Jean Grey vs. Kitty Pryde

mgrman5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By mgrman5

It has come to my attention that Kitty is immune to TK and TP attacks when intangible, so if that is the case I would like to test that theory. Jean is not at her Phoenix levels, but the ones displayed in Warsong before she acquired her White Phoenix powers back. Kitty has her usal powerset unless she has gained power since her return to Earth. Kitty also has an adamantium sword. Battle takes place in the streets of San Francisco. Morals are on, but their are still going to attack each other with all they got.  

No Caption Provided
Kid weather

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Kid weather

Jean.Sucks to because kitty is a fa

mgrman5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By mgrman5

@Kid weather:
So are you saying Jean wins or Kitty, either way I am pretty sure neither is lesbian since both have had or is in a male relationship.

nefarious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#4  Edited By nefarious

Jean wins this match with a passion.

xmenfallen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By xmenfallen

jean wins kitty cant stay intangible forever

TheThe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By TheThe

I give this to Kitty.What would Jean Do without TP and TK ?

AgeofHurricane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#7  Edited By AgeofHurricane
@TheThe: She would call "Scott!" :)
Avatar image for lordofallhumans
LordOfAllHumans

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By LordOfAllHumans

Kittys powers involve molecular manipulation, she still has molecules which is why certain energies can affect her, Jean at this level has her tk sensitivity and even before that could manipulate matter on a molecular level without the Phoenix, also Kittly may have shown some resistance to telepathy but not sure about immunity.  Even if she is "immune" Jean has feats that show her breaking through telepathic immunity.

mgrman5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By mgrman5
@xmenfallen:
actually she can it is shown when she was stuck in that magic bullet in space she was intangible the entire time which was quite a while.
mgrman5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By mgrman5
@LordOfAllHumans:
I thought the whole still has molecules thing had some basis for Jean's level of TK, because Kitty can be effected by certain attacks and is not completely immune to everything thrown at her. The reason I didn't think of that earlier because I herd that Jean's TK didn't work on Kitty, but the opposite makes perfect sense. Thanks for that reminder of Kitty's abilities. On the fact that Jean's TP can effect Kitty, I think it could but it would take Jean a bit more time to perform the task on Kitty then a usual person with no resistance.
hitchcock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By hitchcock
@mgrman5 said:
" @LordOfAllHumans: I thought the whole still has molecules thing had some basis for Jean's level of TK, because Kitty can be effected by certain attacks and is not completely immune to everything thrown at her. The reason I didn't think of that earlier because I herd that Jean's TK didn't work on Kitty, but the opposite makes perfect sense. Thanks for that reminder of Kitty's abilities. On the fact that Jean's TP can effect Kitty, I think it could but it would take Jean a bit more time to perform the task on Kitty then a usual person with no resistance. "
And on that more time piece i think that Kitty would be able to come up with what was needed to finish the fight.  Yes Jean is stronger than most even without Phoenix Force but if it takes more time then I believe Kitty would be able to take the fight before Jean could mount her attack.
Avatar image for lordofallhumans
LordOfAllHumans

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By LordOfAllHumans
@hitchcock said:
" @mgrman5 said:
" @LordOfAllHumans: I thought the whole still has molecules thing had some basis for Jean's level of TK, because Kitty can be effected by certain attacks and is not completely immune to everything thrown at her. The reason I didn't think of that earlier because I herd that Jean's TK didn't work on Kitty, but the opposite makes perfect sense. Thanks for that reminder of Kitty's abilities. On the fact that Jean's TP can effect Kitty, I think it could but it would take Jean a bit more time to perform the task on Kitty then a usual person with no resistance. "
And on that more time piece i think that Kitty would be able to come up with what was needed to finish the fight.  Yes Jean is stronger than most even without Phoenix Force but if it takes more time then I believe Kitty would be able to take the fight before Jean could mount her attack. "
all Jean has to do is think, she has tk sensitivity, her powers automatically work at the molecular level at this point, it's very likely she can just solidify her, or scatter her already spaced out molecules.
mgrman5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By mgrman5
@LordOfAllHumans:
Yeah I see what you are saying her TK abilities will definitely be the deciding factor in this fight. Jean will probably try to solidify her at the molecular level, like what the Flash did to Martian Man hunter in their fight he stopped Martian Man hunter from phasing, I know Jean and Flash have different powers but it is the same concept. Jean would then use her TP to attack her psychically, to take Kitty down peacefully, or if Jean is super peeved she could just rib her molecules apart and scatter them across the city.
EpitomeofCool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By EpitomeofCool

jean......it will be tricky......

daken_2513

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#15  Edited By daken_2513

jean ftw
Avatar image for nightcrawler1212
nightcrawler1212

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By nightcrawler1212
@daken_2513 said:
"jean ftw "
THUNDERBOLT30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By THUNDERBOLT30

I think Jean could still win here.....if only Kitty could make this a h2h fightm then I think she would win.
a88378438

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By a88378438

Jean Grey   easily
Scarlet_Wanda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pyrofn What are your thoughts on this?

PyroFN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 PyroFN  Online

@pyrofn What are your thoughts on this?

Easy win for Jean. Kitty Pryde has some decent resistant feats, but her track record against psychics of Jean's calibre (like Emma Frost) have been not so good.

Not only that, but Jean even in her Teenage Marvel Girl era has a feat of grabbing Kitty Pryde while she is phased.

Avatar image for deactivated-60bc436ce52fe
deactivated-60bc436ce52fe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I dont have to read X-Men to know Jean wins

marvelfan1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pyrofn: what issue does that happen? or do you have the scan

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Of note, on grabbing Kitty when phased....she can actually phase to greater levels.

It's why sometimes she can be caught by storms winds or magneto but when she's been serious or bloodlusted she's been nearly untouchable.

Anyway, Kitty's TP resistance is up and down....but assuming she is at her ABSOLUTE PEAK, she still has all of zero ways to ever hurt Jean other then hoping she stops flying away.

GodlyShinigami

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Jean stomps

Avatar image for kingofolympuszz
KingOfOlympusZz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for sar_annihilator
SAR_Annihilator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

PyroFN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By PyroFN  Online

@marvelfan1992 said:

@pyrofn: what issue does that happen? or do you have the scan

Excalibur XX Crossing. An assassin with chromoskimming abilities takes the X-Men of the past to fight Excalibur.

Kitty slips out of Teen Jean‘s tk and comments that it is not matured enough to grab her fully while phased,

No Caption Provided

Only for Jean to say screw that snd start pulling the air current around Kitty.

No Caption Provided

Though Kitty states Jean in this timeline might be a sorceress, it is because she didn’t understand fully how she got there to begin with.

What happened was the aforementioned assassin, Sidestep, mentally manipulated the thought patterns of the O5 to better fit the era he was putting them in and transporting both the O5 and Excalibur to different points in the Timestream.

No Caption Provided

So, in essence, Teen Jean retains her powers the same way with no real evidence of a change beyond a slight power increase (because the 90’s did try to increase her 60’s powers the same way they did in the All-New Era).