• 66 results
#51 Posted by TheTrueBarryAllen (4484 posts) - - Show Bio

@strictlyanime: It happens!

Team building is important :) Plus you had a pretty tough opponent, I have yet to debate against Joygirl but from what I've seen she's a force to be reckoned with!

#52 Edited by Joygirl (18854 posts) - - Show Bio
#53 Posted by The_Red_Viper (4167 posts) - - Show Bio

*raises hand* Am I allowed to vote for my opponent? I can't defend myself without ruining what ever amount of credibility I might have. ^_^;

I lose for the simple fact that too many members of my team are Non-threats. Oda Nobuna is just an impressive swordswoman with a 15th century rifle and Riza Hawkeye gets..for lack of a better term "Hentai'd" by Poison Ivy's vines (Heh Tentacles XD), and Yukari Tanizaki is LITERALLY useless. While Silver Crow is capable of killing Poison Ivy, and Cyan Pile is capable of taking down Solomon Grundy neither have no answer for the stealth of Deathstroke. *shrugs* = /

With Harley Quinn gone thanks to my perk, this was literally a 2 vs 4 Fight as @joygirl pointed out briefly

This leaves Silver Crow and Cyan Pile vs. Deathstroke, Solomon Grundy, Poison Ivy, and Killer Frost

Most everything was against me here

No biggie. It's your first tourney, am I right? You'll get better with time.

#54 Posted by StrictlyAnime (807 posts) - - Show Bio

@the_red_viper:

When I entered this I was still limited to the 5 posts for 5 days thing so yeah this was my first tourney.

#55 Edited by jwalser3 (4814 posts) - - Show Bio
#56 Posted by Joygirl (18854 posts) - - Show Bio

@strictlyanime: Oow, sorry I had to be your first. Maybe you should practice against Kidman650. ^_^

#57 Edited by Veitha (2899 posts) - - Show Bio

@joygirl for me. She made good arguments and she provided good showings for her characters. But you both did well, StrictlyAnime being able to counter some of her strategies very well(and she's a very good debater from what I've seen so far)

#58 Posted by StrictlyAnime (807 posts) - - Show Bio
#59 Posted by Joygirl (18854 posts) - - Show Bio
#60 Posted by The_Red_Viper (4167 posts) - - Show Bio

@joygirl said:

@strictlyanime: Oow, sorry I had to be your first. Maybe you should practice against Kidman650. ^_^

Well, I think it's safe to say Joygirl won this one (especially since her opponent admitted defeat). @strictlyanime you did well for your first debate, way to go! I'm sure you'll do even better next time.

#61 Edited by StrictlyAnime (807 posts) - - Show Bio

Been fun, I'll be following the tourney to see who comes out on top @the_red_viper.

Also I don't know who this Kidman650 is, but he sounds like Yamcha. If you've seen Teamfourstar you'll get that.

#62 Posted by Joygirl (18854 posts) - - Show Bio

@strictlyanime: Heh, sorry, the only anime I watch is Queen's Blade. :3

#63 Posted by Dratini1331 (7010 posts) - - Show Bio

I vote for @joygirl. She has more counters and an excellent plan. Being capable of taking down the enemy sniper. Also, Yukari, though hilarious, isn't really useful here.

#64 Edited by Jokergeist (4935 posts) - - Show Bio
#65 Posted by Dratini1331 (7010 posts) - - Show Bio

@joygirl said:

@strictlyanime: Heh, sorry, the only anime I watch is Queen's Blade. :3

<3 most family friendly anime evah.

Also I don't know who this Kidman650 is, but he sounds like Yamcha. If you've seen Teamfourstar you'll get that.

Don't mock kidman, I wuv him :3

#66 Edited by Stompa (1256 posts) - - Show Bio

I vote for @joygirl mostly because @strictlyanime seemed so intimidated by joygirls.....well....i don´t know maybe debating reputation, that he didn´t even put up a serious fight although there was good potential in his team and debating skill (even though i have to say picking a team over tournament rules always gives a lot of minus points in my book)

#67 Posted by Joygirl (18854 posts) - - Show Bio

@stompa: It was his first debate actually, I thought he did a good job. He actually didn't know my rep.

#68 Edited by Stompa (1256 posts) - - Show Bio

@joygirl: i agree he did good for his first tourney but that doesn't change the fact he missed good points because he somewhat gave up in the middle of the debate because he thought you had already won. If he had kept his guard up this could have been closer. (Although you would probably won anyways you are a monster with those DC guys....)