Jean Grey & Carol Danvers vs Invisible Woman & Ben Grimm

mikemaximum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By mikemaximum

No powers, only h2h, no morals, to the death.

Fight 1
Round 1:
Ben vs Jean

Round 2:
Sue vs Carol

Round 3:
Winner from each fight square off if from opposite team.

Fight 2
Round 1:
Sue vs Jean

Round 2:
Ben vs Carol

Round 3:

THUNDERBOLT30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By THUNDERBOLT30

Fight 1
Round 1:
Ben vs Jean - Jean gets the beating of her life.

Round 2:
Sue vs Carol - Sue has some traininf but Carol is more expierenced and skilled.

Round 3:

I think Carol can take Ben but this fight would be interesting, and has the potential to go either way.

Fight 2
Round 1:
Sue vs Jean

Round 2:
Ben vs Carol

Round 3:

I think Carol would beat Sue.

Backflip

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

#3  Edited By Backflip

Is the Thing immune to TP?

marvellover1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By marvellover1

Fight 1
Round 1:

benvs Jean

Round 2:
Sue vs  Carol 

Round 3:

Carol

Fight 2
Round 1:

Sue vs Jean

Round 2:
Ben vs Carol

Round 3:

Carol

Scarbearer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Scarbearer

Well since this fight is without powers and H2H only, I'm assuming we're going with human form Ben Grimm here.  Even so, Ben was a great fighter and a veteran of multiple nasty black ops long before he became the Thing.  I don't think Jean's training, is going to be enough to overcome Ben's experience without the use of her powers.

And in fight two we have a reverse situation with Carol vs. Sue, so I think Carol is a clear winner there.

The final round I think will be close,  Ben's very very good even without powers, but so is Carol.  I read somewhere she was once considered as close to Captain America as any Female agent has come (though I'm sure Black Widow might take umbrage to that claim).  Though I'd like to say Ben takes this I'm going to try and objective.  When Ben reverts to his human form, he's solidly into his 40's at this point, and while he's still tough as hell, and I think in some of his recent transformations he's mentioned that he can feel his age catching up with him when he's just Ben Grimm and not the Thing.  I'm gonna say Carol manages to eek this out, but we're talking a very close spread, like 5.5/10 fights.

marvellover1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By marvellover1
@scarbearer said:
" Well since this fight is without powers and H2H only, I'm assuming we're going with human form Ben Grimm here.  Even so, Ben was a great fighter and a veteran of multiple nasty black ops long before he became the Thing.  I don't think Jean's training, is going to be enough to overcome Ben's experience without the use of her powers.And in fight two we have a reverse situation with Carol vs. Sue, so I think Carol is a clear winner there.The final round I think will be close,  Ben's very very good even without powers, but so is Carol.  I read somewhere she was once considered as close to Captain America as any Female agent has come (though I'm sure Black Widow might take umbrage to that claim).  Though I'd like to say Ben takes this I'm going to try and objective.  When Ben reverts to his human form, he's solidly into his 40's at this point, and while he's still tough as hell, and I think in some of his recent transformations he's mentioned that he can feel his age catching up with him when he's just Ben Grimm and not the Thing.  I'm gonna say Carol manages to eek this out, but we're talking a very close spread, like 5.5/10 fights. "
Jean is more than capable shes been trained by the xmen in close combat whilst having influences from the likes of wolverine.
Scarbearer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Scarbearer
@marvellover1:  I'm not saying she isn't capable, I'm just saying in pure hand to hand, she's just not in Ben's league.
marvellover1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By marvellover1
@scarbearer said:
" @marvellover1:  I'm not saying she isn't capable, I'm just saying in pure hand to hand, she's just not in Ben's league. "
Im sorry but i disagree, ben without his powers will fight with strength jeans skills are based on agility, and she has had many fights along side with x men that are purely trained in combat she knows alot, these people range from psyloche, wolverine, cyclops, storm etc.
nefarious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#9  Edited By nefarious

Round 1: Jean is not strong enough to hurt Ben. Ben wins without even trying.

Round 2: Ms. Marvel wins, easily.

Round 3: Ms. Marvel defeats Ben.

Round 1: Sue defeats Jean.

Round 2: Carol defeats Ben.

Round 3: Carol wins.

Scarbearer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Scarbearer
@marvellover1 said:
" @scarbearer said:
" @marvellover1:  I'm not saying she isn't capable, I'm just saying in pure hand to hand, she's just not in Ben's league. "
Im sorry but i disagree, ben without his powers will fight with strength jeans skills are based on agility, and she has had many fights along side with x men that are purely trained in combat she knows alot, these people range from psyloche, wolverine, cyclops, storm etc. "
Of the examples you list, Only Logan is a better fighter than Ben, (though to be fair, Psylocke is pretty close)  Ben has trained longer than the X-Men.  He's been fighting in real fights longer than the X-Men.  Logan beats him clean, but There is nothing in the X-Men's training that would give them an edge over Ben's own training and greater wealth of experience.
marvellover1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By marvellover1
@scarbearer said:
" @marvellover1 said:
" @scarbearer said:
Im sorry but i disagree, ben without his powers will fight with strength jeans skills are based on agility, and she has had many fights along side with x men that are purely trained in combat she knows alot, these people range from psyloche, wolverine, cyclops, storm etc. "
Of the examples you list, Only Logan is a better fighter than Ben, (though to be fair, Psylocke is pretty close)  Ben has trained longer than the X-Men.  He's been fighting in real fights longer than the X-Men.  Logan beats him clean, but There is nothing in the X-Men's training that would give them an edge over Ben's own training and greater wealth of experience. "
Okay what i cannot seem to understand though is jean has been taut to fight fatally against other mutants ben without his powers was just a casual fighter.
Scarbearer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Scarbearer
@marvellover1 said:

Okay what i cannot seem to understand though is jean has been taut to fight fatally against other mutants ben without his powers was just a casual fighter. "
That's just it.  Ben was not just a casual fighter before he became the Thing.  He was trained black-ops pilot,  he met Nick Fury and Logan from running missions with them long before he was a member of the Fantastic Four.  I'm not dogging the X-Men training regimen, I just don't see how it provides any significant advantage over someone with as much training and experience as Ben.