• 89 results
#1 Posted by brharri (838 posts) - - Show Bio

Jean Grey & Storm
                                  vs.
                                          Cyclops,Rogue,Ice-man,Colossus,Wolverine,Jubilee,Nightcrawler,Emma Frost,Psylocke

#2 Posted by JediXMan (30611 posts) - - Show Bio

Team, easily.

#3 Posted by charlieboy (7160 posts) - - Show Bio

i am going to have to go with the team here.
#4 Posted by brharri (838 posts) - - Show Bio
@JediXMan: Explain.
#5 Posted by JediXMan (30611 posts) - - Show Bio
@brharri said:
" @JediXMan: Explain. "
Iceman >>>>> Storm.
Emma and Psylocke are fully capable of at least holding Jean at bay.
#6 Posted by _Courage_ (1183 posts) - - Show Bio

Iceman, Emma, and probably Psylocke are all that is needed.

#7 Posted by JediXMan (30611 posts) - - Show Bio
@_Courage_ said:
" Iceman, Emma, and probably Psylocke are all that is needed. "
Pretty much, yeah.
#8 Posted by _Courage_ (1183 posts) - - Show Bio
@JediXMan: 
I think a lot of people are unaware of Iceman's new basically "impossible to kill" abilities.
#9 Posted by Nefarious (20353 posts) - - Show Bio

I'll say...the team has this.

#10 Posted by Asok (336 posts) - - Show Bio

What version of Jean is this?

#11 Posted by God_Spawn (37889 posts) - - Show Bio

team takes it in style.
#12 Posted by JediXMan (30611 posts) - - Show Bio
@_Courage_ said:
" @JediXMan:  I think a lot of people are unaware of Iceman's new basically "impossible to kill" abilities. "
Jean can beat him, however. He can be brought down via telepathic assault.
#13 Posted by _Courage_ (1183 posts) - - Show Bio
@JediXMan: 
And that is the only way, aside from knockout and BFR which are very unlikely, the duo could beat him, hence the need for Emma and Psylocke.
#14 Posted by Hellos (8914 posts) - - Show Bio

Spite Jean.
#15 Posted by shonen2 (301 posts) - - Show Bio

Jean Grey= Phoenix. Jean Solos.

#16 Posted by Storm Calling (3597 posts) - - Show Bio

hmmm

#17 Posted by jeanlucpicard (1845 posts) - - Show Bio

Team takes it.
#18 Edited by Son Of Storm (11297 posts) - - Show Bio
Team easy.
Cyclops, Rogue, Ice-man, Colossus, Wolverine, Jubilee, and Nightcrawler have little to no defense against Jean's TP. And Emma and Psylocke would be preoccupied and destroyed by Storm.

Even if the X-men were bloodlusted I doubt they could defeat the X-ladies. 

Edit- Actually I would go so far to say that Jean might be able to solo.
#19 Posted by IIDEADxPOOLII (1414 posts) - - Show Bio
@Son Of Storm:
I am confused by what your saying you say the team easily wins but then you say they can't beat them?
#20 Posted by Storm Calling (3597 posts) - - Show Bio

He's talking about the team of x-ladies, he probably would have said X-men if he believed they had won.

#21 Posted by Son Of Storm (11297 posts) - - Show Bio
@Storm Calling said:
" He's talking about the team of x-ladies, he probably would have said X-men if he believed they had won. "
Exactly.
#22 Posted by JediXMan (30611 posts) - - Show Bio
@Son Of Storm: 

Emma and Psylocke are more than capable of holding Jean off. Iceman is capable of bringing Storm down.
#23 Posted by Son Of Storm (11297 posts) - - Show Bio
@JediXMan said:
" @Son Of Storm:   Emma and Psylocke are more than capable of holding Jean off. Iceman is capable of bringing Storm down. "
Not of they are being preoccupied by Storm. Emma would have no choice but to switch into her diamond form. And I haven't seen anything to suggest that Psylocke can make a shield strong enough to fend off Storm attacks to help Emma or herself//.

Or we can just take the bloodlusted way out and Jean snaps their necks. Or Storm crushes them.
Since they are basically the X-men's best way of winning.
#24 Posted by Storm Calling (3597 posts) - - Show Bio
@JediXMan: Hogwash, Storm is more then capable of handling a moral iceman for sure.
#25 Posted by JediXMan (30611 posts) - - Show Bio
@Son Of Storm: 

Why would they be preoccupied with Storm? The way I see it, they would see Jean as the bigger threat and send the telepaths on her. Iceman is at the very least capable of holding Storm off if not killing her.
#26 Posted by Storm Calling (3597 posts) - - Show Bio
@JediXMan said:
" @Son Of Storm:   Why would they be preoccupied with Storm? The way I see it, they would see Jean as the bigger threat and send the telepaths on her. Iceman is at the very least capable of holding Storm off if not killing her. "
The only way iceman is holding off Storm is if he's trying to kill her. And Storm knows that telepaths are the biggest threats on the team and has targeted them first while leading. She'll definitely go after both Psylocke and Emma when the match begins.
#27 Posted by Son Of Storm (11297 posts) - - Show Bio
@JediXMan said:
" @Son Of Storm:   Why would they be preoccupied with Storm? The way I see it, they would see Jean as the bigger threat and send the telepaths on her. Iceman is at the very least capable of holding Storm off if not killing her. "
And if they did they would die. Or at the very least be KO'ed. It's hard to determine the little details since no real info was given.

I'll say this because I really don't want this to turn into Storm vs Iceman............ Jean should take him out.
#28 Posted by Son Of Storm (11297 posts) - - Show Bio
@Storm Calling said:
" @JediXMan: Hogwash
That word.......
#29 Posted by JediXMan (30611 posts) - - Show Bio
@Storm Calling: 

The way Cyclops generally sets up his fights is to keep the telepaths behind the front. Therefore, Storm would have to get through the others - she might be capable of beating them, but they are capable of putting up a fight. The time it takes for Storm to get to them, they would have Jean in a stalemate. That makes her vulnerable.
#30 Posted by JediXMan (30611 posts) - - Show Bio
@Son Of Storm said:
" @JediXMan said:
And if they did they would die. Or at the very least be KO'ed. It's hard to determine the little details since no real info was given.

I'll say this because I really don't want this to turn into Storm vs Iceman............ Jean should take him out.
"
Of coarse Jean can beat Iceman. All I'm arguing is that the telepaths are capable of holding Jean and Iceman is - at least - capable of holding Storm. Meanwhile, the rest of the X-Men could break up the stalemate.
#31 Posted by Storm Calling (3597 posts) - - Show Bio
@JediXMan: With Storm mindlinking with Jean it shouldn't be too hard to locate the two.
#32 Posted by JediXMan (30611 posts) - - Show Bio
@Storm Calling said:
" @JediXMan: With Storm mindlinking with Jean it shouldn't be too hard to locate the two. "
And Emma won't be doing the same, as she's known to do?

Also, a prime factor is that Cyclops is a very skilled tactician. That is what team 1 lacks.
#33 Posted by Son Of Storm (11297 posts) - - Show Bio
@JediXMan said:
" @Son Of Storm said:
" @JediXMan said:

"
Of coarse Jean can beat Iceman. All I'm arguing is that the telepaths are capable of holding Jean and Iceman is - at least - capable of holding Storm. Meanwhile, the rest of the X-Men could break up the stalemate. "
Emma is the only "real" telepath. I don't think Psylocke has enough juice to control a bus full of kids. The way she is currently being written is just sad. And we both know that Emma is no match for Jean. Bloodlusted or not. And since Emma>Psylocke she would be putty in Jean's hand.  So I can see her taking at LEAST Emma and Iceman out since they pose the biggest threat.

And the rest of the X-men could easily be taken out by Storm.
#34 Posted by Storm Calling (3597 posts) - - Show Bio
@JediXMan said:
" @Storm Calling said:
" @JediXMan: With Storm mindlinking with Jean it shouldn't be too hard to locate the two. "
And Emma won't be doing the same, as she's known to do?  Also, a prime factor is that Cyclops is a very skilled tactician. That is what team 1 lacks. "
Storm is a skilled tactician as well. See world's apart. And Emma won't be worrying about trying to locate anyone, she has to be in diamond or else she's vulnerable.
#35 Edited by charlieboy (7160 posts) - - Show Bio
@Son Of Storm:
in her recent series psylocke mind controlled a whole crowd. she is a skilled and powerful telepath.
#36 Posted by Mercy_ (92698 posts) - - Show Bio
@JediXMan said:
" @brharri said:
Iceman >>>>> Storm. Emma and Psylocke are fully capable of at least holding Jean at bay. "
@_Courage_ said:
#37 Posted by marvellover1 (373 posts) - - Show Bio

Jean and storm no solo's

#38 Posted by Son Of Storm (11297 posts) - - Show Bio
@charlieboy said:
" @Son Of Storm: in her recent series psylocke mind controlled a whole crowd. she is a skilled and powerful telepath. "
And that's something the average telepath is supposed to be able to do. Tell me some feats that show me that she could be an actual threat to Jean if she tag teams with Emma.
@The Dark Huntress said:
" @JediXMan said:
" @brharri said:
Iceman >>>>> Storm. Emma and Psylocke are fully capable of at least holding Jean at bay. "
@_Courage_ said:
"

I just can't see this working....
#39 Posted by charlieboy (7160 posts) - - Show Bio
@Son Of Storm:
psylocke actually managed to contain the shadow king. i don't believe jean ever has.
#40 Posted by BlackDove (375 posts) - - Show Bio

One big advantage the X-ladies have against the team is flight. I am more so leaning toward the X-ladies due to their combined powers but the team won't go down without a fight.

#41 Posted by marvellover1 (373 posts) - - Show Bio

People are bringing jean into alot of this discussion, even with or before she merged with the phoenix she was always on a high scale of power, also storm is in this aswell, i feel shes being under estimated of how powerful she really is.

#42 Posted by charlieboy (7160 posts) - - Show Bio
@Son Of Storm:
also psyclocke has managed to hurt juggernaut telepathically even while he was protected.
#43 Posted by Son Of Storm (11297 posts) - - Show Bio
@charlieboy said:
" @Son Of Storm: also psyclocke has managed to hurt juggernaut telepathically even while he was protected. "
Classic Psylocke? I thought we were doing current... And IIRC Jean did the same thing.
#44 Posted by charlieboy (7160 posts) - - Show Bio
@Son Of Storm:
psylocke has all her powers back that she lost when she switched bodies. the only difference is that she has tk now too. and she did that to the shadow king after she turned ninja. i don't remember jean containing shadow king. not by herself anyway.
#45 Posted by Son Of Storm (11297 posts) - - Show Bio
@charlieboy said:
" @Son Of Storm: psylocke has all her powers back that she lost when she switched bodies. the only difference is that she has tk now too. and she did that to the shadow king after she turned ninja. i don't remember jean containing shadow king. not by herself anyway. "
Then they must be at a much lower level.  She herself stated that she cannot focus completely on both of her abilities. So its either all TK or all TP.

It was an old scan. Jean used all of her power to attack Juggy. Even he stated that he thought only the Professor could do it.
#46 Posted by Storm Calling (3597 posts) - - Show Bio
@charlieboy said:
" @Son Of Storm: psylocke has all her powers back that she lost when she switched bodies. the only difference is that she has tk now too. and she did that to the shadow king after she turned ninja. i don't remember jean containing shadow king. not by herself anyway. "
Wow, I'm outdated on psylocke. She could just be the key that turns the tide in favor of the X-men.
#47 Posted by charlieboy (7160 posts) - - Show Bio
@Son Of Storm:
oh i remember that one now. she was in her green and yellow miniskirt outfit.
#48 Posted by Son Of Storm (11297 posts) - - Show Bio
@charlieboy said:
" @Son Of Storm: oh i remember that one now. she was in her green and yellow miniskirt outfit. "
Yep. I believe that's the one...
@Storm Calling said:
" @charlieboy said:
Wow, I'm outdated on psylocke. She could just be the key that turns the tide in favor of the X-men. "

Unless I'm shown some evidence I don't think so.
#49 Posted by charlieboy (7160 posts) - - Show Bio
@Son Of Storm:
don;t get me wrong. i don't really think psylocke could take jean on her own. but i think a emma/betsy combo could possibly do the job.
#50 Posted by Son Of Storm (11297 posts) - - Show Bio
@charlieboy said:
" @Son Of Storm: don;t get me wrong. i don't really think psylocke could take jean on her own. but i think a emma/betsy combo could possibly do the job. "
But that's just the thing. Jean has always shown to be the stronger telepath when it came to Emma. I just don't think Psylocke will be a big enough power to fill the gap.