#1 Posted by Joygirl (19325 posts) - - Show Bio

Does Batman always win?

...Not necessarily.

Those associated with Jarlaxle Baenre will know that he is absolutely uncanny in a very Batman-esque way. As far as I know, he has never even really been challenged by anyone. He has enough magical items on him at all times to overcome most fantasy challenges, and his intellect and charisma are nearly unmatched....

So, without further ado.

Jarlaxle

vs.

Batman

---------------------

- 6 months prep

- Each combatant does their prep in their own world. They can, via some plot device, use their stuff with equal effect in their neutral battleground (Khazan Arena).

#2 Posted by Floopay (8721 posts) - - Show Bio

lol.

Jarlaxle with prep. I mean...the guy has so much magic equipment.....I can't imagine what he would be capable of with 6 months of prep against 1 single target.

I would say Jarlaxle, because he's older, arguably as intelligent, easily has more tricks up his sleeve than Batman (yeah, I said it), more cunning, and at the end of the day much, much more lethal. And as a drow with no morals to begin with who views himself and his race superior to all others, would have no qualms killing Batman instantly. And as a Baenre he very much has the ability to do so.

Heck, I can imagine 1 month into prepping Batman dying of some Death spell cast by some random artifact in Jarlaxle's arsenal.

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

#3 Posted by Joygirl (19325 posts) - - Show Bio

@Floopay said:

lol.

Jarlaxle with prep. I mean...the guy has so much magic equipment.....I can't imagine what he would be capable of with 6 months of prep against 1 single target.

I would say Jarlaxle, because he's older, arguably as intelligent, easily has more tricks up his sleeve than Batman (yeah, I said it), more cunning, and at the end of the day much, much more lethal. And as a drow with no morals to begin with who views himself and his race superior to all others, would have no qualms killing Batman instantly. And as a Baenre he very much has the ability to do so.

Heck, I can imagine 1 month into prepping Batman dying of some Death spell cast by some random artifact in Jarlaxle's arsenal.

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

This is actually what I was thinking. But against Batman you generally have to over-pitch a bit -- since, y'know, he can defeat lung cancer with a carton of cigarettes.

But Jarlaxle has, like, a Ring of Three Wishes on each finger. and a big pile of them in his extradimensional holes. I daresay he may be able to take Batman without prep.

#4 Posted by Floopay (8721 posts) - - Show Bio

@Joygirl: I honestly see Jarlaxle killing Batman before the 6 months is over while they are both still supposed to be preparing for their fight....

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

#5 Posted by Joygirl (19325 posts) - - Show Bio

@Floopay:

*Jarlaxle glances down at ring on his finger*

"Would be a lot easier to just... hmm... oh, but that would be cheating....

*glances back at ring*

"Oh well, never said I was above cheating. I wish Batman was dead."

Jarlaxle wins.

Fatality.

Flawless victory.

#6 Posted by Joygirl (19325 posts) - - Show Bio

Hesitant bump.

#7 Posted by Batman242 (4860 posts) - - Show Bio

@Joygirl said:

@Floopay:

*Jarlaxle glances down at ring on his finger*

"Would be a lot easier to just... hmm... oh, but that would be cheating....

*glances back at ring*

"Oh well, never said I was above cheating. I wish Batman was dead."

Jarlaxle wins.

Fatality.

Flawless victory.

LOL. I don't know who Jarlaxle is, but he sounds pretty badass.

#8 Posted by Andy Steven Summers (5169 posts) - - Show Bio

Jarlaxle is a beast. Hands down one of my favorite characters. He is covered from head to toe in magical items. (Would say more but avoiding some things because of spoilers.)

#9 Posted by name12345 (560 posts) - - Show Bio

BUT what if Batman brings The Bat??

#10 Posted by alcoholbob (1192 posts) - - Show Bio

Jarlaxle is like a walking museum of epic-level magic items, he could win without adding any additional gear from prep.

#11 Posted by Rumble Man (11119 posts) - - Show Bio

@name12345 said:

BUT what if Batman brings The Bat??

he needs alfred to wipe his butt

#12 Posted by dondave (36124 posts) - - Show Bio

Jarlaxle

#13 Posted by name12345 (560 posts) - - Show Bio

@Rumble Man said:

@name12345 said:

BUT what if Batman brings The Bat??

he needs alfred to wipe his butt

heh no but seriously, what if he does?

#14 Posted by Rumble Man (11119 posts) - - Show Bio

@name12345: He was there when Bruce's parents went away, its legit

#15 Posted by Picallo3798 (215 posts) - - Show Bio

Jarlaxle. Too many items and his Prep is epic. He looks at things from a "big picture" point of view almost constantly. He has a backup plan for his backup plan etc etc. He wins.

#16 Posted by Aetherius (120 posts) - - Show Bio

Jarlaxle of course