Jim Lee's Art ftw.

Storm Calling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By Storm Calling

Candra seems to be a far more powerful telekinetic, but Jean's tp will give her the edge she'll need.

Roddy010

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By Roddy010
@Storm Calling said:
Candra seems to be a far more powerful telekinetic, but Jean's tp will give her the edge she'll need.
True...Jeans tp could give her an edge that is if Candra doesn't reaarange her molecules and shut her powers off....I can see this fight being a quick draw....If Jean enters Candra's mind first then I say she ttakes it...
THUNDERBOLT30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By THUNDERBOLT30

@Roddy010
@Storm Calling: 
I think this would be a quick draw as well. Both are very powerful telekines, and I have always been curious if Candra has TP as well. Didn't she easily take mental possession of Cyclops?

BMEZY

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By BMEZY

bump... if jean is capable of doing everything candra does with telekinesis and more with telepathy
kasya

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

BOTH POWERFUL SO THIS WOULD BE A DRAW AND PLUS CANDRA CAN FEED OFF HER LIFE FORCE TO STAY ALIVE

Avatar image for deactivated-5e385ee5c8c54
deactivated-5e385ee5c8c54

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

jean grey ftw

Stormcell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If Candra gets in a TK assault at the very beginning of the fight, it would force Jean to put all of her concentration into her TK to try and combat Candra. This would leave Jean nothing to spare for a TP attack. Since Candra is a much more powerful telekinetic, she overpowers Jean in this scenario. On the other hand, if Jean gets in a TP attack at the very beginning of the fight, I have not seen Candra go up against a telepath, so I don't know what her TP defenses are.

That said, Candra has also displayed both TP and pyrokinetic abilities, though the upper limits of these abilities have not been defined in canon.

I give the edge to Candra and here's why: of both women cut loose with their powers in the first split second of the battle, Jean dies from Candra's TK abilities. Since Candra is an external, meaning an immortal mutant, she will survive Jean's mindblast and eventually recover from it.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

i dont know much about candra, what are her feats with TK? And didn't she lose to storm 1on1

THUNDERBOLT30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

i dont know much about candra, what are her feats with TK? And didn't she lose to storm 1on1

I think Jean has better TK feats but Candra has shown that she can alter DNA to give super powers, a TK shield that (briefly) stood up to Storm's power once, can easily blast through stone, brick, and I want to say she has ripped targets apart w/ TK. She's a powerful telekinetic (and has other abilities like mind control and generated fire once before) but I think Jean's showings are better in the TK dept. And yes she has lost to Storm twice.

Malachi_Munroe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Malachi_Munroe

Jean skins her alive.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thunderbolt30 said:
@martinceld said:

I think Jean has better TK feats but Candra has shown that she can alter DNA to give super powers, a TK shield that (briefly) stood up to Storm's power once, can easily blast through stone, brick, and I want to say she has ripped targets apart w/ TK. She's a powerful telekinetic (and has other abilities like mind control and generated fire once before) but I think Jean's showings are better in the TK dept. And yes she has lost to Storm twice.

hmm although @storm_calling said candra "seems to be a far more powerful telekinetic" and roddy agreed so im curious as to what candra can do haha.

@roddy010 would you mind sharing what makes candra far more powerful in TK? I havent seen her much in what i've read

sorry its such an old thread to revive haha

Roddy010

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#15  Edited By Roddy010

@martinceld: I wouldn't say more power. I would actually place them around the same level. Candra has molecular control just like Jean and can manipulate latent mutants powers. She was also able to knock an entire building down on Storm and crew, however thanks to Jean they survived. We haven't seen much from Candra but she definitely has the potential to be a major threat. However Jean , by feats, far outclasses her so she wins.

Storm Calling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Storm Calling

@martinceld: Agreed with @roddy010, though Candra is quite powerful I've learned quite a bit more about Jean without PF since then(there was a lot of confusion back then between when she was using the PF and so forth), so I think she is more powerful than Candra in TK also. Not entirely sure Jean outclasses her(in TK), but I do think she has more raw power and psi talent. Which will give her the edge she needs in this fight.

Candra recently appeared not too long ago in Scarlet Spider(though wasn't at full power) and has demonstrated some sort of psychic vampirism(draining the lifeforce from others), and was capable of telekinetically pulling her body back together after it was completely destroyed. She was also capable of restoring her arm after it was cut off by Wolverine, and displayed pyrokinetic abilities well(one shotting Kaine). She was even capable of deconstructing her own men(as well as snapping the neck of one with tk) to supply herself with more power and healing, and stopped dozens of bullets dead in their tracks..

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@martinceld: Agreed with Roddy, though Candra is quite powerful I've learned quite a bit more about Jean without PF since then(there was a lot of confusion back then between when she was using the PF and so forth), so I think she is more powerful than Candra in TK also. Not entirely sure Jean outclasses her(in TK), but I do think she has more raw power and psi talent. Which will give her the edge she needs in this fight.

Candra recently appeared not too long ago in Scarlet Spider(though wasn't at full power) and has demonstrated some sort of psychic vampirism(draining the lifeforce from others), and was capable of telekinetically pulling her body back together after it was completely destroyed. She was also capable of restoring her arm after it was cut off by Wolverine, and displayed pyrokinetic abilities well. She was even capable of deconstructing her own men to supply herself with more power and healing, and stopped dozens of bullets dead in their tracks..

Ah I see. Well i just never really saw candra in the comics aside from a short cameo in a gambit solo so I was just curious as to what she can do :) so thanks for the scans! Btw do you know around what issue or story arc candra was destryoed by the x-men? She mentions it in the first scan you posted

Storm Calling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Storm Calling

@martinceld: That instance(her death) occurs in X-Men Vol 2 #61(Cyclops destroys her heart/life essence, which is Storm's mysterious red ruby gem). This was also a continuance of the story that unfolded in X-Men Unlimited #7. So both issues are recommended if you want the complete story.

And you're welcome on the scans. Let me know if you need anything else. :)

MasterKungFu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 11

may go either way

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Jean....straight TK fight could go either way (Jean having more feats but Candra's showing comparable strength and higher levels of molecular control)

But Jean also has much greater number and quality TP and psionic feats so it has to go to her.

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Eww, what is wrong with you 2015 Koays?

Candra Molecular TK has no offensive feats to get past Jean's shields. Her power level is moderate at best.

She gets beat by Pre Death Jean and stomped by current Jean.

Avatar image for deactivated-5daccae6547be
deactivated-5daccae6547be

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Jean barley has the offence to win

PyroFN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@koays: It’s not your fault. No one knew how much of false hype Candra really was.