#1 Posted by XImpossibruX (5029 posts) - - Show Bio

Younger Gordon when Bruce was beginning being Batman

Hand to Hand only

No weapons, no environment usage

Start 20 feet apart

#2 Posted by JonSmith (3809 posts) - - Show Bio

On the one hand, Gordon has police training. On the other, Joker has crazy. Think I'll give it to Gordon, but barely.

#3 Edited by AverageMan (138 posts) - - Show Bio

@JonSmith said:

On the one hand, Gordon has police training. On the other, Joker has crazy. Think I'll give it to Gordon, but barely.

Actually Gordon served in the United States military and was trained in hand-to-hand combat. By his own account, his martial prowess was honed to the point that he could defeat a Green Beret in physical combat. Gordon should win this but I don't know whether it'll be easy or difficult cause you never know what the Joker is capable of.

#4 Posted by XImpossibruX (5029 posts) - - Show Bio

@AverageMan: That's the thing Joker is unpredictable, and you can't read his movements. I wanna say Joker but James seems like he can hold his own

#5 Posted by JediXMan (27938 posts) - - Show Bio

Joker.

#6 Posted by Saren (24333 posts) - - Show Bio

Gordon's defeated Mr. Freeze once.

Moderator Online
#7 Posted by AverageMan (138 posts) - - Show Bio

@XImpossibruX said:

@AverageMan: That's the thing Joker is unpredictable, and you can't read his movements. I wanna say Joker but James seems like he can hold his own

Unpredictable maybe but my point was that you don't know anything about Joker's history background. Even us the readers don't know anything about Joker's history. Joker knows who he is facing and he has enough knowledge about him. Whereas Gordon doesn't know anything apart from that the Joker is a psychopathic, maniac, mass murderer.

#8 Posted by YourNeighborhoodComicGeek (19489 posts) - - Show Bio

I think Joker will know he's outmatched and try and break down Gordon through mental combat.

#9 Posted by XImpossibruX (5029 posts) - - Show Bio

@YourNeighborhoodComicGeek said:

I think Joker will know he's outmatched and try and break down Gordon through mental combat.

Mental combat? Gordon is pretty serious, trained and disciplined.

#10 Posted by YourNeighborhoodComicGeek (19489 posts) - - Show Bio

@XImpossibruX said:

@YourNeighborhoodComicGeek said:

Mental combat? Gordon is pretty serious, trained and disciplined.

I know but I think he will try and toy with Gordon's mind and break him down, while trying to hold him off in hand-to-hand combat.

Unless this is morals off, then Gordon will completely ignore anything Joker says and snap his neck 1 minute into the battle.

#11 Posted by SpawNgengiskhaN (179 posts) - - Show Bio

@YourNeighborhoodComicGeek: That wouldn't happen. The Joker can try and play his little games against Gordan but Gordan will come out on top.

#12 Posted by YourNeighborhoodComicGeek (19489 posts) - - Show Bio

@SpawNgengiskhaN said:

@YourNeighborhoodComicGeek: That wouldn't happen. The Joker can try and play his little games against Gordan but Gordan will come out on top.

Well with morals off Gordon stomps, but with morals on I think Joker has a slight advantage with his unpredictable nature and crazy mind tricks, which could toy around with Gordon a bit before eventually giving a beatdown to Joker.

I'm not saying Joker will win but with morals on he has a method of fighting other than physical combat.

#13 Posted by Erik (29815 posts) - - Show Bio

Gordon.

#14 Posted by spawn_123 (1693 posts) - - Show Bio

Gordon.

#15 Posted by Avaritia (190 posts) - - Show Bio

Gordon if he can handle the Joker's taunts without going berserk 

#16 Posted by Dextersinister (5088 posts) - - Show Bio

Gordon has handled joker easily before, Gordon takes better care of himself and has actual combat training. Unpredictability doesn't mean anything in a fight if you move your arm or leg it's obvious you are gearing up your body to do so. Writers rarely ever represent the joker as physical threat, he normally gets the better of Gordon and people like him by pulling out offensive weaponry.

#17 Posted by TDK_1997 (13687 posts) - - Show Bio

I shall give it to Gordon.

#18 Posted by nickthedevil (11089 posts) - - Show Bio

Gordon would f*ck him up.

#19 Posted by Le_Piaf (180 posts) - - Show Bio
@nickthedevil said:
Gordon would f*ck him up.
#20 Posted by ChaosBlazer (3930 posts) - - Show Bio

Gordon's got this, he is in good shape and has the training, Joker is just a mad dog

#21 Posted by SpawNgengiskhaN (179 posts) - - Show Bio

@YourNeighborhoodComicGeek: I can understand that, but in my opinion when morals are on Gordon just has to knock him out or take him out by not killing him. I still don't think that the Joker is really going to get inside of Gordons head really, I mean the Joker is going to mess with him and waste time but it won't really be effective against Gordon in my opinion. I understand your point though and I understand that you agree that the Joker will lose either way, so I agree with you to a certain extent. I just don't think the Joker will be effective unless he uses another person or a hostage or something which is possible... but if its just him and Gordon and hes playing his little stupid games then Gordon won't be affected in my opinion.

#22 Posted by ComicStooge (9684 posts) - - Show Bio

Gordon owns. He was able to fight off 4 guys, but got hit from behind, only because he had gotten sloppy. He also took out an armed green beret, who was much bigger then he was, totally unarmed.