Jason Todd vs Dick Grayson

ThexX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#151  Edited By ThexX

@RainEffect: I don't say he would be better then Bruce. I just prefer his way (Jason)

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 10

#152  Edited By god_spawn  Moderator

@Kinasin_ said:

@god_spawn said:

@notquitevarsity said:

@Kinasin_: glorious

This really showed that Dick is the better fighter. Even holding back he still wins.

Nothing glorious about it since Kinasin forgot to mention Jason fought with Tim and got wailed on with a crowbar before hand. Granted Dick should beat Jason regardless, they have never really had a both at 100% fight with each other that I can recall.

Yet look at all the cheap crap jason pulled on dick, and dick still won.

I'm not gonna discredit the win and I thank you for posting the scans. I'm just saying they never really had a fight where both were at 100%. Jason's only advantage on DIck is a willingness to fight dirty but as I stated before and what you previously quoted from me is not enough cause it hasn't won Jason a fight between the two nor will it in the future. Nightwing is just plain better than Jason.

Kinasin_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#153  Edited By Kinasin_

@Recoil1985 said:

There are dozens, if not hundreds of ways Battle of the Cowl could have concluded with Grayson earning the cowl and Todd not suffering such a blatant defeat. So to me, discrediting the outcome by simply dubbing it as PIS feels like a totally moot point to me, because as a Jason Todd fan, I have no real gripes about what went down. Grayson is more skilled where-as Todd is the dirtier fighter and will rely on other tactics at times. That was represented well and honestly, Dick Grayson should take a majority over Todd. There's no shame whatsoever in admitting that, friends.

You're right there is no shame. I truthfully like Jason more than Dick. Hell, I truthfully would love to watch Jason dismantle him in some arc in the future.

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#154  Edited By god_spawn  Moderator

@Recoil1985 said:

There are dozens, if not hundreds of ways Battle of the Cowl could have concluded with Grayson earning the cowl and Todd not suffering such a blatant defeat. So to me, discrediting the outcome by simply dubbing it as PIS feels like a totally moot point to me, because as a Jason Todd fan, I have no real gripes about what went down. Grayson is more skilled where-as Todd is the dirtier fighter and will rely on other tactics at times. That was represented well and honestly, Dick Grayson should take a majority over Todd. There's no shame whatsoever in admitting that, friends.

Agreed 100%. I prefer Jason over Nightwing by a fair margin but I don;t have a problem with Jason losing to Grayson. Now if Jason loses to Tim or Damian, then I have a problem.

TheAnnihilator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

#155  Edited By TheAnnihilator

@Recoil1985 said:

RainEffect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 2

#156  Edited By RainEffect
@ThexX said:

@RainEffect: I don't say he would be better then Bruce. I just prefer his way (Jason)

I had a big discussion a while back (that, sadly, turned into an argument) with people who said Jason would be a better Batman than Bruce. They basically said that, Bruce locks criminals up, but then they just escape and keep wreaking havoc. Jason would kill them, and that would be the end of it. My entire rebuttal against that was a simple fact:

It is because Jason kills that he can't be Batman.

The moment Batman kills the Joker, is the moment that the Joker wins. It sends a message to all of Gotham that Batman is no different to the Joker and that the ideals of virtue and good that Batman tries to inspire in people do not exist. They would lose hope, and Gotham would descend into an even worse level of chaos. Batman is that single light in the darkest night - he is a representation of order, justice and security. 

Sure, Jason might run around Gotham, kill every bad guy and, hey, Gotham might even be better off. But what kind of society would it be? He would be setting himself up as the real villain and lord of crime, because he himself is committing criminal acts. 

I don't care if Jason does run around killing people, but if he wears the Bat symbol whilst doing so, he's disgracing the legacy of it.
Recoil1985

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#157  Edited By Recoil1985
@RainEffect: Hah, happy to hear it.  But don't be fooled, there will always be crazy fans for any character.  But, I'll do my best to try to even things out if I also consider the hero or villain a favorite of mine. 

@god_spawn@Kinasin_: Exactly.  I'll never understand why some people refuse to believe a character they like could lose.  It's not insulting or turning your back on the character.  When all is said and done, I like Nightwing, but I find Todd far more interesting as a character.  Knowing he'd eventually get a haymaker or kick to the face from Grayson doesn't make me like him any less.  
Recoil1985

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#158  Edited By Recoil1985
@TheAnnihilator:  Thanks!

@god_spawn said:

@Recoil1985 said:

Agreed 100%. I prefer Jason over Nightwing by a fair margin but I don;t have a problem with Jason losing to Grayson. Now if Jason loses to Tim or Damian, then I have a problem.

Well... I guess we'll have to just wait and see on that one.  Although, I agree with you that Todd should wipe the floor with Damian.  The only way the kid stands a chance is with some major factors on his side... getting the jump on Todd, major prep, etc. 

MAN AND ROBIN #11
Written by PETER J. TOMASI
Art and cover by PATRICK GLEASON and MICK GRAY
On sale JULY 11 • 32 pg, FC, $2.99 US • RATED T
DAMIAN makes good on his decision to defeat each ROBIN, and in a brilliant show of arrogance, starts with RED HOOD!
• The army of BATFREAKS is dead set on avenging their plight starts with the people of Gotham City!

TheAnnihilator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#159  Edited By TheAnnihilator

@Recoil1985: You deserve it.

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#160  Edited By god_spawn  Moderator

@Recoil1985: I know about the solicits and that's strictly why I mentioned it in my previous post lol.

Recoil1985

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#161  Edited By Recoil1985
@god_spawn: Ah, okay.  I guess we'll have a lot to talk about when that issue finally comes around.  I think Tomasi is doing an impressive job with Batman & Robin so I'm cautiously optimistic for Damian's "destroy all Robins" quest.  I must say that the "in a brilliant show of arrogance" line gives me hope that he'll be in over his head, and hopefully the battle will reflect that. 
RoyalDivinity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#162  Edited By RoyalDivinity

@RainEffect said:

@ThexX said:

I had a big discussion a while back (that, sadly, turned into an argument) with people who said Jason would be a better Batman than Bruce. They basically said that, Bruce locks criminals up, but then they just escape and keep wreaking havoc. Jason would kill them, and that would be the end of it. My entire rebuttal against that was a simple fact:

It is because Jason kills that he can't be Batman.

The moment Batman kills the Joker, is the moment that the Joker wins. It sends a message to all of Gotham that Batman is no different to the Joker and that the ideals of virtue and good that Batman tries to inspire in people do not exist. They would lose hope, and Gotham would descend into an even worse level of chaos. Batman is that single light in the darkest night - he is a representation of order, justice and security.

Sure, Jason might run around Gotham, kill every bad guy and, hey, Gotham might even be better off. But what kind of society would it be? He would be setting himself up as the real villain and lord of crime, because he himself is committing criminal acts. I don't care if Jason does run around killing people, but if he wears the Bat symbol whilst doing so, he's disgracing the legacy of it.

Jason wouldn't make a better Batman, but he is what Gotham needs for the time.

As for the no killing concept of Batman, that would fall under the category of stepping out of society in a sense. Execution was common back then where it wasn't to step out of society, but generally accepted in the past. A psychological fact is that of a person steps outside of a certain society, some people repleting said society WILL step up to protect it because it endangers that sense of community and because that person stepped outside their boundaries. That's what the men that rebelled against the British knew what they were doing and knew the consequences. They were doing something wrong to do what they knew was right. Batman doesn't represent order, justice, and security. Criminals such as Catwoman he will occasionally let slide despite committing misdemeanors. Batman acts based on self preservation, not that of representation depicting order and justice. His very presence is what spawned Gotham's most notorious villains to life.

Batman himself commits crimes as well. Just by being a vigilante is committing a crime. At least Jason would be getting somewhere in the present when he kills criminals such as Joker and Penguin. From the simplistic view society would see, Jason succeeded in saving lives and his actions would be venerated whereas Batman, would appear to have failed. Jason wouldn't be viewed as a lord of crime nor a villain, he would be viewed as a hero. Why wasn't the U.S viewed as a villain after bombing Hiroshima and Nagasaki? People believe we fight for the preservation of our own nation but in actuality, we're fighting based on immature and incompetent leaders that desire more power. Jason is fighting to protect Gotham, not to become a crime lord.

As for the Batman killing Joker comment, societies of people don't tend to think as deeply as you nor I. Evident by the very Vine itself. Batman utilizes fear as a weapon to fight crime. Is that what he wants to inspire in people as well? In the smarter group of people or everyone? The dumber groups of people will not understand why and unfortunately, dumb to average people replete the majority of society whereas smart people (Book smart, somewhat smart) are a tad bit more rare and depending on their age, they will possibly lack such wisdom to understand such concepts as Batman himself is a genius and not everyone can expect to think on his level. There's a quote that I like to say; "People never remember the times you're right but will always remember the times you were wrong". A vast majority of people will remember Batman not for what he supposedly stood for, but for how he failed.

Jason's method for killing people is more logical than Batman's in today's world. Batman can be a brilliant shining star in another world where such a society wasn't poorly forged by politics, advertisements, limitations, sociological mind control, and so much more.

DTFB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#163  Edited By DTFB

didnt batman say dick grayson was more gifted than the other 2

Strider1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#164  Edited By Strider1992

Who'll win the fight or who's the most awesome? Grayson wins in a fight but Jason is so much more bada$$!

Recoil1985

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#165  Edited By Recoil1985

@Strider92 said:

Who'll win the fight or who's the most awesome? Grayson wins in a fight but Jason is so much more bada$$!

Truth.

Jayfournines

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#166  Edited By Jayfournines

Nightwing wins this after a fight that tests him in every way

TDK_1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 153

User Lists: 13

#167  Edited By TDK_1997

Dick Grayson wins.

Romulus9000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#168  Edited By Romulus9000

Dick Grayson has and will always continue to defeat Jason Todd.

Nelomaxwell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#169  Edited By Nelomaxwell

Didn't Dick smash jason's head into the wall when he was Batman. Dick wins.

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#170  Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator

@Nelomaxwell said:

Didn't Dick smash jason's head into the wall when he was Batman. Dick wins.

Yes, and Todd also shot him in point blank range. They didn't really have any fair fights during Batman & Robin.

htb106

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#171  Edited By htb106

@Gambler: Jason's Mom/ Mum.

htb106

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#172  Edited By htb106

Dick has more experience and has been Batman, he probably has superior fighting skills to Jason but when Jason was brought back he was trained by the All-caste.

Jason also wouldn't hold back, he'd kill Dick if he had to.

I'd still say Nightwing wins assuming Jason can't call for backup.

darktiger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#173  Edited By darktiger

I say Dick grayson More experienced,better fighter,faster,and smarter,and stronger

darktiger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#174  Edited By darktiger

anyone else

Avatar image for yourneighborhoodcomicgeek
YourNeighborhoodComicGeek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 15

Dick Grayson is more skilled than Jason Todd since he was Robin longer, plus he's a natural acrobat. However, Jason Todd is on par with Dick Grayson and uses lethal fighting skills, which is what usually makes him an even match for Dick Grayson, or at least for a while. If Dick Grayson decided to use lethal fighting skills he would take down Jason Todd a lot quicker.

That being said, Todd is a better character.

"Be water my friend"

No Caption Provided
darktiger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#176  Edited By darktiger

@YourNeighborhoodComicGeek said:

Dick Grayson is more skilled than Jason Todd since he was Robin longer, plus he's a natural acrobat. However, Jason Todd is on par with Dick Grayson and uses lethal fighting skills, which is what usually makes him an even match for Dick Grayson, or at least for a while. If Dick Grayson decided to use lethal fighting skills he would take down Jason Todd a lot quicker.

I say "Be water my friend"

No Caption Provided

I say dick is a better character

thespideyguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#177  Edited By thespideyguy

@Gambler said:

Who was the blonde?

his mamma

thespideyguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#178  Edited By thespideyguy

battle for the cowl

batman and robin (the new old one by grant morrison, before flashpoint.)

frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#179  Edited By frozen  Moderator

Dick.

80sBaby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#180  Edited By 80sBaby

"Be water my friend"

No Caption Provided

I agree with everything here EXCEPT the part about Jason being a better character.

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#181  Edited By god_spawn  Moderator

This is where ReVamp always gets to laugh at me.

darktiger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#182  Edited By darktiger

@80sBaby said:

"Be water my friend"

No Caption Provided

I agree with everything here EXCEPT the part about Jason being a better character.

I agree that dick is a better character and is a better fighter

Alexander505

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#183  Edited By Alexander505

Dick is better than Jason, IMHO.

Dick win.

darktiger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#184  Edited By darktiger

@Alexander505 said:

Dick win.

agreed you and me have a lot of things we agree on

NerdsFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#185  Edited By NerdsFTW

@Methos said:

god no...

Dick all the way

M

darktiger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#186  Edited By darktiger

@NerdsFTW said:

@Methos said:

god no...

Dick all the way

M

agreed

TheMinister

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#187  Edited By TheMinister

@Alexander505 said:

Dick win.

darktiger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#188  Edited By darktiger

@TheMinister said:

@Alexander505 said:

Dick win.

all the way he proved it in the Battle for the Cowl

Alexander505

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#189  Edited By Alexander505

But in the Court of Owls has shown, however, that it is still far enough away from his mentor.

darktiger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#190  Edited By darktiger

@Alexander505 said:

But in the Court of Owls has shown, however, that it is still far enough away from his mentor.

hey my friend and I think that Dick Grayson is almost ready to fight Batman and win at least 4 times in a 10 round fighting match

Alexander505

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#191  Edited By Alexander505

No, it is not. William Cobb almost killed Dick. On the contrary, Bruce beat Cobb without his suit, and beat finally Cobb after being tortured for days.

darktiger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#192  Edited By darktiger

@Alexander505 said:

No, it is not. William Cobb almost killed Dick. On the contrary, Bruce beat Cobb without his suit, and beat finally Cobb after being tortured for days.

he did never mind then

Alexander505

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#193  Edited By Alexander505

It 'was a good example to understand how good Bruce compared with Dick.

However, it is interesting. Dick stalled against Deathstroke, when Dick was Batman, against Cobb instead was going to be nearly killed him. William Cobb is perhaps one of the greatest fighters in the world?

darktiger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#194  Edited By darktiger

@Alexander505 said:

It 'was a good example to understand how good Bruce compared with Dick.

However, it is interesting. Dick stalled against Deathstroke, when Dick was Batman, against Cobb instead was going to be nearly killed him. William Cobb is perhaps one of the greatest fighters in the world?

maybe

Pokergeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#195  Edited By Pokergeist

I like Red Hood. Hes boss. Nightwing is classy. But nowhere ever near Batman himself. Not until he carries a Nuclear bomb in his belt. lol

Avatar image for they_killed_cap_
They Killed Cap!

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think this fight is really close. I would probably go with Dick.

TheGraySon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#197  Edited By TheGraySon

Everybody loves Dick.

Avatar image for blacklightning13
Blacklightning13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Dick beats jason.

Also Bruce can beat Dick in at least 7/10, could be 9/10.

edwardx1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#199  Edited By edwardx1

Dick/Nightwing. It's not even a question. Sure, i like jason and he can hold his own pretty well, but in the end, nightwing wins. he's beaten him a couple times already.

jason is awesome and i like him and nightwing the same, but nightwing is more skilled at fighting. often considered batman's equal in combat. and surpasses batman in leadership.

Rick_Grayson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#200  Edited By Rick_Grayson

Nightwing all the way