestines for example; that's a pretty big bullseye to hit).

Now for Cap.

He kicked this fatass all the way to Tim-buk-too - no, actually he punched him there.

A single punch from Cap sends this jolly dude soaring. And by jolly dude, I mean superhumanly strong Kree who weighs twice as much as Fett.

Busts up the Rhino, a dude who gives Spider-Man trouble. And all he has to show for it is huff and a pant.

Jumps 10 feet in the air off a truck, flips just for the f*ck of it, then drop kicks that sorry dude.

He fends off a bunch of angry prisoners WHILE defending them from machine gun fire. Then, while all this crap is going on, he throws his mighty shield with pinpoint accuracy, takes them all out, weaves through the stray gunfire, then saves Mosley.

While being tentacle raped, he manages to toss his shield with his FEET.

Jumping 10 feet in the air is impressive. Jumping 10 feet in the air with this dude tied to his back the whole time, in effect hefting an extra 500 pounds?

It's not like he even jumped really, he just threw his legs and the force exerted from that was enough to launch him.

Then, of course, he decides he's shown off enough and rips that b*tch right off.

He's fast enough to get the drop on a Cosmic Cube powered Red Skull.

renamed040924

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By renamed040924

JediWaffles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By JediWaffles
Unholstering the Samurai Edge sidearm, curious to test any weak points in the power armor as round after round would punch against Shrike's Raven Guard armor, meanwhile, having enough intellect to know to stay on his toes, keeping a relative distance while drawing Shrike's attention to himself intentionally to start things off.

Kayvaan doesn't have his power armour but he DOES have his iron halo. This provides a small force field around Kayvaan that deflects all incoming projectiles, such as bullets. Thus, ranged combat is innefective. All the while Wesker is firing multiple rounds at Kayvaan, he closes in for the kill. By the time Wesker realizes shooting is ineffective, Kayvaan should be close enough to strike. I'm not quite sure what Wesker is capable of, but i doubt it can stand to Kayvaan's might. Physically, Kayvaan is strong enough to knock someone's head off. With his finger. Without meaning to. Throw in a bunch of claws that cut through anything, Wesker is toast. One might argue that as a zombie, Kayvaan can't have any tactical assault, or anything that involves strategy. This is neither, but simply a bull-rush to someone who as previously mentioned, is

drawing Shrike's attention to himself intentionally to start things off.

Shrike has had more than a century of war-experience, so melee combat has become instinctual for him. While all the other characters are busy engaging each other, Shrike takes down Wesker, and chows down on him for a bit before moving on to the next target. For a gauge of Shrike's strength, here's an excerpt from The Space Wolf Omnibus.

Slowly at first, with an awful grinding sound, the hatch began to come away from its hinges. Ceramite buckled under the terrible strength of the Space Wolf. Ragnar almost overbalanced as the hatch cover came free in his hands.

This details a Space Marine captain, who is probably around the same strength level as Shrike, who tears off the top hatch of a Predator. These things, mind you, were built to withstand large grade missiles, and lasers, and a lot of other stuff thrown at em. This hatch was meant to be bolted down and opened ONLY from the inside. Being able to rip one off... Well, that requires quite a bit of strength. To be fair, the captain had his armour on, which increases a Marine's strength. Still, it is an impressive display, at the very least, and shows what a Marine is capable of.

So I'm pretty sure he could tangle with Gorgon. Plus I don't really recall Gorgon being that much of a speedster anyways. And I know Gorgon has tagged a speedster before. But I highly doubt Slingshot is as nearly as disciplined, trained, agile, or skilled as Snake-Eyes in terms of combat. Not to mention Gorgon's reflexes might be a tad tainted due to the zombie virus.

If anything, based on feats, i'd put Gorgon's reflexes and agility above Snake-eye's.

No Caption Provided

Anyway, Gorgon is standing about 10 feet from the dude who fires three bullets at him. Without breakin a sweat, Gorgon slices the bullets cleanly. This feat in itself makes the ones of Snake-eyes seem like a walk in the park. Also, Gorgon has incredible durability feats as it is, being a zombie only amplifies them. As they duel, Gorgon will inevitably take hits, but so will Snake-eyes. Snake-eyes can't withstand a couple of hits from a sword named the freaking Godkiller, while Tomi easily shrugs off any hits he might take. It's bound to be a badass duel, but Gorgon comes out on top. After eliminating both their opponents, Shrike and Gorgon, the smell of fresh meat in the air, advance to the remainin opposition. The rest, as they say, is history.

Strider1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Strider1992

@JediWaffles said:

Kayvaan doesn't have his power armour but he DOES have his iron halo. This provides a small force field around Kayvaan that deflects all incoming projectiles, such as bullets.

Thought i'd throw in that an Iron Halo is a bit more powerful than that:

The Iron Halo emits a very strong gravitic Conversion Field around its bearer. It provides its wearer with immense resilience to even the most potent weapons on the battlefield such as Lascannons and missiles of all varieties. The shield stands a good chance of deflecting many deadly projectiles that would slay a Space Marine without an Iron Halo with ease.

(Space Marine Codex 5th edition)

JediWaffles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By JediWaffles

@Strider92: Nooooo i was saving that for a possible rebuttal. :( Oh well, at least they know what they're up against. Melee combat, anyone?

Strider1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By Strider1992

@JediWaffles: Well to be fair it does also says that it(missed this part when I was reading lol):

Reinforces the power armor to give that kind of defense so as Shrike doesn't have armor on him it stands to reason that the Iron Halo wouldn't be giving that type of defense. It is still past bullets though but maybe not out of the Op's rules. Boba Fett could probably penetrate it with his rifle and missiles due to lack of power armor but normal bullets aren't getting through it unless you're willing to use up whole magazines of bullets.

JediWaffles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By JediWaffles

@Strider92: Yeah, i figured it wouldn't be as powerful. It obviously isn't deflecting a barrage of missiles, or the firepower Fett is carrying, but a bunch of rounds shouldn't be much of a problem.

renamed040924

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By renamed040924

Strider, with all do respect, as a tourney, only the contestants are allowed to debate. No matter how badly you want to point something out, or how much you just NEED to correct one of us, it's up to fetts and progs to do that.

Strider1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By Strider1992

@nickzambuto: Sorry mate, wasn't trying to correct mas merely trying to inform. I'll stay quiet from here on out.

Fetts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By Fetts
@nickzambuto said:

The rules state that if somebody on the Resistance's team is bitten, the effects of the zombie virus will not be immediate and will remain on the Resistance's side.

But I never said Sabretooth succombed. Just that he fell unconscious, and alluded to the possibility of him turning later on. ("I'll see you in the next life Jimmy, for a proper rematch.")

Also, I seem to recall it being Adamantium Sabretooth>Feral Sabretooth>Adamantium Wolverine>Feral Wolverine.

Sabretooth tends to win the "untold" fights while Wolverine wins in the comic book story fights. I mean, how many times has Wolverine killed or nearly killed Sabretooth? I can remember the Wolverine putting a claw into Creeds head just before AoA, Creed's head being cut off in Loeb's story, that Austin (I think) story drawn by Pacheco where Wolverine supposedly kills Sabes, the Apocalypse fight where Wolverine won back his adamantium, etc.

Most of those scans are debatable, none of them are quite clear as to just what is going on.

Ok. Fair enough. It's still impressive nonetheless. 

Though I do recall on the respect thread that I got that scan from clearly stating Snake-Eyes chasing him down. But I have no proof of that. 

This to, is hardly blitzing. Smoke is taking over the room, the bad guys can't see anything, giving Snake-Eyes plenty of time to take them all down. It doesn't seem very impressive to me.

In the first panel, you can see a shadowy figure. Which implies that you can still see. In the third panel, they can clearly see a shadowy figure pulling out a sword. Hence the "Wha?" and the guys about to take aim. 

Not to mention Gorgon's reflexes might be a tad tainted due to the zombie virus.

If anything, they'd be increased. YOU as the OP said the virus enhances them physically, but hinders them mentally, and left it at that. Reflexes are a physical attribute.

Since when did I ever say it enhances them physically? I have no recollection of saying this at all. Please do copy and paste.  

Plus, the reason why I said their reflexes might be tainted somewhat is because when somebody reacts it does include a small amount of intelligence. If normal Captain America saw a paper plane would he react and kick it as far away as he can? No. Because he has the intelligence to realize it's not a threat.  

Then again, now that I think about it, I never said the zombies were totally brainless... So I guess I'll just forget I ever said that bit. 

Psshh, Cap did the same thing in New Avengers/Transformers. (It wasn't Starscream but you get my point).

Wait. There was a New Avengers vs Transformers crossover? That's cool. Kind of want to read it now. 

But anyways, Cap's feat is irrelevant to the Snake-Eyes vs Gorgon match. Snake-Eyes is fighting Gorgon. Not Captain America. 

Not even zombie-Cap is just gonna charge in like an idiot. Even if these guys are running off pure instinct, Cap has been in so many fights, so many wars, orchestrated so many complicated battlefield strategies, fighting smart IS instinct for him.

Do realize that this wouldn't be Captain America from Marvel Zombies. This is a zombie Captain America who is almost brainless. The rules state that the zombies (and that means anybody who is in the zombie team) lose most of their intelligence. Fighting smart is exactly what Captain America ISN'T going to be doing. 

And all of those scans include close combat feats. Your assuming that Cap would get close. He wouldn't. And even if he did, it wouldn't matter. And I'll tell you why. 

The flaw I find with your team is that most of your team members rely on skill more than they do with their powers. And skill requires a good amount of intelligence. Where should I step? How could I block that move? How could I counter that move? How can I use the surroundings to my advantage? What body parts should I try to hit? What should be my next move? What move should I make afterwards if that one fails? What spot of my enemy's sword should I hit to have the most effect? These are all things people (or at least the pros) consider when in close combat. Gorgon's skill with a sword. Useless. Wolverine's skill with his claws. Useless. Captain America's skill with his shield. Useless. All of those scans (or at least most of them) of Captain America. Pointless. Their experience. Forgotten. Their training. Forgotten. JediWaffles knows this. Sure they can swing their weapons around with speed and agility but they won't really know what they're doing. 

jeanroygrant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By jeanroygrant

@Strider92 said:

This will be interesting when it starts.

JediWaffles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By JediWaffles
The flaw I find with your team is that most of your team members rely on skill more than they do with their powers. And skill requires a good amount of intelligence. Where should I step? How could I block that move? How could I counter that move? How can I use the surroundings to my advantage? What body parts should I try to hit? What should be my next move? What move should I make afterwards if that one fails? What spot of my enemy's sword should I hit to have the most effect? These are all things people (or at least the pros) consider when in close combat. Gorgon's skill with a sword. Useless. Wolverine's skill with his claws. Useless. Captain America's skill with his shield. Useless. All of those scans (or at least most of them) of Captain America. Pointless. Their experience. Forgotten. Their training. Forgotten. JediWaffles knows this. Sure they can swing their weapons around with speed and agility but they won't really know what they're doing.

See, here's the thing. Yes, certain skills require intelligence. However, with most of our characters, a lot of this skill has become second-nature to them. Zombies do lose intelligence, but they do retain instinct. Wolverine and Cap using their respective weapons (Claws/Shield) has become as much a part of them as, say throwing a punch. Same goes for Gorgon. They will inevitably use their weapons, in order to attain their goal, which is to feed on their enemies. You do have a point though where you say there is a lot of thinking going on in combat. True. A zombie of the caliber of our characters though, when it comes to fighting, don't think of all these little things anymore, because they're so used to it. I'm sure H2H abilities will be dampened, however. A zombie would forgo defense for offense, choosing to go for an all-out attack, rather than parry a blow. As i stated in my previous argument, this would prove more effective for my characters as they can take hits while you can't. Gorgon will undoubtedly use his sword, Cap his shield, and Logan his claws. But once an opening is seen, or a character is taken down, that's when the more feral aspect of their zombie nature kicks in, aka, bites, clawing, gouging, etc.