User Lists: 0

Avatar image for deactivated-5dace575ce059
deactivated-5dace575ce059

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

@burnface: I'm gonna assume both in their primes?

ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@burnface: By EvanNova?

Technically, Jaina is more skilful, but Plagueis has every single other edge.

GeorgeWBush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

GeorgeWBush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Does anyone have any scan/quote for when Jaina utilized lightning that 'disintegrated' Vong?

If that's true that's a mighty impressive showing.

ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@burnface said:

Does anyone have any scan/quote for when Jaina utilized lightning that 'disintegrated' Vong?

If that's true that's a mighty impressive showing.

I'll need that for my respect thread. The best I have is killing one Yuuzhan Vong, and another one where she throws aside and presumably kills two Yuuzhan Vong as well.

Taken from my respect thread:

She throws aside two Yuuzhan Vong guards with Force Lightning, likely incapacitating them as well:

They raced through the halls and into the royal apartments. Guards moved to stop them; Force lightning caught them and threw them aside.

Source: The New Jedi Order: Dark Journey

She unleashes Lightning that knocks back Kyp Durron:

She rose suddenly, in a fluid blur, one hand thrown toward the older Jedi. Dark lightning crackled from her fingers and surrounded him in a shining nimbus. He flew back and struck the wall hard. His eyes narrowed, and the deadly aura disappeared. Jaina's eyes widened in surprise.

Source: The New Jedi Order: Dark Journey

In her anger, Jaina unleashes Lightning that kills a Yuuzhan Vong and attacks Vergere with the same technique:

In a motion so fast Jaina barely saw it, the warrior sat up and flicked his coufee at her throat. She could have dodged or blocked with her lightsaber, but she did not. Instead, with the fierce energy crackling inside her, she used her free hand to bat the weapon aside, then raised her hand toward her attacker and released the dark power inside. A fork of lightning crackled into existence a few centimeters beyond her glove tips, then blasted a hole through the Yuuzhan Vong's chest and hurled him onto the rubble pile smoking and motionless.

Jaina felt someone watching and turned to find Vergere staring at her from the shelter of a nearby archway, Anakin's lightsaber dangling from one hand and her narrow eyes angled in what seemed a peculiar expression of dismay. Jaina sneered at the creature, then raised her hand and loosed another bolt of Force lightning.

Source: The New Jedi Order: Star By Star
Darth_Necray

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Jaina has skill and the best feat I can think of for her is defeating Jacen with help from GM Luke. I don't she can take a majority against Plagueis

GeorgeWBush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

up

any other expanded opinions?

ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Plagueis has the edge in physical attributes and power, but Jaina might win 2 or 3 rounds just because of her skill.

silvanus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Plagueis due to his superiority in force gets majority.

joead624

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@burnface: a terrible inconsistency. Sometimes vong can be affected by the force and sometimes they can't. Depends on the book. Depends on the author.

Jainas force powers arent great but her defense against them are probably good due to her natural strength in the force. She's also a top duelist. Probably has a slight edge over plaguies here but it's difficult to compare them. Plagueis would probably be able to penetrate her strong force shield and win a fight in that regard, while he could hold his own vs her in a lightsaber duel until he could implement some force technique. I think jainas still underrated though.

Plagueis 7/10

primebonnick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

wow though but i give it to darth plagueis because he is the better force user, but jaina makes him earn it though. She is no joker.

Jacthripper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Jaina

Force power only takes you so far against the Sword of the Jedi

ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@joead624: Not necessarily an inconsistency. It appears that the Vong are more or less susceptible to certain types of powers, and Lightning/Electric Judgment certainly appears to be among them.

Penderor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Plagueis lol.

joead624

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shootingnova: jacen uses lightning on them while he's trying to escape on yuushantar*** (vong formed coruscant). It repels away from them and grounds itself on other objects. If I remember correctly. But ganner force pushes one of them when he's escaping a ship. Some working and not others would be an inconsistency as well.

joead624

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shootingnova: jacen uses lightning on them while he's trying to escape on yuushantar*** (vong formed coruscant). It repels away from them and grounds itself on other objects. If I remember correctly. But ganner force pushes one of them when he's escaping a ship. Some working and not others would be an inconsistency as well.