Jaegers (Pacific Rim) vs Titans (Attack of the Titans)

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Chichen_Nuggeg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By Chichen_Nuggeg

Jaegers (Pacific Rim)

No Caption Provided
  • Has access to their full arsenal
  • Complete set of Jaegars pre decommissioning
  • Allowed to refuel and repair minimal damage

VS

Titans (Attack of the Titans)

No Caption Provided
  • Mixture of titans 60m class and 15m classes
  • Allowed to dogpile
  • All have deviant intelligence

Rules

• There are no rules except no running away unless you are refueling.

Setting: Ruined city settings with remote bases for the Jaegers to refuel.

Round 1: 2 60m class and 5 15m class for every Jaeger.

Round2: 4 60m class and 10 15m class for every Jaeger.

Round 3: 4 60m class (Which are for some goddamned reason now armored) for every Jaeger.

Round 4: Every damned titan in Attack of the Titan vs Jaegers with perpetually infinite fuel.

Also, please go easy on me... This is my first thread... <3

Edit: I fixed some grammar mistakes.

Ironshinobi88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Breeze through first two rounds

Round 3 jaegers win with difficulty.

Round 4 I'd say they can lose due to numbers

Chibi_cute

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Jaegers in a brutal stomp.

jaegers are 200 meters tall and weights 1,900 + tons

Jaegers would just step on them like bugs.

mickey-mouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

#4  Edited By mickey-mouse

I love AOT, but Jaegers MONSTER STOMP!!!

No Caption Provided

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Jaegers

Avatar image for fallschirmjager
Fallschirmjager

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 16

#6  Edited By Fallschirmjager

i'm getting tired of SnK threads to be honest. I enjoyed the anime as much as anyone, but COME ON. they're fighting a medieval society who's big plan against them was a build a big-ass wall.

they have no place in 95% of matches.

seriously, even ignoring the massive size and weight advantages, the Jaegers have MISSILES and PLASMA CANNONS. .

Emperorb777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The Jaegers just step on them.

JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 JediXMan  Moderator

Jaegers stomp. Literally.

JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 JediXMan  Moderator

i'm getting tired of SnK threads to be honest. I enjoyed the anime as much as anyone, but COME ON. they're fighting a medieval society who's big plan against them was a build a big-ass wall.

I agree. The only ones I like are the ones involving Levi, because I think he might be fit for street-level battles.

Chichen_Nuggeg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Chichen_Nuggeg

@chibi_cuteJaegers are of an average height of 260 ft which is basically around 79 meters.

And Jaegars are heavier than 6000+ tons, there are recalculations which put the jaeger with MUCH higher weights.

@fallschirmjager

I actually didn't like the anime, I prefer the manga version.

But come on mate, atleast give this battle a chance. Look at round 4, titans are seemingly infinite in numbers. Don't you think that eventually wear and tear will catch up to the Jaegers?

And didn't the humans in Pacific Rim also adopt the same strategy vs Kaijus? Which led to a broken wall? So they both made the same mistake, plus Round 3 has powered up titans.

@jedixman

I actually haven't seen alot of AoTT threads, and I'm not really a fan. I mean, I like it but Its not on my daily "check for updates" list.

Avatar image for fallschirmjager
Fallschirmjager

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

@jedixman said:
@fallschirmjager said:

I agree. The only ones I like are the ones involving Levi, because I think he might be fit for street-level battles.

Potentially yes, but the setting has to be right to make use of 3D gear, otherwise its pointless.

I was mostly referring to the Titans themselves, anyway.

Avatar image for shadowswordmaster
ShadowSwordmaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

User Lists: 13

Jaegers are more advance in technology then the titans , so Jaegers win each round .

JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By JediXMan  Moderator
@potato said:

@chibi_cuteJaegers are of an average height of 260 ft which is basically around 79 meters.

And Jaegars are heavier than 6000+ tons, there are recalculations which put the jaeger with MUCH higher weights.

Not true. Gypsy Danger is just under 2,000 tons. The heaviest Jaegers are about 2,500 tons. The height is correct, though.

Source: Pacific Rim trading cards

JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 JediXMan  Moderator

@jedixman said:
@fallschirmjager said:

Potentially yes, but the setting has to be right to make use of 3D gear, otherwise its pointless.

Oh, I agree. Titans themselves are absolutely worthless in battle scenarios, except for maybe Eren and Anne. But even then... putting Titans against Sentinels was really sad (there are many such threads).

Levi has a lot of potential in forest and urban terrain. I'd personally like to see him used in some capacity, especially in team matchups.

Whirlwind_33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Jaegers squish them

Rithik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Jaegers in a monster stomp. But may lose round 4 due to numbers to just dogpile on the Jaegers itself.

kidchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

OP wins because of user name.

JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 JediXMan  Moderator

@potato said:

@jedixman

I actually haven't seen alot of AoTT threads, and I'm not really a fan. I mean, I like it but Its not on my daily "check for updates" list.

There were a lot, at one point. Even Sentinels (X-Men) vs Titans. It was getting ridiculous.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c901e667a76c
deactivated-5c901e667a76c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

1. It's called Attack on Titan.

2. Jaegers are more than able to take the Titans down every time.

Chichen_Nuggeg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jedixman: No mate, It was recalculated by engineers (I forgot the article, trying to find it now) since the weight of 2000 tons was to them a little too light for something of that size and build. Especially since you have to make the steel MUCH thicker due to the need of more horizontal strength.

http://madartlab.com/2013/07/26/pacific-rim-science-review/

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 12

The Jaegers are bigger than the Titans, and they fight foes who are bigger and tougher than the Titans.......and quite frankly smarter as well.

Chichen_Nuggeg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Chichen_Nuggeg

@xwraith: My bad, I'm not really that into attack on titan. Really sorry bout that.

@saren:

But the titans have the number advantage here, especially in Round 4, and Round 3 has powered up titans.

JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 JediXMan  Moderator

@potato said:

@jedixman: No mate, It was recalculated by engineers (I forgot the article, trying to find it now) since the weight of 2000 tons was to them a little too light for something of that size and build. Especially since you have to make the steel MUCH thicker due to the need of more horizontal strength.

http://madartlab.com/2013/07/26/pacific-rim-science-review/

Don't care. Officially released statistic > theories (a theory made by a scientist is just as worthless as a theory made by fans when it comes to official information).

The cards were officially licensed. So unless they themselves retcon that, the only information we go by is official information, which the cards essentially are.

Chichen_Nuggeg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jedixman

Meh, I can tell you aren't going to let this go. So I'll just leave you to it.

But those things are technologically based so fundamentally they should rely on scientific principles. And lo and behold, they do not. I'm not even arguing about how it is virtually impossible for the Jaegers knees to bear that much weight, I'm merely arguing that they SHOULD have a higher weight. That is all.

JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 JediXMan  Moderator

@potato said:

@jedixman

Meh, I can tell you aren't going to let this go. So I'll just leave you to it.

But those things are technologically based so fundamentally they should rely on scientific principles. And lo and behold, they do not. I'm not even arguing about how it is virtually impossible for the Jaegers knees to bear that much weight, I'm merely arguing that they SHOULD have a higher weight. That is all.

On the battle forums, we go by feats. Calculations are only worth something when the numbers haven't been made official. Since the numbers are official, there's no real point debating them.

What they should be and what they are stated to be are two different things, and we go by the latter.

Stupid_People

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Jaegers literally stomp them all up until final round where they might lose 1-2/10 due to sheer numbers.

Avatar image for thatguywithheadphones
thatguywithheadphones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

STREET LEVEL THREAT!!!

I will put this on every AoT thread if I have to.

JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 JediXMan  Moderator
Chichen_Nuggeg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jedixman: Calculations aren't feats. They are numbers based on a multitude of laws, and yes they are official but they are incorrect. But you are right there is no point debating between them, though it is still incorrect.

"What they should be and what they are stated to be are two different things, and we go by the latter." That is incorrect, I have seen a lot of regular Viners use the going by the showings which is "What it should be" rather than using statements that are placed by writers (Flash evacuating an entire city in milliseconds whilst only being at the speed of light when he is clearly FTL is one of these cases) and winning.

those_eyes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By those_eyes

@ironshinobi88: @immortal777: @dondave: @shadowswordmaster: @jedixman: @xwraith: @saren: @potato:

I just lost respect for all of you. None of you know anything about titans. They would stomp the jaegers. Jaegers were getting torn apart by by kaju so physically they aren't that durable. Eeren lifted the boulder that was around 10, 000 tonns. The numbers are too vast for the jaegers to handle. Each Jaeger would get dogpiled and crushed under the weight of the titans. How are jaegers going to g even pose a threat when they don't know where the titans weakness are? Titans can regenerate aswell. What's stopping the collosal titan from soloing by just entering a crevis of one of the jaegers and then just transforming himself into a titan? He could spam that over and over until he kills all the jaegers.

Just kidding, titans get merked!

No Caption Provided

JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By JediXMan  Moderator

@potato said:

@jedixman: Calculations aren't feats. They are numbers based on a multitude of laws, and yes they are official but they are incorrect. But you are right there is no point debating between them, though it is still incorrect.

"What they should be and what they are stated to be are two different things, and we go by the latter." That is incorrect, I have seen a lot of regular Viners use the going by the showings which is "What it should be" rather than using statements that are placed by writers (Flash evacuating an entire city in milliseconds whilst only being at the speed of light when he is clearly FTL is one of these cases) and winning.

This conversation is ridiculous.

I realize. Don't try to educate me on how the battle forums work. There are circumstances when calculations are applicable. This is not one of those times, when a source has clearly stated contrary to what your claim is. No calculations are necessary - the Jaegars are officially about 2k tons. No fan calculations will change that unless a major retcon takes place. Don't like it? Go to Warner Bros. and complain to them.

Also, Flash is beyond the speed of light. Has been for years.

Doesn't matter much. This thread is a mismatch. @saren

Ironshinobi88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@those_eyes: I was about to say lol I have made fair AOT threads before but no one commented. I thought Giant Man from Marvel would be a good matchup with a whole bunch of titans.

those_eyes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ironshinobi88: I had Eren go up against ant man in a tournament of mine and he freaking lost. Made no sense especially when Eren has his flame form which his body is on fire. How would ants even be able to climb him without burning? I'll look through your threads and comment since I'm a fan of apt. Also vote in the pyp tournament I'm in. I went against atomkill. I used Eren on my team. Luke hero made the pyp tournament.

jwwprod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By jwwprod

Jaegers

TDK_1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 153

User Lists: 13

Jaegers.They fight bigger,stronger and more intelligent foes than the Titans.

reaverlation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I believe there was a Titans vs Superman battle before so that's worse than this in which Jaegars stomp

Chichen_Nuggeg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jedixman: You misinterpreted that, I am NOT arguing that Flash is NOT FTL (He IS, it has been established for so long). I am arguing that he performed a feat that the writings downplayed as to being just "skirting" at the speed of light when he was clearly beyond the speed of light. And that I used that as an example of the authors being incorrect and that the proper information instead were used in battles (hence "what it should be").

Look, like you said, it is official and it doesn't matter if I call it out since you apparently don't care. What I said is that it IS incorrect and SHOULD be corrected, whether or not it will is up to them. And it's not like they are gonna retcon it anyways, it's a movie for god's sake.

And calculations DO apply in this case such as this especially when someone calls out wrong information.

Avatar image for homicidalmaniac
homicidalmaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

I believe there was a Titans vs Superman battle before so that's worse than this in which Jaegars stomp

There a Hulk Vs Million Titans thread and of course Hulk Smash

afueikawa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Jaegers, just too big and durable.

What's next, Jaegers vs Word War Z?

kyrees

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

jaegers squash AoT again.

JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 JediXMan  Moderator

@potato said:

Look, like you said, it is official and it doesn't matter if I call it out since you apparently don't care. What I said is that it IS incorrect and SHOULD be corrected, whether or not it will is up to them. And it's not like they are gonna retcon it anyways, it's a movie for god's sake.

That's essentially the bottom line.

So the point is: your statement that they are 6,000 tons is incorrect. While, perhaps, they should be 6k tons, it doesn't matter; official statements say otherwise. That's all there is to it.

Chichen_Nuggeg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By Chichen_Nuggeg

@jedixman

Well, the official statements are incorrect. That's all.

kyrees

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@potato: i'm going out on a limb that what you or anyone says to such official statements is irrelevant and will never be used in this forum so there is no point in saying it.

Chichen_Nuggeg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kyrees: It's still incorrect though, my point stands.

Pierpat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If titans where made x10 times larger, this maybe could have been a fight.

Like this jaegers stomp every single round.

kyrees

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By kyrees

@potato: it is incorrect according to what you read but you can't use it here at all nor can you use the same article or anything similar to it here to disprove such clearly stated facts. you have no point in posting it here at all. i am giving you a fair reminder that such clearly stated facts are taken as it is and we go with that. you want to ignore it, you are free to do so but that only makes your argument less reliable.

Avatar image for twix_right_side
Twix_Right_Side

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

they have no place in 95% of matches.

seriously, even ignoring the massive size and weight advantages, the Jaegers have MISSILES and PLASMA CANNONS. .

This

Avatar image for twix_right_side
Twix_Right_Side

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jedixman said:

@fallschirmjager said:

@jedixman said:
@fallschirmjager said:

Oh, I agree. Titans themselves are absolutely worthless in battle scenarios, except for maybe Eren and Anne. But even then... putting Titans against Sentinels was really sad (there are many such threads).

Levi has a lot of potential in forest and urban terrain. I'd personally like to see him used in some capacity, especially in team matchups.

Those threads are horrible.

Also,Sentinels would stomp. Just saying.... I mean,standard size ones are far larger,stronger,more durable,etc than 90% of titans,and standard weaponry is like Iron Man level

I don't know why people put Titans (that fight Medieval-level people and lose) up against character like Hulk,Sentinels,Iron Man,Superman,Ant-man,etc.....It's sad really.

@ironshinobi88: I had Eren go up against ant man in a tournament of mine and he freaking lost. Made no sense especially when Eren has his flame form which his body is on fire. How would ants even be able to climb him without burning? I'll look through your threads and comment since I'm a fan of apt. Also vote in the pyp tournament I'm in. I went against atomkill. I used Eren on my team. Luke hero made the pyp tournament.

Couldn't Ant-man grow larger than him and just step on him? Or go into his body (like,smaller than his molecules) and then expand?