• 80 results
Avatar image for thetruebarryallen
TheTrueBarryAllen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

Classic. Arguments involving game mechanics.

juiceboks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#52 juiceboks  Moderator

@juiceboks: yup, makes them more interesting :).

No it makes it impossible to debate against characters from other universes. The fact that the anime and game directly contradict each other is proof that there's no common ground when trying to apply game mechanics and even anime mechanics to a certain extent. I've already gave several examples within Pokemon itself.

Don_Sevour

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@juiceboks: ...that's why i'm going by game mechanics. Otherwise what's the point of a pokemon battle. So no, she can't attack it directly with psionics, not in this battle. Get over it.

Avatar image for beaconofstrength
BeaconofStrength

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#54  Edited By BeaconofStrength

I'm all for some game mechanics being used in battles, in the right situations, but this is the worst of the worst examples.

juiceboks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By juiceboks  Moderator

@don_sevour said:

@juiceboks: ...that's why i'm going by game mechanics. Otherwise what's the point of a pokemon battle. So no, she can't attack it directly with psionics, not in this battle. Get over it.

..which is a very foolish way of debating because Jean Grey doesn't have an hp bar or 4 very specific attacks to choose from. She's also not gonna take turns in attacking, and sure as hell won't stand there and let the Pokemon attack without defending herself.

You're trying to do what many others have attempted in the past, and you're making just as big a fool out of yourself as they did.

Don_Sevour

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By Don_Sevour

You guys realize that the point of this battle was to think outside of the box? Sheesh, typing isn't everything, is she really helpless without her mind tricks? No she has tk and is standing on planet earth. Use your imagination for once.

makhai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#57  Edited By makhai

@jacthripper: Steel's actually gonna be neutral :b. And what the heck is wolverine doing? He's not here right now!

Wolverine doesn't have steel claws and I think you missed the joke.

Don_Sevour

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@juiceboks: I know that, that's the point... I just wanted a battle that wasn't insta-win due to tp.

Speedster101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@don_sevour: She uses Telekinesis and drops boulders on it.

Don_Sevour

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@speedster101: Thank you, this is what i'm looking for. Is this really that hard to grasp.

juiceboks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By juiceboks  Moderator

@don_sevour said:

@juiceboks: I know that, that's the point... I just wanted a battle that wasn't insta-win due to tp.

If you wanted that then you could have just disabled her TP instead of wasting time giving a nonsensical argument. You could also have put her up against an actual dark type pokemon so there's something to debate.

Eisenfauste

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By Eisenfauste

Half the people in this thread have no idea what they are saying.....

those_eyes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@agent9149 said:

@mysticmedivh: They aren't resistant. They're immune. And the fact that Arceus the creator and godlike being of the pokemon world still abides by these game mechanics. A psychic attack from Arceus will never effect any dark pokemon. Regardless of how weak they are. The mechanics are law.

Game mechanics don't apply in the anime and manga, nor do we debate using game mechanics. We use feats.

No Caption Provided

You of all people should know that alot do in the pokemon universe. The psychic type attacks not working on dark types have been shown as a feat and stated in the anime.

mysticmedivh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By mysticmedivh

@those_eyes said:
@mysticmedivh said:
@agent9149 said:

@mysticmedivh: They aren't resistant. They're immune. And the fact that Arceus the creator and godlike being of the pokemon world still abides by these game mechanics. A psychic attack from Arceus will never effect any dark pokemon. Regardless of how weak they are. The mechanics are law.

Game mechanics don't apply in the anime and manga, nor do we debate using game mechanics. We use feats.

No Caption Provided

You of all people should know that alot do in the pokemon universe. The psychic type attacks not working on dark types have been shown as a feat and stated in the anime.

I've seen Hyper Beam been used by a single Pokémon more than 5 times, or Pokémon attacking more than once with multiple moves, or Pokémon not waiting for a "turn", which proves my point. You can take that GIF and post it somewhere else.

Don_Sevour

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@juiceboks: Dude, it's not non-sensical... dark is immune to psychic... in every game that it's in. That's not a rule I made up, that's the rule. And I always thought is was dumb to randomly disable something as opposed to having an actual reason why it wouldn't work. How about instead of complaining about the setup, you follow it. The point of this site is to debate, and that means adapting to the scenario, understand?

Don_Sevour

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Fine though, if people hate following pokemon logic that much, i'll never use pokemon in another battle. You people entirely missed the point.

those_eyes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@those_eyes said:
@mysticmedivh said:
@agent9149 said:

No Caption Provided

I've seen Hyper Beam been used by a single Pokémon more than 5 times, or Pokémon attacking more than once with multiple moves, or Pokémon not waiting for a "turn", which proves my point. You can take that GIF and post it somewhere else.

Huh? How does what you said prove jean grey's psychic powers will work on dark types?

No Caption Provided

mysticmedivh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mysticmedivh said:
@those_eyes said:
@mysticmedivh said:
@agent9149 said:

Huh? How does what you said prove jean grey's psychic powers will work on dark types?

All I said was game mechanics don't apply in the anime manga. I never disagreed that an Alakazam using a psychic type move wouldn't affect a Sableye, for example.

Don_Sevour

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Jean hits it with a karate chop and it explodes, lol

juiceboks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By juiceboks  Moderator

@don_sevour said:

@juiceboks: Dude, it's not non-sensical... dark is immune to psychic... in every game that it's in. That's not a rule I made up, that's the rule. And I always thought is was dumb to randomly disable something as opposed to having an actual reason why it wouldn't work. How about instead of complaining about the setup, you follow it. The point of this site is to debate, and that means adapting to the scenario, understand?

It doesn't matter that it's a built in mechanic in game, this is not a Pokemon game and thus shouldn't follow the same rules. And you think devoting two pages to argue a game mechanic instead of simply disabling an aspect of a powerset you don't believe is applicable in the first place is sensible? Seriously? People disable certain powers all the time for much better reasons than this. If anyone is complaining it's you regarding the fact that most of these people refuse to follow your flawed logic. If you wanted to debate a legit matchup, you would have actually put her up against a pokemon and included more background information than a smiley face. You didn't take the OP seriously so why should I treat you and this thread any better?

those_eyes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@don_sevour said:

It doesn't matter that it's a built in mechanic in game, this is not a Pokemon game and thus shouldn't follow the same rules. And you think devoting two pages to argue a game mechanic instead of simply disabling an aspect of a powerset you don't believe is applicable in the first place is sensible? Seriously? People disable certain powers all the time for much better reasons than this. If anyone is complaining it's you regarding the fact that most of these people refuse to follow your flawed logic. If you wanted to debate a legit matchup, you would have actually put her up against a pokemon and included more background information than a smiley face. You didn't take the OP seriously so why should I treat you and this thread any better?

But its applied outside of the game aswell though. In the anime its shown and stated physic attacks dont work on dark types.

Don_Sevour

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By Don_Sevour

@juiceboks: It wasn't supposed to be a serious match-up, it was supposed to be funny. Hence the smiley and lack of specificity. You do realize that i'm fine with jean winning, right? But instead of witty replies, you guys wanna ignore my requests to follow video game rules. I'm not disabling her powers because there's no point... just debate withing those rules, not very hard dude.

juiceboks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 juiceboks  Moderator

@those_eyes It's not the only game mechanic that was shown and stated to be applicable in the anime, of course the others don't hold up throughout almost two decades of various writers and directors that obviously aren't concerned with battle consistency and there's no reason why this one shouldn't be under the same level of scrutiny.

@juiceboks: It wasn't supposed to be a serious match-up, it was supposed to be funny. Hence the smiley and lack of specificity. You do realize that i'm fine with jean winning, right? But instead of witty replies, you guys wanna ignore my requests to follow video game rules. I'm not disabling her powers because there's no point... just debate withing those rules, not very hard dude.

So which is it? Do you want us to seriously debate or do you want us to treat this thread like the joke that it is? Can't debate for or against a pokemon that doesn't exist.

Don_Sevour

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74  Edited By Don_Sevour

@juiceboks: Treat it like a joke and have fun for once in your life. I've seen joke battles before, so I don't know why this is so hard for you to understand. Jean can't use direct tk or tp, so what happens next, go?

It literally was a joke afterall. I even put a smiley, good lord

juiceboks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 juiceboks  Moderator

@juiceboks: Treat it like a joke and have fun for once in your life. I've seen joke battles before, so I don't know why this is so hard for you to understand. Jean can't use direct tk or tp, so what happens next, go?

Joke battles at least have real characters in them. Lol I dunno, Jean gets bored and flies to her favorite frozen yogurt shop because she's fighting a nonexistent enemy.

lettsplay10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Am out

AgentofChaos1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Mewto stomps

Salamence123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79  Edited By Salamence123

@zeezee123 how would Jean Grey Solo Pokemon? Arceus,Dialga and Celebi all stop time,Jirachi can grant any wish so if someone wished for Jean or the entire Marvel Universe to die Jirachi could do it. Also Xerneas and HO-Oh can raise the dead. Plus all the Pokemon with their Psychic Powers would overwhelm her.

zgsahaA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Jirachi just grants a wish to erase the entire Marvelverse from existence not even TOAA can defeat Jirachi.