No Caption Provided

Who wins and why?

serrure

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 17

id like to say Team 2 but Team has the firepower and the ability to use it from a distance to down the Mutants

Noone301994

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Either team 1 or stalemate. Couldn't the bounty hunters just hover out of range?

Jacthripper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Jacthripper

Team 1

What the hell is up with that Wolverine and Laura pic?

Frisky4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Team 2.

itsomething

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Team 2 6/10

itsomething

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'd normally vote for Team 2, but @i_like_swords pointed out last time that Team 1 has seriously crazy gear.

@serrure said:

id like to say Team 2 but Team has the firepower and the ability to use it from a distance to down the Mutants

Gear won't help much in the location given

Either team 1 or stalemate. Couldn't the bounty hunters just hover out of range?

No, to many trees for that to be of any use

reaverlation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@i_like_swords vs @wolverine08

itsomething

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Noone301994

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Noone301994

No Caption Provided

Avatar image for Oreoassassin421
OreoAssassin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Team 2. The Fetts have extremely deadly gear but i feel like the Marvel duo can close the gap before any real damage sets in.

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 jashro44  Online
itsomething

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@noone301994: Let's continue this in a PM (jas is going to be pissed for derailing this thread)

itsomething

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jashro44: really sorry man (I'll delete my posts) :/

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 jashro44  Online
itsomething

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jashro44 said:

@itsomething said:

Its cool and much appreciated.

yeah, I have a really big knack of derailing threads (if you haven't already noticed) curiosity get's the better of me.

anyways back on topic. Who in your opinion get's the winning title here? (I don't think anyone would consider this biased since it's already so close....)

Noone301994

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jashro44 said:

@itsomething said:

Its cool and much appreciated.

Lol yeah sorry. I don't mean to derail threads. Sometimes it just happens. I'll delete mine too.

nefarious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Team Fett.

itsomething

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 jashro44  Online

Lol yeah sorry. I don't mean to derail threads. Sometimes it just happens. I'll delete mine too.

Thanks and no problem.

yeah, I have a really big knack of derailing threads (if you haven't already noticed) curiosity get's the better of me.

anyways back on topic. Who in your opinion get's the winning title here? (I don't think anyone would consider this biased since it's already so close....)

I'd rather not comment on my thread at the moment.

itsomething

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 jashro44  Online
Rexorr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Rexorr

Team one.

itsomething

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Rexorr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@itsomething Because they have better equiptment- they can blast them with rockets enough until wolverine cannot regen fast enough.

mr_annihilate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Team 1. the fetts can use the range advantage i think if they can incap them

itsomething

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rexorr said:

@itsomething Because they have better equiptment- they can blast them with rockets enough until wolverine cannot regen fast enough.

They won't be able to even get enough glimpses of Logan. Equipment won't necessarily help if it's in a dense and trippy jungle.

Rexorr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Oh, just noticed the jungle- Then team 2 prob takes it.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e8a1f5fafc4e
deactivated-5e8a1f5fafc4e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This is a pretty tough fight to call. Wolverine is an absolute b#tch to put down for an incapacitation, although it's not impossible. Laura is easier but her healing is still serviceable enough to cause issues for the Fett's. The environment doesn't really favour either side here. Wolverine has better stealth feats than either Fett while the Mandalorians have absurd tracking capabilities which will serve to keep the healers in their radar. The environment favours the melee team but Boba and Jango's armor and jetpacks would be sufficient to batter through branches in order to get some height. They could even sit on trees to conserve fuel. From there they have their tracking HUD which links up directly with their weapons, which will help them both track and target the other team.

Wolverine is extremely fast. Now, the Fett's are certainly capable of tagging him some of the time, like they have Jedi who are at least as fast as Logan. But the problem is they haven't tagged those Jedi every time they've shot at them, so Logan will certainly be able to dodge some shots. His healing will also aid him, although their super-modified blasters are bound to be able to bust him wide open. Although Logan can fight with massive burn damage and missing areas of his body and he can heal through it once his healing overcomes the cauterized wounds.

As for clearing the distance, the healers would need to be able to take the Fetts out of the trees, or climb up trees and apply non-stop pressure until their jetpacks run out of fuel. Using this method they're bound to get hit far more, but it's their best shot at closing the gap.

Can the Fetts put them down for a majority? It's hard to say. Their usual fail-safe weapons for CQC like nerve poison darts, poison/knock out gas, sonic emitters and even their flamethrowers will likely only serve as annoyances. Their own CQC skill is commendable, enough not to just die as soon as they're put in front of their opponents, but staying in that range is a guaranteed death for them - against Logan, anyway.

They have a healthy amount of explosive power between them between their jetpack missiles and wrist-rockets. Jango's Westar-34 pistols fire blaster rounds that would melt regular blaster pistols, so his weapon has been constructed with a special dallorian alloy. Fett's EE-3 Carbine rifle is said to be even more powerful than Jango's pistols, which, judging by it's ability to oneshot speeders and light up the landscape, is probably true. They can also heighten the settings of these weapons for increased damage, but they'll use up a lot more ammo this way which may not be in their best interest.

I would likely back the Fetts for a 6/10, primarily due to their flight capabilities. The ability to just sit in a tree or hover in the air and pick apart their opponents leads me to believe that more often than not they'll pick up the W. However it could go either way depending on what showings we use for the healer's regenerative capabilities. With some of their low-end stuff it'll be a quick fight, with their high-end stuff they could end up closing the gap in a hurry. From what I can tell, it would take the majority of the Fett's arsenal to finish off either healer on average, which in this scenario I can see them dealing out due to the environment, but the healers will take a fair amount of their own wins due to their capacity to bust through the Fett's armor and tank a lot of damage on the way in.

Avatar image for deactivated-5dace575ce059
deactivated-5dace575ce059

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@itsomething said:

No Caption Provided

LOL

DarthManhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I would agree with ILS, ranged attack and flight is whats going to help the Fetts the most here. Although they could hang for a little while in hand 2 hand I feel Laura and Logan eventually could break through the mandalorian armor and get the ko/kill. But I think the heavy amount of firepower the Fetts bring should be able to down them for a very slight majority. Then again Wolvie and X-23 heal ridiculously fast specially Logan so it will be a real chore trying to do so. I believe the Fetts with firepower,flight,(this is what keeps them alive), and advanced tracking should get them a majority 6/10.

DarthManhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Great battle by the way.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

@i_like_swords vs @wolverine08

Would love these 2 to do a CAV on Wolverine vs Boba Fett.

Avatar image for super_soldierxii
Super_SoldierXII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

100 feet apart and visible. Fetts are used to dealing with both ranged and melee in Jedi.

Can see both teams winning pending on who starts fighting smarter first.

Only chance the Fett's have is to stay at range and blast away. Problem is, through the trees at a 100 feet away at the outset, they'll be missing. A lot. With the foliage and the mutant's natural speed, stealth and martial abilities, landing a shot will be far from easy - let alone enough shots to drop any one of them (especially Logan). They'll be forced to try to close the distance to try and open an opportunity for a cleaner shot, placing themselves in danger in so doing. Anything within 30 feet either vertical, horizontal or combination of both will place them at risk of Logan immediately abridging the remaining distance.

Wolverine and Laura will be using the trees as cover and when they see the type of damage the blasters are causing all around them, they will exercise caution. They are no strangers to dodging what will be immediately obvious as superior firepower. Firepower that could potentially drop them. They'll go stealth mode and will be less apt to try their hand at tanking the damage.

1. If the Fetts try to get above the foliage, and if they use infrared to track the two grounded mutants below, and if they have tracking / homing missiles or firepower they can then unleash from said distance, then yeah, the Fetts take it.
  2. If they try to go for a cleaner shot and engage head to head (as they've been wont to do with Jedi from time to time) then I feel they will lose this one badly.

Guess the question is, which of the two scenarios are the Fetts more liable to attempt?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@super_soldierxii: I think this scan sums it up nicely.

No Caption Provided

Also bare in mind both Fett's have access to sniper weaponry, Boba in the form of a foldable stock and enhanced scope for his carbine, Jango in the form of an actual sniper rifle (seen above). They could them apart from a distance.

itsomething

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Still think mutants 6-7/10 win

RisingBean

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wolverine and 23. Environment is the deciding factor.

Fetts make it hell before they go down.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wolverine and 23. Environment is the deciding factor.

Why would the environment bother the Fetts? The trees actually help them more than the mutants.

RisingBean

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@i_like_swords: The tree's provide a lot of cover and concealment. (the latter not as helpful when dealing with the Fett's visors.) They will help negate the long distance advantage and slow down movement which ensure that Wolverine and 23 doesn't get shot as much and allows him to play catch up. Also it allows the mutants to gain altitude.

This is going to be a long battle of attrition. Booby traps, stalking, battlefield control are all going to come into play. The fact that Wolverine and 23 have better stats and Adamantium claws and Wolverine has his skeleton make me think that they will edge out a majority in his favored environment.

Another advantage for the mutants is that they are less reliant on equipment. Fuel for the jet packs will run out as will thermal detonators and the like. Given enough time the bounty hunters may even not have the means to use blasters.

It won't be easy and I could see a fight lasting weeks. The Fett's are no joke. But for a majority, I'd edge it to the mutants.

Super_SoldierXII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@i_like_swords:

Also bare in mind both Fett's have access to sniper weaponry, Boba in the form of a foldable stock and enhanced scope for his carbine, Jango in the form of an actual sniper rifle (seen above). They could them apart from a distance.

Problem is they start visible and are tasked to tango.

Not like the Fetts can tactically retreat to set-up a "sniper" type scenario. They are not afforded the "let's hang back and observe, avoid a direct confrontation if we can" type luxury here. The mutants have their scent and can locate them that way. They'll know if they're being suckered and will spot the Fetts if they try to content themselves to remain airborne with scopes at the ready. They're not going to content themselves to play sitting duck to a tactical retreat sniper type scenario.

If the Fett's retreat, hang back, tuck themselves away in foliage and try to snipe, given the setting, the mutants do not necessarily lose advantage as they will not just present themselves to be taken out from afar. They're not dumb and their enhanced senses will tell them what's up. They will use the environment to remain impossible targets to tag while closing the distance. That, and I'm pretty sure this scenario risks constituting battlefield removal under the rules of the board. They will have effectively removed themselves from battle, engaging in a battle of attrition not conductive to battle forum rules (especially if they choose to hover airborne and out of reach).

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@risingbean:

The tree's provide a lot of cover and concealment. (the latter not as helpful when dealing with the Fett's visors.) They will help negate the long distance advantage and slow down movement which ensure that Wolverine and 23 doesn't get shot as much and allows him to play catch up. Also it allows the mutants to gain altitude.

Well, sure, but it also allows the Fett's to just sit in a tree and take pot shots for as long as they need to. As shown, they have problem with being smart and waiting out their opponents. Wolverine and X-23's only chance of winning is getting up close, and in order to do that they need to deal with being shot on the way in. Having a tree to sit on and jetpacks to boost around on is a bigger edge than having a tree to hide behind on the way in.

This is going to be a long battle of attrition. Booby traps, stalking, battlefield control are all going to come into play. The fact that Wolverine and 23 have better stats and Adamantium claws and Wolverine has his skeleton make me think that they will edge out a majority in his favored environment.

Another advantage for the mutants is that they are less reliant on equipment. Fuel for the jet packs will run out as will thermal detonators and the like. Given enough time the bounty hunters may even not have the means to use blasters.

I agree it'll be long. Booby traps, nah, there's not enough resources or time for that. Stalking, sure, but everyone's senses are good enough for that not to be too hard. Battlefield control yes, as in the Fett's being in control by sitting on a tree and the healers seeking to gain control by climbing those trees. Their healing and CQC ability are what make this so difficult to determine, but not the environment IMO.

I mean, take this as a perfect example of what I'm talking about. Distance, height, profit:

Loading Video...

While true the Fett's have limited resources, I'm sure they have enough to, for a majority, incapacitate the healers. Laura in particular could be blown apart by won good bombing run due to her lack of adamantium, at which point Logan is on his own.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@super_soldierxii:

Problem is they start visible and are tasked to tango.

Not like the Fetts can tactically retreat to set-up a "sniper" type scenario. They are not afforded the "let's hang back and observe, avoid a direct confrontation if we can" type luxury here. The mutants have their scent and can locate them that way. They'll know if they're being suckered and will spot the Fetts if they try to content themselves to remain airborne with scopes at the ready. They're not going to content themselves to play sitting duck to a tactical retreat sniper type scenario.

It forces Logan and Laura to move, a lot, on the way in even from a far distance away, and I question their ability to dodge two high-quality snipers firing at them at the same time. Singling out one of the pair would allow the Fetts to do some serious damage.

If the Fett's retreat, hang back, tuck themselves away in foliage and try to snipe, given the setting, the mutants do not necessarily lose advantage as they will not just present themselves to be taken out from afar. They're not dumb and their enhanced senses will tell them what's up. They will use the environment to remain impossible targets to tag while closing the distance. That, and I'm pretty sure this scenario risks constituting battlefield removal under the rules of the board. They will have effectively removed themselves from battle, engaging in a battle of attrition not conductive to battle forum rules (especially if they choose to hover airborne and out of reach).

They don't have to move nearly as far as away as you're suggesting in order to make use of scopes. They wouldn't be BFRing themselves. I'm talking about picking a tree a couple of feet away from them, boosting up, taking a seat, and going ham.

I'm not denying the healers would know they're being shot at. They wouldn't be impossible targets, though. Blaster weaponry will blast clear through trees and their targeting systems that link up directly with their weapon sights will allow them to single out their targets outside of trees ect.

I'm not saying they'll win the fight from a distance, but they can do some damage initially to supplement a closer engagement.

Super_SoldierXII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@i_like_swords:

It forces Logan and Laura to move, a lot, on the way in even from a far distance away, and I question their ability to dodge two high-quality snipers firing at them at the same time. Singling out one of the pair would allow the Fetts to do some serious damage.

Meh. Logan's disappeared in plain sight plenty. Environment favors it and there's just so damn much cover. Given the location and stipulations, hanging back and sniping remains far from convincing for a majority win.

Had they a less advantageous location (with regards cover from fire) then I would go so far as to call this an unfair battle. But a wooded area makes things interesting.

They don't have to move nearly as far as away as you're suggesting in order to make use of scopes. They wouldn't be BFRing themselves. I'm talking about picking a tree a couple of feet away from them, boosting up, taking a seat, and going ham.

Fair enough. But In this case, as mentioned above, I am unconvinced they'd land enough shots to drop Logan & Laura in time ... given all the cover, given they're masters at stealth and given just how damn fast they can cover ground (superhuman in that regard) and then given all the damn damage they can soak. Fetts would land a few shots, but not enough IMHO.

I'm not denying the healers would know they're being shot at. They wouldn't be impossible targets, though. Blaster weaponry will blast clear through trees and their targeting systems that link up directly with their weapon sights will allow them to single out their targets outside of trees ect.

I'm not saying they'll win the fight from a distance, but they can do some damage initially to supplement a closer engagement.

Guess I can't really disagree with this. Not convinced they'll drop them before having to fend off the claws though. That's kind of the point of contention in all of this. I can certainly see why some would find that the Fetts take a majority, I just feel the setting favors the mutants more than it does the bounty hunters (by a fair amount actually) and gives them more than a fighting chance to close the distance before getting dropped - it gives them the majority win here IMHO.

My point wasn't to say they would know they're being shot at (naturally they would), it was originally directed at the idea of the Fetts taking off to find long distance range, setting up shop, or even hovering above the foliage then targeting (the mutants would be aware of such a tactic and react accordingly - they would not be sitting ducks was my point). Which you stated above is not the scenario you've envisioned so it's kind of a moot point.