#1 Edited by morgrim (1029 posts) - - Show Bio

vs

jedi council: all members you see in the picture

TEam demigod; percy,anabeth,nico,thaila,jason,piper,hazel,leo,frank,clarisse,luke and reyna

all with standard equipment, and blood lusted but the jedi cant use force choke or mind trick and piper cant use charm speak

#2 Posted by joewell (6401 posts) - - Show Bio

bump

#3 Posted by morgrim (1029 posts) - - Show Bio

Any idea's on who'd win?

#4 Posted by joewell (6401 posts) - - Show Bio

no, i dont know much about star wars, im gonna wait to see what the others say

#5 Posted by jeanroygrant (20191 posts) - - Show Bio

BUMP.

#6 Posted by ShootingNova (17851 posts) - - Show Bio

Jedi Council stomp with ease. Yoda soloes.

#7 Posted by JediXMan (30709 posts) - - Show Bio

All I've seen of Percy is from the movie, and so based on that I say that the Council stomps.

#8 Posted by ShootingNova (17851 posts) - - Show Bio

To clarify on my last post, Yoda's strikes move far faster than any of the demigods can react. Yoda will be taking out a dozen of them, possibly more, without anybody reacting.

@JediXMan said:

All I've seen of Percy is from the movie, and so based on that I say that the Council stomps.

The movie was dreadful. Percy was much more powerful in the novels.

#9 Posted by Deranged Midget (17599 posts) - - Show Bio

@ShootingNova: I haven't read anything past the first novel and I thought the film was fine.

#10 Posted by jonEsherfey (443 posts) - - Show Bio

Jedi Council.

#11 Posted by morgrim (1029 posts) - - Show Bio

@ShootingNova: in cas u didnt know part of what marks a demi god is fast reaction speed so none of the council members are going to be soloing in this battle to be honest i see the scales 6/10 in the demigods favour

#12 Posted by morgrim (1029 posts) - - Show Bio

bump

#13 Posted by JediXMan (30709 posts) - - Show Bio

@ShootingNova said:

To clarify on my last post, Yoda's strikes move far faster than any of the demigods can react. Yoda will be taking out a dozen of them, possibly more, without anybody reacting.

@JediXMan said:

The movie was dreadful. Percy was much more powerful in the novels.

I saw it with somebody who had read the novel (I think). She kinda liked it, if memory serves. But that was quite some time ago.

@morgrim said:

@ShootingNova: in cas u didnt know part of what marks a demi god is fast reaction speed so none of the council members are going to be soloing in this battle to be honest i see the scales 6/10 in the demigods favour

Hm. I'm not going to pretend that I know anything about the Percy universe, so I'd like to hear an explanation before I call you out for not knowing about Star Wars.

#14 Posted by ShootingNova (17851 posts) - - Show Bio

@morgrim said:

Great. Then you can show me where are these "fast reaction speeds" from. I've read the series, and Percy & co. have been disoriented by scorpions. Plus, show me them reacting to near-relativistic levels of blade movement and then you can talk about this. The Jedi Council also have precognition and clairvoyance, to a greater extent than the Demigods do, especially Yoda, which a far greater precognition/clairvoyance.

@JediXMan: Well, they've shown to be barely hanging on things not even remotely near Yoda's saber strikes.

@Deranged Midget: Its opinion, I guess. Wasn't a fan of the film.

#15 Posted by JediXMan (30709 posts) - - Show Bio

@ShootingNova:

Got any specific feats? I'm curious.

#16 Posted by ShootingNova (17851 posts) - - Show Bio

@JediXMan: Losing to Scorpions, losing to Kampe, Percy was roughly near the level of Kronos that was being hosted by Luke and being held back by Luke's will, Percy beat Ares, Percy beat Hyperion (which I believe was the third most powerful Titan? {I'm a freak in real mythology but its been a while since I've taken a look at Riordan's works}) and Percy Jackson might have the Curse of Achilles, which is not standard, since it wasn't mentioned, but if it was, Percy would be immune to harm except for a spot on his back. There's others as well.

#17 Posted by JediXMan (30709 posts) - - Show Bio

@ShootingNova said:

@JediXMan: Losing to Scorpions, losing to Kampe, Percy was roughly near the level of Kronos that was being hosted by Luke and being held back by Luke's will, Percy beat Ares, Percy beat Hyperion (which I believe was the third most powerful Titan? {I'm a freak in real mythology but its been a while since I've taken a look at Riordan's works}) and Percy Jackson might have the Curse of Achilles, which is not standard, since it wasn't mentioned, but if it was, Percy would be immune to harm except for a spot on his back. There's others as well.

... quite honestly, man, most of that doesn't help me much since I have absolutely no idea what those guys can do.

#18 Posted by ShootingNova (17851 posts) - - Show Bio

@JediXMan: Most of them didn't even do anything. The Scorpions are featless. Kampe has defeated Tyson, I believe, and that's about it. Kronos has destroyed a bridge or something of the likes, and has shown time manipulation (though he didn't seem to use it much), and drains others' souls slowly when his scythe strikes them. Hyperion has no other feats apart from his battle with Percy.

#19 Posted by Deranged Midget (17599 posts) - - Show Bio

@ShootingNova: Not a big deal. What are your thoughts on the sequel?

#20 Posted by Hyperlight (5945 posts) - - Show Bio

to be honest.... out of sheer experience and the fact that everyone there is a master jedi ( on the council no less).. id give it to the jedi. I fee like most of those demigods arent even threats. then again.. dont know much about percy jackson

#21 Posted by morgrim (1029 posts) - - Show Bio

@ShootingNova: first of by scorpions do u mean the mechanical spiders from the first book just to let u know they never lost to them because they never fought them y because the spiders were meant to harm and humiliate ares a god and with them being inexperienced as they were in the first book they were afraid of what it would do to demigods . secondly kampe was a giant monster whos body was covered with and secreted deadly poison hence they couldnt find at the time a conventional way of fighting it so they ran and in the end she was killed anyways.also just to let u know in percy jackson they prefered to fight hand to hand so thats why u didnt see gods just turning percy and co into frogs or such it wasnt honourable hence y most of their feats are battle feats which i will list in my next comment

#22 Posted by morgrim (1029 posts) - - Show Bio

@JediXMan: well feat wise the demigods are capable of deflecting bullets and shooting arrows with pinpoint effiecientcy also their minds are hard wired for battle so their bodies often times can react with them fulling thinking about it also in the demigod team there are people with powers such as fire lightening and wind water and earth power over the dead so i think that they would be able to hold their own against the force and the jedi council

#23 Posted by ShootingNova (17851 posts) - - Show Bio

@morgrim: I never said anything from the first book. I meant from the fourth book, Percy and Annabeth were losing their nerve.

@morgrim said:

@JediXMan: well feat wise the demigods are capable of deflecting bullets and shooting arrows with pinpoint effiecientcy also their minds are hard wired for battle so their bodies often times can react with them fulling thinking about it also in the demigod team there are people with powers such as fire lightening and wind water and earth power over the dead so i think that they would be able to hold their own against the force and the jedi council

And I love how your elemental power mention only comes in certain, desperate situations. They can swordfight at best, but have failed to react to far less than Yoda's saber strikes. They are incapable of reacting. They die.

#24 Posted by ShootingNova (17851 posts) - - Show Bio

@Deranged Midget: Which sequel?

#25 Posted by Deranged Midget (17599 posts) - - Show Bio
#26 Posted by morgrim (1029 posts) - - Show Bio

@ShootingNova: first off their elemental power is actually quite constant percy uses it very frequently to fight opponents or survive thalia dosent use it as frequently but her lightening lance compensates nico also uses his powers semi frequent as well as leo and frank who can shape shift and hazel also used her powers often so i dont know why u would think they dont use their elemental abilites frequently when they do even when not pressured oh and btw if they can block bullets im sure they can block yodas strikes so no dice

#27 Posted by ShootingNova (17851 posts) - - Show Bio

@Deranged Midget: Oh, that.

@morgrim said:

@ShootingNova: first off their elemental power is actually quite constant percy uses it very frequently to fight opponents or survive thalia dosent use it as frequently but her lightening lance compensates nico also uses his powers semi frequent as well as leo and frank who can shape shift and hazel also used her powers often so i dont know why u would think they dont use their elemental abilites frequently when they do even when not pressured oh and btw if they can block bullets im sure they can block yodas strikes so no dice

They aren't blocking a saber, unless by Celestial Bronze. But Yoda can easily strike their body parts and they die there. They also can't react. Blocking bullets is nowhere near sufficient to block a lightsaber, your logic is flawed.

If this is from Heroes of Olympus, then I haven't read it.

#28 Posted by samuel_larson_10 (283 posts) - - Show Bio

Council stomps, they are far more agile, their weapons and reflexes are far too great, unless Percy's in the water, then there is a chance

#29 Posted by morgrim (1029 posts) - - Show Bio

@ShootingNova: u claim yoda can easily strike their body parts however u would find that the reflexes of people trained to fight GODS,TITANS,and GIANT MONSTERS would be more than sufficient to react to the jedi's attacks

@samuel_larson_10: the demigods weapons are capable of matching the lightsabers and their reflexes are just as good

#30 Posted by KingAres109 (1273 posts) - - Show Bio

If were going by the comics Star Wars or novels then its a curbstomp in the Jedi favor.I heard they do some crazy stuff aslong as its not the movie.

#31 Posted by ShootingNova (17851 posts) - - Show Bio

@KingAres109 said:

If were going by the comics Star Wars or novels then its a curbstomp in the Jedi favor.I heard they do some crazy stuff aslong as its not the movie.

Yes, that's true. LOL.

@morgrim said:

@ShootingNova: u claim yoda can easily strike their body parts however u would find that the reflexes of people trained to fight GODS,TITANS,and GIANT MONSTERS would be more than sufficient to react to the jedi's attacks

@samuel_larson_10: the demigods weapons are capable of matching the lightsabers and their reflexes are just as good

Umm.... and? It doesn't matter if they fight monsters, gods and Titans. I'm asking you to prove (since you bumped this thread pointlessly) that they can react to strikes moving at speeds that cover a significant fraction of the speed of light. Which you have failed to do.

#32 Posted by Vouile (678 posts) - - Show Bio

The Jedi Council