#1 Edited by benjaminkch (26 posts) - - Show Bio

Fight takes place in a deserted Time square New York City

Jean only has her Omega Level Mutant powers

Bastion has his power level from Second Coming

50 Ft apart

Who wins and reasons why please!

Edit NO PHOENIX FORCE, everyone already knows how that would end.

#2 Posted by cattlebattle (12675 posts) - - Show Bio

Only has her omega level powers??

#3 Posted by benjaminkch (26 posts) - - Show Bio

Yeah Her mutant powers at her omega level no phoenix

#4 Posted by Halle Romanova (500 posts) - - Show Bio

@benjaminkch said:

Her second mutation is the Phoenix. It's been established as part of her power set; attracting the Phoenix or some such thing. Erik would know better than I, he's the Jean/Phoenix authority around here.

#5 Posted by benjaminkch (26 posts) - - Show Bio

@Halle Romanova said:

@benjaminkch said:

Her second mutation is the Phoenix. It's been established as part of her power set; attracting the Phoenix or some such thing. Erik would know better than I, he's the Jean/Phoenix authority around here.

Yes i understand this i am saying without the phoenix!

#6 Posted by JediXMan (30206 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm going to need somebody who knows more about Jean than me to fill me in on her high-level powers without Phoenix. Because I really, really want Bastion to win.

... not that I'm bias....

#7 Posted by buttersdaman000 (9568 posts) - - Show Bio
@benjaminkch:  
Jean and the phoenix are pretty much one in the same..... 
Wouldnt we have to go way back to before the introduction of the PF to get the types of feats youre looking for? 
#8 Posted by benjaminkch (26 posts) - - Show Bio
#9 Posted by Edamame (28062 posts) - - Show Bio

Well, I doubt that her telepathy would do anything to Bastion, but I am sure that her telekinesis will do some damage. Bastion's regenerative capabilities in Second Coming were quite impressive, though, as Bastion was able to regenerate entire body parts (arms, head, etc.) that were completely destroyed and/or "lost". She'll have to separate Bastion into very tiny pieces and scatter those pieces at very far distances from each other. I don't know if Bastion can regenerate from one tiny piece. Nimrod (Days of Future Past) would probably have a better chance at defeating Jean Grey than Bastion would.

#10 Posted by JediXMan (30206 posts) - - Show Bio
@Edamame

Didn't Hope use the Phoenix to beat Bastion?
#11 Posted by Edamame (28062 posts) - - Show Bio

@JediXMan said:

@Edamame: Didn't Hope use the Phoenix to beat Bastion?

I believe so. The explosion completely destroyed Bastion. No pieces were left.

Why do you ask?

#12 Posted by buttersdaman000 (9568 posts) - - Show Bio
#13 Posted by JediXMan (30206 posts) - - Show Bio
@Edamame

Just wondering how Jean can duplicate that without the Phoenix.
#14 Edited by Edamame (28062 posts) - - Show Bio

@JediXMan said:

@Edamame: Just wondering how Jean can duplicate that without the Phoenix.

It's a different process. She could focus on separating Bastion's body into small pieces. Given her telekinetic prowess, she should be able to do this. I also recall her ripping parts off of Apocalypse's body in The Twelve. That is impressive given Apocalypse's ability to exert control over the molecular/atomic structure of his own body.

#15 Posted by buttersdaman000 (9568 posts) - - Show Bio
@Edamame:  
Has Jean ever not been with the phoenix in some way shape or form since that first moment they came together? Didnt Phoenix: End Song solidify that they are one in the same? 
#16 Edited by Edamame (28062 posts) - - Show Bio

@buttersdaman000 said:

@Edamame: Has Jean ever not been with the phoenix in some way shape or form since that first moment they came together? Didnt Phoenix: End Song solidify that they are one in the same?

I personally think that is a complicated question due to multiple reasons, but I would recommend asking Erik or The Dark Huntress. The both of them are probably more knowledgeable on Jean Grey's entire history. I didn't even read the story that you alluded to. I am sorry I couldn't help.

#17 Posted by buttersdaman000 (9568 posts) - - Show Bio
@Edamame:  
Nah its fine. 
Its just that I get so confused when people try to separate phoenix and 'regular' feats. Im pretty sure im right though..... 
And if so, Jean should take this without a hitch..... 
#18 Posted by Nefarious (19562 posts) - - Show Bio

Haven't they fought before?

#19 Posted by Erik (32096 posts) - - Show Bio

Without the Phoenix Force, Jean has lifted some pretty heavy objects. I believe she lifted some kind of structure that Beast said was about 700 tons. But it was a very long time ago when I read that. I will have to double check to confirm. 

#20 Edited by Edamame (28062 posts) - - Show Bio

@Nefarious said:

Haven't they fought before?

No, they have not.

I recall Jean Grey not being able to clearly read Bastion's mind at some governmental meeting in Operation Zero Tolerance, however.

@buttersdaman000 said:

@Edamame: Nah its fine. Its just that I get so confused when people try to separate phoenix and 'regular' feats. Im pretty sure im right though..... And if so, Jean should take this without a hitch.....

I understand your confusion. lol

#21 Posted by Nefarious (19562 posts) - - Show Bio
@Edamame: Ohh.
#22 Posted by Edamame (28062 posts) - - Show Bio

Here is the scan I was referring to:

#23 Posted by buttersdaman000 (9568 posts) - - Show Bio
@Erik:  
So what is the difference between Jean w/ Phoenix and Jean w/o Phoenix as far as telling the two apart goes? Besides the difference in power is there another way to tell them apart? Because I was under the impression that everything post 1976 I believe is Jean w/ some form of the phoenix......
#24 Posted by Erik (32096 posts) - - Show Bio

It might be 70 tons. I will have to dig through my issues to find it though so wait for confirm before moving forward with either of my statements as fact.  

@buttersdaman000 said:

@Erik:  So what is the difference between Jean w/ Phoenix and Jean w/o Phoenix as far as telling the two apart goes? Besides the difference in power is there another way to tell them apart? Because I was under the impression that everything post 1976 I believe is Jean w/ some form of the phoenix......
Jean IS the Phoenix. They were revealed by the Phoenix Force itself that they are one and the same. Different than merely a host.  

But for the sake of battles, Jean "without" the Phoenix Force means that she is not able to tap into her greater levels of power.  

Most of Jean's appearances until the late 90s was without access to those higher levels of power. It is like walking around with a blindfold on. Sure you still have eyes. They are still there. But you just cannot use them. She occasionally tapped into those higher levels of power (most of the time, she would manifest a Phoenix avatar when it happened) but it was only a few times ever since she rose from the Hudson Bay all the way up until the point of her Death in New X-Men.  

Now with New X-Men, she was tapping into those powers through her secondary mutation and not through the Phoenix Crown Chakra. It was not until Wolverine killed her that she accessed her greater power levels directly through the Phoenix Force. 
#25 Posted by buttersdaman000 (9568 posts) - - Show Bio
@Erik:  
Ok thanks man
#26 Posted by The_Assassin_ (17437 posts) - - Show Bio

Idk >_> .... Jean?