#1 Posted by Joesoef95 (315 posts) - - Show Bio

I was watching Way of The Dragon on TV and Raging Bull came on after, so I wandered: Who would win in a fight between Bruce Lee and the Bronx Bull?

When I pitted Lee against Muhammad Ali, my friend argued that the little man would be destroyed by the heavyweight. I figured this is a better fight (Jake is middleweight and they're the same height)

Standard MMA rules. Both are in their prime.

Who wins?

#2 Posted by Saren (25332 posts) - - Show Bio

My only knowledge of LaMotta comes from Raging Bull, so I can't comment on whether he could cope with Lee's martial arts skill. He did have skills.

As an aside, Raging Bull is one of the best movies ever made.

#3 Posted by Joesoef95 (315 posts) - - Show Bio

@CitizenBane said:

As an aside, Raging Bull is one of the best movies ever made.

Agreed.

I'm incredibly ashamed to admit how long I've been ignoring this masterpiece just because it's in Black & White :(

#4 Posted by Joesoef95 (315 posts) - - Show Bio

Bump

#5 Posted by demifiend (3575 posts) - - Show Bio

bruce has not feats

any mma fighter could give to little chinese a big trouble

#6 Posted by AMS (1387 posts) - - Show Bio

Bruce would beat Jake.

#7 Posted by LONGTIME (926 posts) - - Show Bio

@AMS said:

Bruce would beat Jake.

Only if the script calls for it.

#8 Posted by TheWitchingHour (1340 posts) - - Show Bio

@demifiend said:

bruce has not feats

Jake LaMotta isn't an MMA fighter. He's Robert DeNiro's character in Raging Bull so onscreen feats do count for both Jake and Bruce.

#9 Posted by saiyan_earthling (5387 posts) - - Show Bio

Bruce

#10 Posted by turoksonofstone (13199 posts) - - Show Bio
@saiyan_earthling said:
Bruce
#11 Posted by AMS (1387 posts) - - Show Bio

@LONGTIME: You mean if there is a ref to stop Bruce from kicking, illegal blows and 10-12 oz gloves more like.......

#12 Edited by ssejllenrad (12847 posts) - - Show Bio

Bruce may be beaten if:

• 1. He cheats and uses the tactics of Jeet Kune Do and so he'll be DQed
  • 2. He gets tagged by Lamotta's punches. I'm leaning towards this as the most probable case.

Lamotta may be beaten if:

• 1. Bruce perfectly traps him with his Wing Chun and follow that up with his barrage leaving Jake vulnerable to 6-12 punches in 2 seconds before he can cover up again.
  • 2. Bruce goes to the ground and does submissions. Problem here is we don't know if Bruce really has the strength to take down and/or grapple with the Bull.
#13 Posted by Joesoef95 (315 posts) - - Show Bio

@TheWitchingHour said:

@demifiend said:

bruce has not feats

Jake LaMotta isn't an MMA fighter. He's Robert DeNiro's character in Raging Bull so onscreen feats do count for both Jake and Bruce.

Uhh Raging Bull is a biopic. Jake LaMotta is a real person.

He's the Middleweight Champion of the world, the first of the very few to beat the legendary Sugar Ray, and considered to have one the best chins in boxing.

#14 Posted by MrBigBalls (236 posts) - - Show Bio

Jake smashes the Dragon.

#15 Posted by eatmore_payless (2210 posts) - - Show Bio

technically bruce have all the dodging prowess he needs to defeat Jake I mean, jake is just a plain ol' skilled boxer while Bruce is a Master of Wing Chun, and Jeet Kune Do

#16 Edited by comicdude23 (11399 posts) - - Show Bio

What is this? Lee never had a competitive fight or a pro record in fighting. LaMotta was one of the best Middleweights ever with a VERY good chin, he was near impossible to KO, he was a Boxer/Puncher with a good Jab. LaMotta's defense is underrated, he could roll with punches, stopping their force, having rythym like Tyson did from 85-88. He had very fast hands and he had only 30 KO's/106 fights but he had fast hand speed, a good chin, good Jab, good defense and a-lot of accuracy. LaMotta would take Bruce's punishment and give his own with his accuracy and fast hands. He also beat a PRIME GOAT SUGAR RAY ROBINSON. 

LaMotta by TKO in 3. 

He over-whelms Bruce with his combos and the ref stops it. 

@eatmore_payless said:

technically bruce have all the dodging prowess he needs to defeat Jake I mean, jake is just a plain ol' skilled boxer while Bruce is a Master of Wing Chun, and Jeet Kune Do

Bruce isn't a ''master'' of Wing Chin and Jeet Kune Do and he didn't fight pro.
#17 Posted by comicdude23 (11399 posts) - - Show Bio
@TheWitchingHour said:

@demifiend said:

bruce has not feats

No. He was a real Boxer and he's still alive today at age 90.
#18 Posted by TheWitchingHour (1340 posts) - - Show Bio

@comicdude23 said:

@TheWitchingHour said:

@demifiend said:

bruce has not feats

No. He was a real Boxer and he's still alive today at age 90.

Yeah I know, I was trying to tell demifiend that he wasn't an MMA fighter and that he was an onscreen character. So both Bruce's onscreen feats and "Jake's" onscreen feats would count. Offscreen feats goes without saying as Bruce Lee was a highly trained fighter and Jake had the middleweight title belt.

#19 Posted by TheWitchingHour (1340 posts) - - Show Bio

@eatmore_payless said:

I see what you're saying, but did you ever see Ip Man 2? The climactic fight was between a Master of Wing Chun and a Western Boxer. It was a very even fight for a while. And the boxer managed to tag Donnie Yen multiple times.

#20 Posted by eatmore_payless (2210 posts) - - Show Bio

@TheWitchingHour said:

@eatmore_payless said:

I see what you're saying, but did you ever see Ip Man 2? The climactic fight was between a Master of Wing Chun and a Western Boxer. It was a very even fight for a while. And the boxer managed to tag Donnie Yen multiple times.

But Ip Man is nothing compared to Bruce, yeah he is Bruce's master but e already surpassed hm in every aspects

#21 Posted by Edgeworth_11 (4656 posts) - - Show Bio

ends in sex.

#22 Edited by kcaz (1371 posts) - - Show Bio

lee could take Muhammad Ali or any heavyweights. his punches and kicks are too powerful,accurate and fast. i dont care how big the guy is,there is always weak spots like the chin,nose,eye,neck or ankle area,where they could never train. 

there was 1 time he performed his famous "unstoppable punch" against USKA world Karate champion vic moore. he told vic that he was going to throw a straight punch to the face, and all he had to do was to try and block it. Lee took several steps back and asked if Moore was ready, when Moore nodded in affirmation, Lee glided towards him until he was within striking range. He then threw a straight punch directly at Moore's face, and stopped before impact. In eight attempts, Moore failed to block any of the punches. this proves how fast his punches were.

he was also very good at using the nunchucks.he was able to play tabble tennis using them   

Physical feats

-Lee's striking speed from three feet with his hands down by his side reached five hundredths of a second.
-In a speed demonstration, Lee could snatch a dime a person's open palm before they could close it,
-Lee performed one-hand push-ups using only the thumb and index finger.
-Lee performed 50 reps of one-arm chin-ups
-Lee could cause a 300-lb (136.08 kg) bag to fly towards and thump the ceiling with a side kick
- lee could hold an elevated v-sit position for 30 minutes or longer
#23 Posted by mgc500 (49 posts) - - Show Bio

Real life fighter vs. movie fighter...let's see, I amm gonna have to with Lamotta on this one. Bruce's many feats are all against willing partners/inanimate objects. The guy with skill at hitting people while they are actively trying to hit him back wins. This isn't "Batman knows a gajillion styles comic book battle". These are real people, and as such, the one with experience and proven skill wins.

#24 Posted by comicdude23 (11399 posts) - - Show Bio
@kcaz:  135lb Lee would get DESTROYED by a 210lb Ali. Even Lee ADMITTED HIMSELF Ali would beat him. A-lot of what you show is demonstration and not competitive fighting. Lee is speculation.