Jaime Lannister vs Khal Drogo

• 158 results
pokuston7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

khal would win this. 9 fights out of 10. jaime is good, but didn't have such experience as drogo. also hi armor is good for battles, for dueling it's more arguable..

check this:

http://awoiaf.westeros.org/index.php/History_of_Tourneys_in_Westeros

jaime was one of the best, but lost from now and then. khal never lost and fighted much more..

SSJLozza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This is a good idea for a fight. I say Jamie takes the majority though simply due to having armour, Westerosi weaponry is superior to Dothraki weaponry.

Cregan_Stark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Anyone who has read the books will say Jaime wins 10\10

Cregan_Stark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54  Edited By Cregan_Stark

GRRM himself has stated that Arthur Dayne and Barristan Selmy (in his prime) are two of the best fighters of all time. He also stated that Jaime is the top guy at the start of the series.

In the series, we've also seen that Dothraki aren't skilled at killing knights in armor, Jaime being the best knight in the realm is far above guys like Jorah who could kill a bloodrider. Drogo stands no chance in this fight.

Reyuna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Jaime takes this 10/10. Far superior swordsman, Drogo can be as fierce and powerful as he likes, a sword in the heart won't help there.

ghostrider2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Drogo.

Just_Banter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

i'd say Drogo but it could go either way

Avatar image for simon_the_digger
Simon_the_digger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lannister

Nocturnus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By Nocturnus

I am shocked as to how many Drogo supporters there are. Jamie wins in like 10 seconds

FatherChaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The Lion wins 8/10. He has actual feats to support his title. Drogo is just hype, unless killing one mook makes you a badass.

Kal-L

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Jorah a decent fighter can beat a bloodrider then I don't see how Drogo could beat Jaime one of the best swordsman ever.

Iragexcudder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Drogo. He never lost, same as Jamie essentially but Drogo and the Dothraki have weaponry made to counter swords. It would be too easy for Drogo

Yuber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By Yuber

Drogo died from a tiny booboo. Pretty sure Jamie got this.

monarch_prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lannister. Better fighter plus his armour. It's was already stated in the books a couple of times how Dothraki fail against armour, most notably when Barristan fought those Dothraki (can't remember their names at the moment). Drogo the over-hyped gets shredded.

Combatt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'll go with the Lion

Brienne thinks Jaime is the Best

Barristan says he's never seen a more Natural Swordsman than Jaime

Avatar image for deactivated-5a89ca5697052
deactivated-5a89ca5697052

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Drogo. He never lost, same as Jamie essentially but Drogo and the Dothraki have weaponry made to counter swords. It would be too easy for Drogo

the_wspanialy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lannister. Better fighter plus his armour. It's was already stated in the books a couple of times how Dothraki fail against armour, most notably when Barristan fought those Dothraki (can't remember their names at the moment). Drogo the over-hyped gets shredded.

@combatt said:

I'll go with the Lion

Brienne thinks Jaime is the Best

Barristan says he's never seen a more Natural Swordsman than Jaime

This.

the_red_viper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By the_red_viper  Moderator

@ithemanwithoutfeari: The Dothraki Arakh isn't made to counter swords, it is made to counter cavalry. It's built for the purpose of pulling people off horses. What it fails miserably against, is armor. Jaime wins 10/10.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_red_viper:

Still going with Drogo.

Jaime never impressed me (Tv version). He is also a shitty ass character.

the_red_viper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By the_red_viper  Moderator

@ithemanwithoutfeari: He doesn't have to impress you, he is just plain better. I can say that Christiano Ronaldo never impressed me but that doesn't mean I would beat him at football.

And by the way he is one of my favorite characters, both in the show and especially in the books.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_red_viper:

Yes it matters ... It actually matters a lot.

Its about our personal opinions and because Drogo impressed me more, I will put him above Jaime. simple as that.

I couldnt care less about your favorite characters. He still sucks ass imo.

the_red_viper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 the_red_viper  Moderator

@ithemanwithoutfeari: but you do realize that "he didn't impress me" is a pretty lame argument yeah? I mean, where's your reasoning?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_red_viper:

This pretty much sums everything up, I would have said in detail.

@jezer said:

If we're talking about from the HBO series, Khal Drogo wins.

His people are noticeable faster than knights, mostly because they wear less armour. The King himself said that him and his knights don't stand a chance against the fighting prowess of Khal Drogo's people,

Considering that Khal Drogo is the best of them, and is agile enough to even fight without a weapon - dodging closequarter strikes, Jaime probably wouldn't stand a chance.

Khals swiftness, skill and pain tolerance impressed me immediately.

Jaimes fight against Ned Stark in episode 5 was underwhelming imo ... They were both lacking impressive combat speed feats.

Rag_man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

i dunno, Jaime will crush anyone that crosses swords with him in a conventional fight, but that's not what he's gonna get with Drogo. What's Jamie going when Drogo just grabs his weapon and tackles him to the ground? Drogo is NOT going to follow the conventions of swordplay.

those_eyes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Drago barely

the_red_viper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 the_red_viper  Moderator

@ithemanwithoutfeari: This argument is very flawed. First of all, it was shown very clearly that Dothraki weapons are very ill-suited to use against an armored opponent... Drogo might as well fight unarmed.

King Robert said that he wouldn't want to face a Dothraki horde in battle, true, but that is because of their sheer numbers and the fact that they could outmatch pretty much any regular soldier in an open battle. A knight in plate armor like Jaime in a 1v1 fight is a different matter altogether.

And his fight with Ned wasn't supposed to impress you. Jaime was toying with him. He stated just a second before the fight started that he didn't want to kill Ned.

the_red_viper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 the_red_viper  Moderator

@ithemanwithoutfeari: oh and for the record, "pain tolerance" is a myth. It's called adrenaline and it works the same for anything that breathes, it isn't a factor in most fights.

ginman333

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Jamie at his prime might be one of the best two or three fighters in GOT history. Drogo may be fast but he isnt going to be fast enough to make up for Jamie's skill in utilizing his weapons. The armor makes this unfair.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_red_viper:

I dont think jaime was toying there. He was pretty pissed and even forced ned to fight him 1vs 1. Sounds more like an excuse from your side ...

I also dont think King Robert stated that he would not face a Dothraki Horde, because of their numbers ... Sounds once again more like an excuse, unless he really said that.

The only thing that is flawed here is your comment, but I respect your afford. I dont like arguing with fanboys anyways. Go ahead an tell your invented bs someone else.

Adrenaline is a stress hormone ... It has nothing to do with pain tolerance. Some people have lower pain thresholds and tolerances than other people ... Drogo is a good example for that.

The point is Jaime was underwhelming ... His Combat speed was laughable. He might be skilled enough to keep up for a while, but he would go down sooner or later.

the_red_viper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80  Edited By the_red_viper  Moderator

@ithemanwithoutfeari said:

@the_red_viper:

1. I dont think jaime was toying there. He was pretty pissed and even forced ned to fight him 1vs 1. Sounds more like an excuse from your side ...
  2. I also dont think King Robert stated that he would not face a Dothraki Horde, because of their numbers ... Sounds once again more like an excuse, unless he really said that.
  3. The only thing that is flawed here is your comment, but I respect your afford. I dont like arguing with fanboys anyways. Go ahead an tell your invented bs someone else.
  4. Adrenaline is a stress hormone ... It has nothing to do with pain tolerance. Some people have lower pain thresholds and tolerances than other people ... Drogo is a good example for that.
  5. The point is Jaime was underwhelming ... His Combat speed was laughable. He might be skilled enough to keep up for a while, but he would go down sooner or later.
  1. Yes he was. In the very same scene, Jaime admitted that he doesn't want Ned to be killed, because that would mean Tyrion would die too. Jaime fought with him for sports and amusement, there would have been no other reason.
  2. Not only numbers. You ignored the second part of my response to that, that Dothraki are more suited for open battle, whilst not so much for a 1v1. Quote from the show, by Robert himself: "Only a fool would meet the Dothraki in an open field." Reason behind this is that Dothraki are all on horseback while Westerosi armies are mostly footsoldiers, who are at an immediate disadvantage against cavalry. Anyhow, in the books Robert had thought that Dany's Khalasar counted as high as 100,000 men, added to the noble houses that were likely to join her cause. Besides, what difference does it make? What does Robert know of Dothraki? He's never even met one in person, all he knows of them are ancient stories. I can say I'm afraid of clowns, doesn't mean I have a good reason to be. And there's one showing in the show of a Dothraki VS knight, and the Dothraki, who was faster and with greater skill, lost because he was ill equipped to face a knight. Same will happen to Drogo if he were to face Jaime. In the books, other than Jorah fighting Drogo's bloodrider, there was another showing of an Essosi fighter VS Westerosi knight. Khrazz, a celebrated fighting-pits champion (think Spartacus), fought against Barristan Selmy. Khrazz was bigger, stronger, and 40 years younger than Selmy (he's around 60-70), and was stated to fight at blur speeds. But he still lost. Why? Because he used a Dothraki Arakh against an armored knight. I will add in the quote from the book later. Even in the show, there was a scene in season 1 where Jorah explained why an Arakh would be useless against armor.
  3. Effort* I think you mean? And calling me a "fanboy" and my arguments "invented bs" isn't helping your case.
  4. Yes it does. I was in the army, and in boot camp we were taught to always check ourselves for bullet wounds that we might not feel because of adrenaline hiding the pain. When a man is in a life or death situation, such as a fight - adrenaline would hide the pain from almost any injury, save the worst ones or ones that are meant to cripple. Like people who run away from danger can sprint for ridiculous distances without feeling a thing until their bodies can't take the strain anymore and they literally collapse from exhaustion. Pain tolerance/threshold is something that only works outside of life-threatening situations that trigger your body's adrenaline.
  5. He doesn't need to be very fast in order to survive against a Dothraki Arakh if he wears his armor. Please read below:

“I am here for Hizdahr,” [Barristan] said. “Throw down your steel and stand aside, and no harm need come to you.”

Khrazz laughed. “Old man. I will eat your heart.” The two men were of a height, but Khrazz was two stone heavier and forty years younger, with pale skin, dead eyes, and a crest of bristly red-black hair that ran from his brow to the base of his neck.

“Then come,” said Barristan the Bold. Khrazz came.

For the first time all day, Selmy felt certain. This is what I was made for, he thought. The dance, the sweet steel song, a sword in my hand and a foe before me.

The pit fighter was fast, blazing fast, as quick as any man Ser Barristan had ever fought. In those big hands, the arakh became a whistling blur, a steel storm that seemed to come at the old knight from three directions at once. Most of the cuts were aimed at his head. Khrazz was no fool. Without a helm, Selmy was most vulnerable above the neck.

He blocked the blows calmly, his longsword meeting each slash and turning it aside. The blades rang and rang again. Ser Barristan retreated. On the edge of his vision, he saw the cupbearers watching with eyes as big and white as chicken eggs. Khrazz cursed and turned a high cut into a low one, slipping past the old knight’s blade for once, only to have his blow scrape uselessly off a white steel greave. Selmy’s answering slash found the pit fighter’s left shoulder, parting the fine linen to bite the flesh beneath. His yellow tunic began to turn pink, then red.

“Only cowards dress in iron,” Khrazz declared, circling. No one wore armor in the fighting pits. It was blood the crowds came for: death, dismemberment, and shrieks of agony, the music of the scarlet sands.

Ser Barristan turned with him. “This coward is about to kill you, ser.” The man was no knight, but his courage had earned him that much courtesy. Khrazz did not know how to fight a man in armor. Ser Barristan could see it in his eyes: doubt, confusion, the beginnings of fear. The pit fighter came on again, screaming this time, as if sound could slay his foe where steel could not. The arakh slashed low, high, low again.

Selmy blocked the cuts at his head and let his armor stop the rest, whilst his own blade opened the pit fighter’s cheek from ear to mouth, then traced a raw red gash across his chest. Blood welled from Khrazz’s wounds. That only seemed to make him wilder. He seized the brazier with his off hand and flipped it, scattering embers and hot coals at Selmy’s feet. Ser Barristan leapt over them. Khrazz slashed at his arm and caught him, but the arakh could only chip the hard enamel before it met the steel below.

“In the pit that would have taken your arm off, old man.”

“We are not in the pit.”

“Take off that armor!”

“It is not too late to throw down your steel. Yield.”

“Die,” spat Khrazz … but as he lifted his arakh, its tip grazed one of the wall hangings and hung. That was all the chance Ser Barristan required. He slashed open the pit fighter’s belly, parried the arakh as it wrenched free, then finished Khrazz with a quick thrust to the heart as the pit fighter’s entrails came sliding out like a nest of greasy eels.

Drogo's "combat speed" is worth nothing when his weapon can't even go through steel armor. I don't even need to bring Jaime's feats to the table, because it's fundamental that Dothraki are ill-suited to face knights. If Jorah, who is a pretty lousy fighter, could kill a bloodrider - who is supposed to be not too far below his Khal in fighting prowess - then Jaime, who is a top-tier fighter, can kill Drogo. Even if Drogo is more skilled, and that is a VERY big 'if'. Nevermind all the statements made by GRRM that claim Jaime is the greatest fighter of his generation and all that. Jaime doesn't only win this fight, he outright stomps.

You're welcome to not respond if you still think that I'm a fanboy. But that would just make you a sore loser. Because so far the one who doesn't bring any reasoning to his arguments (other than piggybacking on other people's posts), is you.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_red_viper:

I am definitely not going to read this novel. You put way too much energy in this ...

I was not going to argue in the first place. I just told you why I think he wins, because you asked me.

I am still convinced that he wins handily, because Jaime was underwhelming.

AlphaQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Drogo is showing more cleavage than Daenarys.

the_red_viper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84 the_red_viper  Moderator

@the_red_viper:

I am definitely not going to read this novel. You put way too much energy in this ...

I was not going to argue in the first place. I just told you why I think he wins, because you asked me and I still think he wins handily.

Jaime was underwhelming.

Of course you still think he wins, because you don't bother reading people's responses. But it's for the best, I don't like arguing with fanboys anyways.

AlphaQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Jaime clearly wins this though.

ScotticusRex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Not that most people have said otherwise, but Jaime all the way. Better skill, better armor.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_red_viper said:

@the_red_viper:

I was not going to argue in the first place. I just told you why I think he wins, because you asked me and I still think he wins handily.

Jaime was underwhelming.

Of course you still think he wins, because you don't bother reading people's responses. But it's for the best, I don't like arguing with fanboys anyways.

fanboys

I actually dislike both of them ... Both are garbage as a character.

Of course you still think he wins, because you don't bother reading people's responses.

You got way to hyped up over this ... I didint bother reading your response, because I never wanted to argue in the first place.

I watched GOT a while ago and I remember both of them had 1 fight scene (Jaime with both hands). I saw this Battle Thread - rewatched both scenes and Drogo impressed me more.

I have to refresh my GOT knowledge to argue about this topic in detail.

the_red_viper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88 the_red_viper  Moderator
JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#90 JediXMan  Moderator

Jaime stomps. Even if they were the same skill level (which is dubious), Jaime has a clear gear advantage.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_red_viper:

Yes I remember that fight scene.

but he lost there, didint he ?

JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92 JediXMan  Moderator

Jamie at his prime might be one of the best two or three fighters in GOT history. Drogo may be fast but he isnt going to be fast enough to make up for Jamie's skill in utilizing his weapons. The armor makes this unfair.

History? Eh. Top 2 are absolutely prime Barristan Selmy and Arthur Dayne; 3 might be prime Robert Baratheon. I could see Jaime in top 5.

JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93  Edited By JediXMan  Moderator

@the_red_viper:

He was weak from a long period of imprisonment (the exact time escapes me. He was underfed and atrophied from lack of exercise), lacked armor, and his hands were bound. Not a legitimate fight by any means.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jedixman said:

@the_red_viper:

He was weak from a long period of imprisonment (the exact time escapes me. He was underfed and atrophied from lack of exercise), lacked armor, and his hands were bound. Not a legitimate fight by any means.

Yeah I know, just rewatched this scene.

I think he was 1 year caught in that cage.

ginman333

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jedixman: Id agree with Arthur. Barristan is the other guy I would say gives Jamie a run and prooooobably a win, hence the "two or three" comment. After that Jamie is certainly in contention w/o question. Top 5 works just fine for me. ha ha

JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96 JediXMan  Moderator

@jedixman: Id agree with Arthur. Barristan is the other guy I would say gives Jamie a run and prooooobably a win, hence the "two or three" comment. After that Jamie is certainly in contention w/o question. Top 5 works just fine for me. ha ha

There's also one or two names which escape me at the moment. Does Gerold Hightower have any accolades to his name?

JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97 JediXMan  Moderator
@jedixman said:

@the_red_viper:

Yeah I know, just rewatched this scene.

I think he was 1 year caught in that cage.

Then he was absolutely in no condition to fight.

the_red_viper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98 the_red_viper  Moderator

@jedixman said:
@ginman333 said:

History? Eh. Top 2 are absolutely prime Barristan Selmy and Arthur Dayne; 3 might be prime Robert Baratheon. I could see Jaime in top 5.

Selmy states that Jaime is the most natural swordsman he has ever encountered. Also, if taking ALL of the history of the GOT universe into account, there were countless other names in older times that could have been better. Like Aemon the Dragonknight, Ser Duncan the Tall, and others. Most of them legendary Kingsguard from different periods of history. Not to mntion Arthur Dayne's predecessors who wielded Dawn before him, they were stated to be the greatest of their respective times, though comparing them to Ser Arthur is hard because we know nothing of them aside from their rep. Selmy and Arthur Dayne are possibly 2 of the top 3 of modern history, but beyond that it's questionable.

@jedixman said:

@the_red_viper:

This. And on top of that, Jaime actually did match her in strength for a while before getting completely exhausted. In the books, he even manages to injure her, and in the next book, she states that the fight was very close (in the books she didn't even win, they were interrupted in the middle), and then she even claims that he's probably the best swordsman in the realm (or at least one of).

the_red_viper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99 the_red_viper  Moderator

It was stated that Selmy and Dayne are equal, and Dayne's only advantage is his sword - Dawn.

@jedixman said:
@ginman333 said:

There's also one or two names which escape me at the moment. Does Gerold Hightower have any accolades to his name?

Not that I remember right now, but one does not become Lord Commander of the Kingsguard for nothing (that is, assuming we're talking of proper Kingsguards, and not the crap that was under Joffrey and Tommen).

cdiddyman911

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Drogo will more than likely lose due to being simply outclassed in terms of gear and armor, but IMO Drogo is in almost every way a overall more complete fighter. If we were to take away their standard, there is no doubt in my mind that Drogo wins maybe 8-9/10, and even with the gear I still think Drogo can take 3-4/10 over Jaime.