JCT: Floopay vs. mightyrearranger (Voting Open!)

Avatar image for mightyrearranger
mightyrearranger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By mightyrearranger

The Teams:

Floopay:

Perk: Magneto's Helm

Robin ( Teen Titans ) ( Red X Suit )

Red X (Teen Titans)

Raven ( Teen Titans )

mightyrearranger:

Perk: Full Knowlegde

Jailbot (Superjail)

Fuzzy Lumpkins w/ Meat Ray, shotgun and banjo (Powerpuff Girls)

Inque (Batman Beyond)

Rules:

• If a your opponent doesn't post a reply in 4 days there out by forfeit
  • First person to 7 votes win
  • There will be standard info of your teams characters, nothing to in depth
  • Your team will act like they have been working together for 1 month ( without perk )
  • Your characters main objective will be to take down the other team through kill, incap, or KO.
  • No Battlefield Removal

Scenario:

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Fight at Ragnarok from Halo 4. Floopay's Team will start at Red Base, mightyrearranger's will start at Blue

There will be 5 Spartans that you can control. Each are armed with a Magnum and Battle Rifle.

The Vehicles aren't there but anything else thats usually on the ground will be.

8 Elites armed with Energy Swords are in the middle, they are neutral and will attack anybody.

Perks:

A Little Extra Help: 10 more spartans will join you. Armed with Magnum and Battle Rifle

New Recruit: One of your characters will gain Masterchief Armor with your choice of Armor Perk and any 2 weapons from halo

Vroom, Vroom: You can get all vehicles from Halo 4 and spawn them at your base when ever you want

Floopay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

@mightyrearranger:

Taking "A Little Extra Help"

Red X

Jason Todd?

No Caption Provided

Superhuman Strength - He can leap massive distances, throw people extreme distances, and is well above the bounds of normal humans.

Superhuman Speed and Reflexes - He can keep up with motor vehicles, dodge lasers from multiple sources, and easily dodge multiple extremely well trained combatants with ease.

Superhuman Durability - He can tank attacks that would easily kill a human being with no injury to himself.

Expert Martial Artist - Red X can fight on par with Dick Greyson, and the rest of the Teen Titans with ease. He may be the top martial artist in the Teen Titans cartoon.

Red X Suit - He is never seen without it. Can produce a magnitude of effects from the red X's located on the suit. Also comes with a tool belt with a variety of tools on it.

Dick Greyson (Red X Suit)

Robin

No Caption Provided

Superhuman Strength - He can leap massive distances, throw people extreme distances, and is well above the bounds of normal humans. He has been able to harm extreme superhumans with kicks and punches alone.

Superhuman Speed and Reflexes - He can keep up with motor vehicles, dodge lasers from multiple sources, and easily dodge multiple extremely well trained combatants with ease.

Superhuman Durability - He can tank attacks that would easily kill a human being with no injury to himself.

Expert Martial Artist -

Dick Greyson has proven he is among the top fighters of the Teen Titans cartoon, and easily the best trained of the primary team members.

Red X Suit - Can provide a number of effects out of the red X's located throughout the suit.

Devices - In addition to his normal suit, he also carries his normal tool belt weapons.

Raven

Raven

No Caption Provided

Superhuman Strength - Raven can harm opponents who are clearly superhuman in durability with her hand to hand fighting alone.

Superhuman Speed and Reflexes -

Has reacted to multiple opponents simultaneously, including lasers, bullets, and etc.

Superhuman Durability - Without any amplifications, she has tanked explosives, lasers, and several other powerful attacks without even being dazed.

Magic - Raven can use magic for a variety of effects. Phasing through solid objects, telekinesis, forcefields, and mental manipulation are a few examples of her uses.

Trained Hand to Hand Fighter - In addition to her magic, she is also extremely well trained in hand to hand combat.

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

mightyrearranger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By mightyrearranger

@floopay: Cool, Titans and Spartans sound like a pretty impressive army. I'll be taking "New Recruit" for my team. Fuzzy Lumpkins is going to be outfitted in the Master Chief Armor with a Needler and Rocket Launcher, as well as using the Active Camo Ability.

Jailbot:

No Caption Provided

Devices - Jailbot's most useful application lies within his near-unlimited resources. With his tentacle-esque appendages, Jailbot has produced various weaponry and tools including, but not limited to, battle axes, flamethrowers, electrical buzzers, rocket launchers, chainsaws, lanterns, ice-cream (no, seriously), and buzzsaws. He's also incredibly apt at selecting the right solution to any problem that Superjail forces; those problems are often of an outer-dimensional nature.

Superhuman Strength - Jailbot was the driving force behind creating the Superjail complex, physically lifting one beam at a time to do so. His standard "claws" have been able to lift automobiles with ease, punch holes through inmates, and engage in a tug-of-war with a UFO that was at least 3 times his size.

Superhuman Durability - Jailbot is entirely robotic, entitling him to some of the same durability feats that are standard to robots. In the realm of Superjail, he is slightly more durable than standard robots in order for him to survive some of the typically monstrous threats to the prison. Gunfire, explosives, and blunt force aren't going to have much of an effect on his skin.

Superhuman Speed and Reflexes -Jailbot is able to dress and prepare the Warden of Superjail for his day within seconds. It's also suggested that he constructed a large portion of Superjail within one daylight cycle.

Shapeshifting Capabilities - In the event of a prisoner escaping Superjail's intricate defenses, sometimes Jailbot has to go undercover in order to find them. On one such occasion, Jailbot completely separated his exoskeleton from his main robot frame, turning it into a car. He then disguised himself as a young woman and seduced an escaped inmate before restructuring himself and capturing the escapee. He's also hidden below the ground and disguised his appendages to fool people.

Fuzzy Lumpkins:

No Caption Provided

Superhuman Durability - Fuzzy has been given some of the most vicious beatdowns the Powerpuff Girls have ever served up and lived to talk about it later. Fuzzy also regenerated a leg that Bubbles tore clean off of him, though the time it took for him to do so is unclear.

Above-Average Marksman/Reflexes - Regardless of the weapons he's wielding, Fuzzy has displayed impressive marksmanship with them, able to turn a good portion of Townsville into meat with his Meat Ray Gun before the superhumanly fast Powerpuff Girls even arrived on the scene.

Meat Ray Gun - Fuzzy's primary weapon from the "Meat Fuzzy Lumpkins" pilot; although a character that lacks scholastic brainpower, Fuzzy was able to invent this ray gun which transforms it's targets, humans or otherwise, into slabs of meat.

"Rage" Form - Upon growing angrier, Fuzzy will normally turn a bright red and grow slightly in stature, also becoming significantly stronger and more durable.

Stunningly Bad Musician - Fuzzy's banjo playing has been shown to be so bad that it literally incapacitated the citizens of Townsville, reducing them to an agonized state.

Inque:

No Caption Provided

Extreme Malleability - Inque is virtually indestructible in the physical sense of the word. Hand-to-hand blows will have no effect on her, nor will attacks with weaponry or blades. She can contort her form into any shape she wishes, maneuvering easily through a Green Lantern cage construct and navigating ventilation systems. Her semi-liquid state makes it possible for her to cling to vehicles undetected as well as maneuver her whole body inside that of another human being, through their mouth.

Superhuman Strength - Inque has shown herself superior in strength to Batman on numerous outings, besting him in physical matches as well as lifting objects well beyond her size in combat.

Master Manipulator - In her human form, Inque has worked as a spy and saboteur and has also conned an accomplished scientist into helping her out, and has done the same with Terry on one occasion. Her shape-changing feats are not as impressive as someone like Clayface, but her strength and stealth talents make up for that.

mightyrearranger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By mightyrearranger

@floopay: Would you like to take the first move?

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By dondave

This should be good

Floopay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mightyrearranger:

Lets put it this way. I'll be placing my opening statement tomorrow. So if you wanna open today, that's fine. If you wanna wait for me to make my opening statement tomorrow, that's fine to.

:)

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

mightyrearranger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@floopay: Okay, that's cool by me. I only use a Nook outside of my desktop at work, so definitely go for it; then I'll be able to fully quote/copy-paste next time I'm at my desktop.

Jokergeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bahahahaha Fuzzy Lumpkins' stunningly bad banjo-playing should win here ^.^

Floopay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mightyrearranger:

Had to go to someone's graduation party yesterday, and then went out disc golfing with someone. Sorry, failed to get a post up, and I'm very sun burnt :P

My Strategy

Well, Raven can disarm Fuzzy Lumpkins and eliminate any and all weapons Inque pulls out.

Red X and Robin can disable Kill bot, Fuzzy, or Inque with their Red X suits. They also have an arsenal of explosives, and wide variety of weapons to incapacitate, maim, KO, or disable your teams technology. Which is a nice advantage.

Red X vs Teen Titans

As you can see, not only is he extremely skilled, but he easily dodges multiple attacks with ease, and can use the suit for a wide variety of effects.

Durability allows him to tank Starfires attacks

In this video alone

• Create explosives
  • Energy projection (which he can bounce)
  • Teleports
  • Electrical shocks via touch
  • Electric shock via traps
  • Open up pits in the ground beneath his opponents
  • Has a gun that can leave his opponent bound
  • Can stick his opponents to the wall (can hold Starfire in place, who is easily in the 80 ton range)
Loading Video...

Him vs. Titans Again

0:30 - 1:30

Him vs. the titans again.

• Projects throwing stars
  • Sticks Raven and Beast Boy together
  • Conjures X Shields

2:30 - End

• Creates explosive projectiles
  • Easily, and speedily dances through laser field
  • Destroys barriers with his X's
Loading Video...

Robin and Red X

• Robin uses his explosive balls
  • Has his extendable bow staff
  • As you can see, these two fight on par with one another
  • Red X can use his X's as saw blades on both arms, they easily cut through metal, but not through Robin's staff
  • Red X can kick through steel
Loading Video...

Robin as Red X

0:45 - 2:00 -

• Teleportation
  • Can use his Red X to stop attacks
  • Shoots X's as projectiles
  • Can transform it into an extremely gummy ooze, which can incapacitate his targets
  • Easily dodges attacks
  • Knocks away Starfire

4:20 - 6:00

• That's a hologram of himself getting tagged by a net, and him chasing himself.
  • Can turn invisible briefly when needed
  • Easily handles the Titans, tanks blows, and knocks them around like playtoys

Loading Video...

Robin vs. the Titans

Robin handles the entire Titans crew on his own. Both sides are holding back, obviously, but it's still impressive. When he cuts lose he annihilates them.

It should be noted between 0:25 and 0:45, Raven isn't having much issue handling him on her own. In fact, it looks like the rest get in her way.

At 1:00, Raven restrains Robin completely with her powers. Something to be noted as well

At 2:50, Raven destroys Robin's wrist device. It should also be noted her shields pretty much block any attack that meets them.

Loading Video...

Raven vs. Terra

As shown, Raven can easily control multiple objects over a wide area with her attacks.

Terra was in an environment that favored her quite a bit. Yet here Raven shows that she's the superior fighter all around. She rips metal from the walls, and easily rips metal objects off the ground. She creates shields, propels herself, and can even slice through objects with her attacks. When angry she is a force to be reckoned with, something to be noted.

Loading Video...

Raven vs. Slade

I know she's all glowey, but she hasn't received any enhancements yet, she's just coming close to reviving her father.

Slade can't fight back, but this does show she can manhandle people like no other when she wants to.

Loading Video...

Robin and Raven

Notice how Robin's extendo-pole can extend massive distances, he also fights dozens of people here.

Raven is able to contain people pretty easily in her bubbles when needed.

They are using holographic projectors here as well, which my team doesn't have, just something I wanted to point out.

Loading Video...

Overall

Red X and Robin both have the Red X suit, which has the same abilities regardless of it's user. Teleportation, gummy projectiles, energy projection, explosives, all of it. Red X himself has the Red X gun, and Robin has his standard utility belt, that's the big difference between the two.

Both are well trained and I think could hold up to anyone in your team, as they are both team busters themselves.

Then we have Raven, who willy easily dispatch of Fuzzy's gun, and could probably even destroy Inque or Killbots tech over time.

Add to that my team is extremely intelligent, has worked together, and are all strategically and tactically sound. Robin was able to create the Red X suit, and Red X was able to break into Titan Tower to steal it. Raven herself is an expert on many topics.

Though your team is smart, Fuzzy wasn't portrayed as particular intelligent, even with inventing that gun of his.

Your move :)

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

TifaLockhart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Tizzop-e.

mightyrearranger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@floopay:

Had to go to someone's graduation party yesterday, and then went out disc golfing with someone. Sorry, failed to get a post up, and I'm very sun burnt :P

Totally understandable! It's that time of the year, everybody's gonna be having them. Hope the sunburn subsides soon. Great opening post, the Titans are definitely a fun group to have on your side. However, I don't think they've got what it takes to tap into my team's weaknesses and I'll detail why:

My Strategy

Well, Raven can disarm Fuzzy Lumpkins and eliminate any and all weapons Inque pulls out.

Red X and Robin can disable Kill bot, Fuzzy, or Inque with their Red X suits. They also have an arsenal of explosives, and wide variety of weapons to incapacitate, maim, KO, or disable your teams technology. Which is a nice advantage.

^One quick point. Inque isn't really prone to using too many weapons outside of her own physical strength/maneuvers. Also, even though joewell wrote "Killbot", it's Jailbot, haha. Now here's my strategy:

1. First thing's first: Your team has a "Magneto's Helm" perk, which has it's uses, but won't help them much in this battle. On the other hand, my team has a perk which will assist them immensely. Using "Full Knowledge", they'll already know EVERYTHING about Raven, Robin, and Red X, including their strengths, powers, and weaknesses. Meanwhile, while the Titans are a clever bunch, they're severely limited to having only basic knowledge of my team.

-While my team is aware of just how mobile Red X and Robin are via teleporting powers, those two will have only a basic understanding of Jailbot and Inque'sdisguise powers.

-Knowing of these teleportation powers in advance, we'll come prepared to activate any counter-measures immediately.

2. My team is full of shape-changers and stealthy characters, allowing us a few advantages when fighting the Titans. As I just stated, we'll be ready to make use of these advantages right away, in case Red, Robin, or Raventeleport over as you had planned. I don't see any long-distance teleporting feats from them that take less than a few seconds to complete, and once that's done, my team will have already taken to the shadows.

-Fuzzy Lumpkins will be wearing a Spartan Suit and have access to the "Active Camo" ability because of it. This will allow him to be invisible to the human eye from the get go. Not only that, the suit will provide him with a radar system, on the offchance that he needs it (seeing as your team is coming to us, I don't think he will). From there, it's a matter of waiting and striking while undetected. Whether he's smart enough to do so or not is another story; I say if most of the drunk college kids I've met while playing Halo online can figure Active Camo out so well, Fuzzy will do okay with it, haha.

-Inque is prone to scoping out her opponent undetected before engaging them in conflict. She can do so by manipulating her physical form and attaching it to a metal surface while remaining undetected, as seen here:

Loading Video...
  • ^Inque hitches a ride on the exterior of Batman's jet, completely avoiding detection until springing a surprise attack on Terry. Notice that she also attempts to kill him via attacking his internal organs, a tactic which will come in use during this fight. Once Inque attaches herself to a piece of Ragnarok's base, she'll be impossible to detect by the Titans.

-Jailbot, as I've already noted in my team description, is incredibly creative in disguising himself in order to capture the same escaped inmate constantly. Once he locks into a desire or weakness of his target, he can make a copy of that desire on the spot and fool them into thinking he's the real thing.

Loading Video...
  • ^Here, Jailbot first tracks and apprehends Jacknife (an inmate who displays advanced durability throughout the show as well) while underground. The reflexes of his claw-arms are incredibly quick. In the second part of the video (~1:30), Jailbot fools Jacknife by posing as a woman and a car at the same time (by dividing his body into two pieces). At roughly 2:30, Jailbot displays power and speed by outrunning speeding motorized boats and effortlessly knocking them aside, in a water environment that would normally disrupt electronics. At 3:00 in, Jailbot contorts his entire form into a television monitor to trick Jacknife again. He then flicks away a moving vehicle with ease. Given all of these feats, it's conceivable that Jailbot could quickly disguise himself as any number of objects that are usually present in a Ragnarok base, leaving your team to figure out his location

3. So, we're entirely hidden when your team decides to tele-blitz us, what then? Well, we have a plethora of options, depending on the circumstances:

-The Titans show up and see nothing to attack. Their guard is down in this situation and they take a second to get a beat on our location.

-Our first target is probably going to be Raven, although the 3 attacks will happen very close to each other on a timeline. Nullifying her before she gets a chance to cast anything will be crucial. The best bet would probably be getting the drop on her with Inque and utilizing the attack method that is shown in the video I posted above. It'll be difficult for Raven to do much while a semi-liquid/semi-solid snake-like presence fills her stomach and crushes some internal organs. She's a great magic user, but probably the least intelligent on your team; were she smart and/or dangerous enough under pressure, I think she could have utilized her teleportation and phasing abilities to last a bit longer in those fights with Red X.

-As Inque jumps into Raven's throat, Robin and Red will likely be a bit startled by the incident. In the Robin vs. Red X video that you posted, both are defeated quite easily when distracted as they have their backs turned to the guards that fire electrical impulses on them. This is Jailbot and Fuzzy's time to strike. Honestly, Jailbot could probably defeat both of these guys if it comes to that. Whether Jailbot is hiding under the base's floor or posing as a barrel/weapon/whatever, it'll be easy for him to compose himself and attack Red X with an electric shock or battle ax extension before Red X is aware of his presence. It's also important to note that Jailbot is always holding back when facing Jacknife because he actually enjoys their cat & mouse game (as shown in a Season 2 episode, I'll look for the footage 'cause I have it somewhere...).

-As Jailbothacks or shocksRed X into death or incapacitation, Fuzzy can take a shot with either the Needler or his Meat Gun at Robin. The reason I chose the Needler for Fuzzy is that it's a difficult gun to miss with in Halo 4. Once you unload it's ammunition, the spiked bullets home in on your target, gathering until they explode in unison. However, given Robin's durability and quickness on average, I'll take my chances with the Meat Gun for now.

Loading Video...
  • ^At roughly 3:05, you can see the Meat Gun in action; it's blast can cover a wide enough radius to encapsulate a car, making it difficult for Robin to dodge. At 5:00 in, Fuzzy's fight with the Powerpuff Girls begins. I can only assume that tagging Bubbles didn't entirely transform her because of the girls' superhuman abilities, and Fuzzy was able to fire off several shots before hitting her despite her superhuman speed. Robin is a great fighter and thinker, but he's still only human. He'll be turned into a slab of talking steak the same way that the mayor of Townsville was. Any member of my team should be able to defeat a slab of steak, I would hope.

4. After this, I don't think the Spartans will be a factor in this fight. The remaining soldiers lack the firepower necessary to damage Jailbot's durable exoskeleton and the resourcefulness/material necessary to hurt Inque. In all honesty, this scenario plays pretty well in my favor, since the fight will be centralized to a pretty stealth-heavy location and both of our teams probably surpass the average Halo Spartan in strength/combat feats.

5. After the fight is over, Jailbot can take a prime cut of Robin home with him, grill it up, and serve it to the Warden of Superjail.

From a defensive standpoint:

• Inque beats Batman Beyond on a regular basis. This guy has tech that's certainly far more advanced then anything Red X and Robin bring to the table. Without interference from Bruce Wayne, she'd have killed Terry pretty early on in their careers. Your team can bring any number of explosives, saw blades, and electrical impulses to the table, but none of those will exploit Inque's few weaknesses. She moves quickly enough and quietly enough to avoid Terry's vision/detection on a few occasions as well.
  • Along similar lines, Fuzzy is a Powerpuff Girls villain. His durability is pretty high as well. Beyond that, he's not a big factor in this fight, as I think the Titans could beat him without a ton of trouble. However, once his Active Camo comes on, your team again can't really attack what they can't see. So the Master Chief armor will be most useful when worn by Fuzzy.
  • Jailbot basically tanks a jet in the following video, and has survived worse beatings than that. He has some internal weaknesses, but without full knowledge of them, I doubt anyone on your team other than Raven could dent him (if she had any idea what to aim for). And he's quick enough to strike before being noticed or countered anyways.
Loading Video...

In conclusion, your team's teleportation strike strategy plays pretty well into my team's grasp, as their stealth-leanings push them to use hiding tactics anyways. Your video of Robin fighting Red X actually emphasizes why we'd have the advantage here, as the two were defeated from behind by foot-soldiers. Raven holds certain advantages in combat, but an Inque with full knowledge of her opposition will realize this, and aim to negate her influence first in this battle. Almost instantaneously after that (or in the process), Jailbot can shed his disguise, extend his arms, and maim Red X before he has a chance to look behind him. Then, Fuzzy just has to point and shoot his Meat Gun at a distracted Robin, who can either be incapacitated via steak-i-fication, or can meet the same fate as Red X when Jailbot gets a hold of him. All of this will occur within my team's base after your team launches their attack.

Floopay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mightyrearranger: Actually there is a long distance teleport feat by Robin when he first steals the disk.

As for detecting your team:

You team lack's the Magneto Helms. Any character of yours that has a mind is subject to Raven's detection and ability. She can easily grab your team and incapacitate them, even if they are stealthed, cloaked, disguised, etc.

Robin and Red X

Robin and Red X, just a little more on their fighting styles and abilities. Even without seeing their opponents, they are more than capable of dodging attacks shot from behind and to the sides of them.

Loading Video...

Raven

Raven has immense versatility. Emotion sensing, telekinesis, dark conjurations, and so much more.

0:55-2:20 -

• Telekinesis - Capable of grabbing and throwing a bunch of metal seats at someone
  • Dark Hand - Able to grab someone with a conjured black hand, and smash them to the floor
  • Durability - Gets knocked through a train wall and comes back into the scene not long after
Loading Video...

0:20-1:36

• Energy Projection - Can just project energy attacks to knock someone around
  • Advantced Martial Arts - Easily handling Mallah here with her powers and attacks. She's clearly at a disadvantage physically.
  • Rips a metal plate off with her powers
Loading Video...

Raven's and Robin

1:40-3:00

• Robin's able to knock this guy around pretty well, despite him being clearly a 40 tonner+
  • Grabs a truck mid air, and rips it to pieces with her power
  • Uses her power to take a piece of the environment (truck she just destroyed) to contain someone
  • Robin gets thrown off a cliff, looks like a good quarter mile or more, and gets up not long after falling over.

He fights Slade, but it's only an illusion, so the feat isn't really valid.

Loading Video...

3:18-End

Raven is able to deeply penetrate Robin's mind and read his thoughts, and even see through his eyes. Granted, she can naturally sense emotions and thoughts anyway (I'll show later).

Loading Video...

3:00-3:05 - Raven can teleport my entire team if needed, Red X and Robin aren't the only two capable of teleportation.

Loading Video...

Over and above this:

Raven has flight. Reaching her is not going to be easy, and with basic knowledge on your team, she should know to take out Fuzzy's gun, which I've shown she can do the moment the battle starts if she wants to.

My team also can keep in contact with each other via Titan comm devices. Though realistically they can probably just shout out what they need if they have to.

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

mightyrearranger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By mightyrearranger

@floopay: Gonna try to cover all the bases here in a few minutes while I'm at work:

RE Raven's "mind sensing" - I'm somewhat familiar with this power from comic iterations of Raven, but are there examples of her utilizing it during the cartoon against foes that she's not familiar with? And especially any examples of her using via a distance relative to our two bases? Just so I can reference the time it would take for her to do so.

Because the way I see your strategy, you're teleporting your team over to me and immediately attempting to disarm Fuzzy and incapacitate Inque. Is Raven "mind sensing" before or after the teleportation. Seems like it takes at least a couple seconds for her to do so and she'll be physically inactive while that happens. Plenty of time for Inque to drop down from the ceiling and force herself into Raven's mouth (I feel dirty every time I type about this power/strategy, haha)

*Fun fact - Jailbot isn't going to be susceptible to any type of mind control/sensing, as he's a robot. And I'm not sure what kind of state Inque's mind is in. It's obviously not the traditional kind because she can squeeze it through ventilation grates and cage bars.

RE Raven trapping Inque - Via any physical attacks, this is going to be virtually impossible.

Loading Video...
  • ^Say Raven tries to telekinetically react to Inque by hurling debris/objects. Inque can contort around them rather effortlessly, the same way she engulfs and simultaneously moves through a sewer grate that Terry tries to block her assault with. It would take Raven at least 10 seconds into the fight (being generous) to realize holding Inque in place isn't going to work, and by that time, Inque is already implementing her strategy, which means Raven isn't going to be verbalizing any more incantations.

RE Robin/Red X's reflex feats - It seems the video you posted involved Robin dodging attacks from the same opposition mid-battle (which he already had the upper-hand on, btw). However, it still puts him at 1-1 in terms of avoiding attacks from behind vs. being struck by them; and the first video you posted seems to be more in-tune with how my team will be attacking those two.

RE Raven's flight - My assumption based on your previous post was that you're teleporting over to us, right? We're inside our team's base with a very low ceiling. Her flight isn't going to help very much within the confines of that room. Here's a screenshot:

No Caption Provided
  • We'll be in that doorway at the bottom of the screen, the "basement" of the base, for lack of a better term.

Keep in mind, our Spartans will be starting around that area too. Your team will already have some threats to contend with upon arrival. For Raven to enter a meditative state, unleash her dark form, and allow it time to find either Inque or Fuzzy (can't be both at the same time, to my knowledge) in this crowd would be a pretty unrealistic feat. Even if she does this from a distance before her team teleports in, it gives any of my team ample time after being "sensed" to move around the room and alter their locations.

If you had made my team come to you, it would make things a bit more interesting. However, since the Titans were so eager to teleport over and attempt to disarm Fuzzy right away, it leaves a great opening for Inque and Jailbot to remain undetected (probable for Inque, definite for Jailbot). Then, it's a matter of Jailbot axing Robin and Red X in the back as they watch and try to figure out how to help Raven as Inque snakes down her throat. Robin and Red X have great impact-durability, but there aren't any feats in their favor when it comes to a bladed object slicing through skin and striking one's vital organs. Fuzzy's role in my strategy against the Titans was rather inconsequential, since Jailbot is fairly adept at multitasking as it is, so aiming to disarm Fuzzy from the get-go was a crucial error for Raven & company.

Joewell911

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Joewell911
Floopay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Floopay

@joewell: @mightyrearranger:

I'm still in this, had a busy couple of days, and have been meaning to get to this.

My Strategy

I was moreso thinking my team would wait to confront yours until after they were out of their base, however, I would like to point out that Raven can still fly in that cramped area, as she can phase through walls (I'll provide feats later, today I'm just going to make some clarifications).

As for her sensing someone via emapthy, I gotta look it up, but I know for a fact she senses Robin's mind and that he's not being influenced via external sources after the fight with Robin (in the Slade suit) vs. the Titans. I think she also senses Slade's presence at one point as well. Again, I'll post videos later.

Over and above this both the Red X suits can turn invisible, as proven in one of the videos I already posted. So when Raven teleports with them, they will not be visible anyway.

Finally, when she teleports she will be carrying all 15 Spartans, who all have Radar and extra sensory devices built into their armor. Those 15 Spartans alone will cause a lot of distractions and with your team dodging all their gunfire, they will be having a very difficult time countering two invisible characters, and someone who can shield herself and others against enemy fire.

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

Floopay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@floopay said:

@joewell: @mightyrearranger:

I'm still in this, had a busy couple of days, and have been meaning to get to this.

My Strategy

I was moreso thinking my team would wait to confront yours until after they were out of their base, however, I would like to point out that Raven can still fly in that cramped area, as she can phase through walls (I'll provide feats later, today I'm just going to make some clarifications).

As for her sensing someone via emapthy, I gotta look it up, but I know for a fact she senses Robin's mind and that he's not being influenced via external sources after the fight with Robin (in the Slade suit) vs. the Titans. I think she also senses Slade's presence at one point as well. Again, I'll post videos later.

Over and above this both the Red X suits can turn invisible, as proven in one of the videos I already posted. So when Raven teleports with them, they will not be visible anyway.

Finally, when she teleports she will be carrying all 15 Spartans, who all have Radar and extra sensory devices built into their armor. Those 15 Spartans alone will cause a lot of distractions and with your team dodging all their gunfire, they will be having a very difficult time countering two invisible characters, and someone who can shield herself and others against enemy fire.

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

Loading Video...

5:50-6:00 - Can sense any discrepancies in someone's mind, in case of mind control and etc.

I'll try to find the one where she talks about how she can feel everyone's emotions, but this one is fine for now. Shows that she can sense a person's mind if needed.

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

mightyrearranger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By mightyrearranger

@floopay: Hey, I've been a bit absent as of late too. I took a week off of work and kinda got away from technology as much as possible, haha.

If you do find an example of her sensing the minds of strangers, that would be helpful. As far as I know, the examples I've seen of her using her telepathy involve characters which she's aware of or familiar with in some way already. I guess it's a weird paradox of sorts in terms of psionics affecting those which one cannot see in the first place, but I may be misunderstanding.

I don't think Inque will be wasting any time on the offensive, gunning straight for the biggest threat on your team (the magic user). Beyond Raven, I don't see either of the remaining Titans or your Spartans having the right kind of firepower/ammunition to defeat Inque and Jailbot.

It becomes a scenario where Inque's speed in combat is up against Raven's reaction time; and after watching one of the clips in your first post where Beast Boy is thrown at Raven and collides with her before she can do anything to dodge the collision, I think Inque has her beat in the quickness department.

mightyrearranger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@joewell: is this in the voting phase by any chance?

Floopay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@floopay: Hey, I've been a bit absent as of late too. I took a week off of work and kinda got away from technology as much as possible, haha.

If you do find an example of her sensing the minds of strangers, that would be helpful. As far as I know, the examples I've seen of her using her telepathy involve characters which she's aware of or familiar with in some way already. I guess it's a weird paradox of sorts in terms of psionics affecting those which one cannot see in the first place, but I may be misunderstanding.

I don't think Inque will be wasting any time on the offensive, gunning straight for the biggest threat on your team (the magic user). Beyond Raven, I don't see either of the remaining Titans or your Spartans having the right kind of firepower/ammunition to defeat Inque and Jailbot.

It becomes a scenario where Inque's speed in combat is up against Raven's reaction time; and after watching one of the clips in your first post where Beast Boy is thrown at Raven and collides with her before she can do anything to dodge the collision, I think Inque has her beat in the quickness department.

Raven has also dodged lasers, bullets, and fought many opponents with ease. Her fighting with Robin, a close friend, has her holding back quite a bit.

As Robin and Red X have suits that can pin Starfire, a 80-100 tonner, down, I think they can handle Inque.

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

mightyrearranger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@floopay: Yep, it's inarguable that the Red X suit is powerful in it's own right. However, the entire strategy of pinning Inque is the problem here. How are either going to pin something that doesn't have a solid form to pin down?

Inque can slip through their grasp quite easily and continue her offensive, while neither have anything in their arsenal that she couldn't just catch and fling back at them (this includes rifle/magnum bullets fired by the Spartans, effectively turning that gunfire into hazards for your own team to dodge).

Floopay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Floopay

@floopay: Yep, it's inarguable that the Red X suit is powerful in it's own right. However, the entire strategy of pinning Inque is the problem here. How are either going to pin something that doesn't have a solid form to pin down?

Inque can slip through their grasp quite easily and continue her offensive, while neither have anything in their arsenal that she couldn't just catch and fling back at them (this includes rifle/magnum bullets fired by the Spartans, effectively turning that gunfire into hazards for your own team to dodge).

My team doesn't have to dodge anything with Raven there to shield them, or to put bubbles around your team members if need be...

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

mightyrearranger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By mightyrearranger

@floopay: So is Raven on the offensive or defensive when we first encounter each other? An impenetrable & impervious shield around her and her team seems a little beyond the tournament restrictions, no?

However, if it is there, I'm amused at the possibility of Fuzzy shooting it and encasing your entire team in a giant prime rib. >.>

If Raven can counter being rendered mute and breathless by Inque blocking her throat midway down, then she can cast whatever spells she wants.

Additionally, it's total speculation that Raven could even sense Inque to begin with. Inque did have a daughter and was obviously once a humanoid. But during the Batman Beyond series, there is no evidence to suggest that she's anything but a sentient semi-liquid entity in her current state. In fact, her shape-shifting and malleability (eg: moving through thin metal grates and regularly being reduced to multiple pieces before regrouping) indicates that something beyond a corporeal human brain exists within her.

And Jailbot, as a robot, will still also be immune to the telepathy, as far as I'm aware. Conversely, he's pretty adept at tracking opponents, though whether this is a result of his own systems or not is not clear in the Superjail mythos.

Floopay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@floopay: So is Raven on the offensive or defensive when we first encounter each other? An impenetrable & impervious shield around her and her team seems a little beyond the tournament restrictions, no?

However, if it is there, I'm amused at the possibility of Fuzzy shooting it and encasing your entire team in a giant prime rib. >.>

If Raven can counter being rendered mute and breathless by Inque blocking her throat midway down, then she can cast whatever spells she wants.

Additionally, it's total speculation that Raven could even sense Inque to begin with. Inque did have a daughter and was obviously once a humanoid. But during the Batman Beyond series, there is no evidence to suggest that she's anything but a sentient semi-liquid entity in her current state. In fact, her shape-shifting and malleability (eg: moving through thin metal grates and regularly being reduced to multiple pieces before regrouping) indicates that something beyond a corporeal human brain exists within her.

And Jailbot, as a robot, will still also be immune to the telepathy, as far as I'm aware. Conversely, he's pretty adept at tracking opponents, though whether this is a result of his own systems or not is not clear in the Superjail mythos.

Her shields aren't impervious, in fact I think I even posted a video with someone breaking through her shields. However, they can most definitely stand up to bullets, and at least tank one explosive before going down, and she can bring more up. Also, Raven can be both offensive AND defensive. She's done both before, dunno why she can't do both now.

Fuzzy's gun is going to be useless here, I've provided a couple videos of Raven straight up dismantling a gun with her powers :P

I have a host of Spartans and two invisible characters of my own, and Raven will be taking flight, so Inque is going to have to rely on ranged weapons to get her.

As for Jailbot, Robin and Red X can project electrical attacks against him, Robin, when using the Red X suit, was able to hit Cyclops and the effect forced his cicuitry panel open. Red X performed a similar feat to affect Cyborg's circuitry.

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

mightyrearranger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By mightyrearranger

@floopay said:

Her shields aren't impervious, in fact I think I even posted a video with someone breaking through her shields. However, they can most definitely stand up to bullets, and at least tank one explosive before going down, and she can bring more up. Also, Raven can be both offensive AND defensive. She's done both before, dunno why she can't do both now.

Fuzzy's gun is going to be useless here, I've provided a couple videos of Raven straight up dismantling a gun with her powers :P

I have a host of Spartans and two invisible characters of my own, and Raven will be taking flight, so Inque is going to have to rely on ranged weapons to get her.

As for Jailbot, Robin and Red X can project electrical attacks against him, Robin, when using the Red X suit, was able to hit Cyclops and the effect forced his cicuitry panel open. Red X performed a similar feat to affect Cyborg's circuitry.

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

My mistake on that. I was using a bit of hyperbole, for sure.

However, Inque won't need a ranged weapon of any kind; Inque isa weapon in and of herself. Her body can stretch to incredible lengths, here's a clip where she shapeshifts a ridiculous amount in an environment that would be difficult to navigate for most non-flying metas:

Loading Video...

Add to that, at approximately 1:35 in your "Raven vs. Terra" clip, Raven's psionic shield is simply circumvented by Terra's mud attack, in the same vein that Inque punk'd Terry around that sewer grate he held up to defend himself with. Furthermore, Raven may have been able to land physical blows on Terra, but the second she tries to kick Inque like she did to Terra, she'll just be trapped in Inque's form and Inque will be able to gun for Raven where she won't be able to counter, her internal organs.

Without any complex knowledge of Inque or the rest of my team, I'm not sure why Raven would immediately attempt to trap all of them in psionic bubbles as that type of combat isn't reflected in her typical fights. The one instance you posted involving the psionic bubble was a situation where Raven had the drop on an opponent, which is a luxury she won't have over at least one member of my team (Jailbot) and it's still unclear whether she would be able to "sense" Inque or not.

And while your reason for Robin and Red X being able to incapacitate Jailbot in the same way they disabled Cyborg is definitely valid, there's still no way for anyone on your team to find Jailbot while he's disguised as an explosive barrel within the team base (or he could be disguising himself as a Spartan vehicle outdoors).

Floopay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Floopay

@mightyrearranger: Is this tournament still going? I mean, we've been on round 1 for 3 weeks now...

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

mightyrearranger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@floopay: Haha, I know. @joewell just posted in the challenge thread that voting would open today, but I know a lot of folks had to drop out of this one in the first round. It's been a really good debate here at least. :)

@joewell: What's the verdict, yo?

Joewell911

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

mightyrearranger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@joewell: Thanks! lol, sorry I forgot it was my own thread. Title changed. :)