• 87 results
Avatar image for victoriagrey_2010
VictoriaGrey_2010

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

lol, of course she is, lol, Emma Frost is an extremly powerful telephath aswell, but the fact is Jean Grey is better.  
But this blog is not about Emma and Jean, it is about Jean vs Xavier :)
BMEZY

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#52  Edited By BMEZY

it has been referenced throughout x-men history that jean has always been the superior psi.... she was always more powerful than pro x when it comes to natural psi ability and raw power.. however he stomps her when it comes to skill and experience, which would make all the difference when it comes to psionics

jeanroygrant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53  Edited By jeanroygrant

@King Saturn said:

Professor X maybe able to handle Jean
Godabed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54  Edited By Godabed

I don't know, I think Jean minus the phoenix and Charles in his prime were equals. Charles telepathic feats are a lot better. And Emma I don't think has ever done anything telepathically that would put her on Charle's level.  But he has taught and honed both Jean, and Emma's telepathic skills.  And he also knows their weaknesses.  I'd love to see Emma go up against Exodus in his prime, and completely mindrape him, with a bullet in her head like charles did.  She couldn't. Or beat Shadowking when he was essentially a god, Charles has had some epic telepathic battles. Even though he lost to Nate Grey when he came to 616, he put up a good fight.  There was no way he could beat him.

Now Jean is pretty powerful, but it's hard to separate her from the phoenix in a lot of ways, even when the phoenix force supposedly left her, which it never really did.

Avatar image for phoenixofthetides
PhoenixoftheTides

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Jean Grey. Hands down. She has the creativity, higher potential and more diverse range of telepathy feats. She has come a long way since the Phoenix saga, with or without the PF.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By 8765309
@Godabed said:

I don't know, I think Jean minus the phoenix and Charles in his prime were equals. Charles telepathic feats are a lot better. And Emma I don't think has ever done anything telepathically that would put her on Charle's level.  But he has taught and honed both Jean, and Emma's telepathic skills.  And he also knows their weaknesses.  I'd love to see Emma go up against Exodus in his prime, and completely mindrape him, with a bullet in her head like charles did.  She couldn't. Or beat Shadowking when he was essentially a god, Charles has had some epic telepathic battles. Even though he lost to Nate Grey when he came to 616, he put up a good fight.  There was no way he could beat him. Now Jean is pretty powerful, but it's hard to separate her from the phoenix in a lot of ways, even when the phoenix force supposedly left her, which it never really did.

I'm willing to say Charles was jeans superior. I mean thats without PF of course.  His feats are overwhelmingly better than jeans. Jean is nothing but raw power, which is the usual for a Grey. But Xavier is about technique, precision, experience. It's how emma beat Rachel Summers, it's how Charles will beat Jean. Charles had help from jean when he battled Dark Phoenix in a sense. She (jean) held the Phoenix powers back. She weakened it. But it was still Charles who battled the entity on all planes of existence on his power, not jeans. Oddly enough, Charles was also a host for the phoenix force. And he didn't burn out like the cuckoos or emma frost. Which makes me wonder why he isn't considered an Omega Level mutant. They say it's potential, but the only potential I've seen from Jean grey is to die over and over again. Jean lost to Sinister in tp battle. But Charles destroyed him even when it was literally in his DNA to lose. Jean didn't help Charles against Goddess, during Infinity Crusade. She was too busy being mind raped. Also Nate didnt beat Charles. Charles didnt even try fighting him. Xavier went after charles with everything he had and charles knocked him away with one PSI attack. He pretended to be dead just to avoid fighting him, because he didn't want to endanger civilians.  He also beat Sinister who beat Nate 3 times.
BMEZY

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By BMEZY

@8765309: charles admited that if it weren't for jean helping him, he would have died

njones5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By njones5

jean would win this fight because she was considered equal to xavier when she only used telepathy he needed jeans help to defeat dark phoenix and jean holded the power of the phoenix back so the phoenix would not melt xavier and the rest of the xmen also xavier said he could not have won without jean.professor x has more expirience but jean is still more powerful! behold! the most powerful telepath in the universe!

TheLeader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#59  Edited By TheLeader

@Morpheus_ said:

@Son Of Storm said:
" Professor X. HE knows Jean's mind and even when she was phoenix he was able 2 handle her. Normal Jean cannot stand against the might of the greatest telepath on earth. "
Are you referring to the Dark Phoenix incident? Jean's side of the Phoenix assisted him in the mental struggle, in order to keep the DP in check. I doubt he could have done it on his own.

This is well said.

HBKTimHBK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By HBKTimHBK

I'll say Jean

njones5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@son_of_storm:

well actually were talking about normals right now hes not powered by it in this battle pay attention

comic_book_fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Xavier wins.

njones5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@8765309: ok that does not even make sense you just said she helped him then you said she did not he would never be able to beat phoenix without her jean for the win

Carter_esque

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Been done, Jean wins

comic_book_fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By comic_book_fan

@carter_esque:

like hell what makes you think jean alone no phoenix can beat Charles .

she had the potential but never lived long enough to achieve it without the aid of phoenix.

Carter_esque

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@carter_esque:

like hell what makes you think jean alone no phoenix can beat Charles .

she had the potential but never lived long enough to achieve it without the aid of phoenix.

She uses TK and flips him out of his wheelchair quickly. The resulting whiplash and impact with the ground below knocks X out or cracks his head open.

comic_book_fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By comic_book_fan

@carter_esque:

then she realizes he hasn't been in a wheel chair in like 5 years but by the time she realizes it was all an illusion Xavier has already bypassed all her defenses and she is rendered unconscious.

Carter_esque

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@comic_book_fan:

Current version of X huh? Okay well then he uses TK and BFRs him into walls repeatedly like a pinball in a machine.

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By dondave

X

jojjimbo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Jean.

comic_book_fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Carter_esque

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By Carter_esque

@comic_book_fan:

She could block his mental attacks with her own defenses for as long as it takes to throw him around. Jean stomps

comic_book_fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@carter_esque:

he put Rachael to sleep easily along with thor DR strange and a phoenix powered namor and many others with a gesture then he wiped all of there minds of him ever being there in avx if he could do that to that many powerful people with strong TP defenses he can do it to jean alone just as easily.

Carter_esque

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@comic_book_fan:

Jean's defenses, even without the Phoenix force, are stronger than any of those characters you just referenced. So she could easilyhold him off for at least 5 seconds, which is all the time she'll need to BFR him head-first into the nearest object that would either knock him out or kill him.

comic_book_fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@carter_esque:

besides the way it is worded it sounds like the guy wants to know who the stronger telepath is and that's Xavier.

Roddy010

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Jean wins. Xavier may have the experience and skill to make him a top tier telepath, but Jean not only has skill but unlimited potential backed by raw power. Xavier would put up a decent fight but will be overwhelmed inevitably.

comic_book_fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@roddy010:

but jean has never reached that potential.

Carter_esque

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@roddy010:

Oh well if it's just TP then I agree that Prof. X wins easily.

Roddy010

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@roddy010:

Yes she has. How well do you know the character?

comic_book_fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@roddy010:

not without the phoenix she never surpassed Xavier.

X_insignia1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81  Edited By X_insignia1

Charles.

Roddy010

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@roddy010:

not without the phoenix she never surpassed Xavier.

Okay that doesn't answer my question.

How well do you know the character?

comic_book_fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83  Edited By comic_book_fan

@roddy010:

I have been an x-men fan since 1993 just briefly stopped reading from 1998 until 2000 and then started back and have been reading x-men since I know a good deal about jean but as you can tell there is a gap and she was not one of my favorite x-men and as far as I know she has been dead since 2002 and was the phoenix for like the last 5 years before that.

Roddy010

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@roddy010:

I have been an x-men fan since 1993 just briefly stopped reading from 1998 until 2000 and then started back and have been reading x-men since I know a good deal about jean but as you can tell there is a gap and she was not one of my favorite x-men and as far as I know she has been dead since 2002 and was the phoenix for like the last 5 years before that.

Well my friend if you were reading her since 93 (I was only one :P) You would know that Jean never actually hosted the Phoenix Force until the end of Morrison's new X-men run. Prior to this The Firebird effect we saw was only The Phoenix raptor her powers manifested. People misconstrue this fact since she symbolically recollected the name Phoenix after coming out of her coma during DPS.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e385ee5c8c54
deactivated-5e385ee5c8c54

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

jean would win

leonkarlen123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dro: Xavier>Cable>>>>>Jean

pastepotpete1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

im not saying jean grey was fodder in Age of Apocalsye but Charles Xavier just being alive made it so that everyone wasnt apocalyses b****t .. which jean grey was to apocalyse just a guinea pig even when she broke free she really didnt do much