Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Alakemega123

•This is a sea battle

•Both countries are given 500 destroyers

•Leading the Korean navy is yi-sun-sin

•Leading the British navy is horatio Nelson

• The two are given 5 years of training on the ships and its capabilities as well as modern warfare

Round two

•Land battle

•Japanese army has 1000 samurai with Calvary

•British army has 1000 knights with Calvary

• they are led and trained by Richard lionheart

•Japanese army has been trained by miyamoto musashi

•They are led by Oda nobunaga

copete

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

•This is a sea battle

•Leading the Japanese navy is yi-sun-sin

•They are both given knowledge and training on the ships and modern warfare.

Round two

•Land battle

Fix that, he is not Japanese lol

lettsplay10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@copete said:
@alakemega123 said:

•This is a sea battle

•Leading the Japanese navy is yi-sun-sin

Round two

•Land battle

Fix that, he is not Japanese lol

Alakemega123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Alakemega123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

XioKenji

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

•This is a sea battle

•Leading the Korean navy is yi-sun-sin

Round two

•Land battle

Japan reks the ground battle via hax leader and hax trainer.

_Gaff_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

I think Yi's feats were more impressive.

Defeating over 133 ships with only 13. Very impressive.

Noone301994

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Britain wins.

DarthAznable

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Knights? They packing plate armor?

Alakemega123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Alakemega123
Avatar image for jesusthesefanboys
Jesusthesefanboys

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Britain

Alakemega123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Jesusthesefanboys

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@alakemega123: I need to brush up on my history but for the land battle wouldn't plate armour give them a massive advantage. Also wasn't Japanese steel quite bad?.

Alakemega123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Jesusthesefanboys

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@alakemega123: ? really can i see some source or proof. Plate armour with claymores, spears, polearms seems like gg to me.

Alakemega123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Jesusthesefanboys

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@alakemega123: Dude a Katana is useless against them. I know that for sure. A guy in mail and a katana and the other guy is in full plate and has a halberd or claymore. I don't see how japan doesn't get stomped in the land battle.

Also the katana was a last resort weapon btw

Alakemega123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jesusthesefanboys: the weapon being used isn't a katana and I'll change it form plate armor I didn't know it was so strong.

XioKenji

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@alakemega123:

Are we getting any specific equipment ? Katanas were useless and if we go by japan's leader, the guy came packed with cannons and rifles during the Sengoku era.

johnfrank120

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Britain wins then they wreck France just for good measure.

Alakemega123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@xiokenji: the equipment used is the weapons and armor used by nobunaga's soldiers

copete

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Japan wrecks

Alakemega123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Chazz85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Britain Round 1 cos well we ruled the waves

Japan Round 2 Due to great leader and trainer and samurai

Alakemega123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@chazz85: do you think Horatio Nelson is a better admiral than yi-sun-sin

Etheral_Dreams

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Etheral_Dreams

Britain wins round 1. I can see Japan winning round 2 actually, I overlooked Oda Nobunaga.

sinikettu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By sinikettu

Japanese Samurai cavalry would wreck plate wearing knights even without arquebuses. The knights in plate are only as good as their horses and the Samurai would have no qualms in shooting down their horses with their bows before charging in to melee with their long lances (Yari) or heavy two-hand cudgels such as Kanabö-Tetsubo.

In fact it was such a major and popular tactic among Samurai to kill the enemy horses first that using mounted troops despite the advantages declined significantly as Sengoku Jidai progressed.

A medieval knight in comparison... declined the use of bows as "unchivalrous and peasantry" and would be honourbound NOT to KILL the enemy horse and so on... Though they did get rid of that 'good guy image' sometime after meeting their first Viking armies and adopted more 'practical' outlook on warfare from then on. Still their main weapons would be a lance charge to break enemy formations and then to continue with either axes, swords or maces up until the advent of practical firearms and development in infantry tactics using pike formations made the heavily armoured knights mostly obsolete as a military force around the15th century.

I can't really say who would win the naval combat since it's not really in my field of interest and expertise but I'd go with the Brits, they had undisputed the best navy in the world for a reason up until WW-II and I doubt they've slacked much since.

thelocust619

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Korean army solos by punching holes in everyone. With just their ears. You see their retarded dbz logic training sessions? Those guys are terrifying. Stupid, but terrifying.

thelocust619

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By thelocust619

@alakemega123: woah lol...first off, old school katanas sucked as far as purity, they were only marginally better in that regard due to the folding process, which is obsolete now. Second, katanas suck in general. They are only useful against a completely unarmored target (in that they are unparalleled), but even the best katana can be f**ked royally by even an old dry stick. It's like comparing a box cutter to a buck knife...sure the box cutter will cut better...once....but you cut one piece of drywall n it's ruined. A basic bronze broadsword would break a katana in half, anyone intending to rely on one for any form of combat outside of a duel is retarded.

In short, the only thing a katana does better than another sword is cut the stuff that no sword has any trouble cutting anyway lmao. If given the choice between a katana or basic armguards, I'd take the armguards every time.

Avatar image for kaijukinggojira
KaijuKingGojira

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Korea and Japan could never cooperate as allies no more than Japan can cooperate with China.

sinikettu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

thelocust619

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By thelocust619

@sinikettu: I clearly own, use, and maintain 24 of them (swords, only 3 katana), try again lol all you've shown with that comment is how much you yourself are lacking, kid.

MrHamWallet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The knights stomp the samurai, the majority of their weapons are completely useless against plate armour. As for the naval warfare probably Britain, other than special forces it's like the one thing we're good at.

sinikettu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By sinikettu

@thelocust619: Yeah, you own cheap market katanas not the real deals brat.

Shinjiro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

People still think that Katanas would wreck plate armor. I don't know where they live to say that.

thelocust619

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By thelocust619

@sinikettu: 1 folded steel, one hard forged, one laminated. All real, kid. Cheapo katanas don't require maintainance, they're usually stainless. Good luck using one, too lol. Learn a thing or two before you open your mouth, you'll at least look smarter.

They're not the magic swords you see in movies, little one. The only thing special about a katana is that they are two handed swords with the weight of a one handed sword, sacrificing durability and endurance for speed while maintaining power due to the two handed nature.

Wut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Good thing it is just England and not France or the Germany (HRE). That would have been a fairly cruel stomp. Their knights were fairly insane with their advanced plate and armored horses. England wasn't much of... anything in the late medieval era once plate had advanced past the longbows ability to do jack to it. They didn't become a factor again until blackpowder.

Japan can win if it is late sengoku period and so they have rifles.

@sinikettu: Knights were still the dominate unit till very late 15th century as seen by the French Gendarmes and this is back when swiss pikes and landsknect were heavily used. Pike and Shot is what made heavy cavalry obsolete save for flanking or rear charges which is a role they would have all the way through the Napoleonic era.

Pikes alone were not what did it due to knights armoring their horses as well to make the 'shoot/stab the horses!' something that was a laughable to attempt. It was the ability to send riflemen up, gun down the knights, then retreat behind nearby pikemen that did it making such heavily armored, expensive cavalry units simply not cost effective anymore.

@thelocust619:

No Caption Provided

thelocust619

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wut: wtf lmao I'm dying..."Very sharp! You go buy now!"

Wut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thelocust619: "M-my Lord! We have converted another filthy Gaijin into believing the power of the Katana!"

"Excellent! Now... make him buy our overpriced swords like the ones he has seen in his animooooos! Katana! Folded 1,000 times to earn us more money! The Land of the Rising Sun shall Rise AGAIN! Filthy Gaijin know your place!"

"... M-my lord! I-I forgot to close the curtain! The Gaij.... customer heard you!"

"... SHAMEFUR DISPRAY!"

thelocust619

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wut: "We rill shell them awe city knockoffs and keep awe the magic dasmascus ones for oursewfs!"

I can't breath lol what was that, though? Was that from a thing because if so I need to see it

Wut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thelocust619: XD No, I just wrote it a bit ago.

The gif one though is because that Japanese plane and really wonky hit boxes, so you could ram other ships and come out fine, even hit the ground and just bounce back up. I believe they fixed that now, used to be hilarious though.

thelocust619

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By thelocust619

@wut: oh wow that was good, man. Hit the nail right on the head lol but yea that sounds like Just Cause levels of shenanigans lol

I'll be honest, though, I only own the folded steel katana because it was like my third real piece. I was a n00by believer once, way back in the day... lol the shame. Now it's just a pain in my a$$ with the endless oiling and cleaning.

Wut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thelocust619: Lol I intend to buy a Katana one day as well. Not my favorite swords and what not, but I like them just fine. It is the cultist that I hate.

Jacthripper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@leo-343 said:

Great Britain lays the smack down.

thelocust619

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By thelocust619

@wut: My laminated one is my favorite, I'd recommend that (Laminated meaning its like 3/5ths hard metal over a 2/5ths softer core/spine.) It's got the best balance of the three, and I suspect it might be the strongest but I really don't wanna mess it up finding out lol.

Wut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By Wut

@thelocust619: I will definitely keep it in mind. Given their usual prices, I would rather get one that will last me a good while and be a good purchase. :D

thelocust619

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By thelocust619

@wut: Do some research into maintainance to get a good idea of what to expect...you have to treat it like a baby compared to other swords lol. No cutting dry wood or most live wood, anything hard, anything too thick for your level, and practice first cuz even cutting slightly wrong (on one of the honestly few things there are that it can safely cut) can mess the blade up seriously. Clean (thoroughly...otherwise the powder used to remove the previous oil will also remove the new oil, resulting in spotted rust) and oil after every use/couple cuts, and once a month regardless (I sometimes skip a month, no harm no foul, its just riskier...that rust is always lurking, waiting to strike). It...kinda sucks lol but it will last for as long as you care for it.

sinikettu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thelocust619:Yeah, yeah learn to troll child. I know more about blades than you ever will but that's not what this thread is about If you had actually understood what you were reading little child you would have noticed that I never said that a Katana or any other sword would cleanly cut through a proper plate mail. It's what flanged maces, tetsubo's, war hammers and other blunt weapons were for. No sword, Asian or otherwise can take a solid block of oak or a piece of steel without some damage to the blade edge. There's a reason why they were considered expensive to own and noticeably softer steel than say an Axe head and that's because its better to have your sword bend slightly out of shape or have it's edge fold than chip or break it completely when it hits bone or metal.

@wut:I didn't feel the need to start an essay about formations of Spanish squares and how it was relevant to change in cavalry tactics and the obsolition of knights or how the Dutch broke the terchio-based tactics in turn. It wasn't just handguns that broke knights but heavy crossbows and field artillery, yes artillery was a thing even before Gustaphus Adolph II made it to be in vogue with his more manoeuvrable "mini" cannons at the thirty year war.

thelocust619

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By thelocust619

@sinikettu: Why did you just tell me all that? Lol I didn't say anything about a sword cutting through metal. Why would anyone hit a solid block of oak or steel? What do axes and maces have to do with swords? None of that has anything to do with me or anything I said. I didn't even address puncturing any kind of mail...I talked about how katanas are not particularly useful for any kind of armored combat at all, especially compared to...basically anything else you'd actually see in use on the field lol.

Is there something about me that just attracts all the hateful ones that don't even read my posts before responding? What am I doing wrong? :*(

Lol anyway let's back up before this gets nasty, alright? Now...what is it that even prompted your initial comment? Because at this point I feel like you mixed me up with someone else